Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Jaysjay88

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by Jaysjay88 »

warming up with a highlight reel from the Jays last win in the dome...2018.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWiaXmom2R4&t=53s[/youtube]
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:46 am I know the conventional wisdom is Cuse might have home coking refs, but I’d actually argue the opposite. Refs in the north country or Cuse actually prefer to call a game straight. If anything, they’ll err on the side of the opponent if only to go up against the local homers so there’s something to argue about all week.

Refs are proud and stubborn in northern New York. Few see themselves as anything other than equals to Desko or Gait, and one way to emphasize that is to occasionally give a team like Hopkins the benefit of the doubt, not Syracuse.
What the hell are you talking about
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:01 am
Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:46 am I know the conventional wisdom is Cuse might have home coking refs, but I’d actually argue the opposite. Refs in the north country or Cuse actually prefer to call a game straight. If anything, they’ll err on the side of the opponent if only to go up against the local homers so there’s something to argue about all week.

Refs are proud and stubborn in northern New York. Few see themselves as anything other than equals to Desko or Gait, and one way to emphasize that is to occasionally give a team like Hopkins the benefit of the doubt, not Syracuse.
trolling for reaction.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Do you seriously not understand my point?!? Upstate New York refs, in my experience, do the opposite of ‘favoring’ Syracuse in the Dome. If anything they do their level best to call the game straight. But if there a close call, I’ve generally seen them favor the visitors.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:44 am

Do you seriously not understand my point?!? Upstate New York refs, in my experience, do the opposite of ‘favoring’ Syracuse in the Dome. If anything they do their level best to call the game straight. But if there a close call, I’ve generally seen them favor the visitors.
?????

What are "Upstate New York refs"?
Finster

Post by Finster »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:47 am

?????

Aren’t you the ones complaining about refs favoring Syracuse in the Dome? I’m referring to refs who may or may not live nearby who call Syracuse games in the Dome. If they live up that way, I gather this board has implied there is home cooking when they call games in the Dome.
Finster

Post by Finster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:19 am

trolling for reaction.

Hey pal if I wanted your reaction, I’d ask for it. Why don’t you stick to your high school and politics threads? Thx. If you have valuable insight at the college level, feel free to post.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:19 am

trolling for reaction.

Hey pal if I wanted your reaction, I’d ask for it. Why don’t you stick to your high school and politics threads? Thx. If you have valuable insight at the college level, feel free to post.
now, that is funny.

Try trolling elsewhere.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

?????

Abbott kills us all the time in Geneva
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:56 pm

?????

Abbott kills a lot of teams. He's also a lifetime Maryland guy? Lax QAnon guy over here is acting like there's a cabal of deep state "upstate refs" from the area who due to their upstateness are colluding to sabotage the home team. The head official for their game vs. Duke last weekend is from New Jersey, played club lax at Richmond and refs all over the country.
Finster

Post by Finster »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:07 pm

?????

Abbott kills a lot of teams. He's also a lifetime Maryland guy? Lax QAnon guy over here is acting like there's a cabal of deep state "upstate refs" from the area who due to their upstateness are colluding to sabotage the home team. The head official for their game vs. Duke last weekend is from New Jersey, played club lax at Richmond and refs all over the country.

Way to misrepresent what I said. First, it’s your team that’s on Fanlax complaining about ‘home cooking’ in the Dome. I played in college; did you? My experience is it’s only homers who complain about officiating. Refs by and large call games straight, or try to. I also know a few upstate NY refs who bend over backward to never appear partisan, and will laugh at neighbors afterward if they were accused of favoring the opposition.

Anyway, we’ve beat this subject to death; I’m bored with it.

Good luck to the Jays this weekend. It should be a close game.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:15 pm My experience is it’s only homers who complain about officiating.
You're literally on here complaining that Syracuse gets a raw deal from the refs in their own stadium
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

?????

Well I grew up in upstate and undergrad and also 4+ years in DC and generally speaking upstate guys are lifers even if their bodies reside in other geographies.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:25 pm

?????

Well I grew up in upstate and undergrad and also 4+ years in DC and generally speaking upstate guys are lifers even if their bodies reside in other geographies.
What is the point you're trying to make? Brian Abbott grew up in Baltimore and went to Towson and still lives in the area. He along with many of the D1 refs who officiate Syracuse lacrosse games in the Dome have no connection to upstate or western New York.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:25 pm

?????

What is the point you're trying to make? Brian Abbott grew up in Baltimore and went to Towson and still lives in the area. He along with many of the D1 refs who officiate Syracuse lacrosse games in the Dome have no connection to upstate or western New York.
Tom
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:29 pm Tom
Didn't he stop officiating games like 10 years ago?
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

I'll take the other side of that when your Orangemen play my Statesmen.
DenverJay

Post by DenverJay »

FYI for all those who have stated, suggested, ranted the administration--specifically President Daniels--does not support the lacrosse program I have been told by someone who knows that he has been at several (all?) of the home games this year. Further, he is enthused with the energy and excitement of the team and the positive way the coaches conduct themselves on the sidelines. Some have relentlessly based Daniels for not supporting the team and for getting rid of Petro, but no one ever put forth any facts to support this narrative. Hopefully, those who worshipped at the altar of Petro have accepted it was (past) time for him to leave and have been able to move on with their life.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:21 pm
Finster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:15 pm My experience is it’s only homers who complain about officiating.
You're literally on here complaining that Syracuse gets a raw deal from the refs in their own stadium
Well, he does claim that he "played in college", so... :D ;)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”