ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

It was ugly. LYN clearly misery and never adjusted to those conditions..Tufts just punched through. Very impressive.
No rest for the weary with Mustang Friday. Hope no flight delays.
Heard the announcers (annoying announcers) say LYN is going D1.. 1st I heard this. Can anyone confirm?
smoova

Post by smoova »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 pm Heard the announcers (annoying announcers) say LYN is going D1.. 1st I heard this. Can anyone confirm?
I just thought they were confusing Lindenwood and Lynchburg.
Nothinbutthelax

Ahh, thanks smoova..
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

We can make all of the excuses we want about the weather and what not. But that was an epic butt whooping. To say that Lynchburg is so much better than everyone at this stage of the year is foolish. Lynchburg may very well win the ODAC, but I believe a healthy W&L is a fantastic match up. Hopefully we will see that in 2 weeks.

As far as Lynchburg goes, after a loss like that a team can go in two directions. They can find themselves and resurge, or spiral quickly. With their schedule they cannot afford a hangover. They are at risk of starting the year 4-5 with SLU, F&M, and W&L on the horizon. Although they can also win those and turn their season around. There’s been some praise for them this year, but this group hasn’t really done anything to make this poster a believer that they are a top ten team.

The top of the ODAC feels stronger with Lynchburg and W&L seeming to be better (I’ll agree they are trending upwards). Lynchburg has 2 marginal wins vs Stevenson (likely to start 1-8) and Cabrini (barely a top 20 team). W&L has a win vs York (looked a lot better a few weeks ago, now York is 1-3) and Denison (that win is similar to the Cabrini win).

It’s nice to see the ODAC win those games, but the question of whether or not they are contenders or pretenders is still there.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

^ I agree that the top of the ODAC has only a couple of notable wins and that yesterday was not a top 10 performance from Lynchburg. However, we are still in March. Yes, every OOC game has implications but how teams show up in April is what really matters. I bet Lynchburg comes out with a vengeance against St. Lawrence and takes the other two wins also. Being humbled is a great motivator for a talented team. Should be fun to watch.
Nothinbutthelax

Sure was an epic beating Insider. Being a southern gentleman and watched that game the weather clearly had an affect. Coach K wisely pulled starters to start the 4th.
I also agree a Arse whooping will humble, burn and bond this group. Just need to flush it and laugh at the experience..

You mentioned W&L Burns broken femur was incorrect injury report. I sure hope he can return.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I think Lynchburg will bounce back very quickly. When they play this Friday it will feel like they are playing in Florida. It will bring them alot of energy. I feel like they will win both games and be back on track.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I'll give it to Lynchburg they aren't afraid to schedule anyone (maybe to their detriment). The ODAC is currently looking like a one bid league, especially if Lynchburg runs the table and takes the AQ. The ODAC is currently 1-5 against the Centennial. The Mustang Classic could right the ship for Lynchburg, but where are the other quality OOC wins going to come from?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxdds wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:58 am I'll give it to Lynchburg they aren't afraid to schedule anyone (maybe to their detriment). The ODAC is currently looking like a one bid league, especially if Lynchburg runs the table and takes the AQ. The ODAC is currently 1-5 against the Centennial. The Mustang Classic could right the ship for Lynchburg, but where are the other quality OOC wins going to come from?
Spoken like somebody who has no idea what they’re talking about. Not a one bid league. Both Lynchburg and W&L will be tournament teams. I believe they are 1-4 vs the centennial with Roanoke being 0-3.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I'm not saying there is only one tournament caliber team, just saying they way the selection works with the various pools and regional selection criteria not every deserving team gets in.
Against the CC
W&L 1-1 Beat Washington, lost to Gettysburg
Roanoke 0-3 Lost to Dickinson, F&M, Swarthmore
RMC 0-1 Lost to Washington (Plays McDaniel today)-edge to RMC at home
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

thescottharris wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:08 pm
ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 am Hadley, Lynchburg's G, has now won ODAC POTW 3 times this year already. He's gotta be the biggest dark horse to win the POY for the conference.

Lynchburg has a tough test today in Tufts, game conditions are supposed to be craziness. Lynchburg's biggest key today will be discipline. Do not get into the helter skelter game, because tufts will win. I think it'll be close going into the half but I think tufts runs away with this one, based on the conditions, lots of travel for Lynchburg, and forcing turnovers, 21-14 Jumbos.
It's actually three defensive players of the week, they just don't list it as defensive because the other weekly award is for offensive players and FOGOs and that would just get too wordy. Hence why a goalkeeper or defender has won one of the two awards every week.
Ah, was unaware that this was the case. I may be mistaken, but is this a recent change?
Nothinbutthelax

Glad to see Burns playing. 1-1 in 8-6 halftime lead.
We’ll played no further comment Insider!
NutterButter

Post by NutterButter »

AbeFroeman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:28 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:19 pm Lburg had 8 shots on goal scoring 4, unheard of by this team. Is Tufts that good or Lynchburg that bad. I’m throwing this game out as far as it relates to ODAC play. Hornets will be in ODAC final at a minimum. Total domination by Tufts, unimaginable
I think tufts is a better team. But the weather and travel definitely played an impact. I was looking forward to a closer game. If this was played without the blizzard, I think it would have been closer.
Give me a break with blaming the weather, acting like tufts didnt play in the same exact conditions as Lynchburg. Lynchburg acts like a bunch of tough mf’s then get their asses handed to them when it’s actually time to show how “tough” they are by playing in the conditions. Tufts outright kicked the sh*t out of them and would do it again bad weather or not.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:01 pm Glad to see Burns playing. 1-1 in 8-6 halftime lead.
Pretty impressive with a broken femur!
Nothinbutthelax

Russian disinformation..Glad he’s OK.
Next weekend should be a good one with winner odd on to host ODAC’s.
The bombers hanging on..
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

NutterButter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:07 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:19 pm Lburg had 8 shots on goal scoring 4, unheard of by this team. Is Tufts that good or Lynchburg that bad. I’m throwing this game out as far as it relates to ODAC play. Hornets will be in ODAC final at a minimum. Total domination by Tufts, unimaginable
I think tufts is a better team. But the weather and travel definitely played an impact. I was looking forward to a closer game. If this was played without the blizzard, I think it would have been closer.
Give me a break with blaming the weather, acting like tufts didnt play in the same exact conditions as Lynchburg. Lynchburg acts like a bunch of tough mf’s then get their asses handed to them when it’s actually time to show how “tough” they are by playing in the conditions. Tufts outright kicked the sh*t out of them and would do it again bad weather or not.
You played well in that game. Good job
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

AbeFroeman wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:58 pm
NutterButter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:07 pm
You played well in that game. Good job
I think the Sausage King of Chicago on to something, but I’m guessing he was one of the twenty or so with full pads and rain gear who was never getting in no matter the score.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:01 pm Glad to see Burns playing. 1-1 in 8-6 halftime lead.
NBL, I will send you a PM to explain :D.

valaxfan
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks for explaination. Initial diagnosis on field fortunately wrong. Happy for the young man..bodes well for the
your Gennies season. Cheers!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Burns with the fast recovery turnaround. Clearly not a fracture. W&L has a number of very good offensive players but he really leveraged the offensive dynamic when he is on the field. Huge boost to the team now that he is back, hopefully 100%

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”