Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: Live Game Action

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Buffs 17 Stanford 15. Maybe now we'll finally see the annual Stanford hype train run out of steam.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:32 pm Buffs 17 Stanford 15. Maybe now we'll finally see the annual Stanford hype train run out of steam.
I think we all would agree that we must wait for Wheels, Wheels! to weigh in from their perch above us before we completely write off Stanford.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Stanford lost. giving up 17 to colorado.
watcherinthewoods

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:11 pm Stanford lost. giving up 17 to colorado.
Coming off giving up 20 to Albany ... :lol:
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

No need to pile on. Message received earlier today. Not surprise but #33 , draw/middie on Stanford is a baller. Single-handedly brought them back to life against Albany. Today a fantastic effort in relief by a freshman goalie, could have made a difference if the switch was made earlier. Next games are Oregon, Northwestern, ASU. Do you make the switch in goal next game and then put her on the Lakeshow anval?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Season is over. Danielle Spencer, ok recruiter, terrible coach. Actually, Stanford recruits itself as a school. Spencer does very little. She needs to go or nothing will change. Maybe when Ashley Humphrey returns wearing Carolina blue and drops 20 assists against them in a NCAA tournament first round rout will the message get through.
I wrote this back in 2022 when Stanford lost to UVA in the NCAA tournament. Even in through time, this rings true even today.

Stanford is bad. really bad. I'm sorry but how on earth are you giving up 20 and 17 goals to ALBANY and COLORADO. back to back. with a team with such talented players? Some people on here don't like honest truths. This is a forum about women's lax and i think praise and criticism are fair game when warranted. Performances like this are pretty inexcusable. If i was a booster for the program i would not be happy. Time to start looking at the head coach.

Ashley Humphrey is as good as gone to UNC to play with her sisters. any takers on this bet?
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:26 pm
Season is over. Danielle Spencer, ok recruiter, terrible coach. Actually, Stanford recruits itself as a school. Spencer does very little. She needs to go or nothing will change. Maybe when Ashley Humphrey returns wearing Carolina blue and drops 20 assists against them in a NCAA tournament first round rout will the message get through.
I wrote this back in 2022 when Stanford lost to UVA in the NCAA tournament. Even in through time, this rings true even today.

Stanford is bad. really bad. I'm sorry but how on earth are you giving up 20 and 17 goals to ALBANY and COLORADO. back to back. with a team with such talented players? Some people on here don't like honest truths. This is a forum about women's lax and i think praise and criticism are fair game when warranted. Performances like this are pretty inexcusable. If i was a booster for the program i would not be happy. Time to start looking at the head coach.

Ashley Humphrey is as good as gone to UNC to play with her sisters. any takers on this bet?
I can see it happening, but I think she'll get that Stanford degree first. That's a pretty valuable thing to have.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I agree UNC is more likely than most. This probably wouldn’t happen, but I can’t think of a program that needs her more right now than Maryland.

Of course, there is walking away from a degree at Stanford to consider. She may choose to stay long enough to get her degree and use her final year of eligibility elsewhere. Who knows
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

jff97 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:36 pm

I can see it happening, but I think she'll get that Stanford degree first. That's a pretty valuable thing to have.
:lol:
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Stanford redshirted Humphrey her freshman year which will allow her to get her degree at Stanford and then transfer to play at Carolina. She can get the Stanford degree and still play a year at Carolina. I agree she is destined to be in Chapel Hill.
watcherinthewoods

from 2022 ... comment on DU/Stanford game ...

Denver defense has 3 seniors and a grad student. Stanford has a young attack who needs to make the jump to D1. Liza Kelly is experienced and has a track record of developing players. Dani Spencer is, well, Dani Spencer. No game plan, no in game adjustments, no identified track record of developing players. GAME OVER. You can recruit all the #1 classes in the world, but it takes a COACH to win games. Reference: Kimel, Myers, Halfpenny. Spencer may yet live up to the hype, but she has a long way to go.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I feel as if Cuse is in a bit of a precarious spot today v Duke. Jenner is tough enough to deal with when you send your best and most experienced draw girl out to go against her, let alone when you send an inexperienced back up out go against her. The D, which I think is pretty darn good (includes GK), is going to have to carry the heavier part of the load today as it seems likely Jenner will win the ball to herself regularly and that O is going to be coming at the Cuse D a good part of the day. Cuse has to be real sharp on GBs and clears, just don't see there being much room for error there. O has to be efficient and productive with nearly every possession too. They were uncharacteristically sloppy v Loyola, just don't think they can afford to be that way today, can't give Duke the ball any more times than you've got to figure they're going to get for themselves. Think Cuse is going to be really tested today. Yes, I know Clemson beat Duke but I don't think that means jack today.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:54 am I feel as if Cuse is in a bit of a precarious spot today v Duke. Jenner is tough enough to deal with when you send your best and most experienced draw girl out to go against her, let alone when you send an inexperienced back up out go against her. The D, which I think is pretty darn good (includes GK), is going to have to carry the heavier part of the load today as it seems likely Jenner will win the ball to herself regularly and that O is going to be coming at the Cuse D a good part of the day. Cuse has to be real sharp on GBs and clears, just don't see there being much room for error there. O has to be efficient and productive with nearly every possession too. They were uncharacteristically sloppy v Loyola, just don't think they can afford to be that way today, can't give Duke the ball any more times than you've got to figure they're going to get for themselves. Think Cuse is going to be really tested today. Yes, I know Clemson beat Duke but I don't think that means jack today.
I see what you're doing here - the old reverse jinx. I'd be surprised if SYR doesn't win easily, 8+
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:54 am I feel as if Cuse is in a bit of a precarious spot today v Duke. Jenner is tough enough to deal with when you send your best and most experienced draw girl out to go against her, let alone when you send an inexperienced back up out go against her. The D, which I think is pretty darn good (includes GK), is going to have to carry the heavier part of the load today as it seems likely Jenner will win the ball to herself regularly and that O is going to be coming at the Cuse D a good part of the day. Cuse has to be real sharp on GBs and clears, just don't see there being much room for error there. O has to be efficient and productive with nearly every possession too. They were uncharacteristically sloppy v Loyola, just don't think they can afford to be that way today, can't give Duke the ball any more times than you've got to figure they're going to get for themselves. Think Cuse is going to be really tested today. Yes, I know Clemson beat Duke but I don't think that means jack today.
I don't see it being very close. Cuse rolls Dook.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am
If Cuse plays like they did against Loyola, then this may be closer than you think.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:33 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am
If Cuse plays like they did against Loyola, then this may be closer than you think.
I’m calling Duke with upset win today
DMac

Post by DMac »

Going pretty much as I expected, Duke has the ball an awful lot, Jenner is a big difference maker. Can't continuously stop that O coming at you. Cuse O not really clicking at that fast pace high efficiency rate, Carney putting them in from quite a way out. Zero room for error in this one for Cuse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, failed clear costs Cuse a goal. Not a good shot by M. Tyrell, pretty easy save.
Cuse not playing at the high level rate they need to, Duke prime for the win here.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Watching a bit of Princeton-Penn State. Princeton (by no means a juggernaut) leading 10-7. I do wonder how much longer the PSU coaching staff has to accomplish something.

Watching a bit of JMU-Gainesville. Tied at 7. Good game, well-matched teams.

Oh. We are tied at 10 in Princeton. Early second half.

11-11 in Princeton.

8-8 at JMU.

Cuse stretching the lead to 10-6.

Nice day.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I learned today that a stick to the head is an unreleasable two minute penalty.

These lax bros are better than the ones at Clemson, but their cluelessness on the rules is frightening.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”