Big 10

D1 Womens Lacrosse
jff97

Re: Big 10

Post by jff97 »

Kori Edmondson appears to be settling in with 13 goals in her last four games. Not sure MD's offense has taken any steps forward since their slow start and it's hard to tell with Leubecker missing the last two games. But at least they look to have another threat, which is encouraging.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

3 bright spots for the Terps. Fantastic day for Sterling tonight, she needed a confidence builder. Bosco playing better. Edmondson has been a bright star on a not so good offense.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Might be an unpopular opinion but give me NU by 5. Scane is too good and has a strong support cast. 17-12 NU Scane with 9
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

user1020 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:08 am Might be an unpopular opinion but give me NU by 5. Scane is too good and has a strong support cast. 17-12 NU Scane with 9
Not unpopular at all. Agree that NU will pull away in second half. 5 goals sounds about right. I think the only way to slow the cats for heels is bleed the clock and throw a zone in. But UNC does neither right now.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

user1020 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:08 am Might be an unpopular opinion but give me NU by 5. Scane is too good and has a strong support cast. 17-12 NU Scane with 9
Just making sure you are going with Northwestern by 5 over UNC - is that correct?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Just making sure you are going with Northwestern by 5 over UNC - is that correct?
That’s correct. NU is just too fast, powerful, and athletic. They’re also an older team than UNC, so I think their experience will help.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

user1020 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:08 am
That’s correct. NU is just too fast, powerful, and athletic. They’re also an older team than UNC, so I think their experience will help.
a NW win is very possible. But the fact that you think Scane is scoring 9 on this UNC defense makes me question your judgement. NW may have more experience than UNC, but so did BC, Florida, JMU and most other teams they've played. This game is a toss up.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Older? Defensively UNC starts two seniors, a r-senior and a sophomore with world cup experience. At the midfield they start 2 jrs a r-sr and a fr. They lack experience at attack but I would say they are not younger by a long shot. bot 9 and 23 have played alot of lacrosse for UNC. Do not know where 35 has been and if she is injured but she is a good player between the 30's IMO with tons of experience.

Too powerful and athletic? I do not know if I agree with that assessment. I am, however, very interested to see who they match up against Ms Scane. I hope it is 45 as that is a matchup I would like to see.

FTR…..no clue who wins nor, in all honesty, do I care. I’m just hoping for a good game. Much like I was when UNC played BC and that one didn’t live up to its billing.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:34 am
Older? Defensively UNC starts two seniors, a r-senior and a sophomore with world cup experience. At the midfield they start 2 jrs a r-sr and a fr. They lack experience at attack but I would say they are not younger by a long shot. bot 9 and 23 have played alot of lacrosse for UNC. Do not know where 35 has been and if she is injured but she is a good player between the 30's IMO with tons of experience.

Too powerful and athletic? I do not know if I agree with that assessment. I am, however, very interested to see who they match up against Ms Scane. I hope it is 45 as that is a matchup I would like to see.

FTR…..no clue who wins nor, in all honesty, do I care. I’m just hoping for a good game. Much like I was when UNC played BC and that one didn’t live up to its billing.
Good post; I think I am with Bart here. UNC's defense matches pretty well with NU's, and I think the matchup of BWW and IS will be, if that's what Jenny and Phil decide, pretty epic. BWW's footwork, cover skills and length will give Scane a lot to handle. I expect a close game, don't much care who wins.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

You’re right UNC is experienced defensively. I should’ve clarified on attack NU is much older. I’m guessing 45 will be on Scane as and 1 on Coykendall possibly.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:14 pm

Good post; I think I am with Bart here. UNC's defense matches pretty well with NU's, and I think the matchup of BWW and IS will be, if that's what Jenny and Phil decide, pretty epic. BWW's footwork, cover skills and length will give Scane a lot to handle. I expect a close game, don't much care who wins.
Me too. I’m just hoping it’s fun to watch.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Soooooooooooooooo glad this one's not on the B1G MINUS!!!!!
ESPNU, 3/19 @ 1330 hrs. This has the makings for one heckuva matchup.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

I’m interested in seeing the NU ride vs. UNC transition. And how the ref’s call the contact.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:43 pm I’m interested in seeing the NU ride vs. UNC transition. And how the ref’s call the contact.
This is a working theory but I think contact might be called a little closer when it’s more one-sided (as opposed to when to physical teams play each other like SBU & NU)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:14 pm

Last game @NU was a very good one, March 9, 2020. Lots of new faces, but hoping for the same.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:52 pm
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:43 pm I’m interested in seeing the NU ride vs. UNC transition. And how the ref’s call the contact.
This is a working theory but I think contact might be called a little closer when it’s more one-sided (as opposed to when to physical teams play each other like SBU & NU)
Totally agree. I did not see the Michigan game last night but saw posted that UM drew 3 straight yellows in a very small time frame. With player safety front and center, I wonder if it will factor in. What were the circumstances of the yellow cards on Michigan? Trying to match NU’s physical play early?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:47 pm
Totally agree. I did not see the Michigan game last night but saw posted that UM drew 3 straight yellows in a very small time frame. With player safety front and center, I wonder if it will factor in. What were the circumstances of the yellow cards on Michigan? Trying to match NU’s physical play early?
No I don’t think so. I don’t know, maybe. I didn’t see the game. Michigan has usually been good for a few cards, but maybe they were trying to match the physical play. I don’t follow the program very closely
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Two of the 3 tournament quarterfinal games went as expected with No. 2 MD getting past #7 OSU and #4 Michigan getting past #5 Penn State. #6 Rutgers upset #3 Johns Hopkins. Next weekend will be a Northwestern coronation, but I think the Rutgers-MD semifinal could be interesting. The past 2 years all three matchups have been close in the first half before the Terps have pulled away. Rutgers has been playing its best lacrosse of the season as of late and needs this game to stay alive for an NCAA Tourney bid. MD's offense has struggled all season and is now banged up, putting more pressure on a defense that's been pretty solid but can only bend without breaking for so long. Obviously the winner will lose to NW by a decent margin. Thoughts?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Nice new stadium at OSU for lax (gotta do something to keep pace with football spending) on display at BIg 10 tourney ... web site has "stadium" ahead of "roster" "schedule" all other categories. How about 5-12 overall and 0-6 in conference? Bokker in her 4th season and they have taken a step back. When will this job be open? Prime opportunity for a quality coach.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:47 pm
As good as NU is how come they never seem to have a "lock down D". This year is better than the past but I feel like its always all about the O for Northwestern

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”