Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Beckhamlax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:41 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:14 pm After watching them play Bucknell just now, yes as of today BU is not in the conversation.
I’ve watched a lot of BU lacrosse and haven’t seen them this inconsistent for 4 quarters like they are this year. I think they’re playing down to competition a little and I agree, we won’t know much until we see them against better comp which really doesn’t come until their last 4 games.
Sometimes happens after a program tastes a new or recently new, level of success. They can turn it around a with that attack and Meyer should still be favorites this season even w the bad early loss
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I agree. So talented and just can’t figure it out yet. When they do though it could be fun to watch.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:28 am I agree. So talented and just can’t figure it out yet. When they do though it could be fun to watch.
I agree also, this team will be fun to watch offensively. but isn’t it the job of the coach to prepare and pull that talent out To put them in situations to be successful? The team was woefully unprepared for Duke the coaches and players knew that this was a revenge game And still not ready to play
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I was referring the Boston U in my post but yes, I do agree with your comment about Loyola v Duke. I was there and they were completely unprepared and played with no passion. The coaches have to own that and get them ready for the PL.
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Exlaxbro wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:32 pm I was referring the Boston U in my post but yes, I do agree with your comment about Loyola v Duke. I was there and they were completely unprepared and played with no passion. The coaches have to own that and get them ready for the PL.
They've now done that in every away game. This week is huge. It'll show who they really are.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Hearing some guys are injured but playing through the pain to help the team against bucknell for the Saturday away game. It’s a small gesture but to me it shows how much these guys want to help their teammates for this season.

This is the opportune time for the team to right themselves against a tough bucknell team. Need an improved game from all facets, I’d really like to see the midfield contribute with some new faces thrown in.

Win Saturday to get some mojo back, learn from the game tape, and then focus on army at their place the following week
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Exlaxbro wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:32 pm I was referring the Boston U in my post but yes, I do agree with your comment about Loyola v Duke. I was there and they were completely unprepared and played with no passion. The coaches have to own that and get them ready for the PL.
Two separate responsibilities.

The coaches need to prepare the team. Let them know what to expect, and what they will be facing.

The players need to play with passion and for each other.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:25 pm Hearing some guys are injured but playing through the pain to help the team against bucknell for the Saturday away game. It’s a small gesture but to me it shows how much these guys want to help their teammates for this season.

This is the opportune time for the team to right themselves against a tough bucknell team. Need an improved game from all facets, I’d really like to see the midfield contribute with some new faces thrown in.

Win Saturday to get some mojo back, learn from the game tape, and then focus on army at their place the following week
That’s admirable so long as they are not actually hurting the team by going out there injured. There is allegedly depth on this team so maybe it’s time for others to show what they can do.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Watching Duke dismantle UNC (7-1 in the 2nd) makes me feel a little better about the debacle in Durham last Friday. We lost to a very good team. Let's hope the Hounds can shake it off and make a statement tomorrow against Bucknell.

Go Hounds!
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I hope the Hounds make a statement today. Bucknell is average at best but if Loyola plays to their competition then they could be in trouble.
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

All about intensity. They have to be ready to go from the first whistle on the road.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I hope the Hounds make a statement today. Bucknell is average at best but if Loyola plays to their competition then they could be in trouble.
Struggling 6-4 Wyers with a goal Bateman with two asst 3 pts in the last two games
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I hope the Hounds make a statement today. Bucknell is average at best but if Loyola plays to their competition then they could be in trouble.
Struggling 6-4 Wyers with a goal Bateman with two asst 3 pts in the last two games
Poor first quarter. Too many unforced turnovers, and lots of ill-advised passes inside. Defense has played well, but has gotten burned in unsettled situations.

Our ride has been effective. Surprised that Bucknell has abandoned their signature 10-man ride. I always thought that was a bad strategy against Loyola's better athletes in the past, but this year the Hounds have struggled against the 10-man.

Let's hope the offense cleans things up in the second half.

Go Hounds!

Oh, and who else wants to shoot the camera operator?
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:05 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Poor first quarter. Too many unforced turnovers, and lots of ill-advised passes inside. Defense has played well, but has gotten burned in unsettled situations.

Our ride has been effective. Surprised that Bucknell has abandoned their signature 10-man ride. I always thought that was a bad strategy against Loyola's better athletes in the past, but this year the Hounds have struggled against the 10-man.

Let's hope the offense cleans things up in the second half.

Go Hounds!

Oh, and who else wants to shoot the camera operator?
I am with you Must nave first day in the job
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

:o
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:12 pm:o
Oh boy Minicus with 7 and Wyers and mcclough with goals bail Loyola out A win is a win But we are not putting together a solid offensive game plan

Bucknell is not a good team Watched them several times this year Not an offensive juggernaut
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Just wild how good this team can look at its best and how clueless at their worst. Minicus is crazy good and was the only one who played 60 minutes.

Still a win is a win. You don't have to put a bad loss on the record and that means your still on track to host a playoff game. It'll annoy some folks on here but I still can't gauge Boston U until they play a decent team (Harvard on Tuesday should be interesting) so that game next week sets the Patriot League favorite at this point.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

TheBigIguana wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 pm Just wild how good this team can look at its best and how clueless at their worst. Minicus is crazy good and was the only one who played 60 minutes.

Still a win is a win. You don't have to put a bad loss on the record and that means your still on track to host a playoff game. It'll annoy some folks on here but I still can't gauge Boston U until they play a decent team (Harvard on Tuesday should be interesting) so that game next week sets the Patriot League favorite at this point.
Can we truly gage Loyola? Fast start but has sputtered the last 4 Not sure how good they are
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:17 pm
Oh boy Minicus with 7 and Wyers and mcclough with goals bail Loyola out A win is a win But we are not putting together a solid offensive game plan

Bucknell is not a good team Watched them several times this year Not an offensive juggernaut
Agreed. This game was mind boggling. Some of the turnovers were just inexplicable. A simple exchange near the midline by our 1st-line middies in the 4th quarter ends up just sitting on the turf with no one going after it. The announcer called it a "silly turnover" and I'd say that's generous.

Minicus is a stud. We also owe this win to Stoudt. What has happened to James? He has disappeared.

Today's effort would not have gotten it done against Army. Let's hope we figure it out before next week.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:17 pm

But Bucknell scored 13 goals mostly freshman.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”