Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:08 pm Is Nutella racist? https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co2UOXds ... kzY2Y1YTY=
What do you think?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“They found the gap between the home values of white homeowners and homeowners of color widened over the last decade. When unpacked by race, the results were staggering: appraisers valued homes in white neighborhoods two and half times more than homes in Black neighborhoods. For homes in Latino neighborhoods, the gap is larger, despite the fact that the value of the Latino residents’ homes were bigger than Black residents’.

And the largest appraisal gap came between the value of homes in white neighborhoods and those in American Indian, Alaska Native, south-east Asian and Pacific Islander communities.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... on-lawsuit
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Cori Bush keeping racism alive, at all costs. :roll:

https://twitter.com/alexepstein/status/ ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:30 pm Cori Bush keeping racism alive, at all costs. :roll:

:roll:

Alex Epstein is a climate change denier who argues for the expansion of the use of fossil fuels...climate change is undeniably having and will have a greater impact on many countries who happen to not be predominantly "white" or "Western"...indeed, the impacts of climate change in our own country fall heaviest on marginalized communities, which are so located because of legacy prejudices and thus correlate heavily to race.

He also has an extensive record as a voracious advocate for the "superiority" of "Western culture" over ANY other, claiming that solely "Western culture" values individuals and freedom...he claims that any denial of this is to be the "true racist". Follower of Ayn Rand,

He is an undeniably smart...a-hole.
Supercilious, arrogant, jerk who has made his professional bones arguing policy perspectives that are damaging to the world while nevertheless claiming moral high ground (IMO).

Now...does that make him a "white supremacist"? Not by HIS definition, or perhaps yours, youth...but it's right in line with the colonialist justification claim of racial superiority, often masked as "cultural superiority".

That said, not a fan of Bush's style of attack. However, I understand that she represents a specific community in her district that has very strong feelings about a-holes like Epstein.

Bush doesn't "keep racism alive", racists do. And they very much exist and are getting quite open about it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:30 pm Cori Bush keeping racism alive, at all costs. :roll:

Alex Epstein is a climate change denier who argues for the expansion of the use of fossil fuels...climate change is undeniably having and will have a greater impact on many countries who happen to not be predominantly "white" or "Western"...indeed, the impacts of climate change in our own country fall heaviest on marginalized communities, which are so located because of legacy prejudices and thus correlate heavily to race.

He also has an extensive record as a voracious advocate for the "superiority" of "Western culture" over ANY other, claiming that solely "Western culture" values individuals and freedom...he claims that any denial of this is to be the "true racist". Follower of Ayn Rand,

Supercilious, arrogant, jerk who has made his professional bones arguing policy perspectives that are damaging to the world while nevertheless claiming moral high ground (IMO).

Now...does that make him a "white supremacist"? Not by HIS definition, or perhaps yours, youth...but it's right in line with the colonialist justification claim of racial superiority, often masked as "cultural superiority".

That said, not a fan of Bush's style of attack. However, I understand that she represents a specific community in her district that has very strong feelings about a-holes like Epstein.

Bush doesn't "keep racism alive", racists do. And they very much exist and are getting quite open about it.
What Bush did and said IS racism. Only one sentence on her and a 4 paragraphs on Alex, enough to call him an A-hole, but justify her for pandering to her base while arguing it in the name of him being an a-whole. Funny how you can gloss over it because of her skin color and who she represents, yet name call others at the drop of a hat. Comments like yours are what perpetuates bad behavior, I'd think you would be able to recognize that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:23 pm

What Bush did and said IS racism. Only one sentence on her and a 4 paragraphs on Alex, enough to call him an A-hole, but justify her for pandering to her base while arguing it in the name of him being an a-whole. Funny how you can gloss over it because of her skin color and who she represents, yet name call others at the drop of a hat. Comments like yours are what perpetuates bad behavior, I'd think you would be able to recognize that.
What did this person say that represents “racism”?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

No, I actually did some homework on Epstein...perhaps you didn't?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:15 pm

No, I actually did some homework on Epstein...perhaps you didn't?
There’s a view held by many that context is irrelevant. I can’t say that’s the case here but I do think those that hold that view are misguided to the point of being obtuse. Context doesn’t justify or defend it illuminates.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Still up in the air about the thread question?

https://twitter.com/ericareport/status/ ... 6970684416
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:47 pm Still up in the air about the thread question?

Tough guy.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:47 pm Still up in the air about the thread question?

What makes him a racist in this clip. Same could be said for her when she went to bit his arm.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:04 pm

What makes him a racist in this clip. Same could be said for her when she went to bit his arm.
She was acting big and bad.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

New FBI data shows hate crimes jumped in 2021

Russell Contreras
A supplemental report from the FBI shows that hate crimes in 2021 increased, instead of dropping as the agency initially reported.

Driving the news: An FBI report in December said hate crimes in the U.S. fell slightly in 2021, but the agency warned the figures were likely off due to a shift to a new reporting system that led some of the country's biggest police departments to not report their numbers.

By the numbers: Reported hate crime incidents increased 11.6% from 8,120 in 2020 to 9,065 in 2021, according to more data collected by the FBI.

Around 65% of victims were targeted because of their race, ethnicity, or ancestry, the FBI said.
Around 16% of reported incidents were linked to bias against a person's sexual orientation, while approximately 14% were linked to a religious bias.
Catch up quick: The Department of Justice has previously warned that fewer police departments are submitting data, which experts say makes it harder to analyze and address crime trends.

State of play: That FBI report drew criticism from some experts who said they saw a rise in hate crimes and urged law enforcement agencies to commit to better data collecting.

Antisemitic hate crimes, for example, were trending higher in 2022 in several major cities, according to the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism.
The intrigue: The FBI said Monday the supplemental report on 2021 includes data from the old and new collection systems to give a more accurate picture.

The agency said 14,859 agencies covering 91.1% of the population are represented in the amended report compared to the 11,834 agencies representing 64.8% described in the December 2022 report.
What they're saying: "The FBI's supplemental report demonstrates our unwavering commitment to work with our state and local partners to increase reporting and provide a more complete picture of hate crimes nationwide," Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said in a statement.

Gupta said the DOJ is working with state and local law enforcement agencies across the country to improve the reporting of hate crime statistics to the FBI.
What's next: By September, all 94 U.S. Attorneys' Offices are expected to host a United Against Hate program to help improve the reporting of hate crimes.

The program aims to teach community members how to identify, report and help prevent hate crimes and provide an opportunity for "trust building" between law enforcement and communities.
The FBI said it's also elevating civil rights violations and hate crimes enforcement for prioritization among the agency's 56 field offices.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:15 am New FBI data shows hate crimes jumped in 2021

Russell Contreras
A supplemental report from the FBI shows that hate crimes in 2021 increased, instead of dropping as the agency initially reported.

Driving the news: An FBI report in December said hate crimes in the U.S. fell slightly in 2021, but the agency warned the figures were likely off due to a shift to a new reporting system that led some of the country's biggest police departments to not report their numbers.

By the numbers: Reported hate crime incidents increased 11.6% from 8,120 in 2020 to 9,065 in 2021, according to more data collected by the FBI.

Around 65% of victims were targeted because of their race, ethnicity, or ancestry, the FBI said.
Around 16% of reported incidents were linked to bias against a person's sexual orientation, while approximately 14% were linked to a religious bias.
Catch up quick: The Department of Justice has previously warned that fewer police departments are submitting data, which experts say makes it harder to analyze and address crime trends.

State of play: That FBI report drew criticism from some experts who said they saw a rise in hate crimes and urged law enforcement agencies to commit to better data collecting.

Antisemitic hate crimes, for example, were trending higher in 2022 in several major cities, according to the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism.
The intrigue: The FBI said Monday the supplemental report on 2021 includes data from the old and new collection systems to give a more accurate picture.

The agency said 14,859 agencies covering 91.1% of the population are represented in the amended report compared to the 11,834 agencies representing 64.8% described in the December 2022 report.
What they're saying: "The FBI's supplemental report demonstrates our unwavering commitment to work with our state and local partners to increase reporting and provide a more complete picture of hate crimes nationwide," Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said in a statement.

Gupta said the DOJ is working with state and local law enforcement agencies across the country to improve the reporting of hate crime statistics to the FBI.
What's next: By September, all 94 U.S. Attorneys' Offices are expected to host a United Against Hate program to help improve the reporting of hate crimes.

The program aims to teach community members how to identify, report and help prevent hate crimes and provide an opportunity for "trust building" between law enforcement and communities.
The FBI said it's also elevating civil rights violations and hate crimes enforcement for prioritization among the agency's 56 field offices.
Did the DoJ mention that DEFUNDED police departments probably have limited resources to report data? When you castrate the police and their ability to serve their communities that is what you get. IDK if reporting this data is mandatory or optional.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:15 am New FBI data shows hate crimes jumped in 2021

Russell Contreras

Did the DoJ mention that DEFUNDED police departments probably have limited resources to report data? When you castrate the police and their ability to serve their communities that is what you get. IDK if reporting this data is mandatory or optional.
Please cite the funding statistics from a credible primary data source
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:04 pm

She was acting big and bad.
how foolish. If she was wearing a MASK.......she wouldn't have been able to BITE the pig cop

chase Allen.....utah...... bunch of whities acting big and bad. was THAT killing "racist" too?

get over yourselves
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:55 am

Russell Contreras

It was what the link in your own post stated or neglected to clarify. The DoJ claimed many local law enforcement agency were not reporting the data to them. I asked if these local agencies were legally obligated to report these statistics to the DoJ. I guess to answer your own inquiry to me.. you would have to ask your question to the DoJ and not me. The credible source you are requesting would have to be the DoJ. What police departments were defunded and to what extent would be their business.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:32 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:55 am

Russell Contreras

It was what the link in your own post stated or neglected to clarify. The DoJ claimed many local law enforcement agency were not reporting the data to them. I asked if these local agencies were legally obligated to report these statistics to the DoJ. I guess to answer your own inquiry to me.. you would have to ask your question to the DoJ and not me. The credible source you are requesting would have to be the DoJ. What police departments were defunded and to what extent would be their business.
Are you claiming that a few departments had lowered budgets, a lot of departments, most departments? (and thus decided not to report?)

Have more than 3 that you know of? 2?

Any?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

They should all have higher budgets, since their payroll is far lower as many police officers exit earlier and staffing is competing with their number 1 concern. You can thank the libs for all this. In their world, all police are bad, need to be shot, bit, not trusted, hit over the head with pipes, disrespected when asked to show DL and Registration.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:25 pm They should all have higher budgets, since their payroll is far lower as many police officers exit earlier and staffing is competing with their number 1 concern. You can thank the libs for all this. In their world, all police are bad, need to be shot, bit, not trusted, hit over the head with pipes, disrespected when asked to show DL and Registration.
No figures?

Sorry, you said "all" should be higher budgets...arguable, but I sure as heck want police to be well funded...almost as much as I wish education was well funded.

cradle was making a claim that they were "defunded", but I think that it has been very rare anywhere in the US to actually have had public safety budgets cut.

But if you know differently, please cite the specific facts from a credible source...not right wing media talking points, please. Nor left wing for that matter...actual facts please.

Return to “POLITICS”