Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Live Game Action

Post by njbill »

Did the Hounds have the game in hand and let it slip away? No, but they had a darn good chance to get the W tonight, and they let that slip away.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Hounds give Cuse one heck of a chase, darn near caught and passed 'em.
Good game for Loyola, good lesson for Cuse.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Good game at Ridley. Both defenses looked good. Loyola struggled against the zone. All shots by the Hounds were high, wonder if that was on purpose.
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:21 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:38 pm Loyola leading Cuse 7-6 end of 3rd. Loyola D came to play and Cuse has no rhythm on offense. Can also tell the Cuse girls are struggling with the elements.
They really looked awful on offense. No movement or flow, everyone standing around clogging up space, no one effectively cutting.... yikes.
with BC playing a lot of indoors then going outside....and losing and Cuse struggling outside is there something to indoor vs outdoor early in season?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Richmond up 15-13 on UVA with 3 mins left. Cavs coming back to earth?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Do I have this right? UVa v Richmond. UVa scores slams her stick snd it breaks? They deem the stick is now illegal and take away the goal?
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Anybody watching this Richmond UVA game? UVA scores to bring it to a 1 goal lead. 23 slams stick down and breaks her head after scoring. No goal and Richmond ball. Insane turn of events.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm Do I have this right? UVa v Richmond. UVa scores slams her stick snd it breaks? They deem the stick is now illegal and take away the goal?
That’s absolutely insane.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm Do I have this right? UVa v Richmond. UVa scores slams her stick snd it breaks? They deem the stick is now illegal and take away the goal?
Seems to be a lack of any common sense
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Richmond clock operator doesn’t start the clock right away after the tying goal. Virginia goes down and pushes it to goal. Quick look and miss. With the extra time Richmond brings it down and rings it off the pipe. Off to OT
Bart

Post by Bart »

PhanLax99 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:23 pm Richmond clock operator doesn’t start the clock right away after the tying goal. Virginia goes down and pushes it to goal. Quick look and miss. With the extra time Richmond brings it down and rings it off the pipe. Off to OT
Just adds to the insanity of the ending to this game
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 pm
Definitely does. That’s maddening
Bart

Post by Bart »

Spiders in 2OT. That’ll be one of the oddest endings for a while
DMac

Post by DMac »

Heck of a goal by Tierney to win it for Richmond in 2OT.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Lax games are tough on goalie dads anytime. Triple OT games have to be multiples harder. Tough one.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Disappointing loss by UVA . Looks like they emptied the tank against UNC. Still a threat to beat anyone in the ACC but they aren't a serious contender.

Cuse got dominated on the draw circle today. Against a better team they lose this game. This will loom large as the season goes on and may be their downfall.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 pm
I don’t know. The rule book says the player is to “drop their stick or hand it to the nearest official without delay”. She clearly didn’t “drop her stick”, she slammed it to the ground.

The players have gotten a little carried away with throwing the stick or slamming sticks after they score. Maybe this is a good teaching moment and the players will go back to just dropping their sticks like the rules state. If the official picks up a broken crosse from the ground, they have to deem it illegal and disallow the goal. Maybe the stick was already cracked before the goal and slamming the stick made it worse.
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:13 am Disappointing loss by UVA . Looks like they emptied the tank against UNC. Still a threat to beat anyone in the ACC but they aren't a serious contender.

Cuse got dominated on the draw circle today. Against a better team they lose this game. This will loom large as the season goes on and may be their downfall.
Cuse plays duke this weekend . Duke has the number 1 draw girl. Any shot they can beat cuse ?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:50 pm Lax games are tough on goalie dads anytime. Triple OT games have to be multiples harder. Tough one.
So true Bill, so true. Sometimes you’re the bug, sometimes you’re the windshield.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

TNLAX wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:53 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 pm
I don’t know. The rule book says the player is to “drop their stick or hand it to the nearest official without delay”. She clearly didn’t “drop her stick”, she slammed it to the ground.

The players have gotten a little carried away with throwing the stick or slamming sticks after they score. Maybe this is a good teaching moment and the players will go back to just dropping their sticks like the rules state. If the official picks up a broken crosse from the ground, they have to deem it illegal and disallow the goal. Maybe the stick was already cracked before the goal and slamming the stick made it worse.
I think that's just semantics. I get that some people don't like the stick drops, but if the IWLCA or officials had an issue with the slamming or tossing of sticks, why haven't they said anything in the 7 years since the rule was introduced?

"SECTION 13. If the head of a stick falls off while in a cradling, throwing or
shooting motion, or the shaft of a stick breaks,
the stick is illegal. If the ball
has entered the goal, the goal shall not count"

The head of the shaft was intact after the ball was shot and before the stick left the player's hand. Maybe the rule isn't written clearly enough, but I think the officials got this one wrong. And if you really want to get technical, the rule only refers to the head of the stick falling off or the shaft breaking.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”