D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Live Game Action

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Wow. Emma Ward
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

High, late crosscheck. Ball in cage before Tyrell is mugged. But we gotta talk about it. Goal, yellow and no draw, right?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:37 pm Wow. Emma Ward
Her ability to feed makes this offense so much better.
njbill

Post by njbill »

There are three teams (UNC, Syr, NU) with one (BC) outside looking in. And I wouldn't put it past the outsider to get into the top group by season's end.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:55 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:37 pm Wow. Emma Ward
Her ability to feed makes this offense so much better.
Agreed. I was, though, saying wow about the catch in traffic/switch to the left hand/nail the upper right corner.

Princeton and PSU tied at 14. JMU up by a couple. Fourth.

JMU showing the toughness and coaching it is rightly known for. Up by three with 4:30 to go.

JMU and Penn State win. Both nice, composed efforts to win tight games.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, that game was close until it wasn't. Cuse looked more like Cuse in the second half and hats off to Maddy Baxter, stepped into the draw circle and made things a little more difficult on the draws. Nice job by Cuse of taking control of the game when they had to.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Duke is now 0-4 in the ACC. I don’t want to hear about “ players not transferring out of there.” It is a Duke degree. Of course they aren’t. With their resources the program is once again underachieving. The problem starts at the top.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

suffolk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:22 pm Duke is now 0-4 in the ACC. I don’t want to hear about “ players not transferring out of there.” It is a Duke degree. Of course they aren’t. With their resources the program is once again underachieving. The problem starts at the top.
There are other schools that have the same or academic reputation as Duke with competitive lacrosse programs. Some even with better reputations. If they’re that miserable, they have options.

My point in bringing up transfers and retention was more to emphasize that, and I know this is hard to believe, it is possible to have a positive student-athlete experience without winning a national championship.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:37 pm
suffolk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:22 pm Duke is now 0-4 in the ACC. I don’t want to hear about “ players not transferring out of there.” It is a Duke degree. Of course they aren’t. With their resources the program is once again underachieving. The problem starts at the top.
There are other schools that have the same or academic reputation as Duke with competitive lacrosse programs. Some even with better reputations. If they’re that miserable, they have options.

My point in bringing up transfers and retention was more to emphasize that, and I know this is hard to believe, it is possible to have a positive student-athlete experience without winning a national championship.
Usually when players transfer from a school, they still occasionally talk about their time there or show some type of support or good will towards previous teammates or the institution as a whole. Charlotte North transferred from Duke and it's like that time never existed. I've noticed this. She doesn't talk about it, she doesn't mention Duke, she doesn't interact with her old team mates, nothing. Like she really wanted everyone to forget that she went to Duke. And it totally worked. She's so synonymous with BC lacrosse now that it's hard to believe she even went to Duke at any point. For us as hardcore lax fans it's still fresh in our minds but ask a casual fan in the stand or a girl at a camp and they'd have no clue.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Duke has not won an ACC title in 16 years. If they miss the tournament this year, it will be for the 4th time in the last 7 years. By contrast the Duke men’s team has been to 8 of the last 13 final fours. The Duke job is a gold mine. Maybe the top job in the country. It is on nearly kid on the Island’s top choice of schools. They have changed assistants and it doesn’t matter. There is one common denominator. I am sorry, they are massively underachieving.
JustWatching

Post by JustWatching »

Does anyone know if the DU BC game will be televised/streamed?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:49 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Usually when players transfer from a school, they still occasionally talk about their time there or show some type of support or good will towards previous teammates or the institution as a whole. Charlotte North transferred from Duke and it's like that time never existed. I've noticed this. She doesn't talk about it, she doesn't mention Duke, she doesn't interact with her old team mates, nothing. Like she really wanted everyone to forget that she went to Duke. And it totally worked. She's so synonymous with BC lacrosse now that it's hard to believe she even went to Duke at any point. For us as hardcore lax fans it's still fresh in our minds but ask a casual fan in the stand or a girl at a camp and they'd have no clue.
That’s just one player. Are you really going to try and draw conclusions and make generalizations based one player?

And that happens. Sometimes a players dream school isn’t the right fit. Halle Majorana is another example. You really can’t just assume it’s the program that is the problem. It could just as likely have been the player, but more than likely it was a combination of both.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

suffolk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:56 pm Duke has not won an ACC title in 16 years. If they miss the tournament this year, it will be for the 4th time in the last 7 years. By contrast the Duke men’s team has been to 8 of the last 13 final fours. The Duke job is a gold mine. Maybe the top job in the country. It is on nearly kid on the Island’s top choice of schools. They have changed assistants and it doesn’t matter. There is one common denominator. I am sorry, they are massively underachieving.
I don’t think anyone is arguing that they aren’t underachieving.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:45 pm
suffolk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:56 pm Duke has not won an ACC title in 16 years. If they miss the tournament this year, it will be for the 4th time in the last 7 years. By contrast the Duke men’s team has been to 8 of the last 13 final fours. The Duke job is a gold mine. Maybe the top job in the country. It is on nearly kid on the Island’s top choice of schools. They have changed assistants and it doesn’t matter. There is one common denominator. I am sorry, they are massively underachieving.
True. No one is arguing at all about Duke. They have good athletes, and get good lacrosse players out of high schools. And then something happens. It is a team without the grittiness needed to hang in tough games. Success in the game -- maybe any competitive sport -- requires a furious desire to win combined with the composure to do the things needed to win, to execute. And year after year, despite the wealth of talent and beautiful venue and great school, the team almost always underachieves. It's actually a little sad.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 pm
True. No one is arguing at all about Duke. They have good athletes, and get good lacrosse players out of high schools. And then something happens. It is a team without the grittiness needed to hang in tough games. Success in the game -- maybe any competitive sport -- requires a furious desire to win combined with the composure to do the things needed to win, to execute. And year after year, despite the wealth of talent and beautiful venue and great school, the team almost always underachieves. It's actually a little sad.
Your post makes it sounds like players are at the root of what plagues this program. I place the blame for a culture that lacks "grittiness" firmly at the feet of the HC. They are a top academic school, play in the best conference (currently) in the country and have resources and scholarship $ galore. They routinely get great players out of HS for those reasons. Coaching matters.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:33 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am
DMac wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:54 am I feel as if Cuse is in a bit of a precarious spot today v Duke. Jenner is tough enough to deal with when you send your best and most experienced draw girl out to go against her, let alone when you send an inexperienced back up out go against her. The D, which I think is pretty darn good (includes GK), is going to have to carry the heavier part of the load today as it seems likely Jenner will win the ball to herself regularly and that O is going to be coming at the Cuse D a good part of the day. Cuse has to be real sharp on GBs and clears, just don't see there being much room for error there. O has to be efficient and productive with nearly every possession too. They were uncharacteristically sloppy v Loyola, just don't think they can afford to be that way today, can't give Duke the ball any more times than you've got to figure they're going to get for themselves. Think Cuse is going to be really tested today. Yes, I know Clemson beat Duke but I don't think that means jack today.
I don't see it being very close. Cuse rolls Dook.
If Cuse plays like they did against Loyola, then this may be closer than you think.
I think you are discrediting Loyola for playing Cuse tight.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:43 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 pm
Your post makes it sounds like players are at the root of what plagues this program. I place the blame for a culture that lacks "grittiness" firmly at the feet of the HC. They are a top academic school, play in the best conference (currently) in the country and have resources and scholarship $ galore. They routinely get great players out of HS for those reasons. Coaching matters.
Nope. Not what I meant. We are in complete agreement.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:26 pm
Season is over. Danielle Spencer, ok recruiter, terrible coach. Actually, Stanford recruits itself as a school. Spencer does very little. She needs to go or nothing will change. Maybe when Ashley Humphrey returns wearing Carolina blue and drops 20 assists against them in a NCAA tournament first round rout will the message get through.
I wrote this back in 2022 when Stanford lost to UVA in the NCAA tournament. Even in through time, this rings true even today.

Stanford is bad. really bad. I'm sorry but how on earth are you giving up 20 and 17 goals to ALBANY and COLORADO. back to back. with a team with such talented players? Some people on here don't like honest truths. This is a forum about women's lax and i think praise and criticism are fair game when warranted. Performances like this are pretty inexcusable. If i was a booster for the program i would not be happy. Time to start looking at the head coach.

Ashley Humphrey is as good as gone to UNC to play with her sisters. any takers on this bet?
Stanford hasn’t played uva in the NCAA tourney since 2018. FYI.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:58 pm
Season is over. Danielle Spencer, ok recruiter, terrible coach. Actually, Stanford recruits itself as a school. Spencer does very little. She needs to go or nothing will change. Maybe when Ashley Humphrey returns wearing Carolina blue and drops 20 assists against them in a NCAA tournament first round rout will the message get through.
I wrote this back in 2022 when Stanford lost to UVA in the NCAA tournament. Even in through time, this rings true even today.

Stanford is bad. really bad. I'm sorry but how on earth are you giving up 20 and 17 goals to ALBANY and COLORADO. back to back. with a team with such talented players? Some people on here don't like honest truths. This is a forum about women's lax and i think praise and criticism are fair game when warranted. Performances like this are pretty inexcusable. If i was a booster for the program i would not be happy. Time to start looking at the head coach.

Ashley Humphrey is as good as gone to UNC to play with her sisters. any takers on this bet?
jacksonville* i stand corrected. i remember complaining about USC as well and mixed it up
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:27 am
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:58 pm

jacksonville* i stand corrected. i remember complaining about USC as well and mixed it up
what is going on with BC - Denver game??
Denver 5-0 end of 1st quarter. A shame not being streamed!!

Now 6-0! wonder who is in goal. Gotta check the stats.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”