Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Formerhound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by Formerhound »

Just terrible ball control and defense. Turnover machine today. Three turnovers in last minute and a half. Defensively they were porous. Way too many open looks. Thank god for Minicus. Two straight games that Evan James didn’t show up. Play like this next week v Army and they’ll get killed.
Just not sure how this defense held MD and Hopkins to 7 and 8 goals. This is not a team that is going anywhere unless they fix things quickly. Face off, defense, turnovers, “best players” disappearing for games as well. Just can’t figure out what’s going on. James, Poitras, Kamish and Higgins are all very good players. Game in and game out one, two or three of them just don’t show up. Lindsay was awesome two weeks in a. Row and today he had 4 turnovers and was invisible offensively. Charley need to read these guys the riot act or let the freshmen takeover.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Turnandrake wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:30 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:17 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:12 pm:o
Oh boy Minicus with 7 and Wyers and mcclough with goals bail Loyola out A win is a win But we are not putting together a solid offensive game plan

Bucknell is not a good team Watched them several times this year Not an offensive juggernaut
But Bucknell scored 13 goals mostly freshman.
Bucknell also missing to scorer Connor Davis
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:05 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I hope the Hounds make a statement today. Bucknell is average at best but if Loyola plays to their competition then they could be in trouble.
Struggling 6-4 Wyers with a goal Bateman with two asst 3 pts in the last two games
Poor first quarter. Too many unforced turnovers, and lots of ill-advised passes inside. Defense has played well, but has gotten burned in unsettled situations.

Our ride has been effective. Surprised that Bucknell has abandoned their signature 10-man ride. I always thought that was a bad strategy against Loyola's better athletes in the past, but this year the Hounds have struggled against the 10-man.

Let's hope the offense cleans things up in the second half.

Go Hounds!

Oh, and who else wants to shoot the camera operator?
I can’t figure this team out. So good and yet so bad. I really hoped they would come off the Duke disaster and blow Bucknell out but they are lucky to get the win. And yes, Bucknell should lose just because their camera operator was horrible.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

So I think it’s time to start to switch in some faces for the midfield
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:10 pm So I think it’s time to start to switch in some faces for the midfield
Didn’t happen last year Won’t happen this year Van arsdale has his group that he runs with and that is that And Toomey will not get involved with the offense even if it Mens righting the ship

Hopefully van arsdsle has learned from previous mistakes
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 am
houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:10 pm So I think it’s time to start to switch in some faces for the midfield
Didn’t happen last year Won’t happen this year Van arsdale has his group that he runs with and that is that And Toomey will not get involved with the offense even if it Mens righting the ship

What happened to that guy who was on last year who has a kid who is now a freshman on the team. Million man or something like that. He harped on midfielders all last year and he was basically shamed out of here. Guess it was because his kid was coming here. But in retrospect a lot of what he said was true. This year’s freshman are at least getting a chance to play as compared to last years.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Formerhound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 am

What happened to that guy who was on last year who has a kid who is now a freshman on the team. Million man or something like that. He harped on midfielders all last year and he was basically shamed out of here. Guess it was because his kid was coming here. But in retrospect a lot of what he said was true. This year’s freshman are at least getting a chance to play as compared to last years.
If he were correct, then this year's sophomores would be playing a lot. From what we've seen so far, this year's freshman class is far more talented than last year's freshman class. This year's freshman are playing because they are better. So, no, what he said wasn't true.

We've played a lot a faces in both the midfield and attack. McColloch started yesterday in place of Haberman. I don't think the problem is playing more faces. We just need to value possession more and clean up the sloppy turnovers. When we're not winning faceoffs, we can't afford to throw the ball away so much. I'd really like to know what has happened to James. He doesn't seem to be himself lately.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

GreyingHound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:31 am

If he were correct, then this year's sophomores would be playing a lot. From what we've seen so far, this year's freshman class is far more talented than last year's freshman class. This year's freshman are playing because they are better. So, no, what he said wasn't true.

We've played a lot a faces in both the midfield and attack. McColloch started yesterday in place of Haberman. I don't think the problem is playing more faces. We just need to value possession more and clean up the sloppy turnovers. When we're not winning faceoffs, we can't afford to throw the ball away so much. I'd really like to know what has happened to James. He doesn't seem to be himself lately.
Very true about this years freshmen. From last year’s s class only Roman has produced. Would like to see what Mcgorry would do but I heard he’s out for the year with a knee injury. Same with Sullivan.
James just seems disinterested the last two games. No dodging. No jump. Maybe he’s also hurt.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Formerhound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:55 am

Very true about this years freshmen. From last year’s s class only Roman has produced. Would like to see what Mcgorry would do but I heard he’s out for the year with a knee injury. Same with Sullivan.
James just seems disinterested the last two games. No dodging. No jump. Maybe he’s also hurt.
You guys are losers the way you talk about kids.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

lorin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm You guys are losers the way you talk about kids.
Says the guy who only comes to this thread to troll Loyola fans...
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

lorin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm

Truth
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:23 pm
TheBigIguana wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 pm Just wild how good this team can look at its best and how clueless at their worst. Minicus is crazy good and was the only one who played 60 minutes.

Still a win is a win. You don't have to put a bad loss on the record and that means your still on track to host a playoff game. It'll annoy some folks on here but I still can't gauge Boston U until they play a decent team (Harvard on Tuesday should be interesting) so that game next week sets the Patriot League favorite at this point.
Can we truly gage Loyola? Fast start but has sputtered the last 4 Not sure how good they are
Yeah because Loyola has played competent lacrosse teams. They're 2-2 against them which means they're probably a lower top 10/upper teens level team that on their day can beat anyone but also struggle if they aren't on it.

Boston U have a garbage schedule. It's unfortuante because the garbageness of it costs the PL a chance at an at large.
QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark »

So BU has Harvard Tuesday. Yale down the road. Princeton bugged out of their game at BU late. So they're playing 5 at home, 10 on the road.

Focus on beating Army to get at least the 2nd seed in the PL.

Conner Davis plays last week and that's likely a different outcome. Consider that a fortunate break.

Good luck to the Hounds the rest of the way.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

What baffles me is the sloppy play, they continue to make the same mistakes Lack of discipline and a lack of holding players accountable for the mistakes and turnovers. of I agree with your comment on James, simply a no show for games. Again if he is hurt, he is hurting the team more by playing, sit out heal, and come back and contribute.

Army will be a challenge, always physical, road game, and offense is in a state of flux. Minicus is solid, at three goals last week were in the right spot on a rebound, he will now be getting the better pole. I feel he will rise to the challange
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

[/quote]
Army will be a challenge, always physical, road game, and offense is in a state of flux.
[/quote]

As competitive a game as we have seen in sometime in the PL - Army has the stats this year, 'hounds have a great team and PL (+) history. I will be there and looking forward to some great action!
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Totally agree. But not surprising... Comments are always the same.... Really who cares what they say or think. Hounds beat a motivated team on the road yesterday. It was a W. These guys are still bitching.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Houndfan73 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 pm

Truth
+2. High school players/parents read this forum ...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

There are no “guys.” It’s one troll. There are 3-4 usernames who all post the exact same things, have the exact same weird bones to pick. And all, mysteriously reference each other.

:roll:
lorin

Post by lorin »

smoova wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:45 pm
Houndfan73 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 pm

Truth
+2. High school players/parents read this forum ...
Yes so parents on team read this right and my guess is they are at the tailgate wishing they knew who writes crap about their kid, there are constructive ways of getting your point across.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I have been wondering what happened to him. I suppose if his 4 star son was one of the middies helping the team now then he would be all over this board.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”