boredatwork

Re: NESCAC

Post by boredatwork »

The highly anticipated trinity lacrosse roster reveal:

https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-l ... oster/2022
Tommy No

Post by Tommy No »

Really hoping the games are played this weekend...
LeslieCheeks

Post by LeslieCheeks »

Now that the camels aren't limited by a zone defense enforced by previous management, they have been much more fun to watch. Wesleyan always was, and will be the only team that can pull off a zone in the 'CAC - natty chip to prove it.

Sky is the limit in New Lo this year - excited to see what they have in store against a tough opponent in Endicott

Any word on the transfer portal? Definitely going to need to fill the void big dumb #14 is leaving on the Camels offense.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

boredatwork wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:35 pm The highly anticipated trinity lacrosse roster reveal:

Wow - the expected the showing by the depleted Trinity squad… looks like it may be a long road ahead - I saw tweets that there were 17 juniors last year and 3 seniors now????
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

UpperCorner wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:46 pm
boredatwork wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:35 pm The highly anticipated trinity lacrosse roster reveal:

Wow - the expected the showing by the depleted Trinity squad… looks like it may be a long road ahead - I saw tweets that there were 17 juniors last year and 3 seniors now????
20 Freshman and 3 seniors (plus 1 grad student) is going to equal some serious growing pains. Nice score for Williams but hard to put much stock in this one.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:37 pm
UpperCorner wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:46 pm

20 Freshman and 3 seniors (plus 1 grad student) is going to equal some serious growing pains. Nice score for Williams but hard to put much stock in this one.
I believe it was 14-1 in the 3rd Q and they took their foot off the gas
smoova

Post by smoova »

Nescac12001 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:58 am
smoova wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:14 pm
UpperCorner22 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:20 pm OK - I'll play...
1. Tufts - but a battle with Bowdoin
2. Bowdoin - Amazing turn-around so quickly
3. Wesleyan - nothing to do there but practice...
4. Middlebury - solid solid play
5. Amherst - amazing after troubles couple years ago that they bounced back so quickly
6. Williams - still need defense?
7. Hamilton - building on last year?
8. Conn College - improving
9. Colby - like em but they need better recruits
10. Bates - new coach could bring them higher... tournament in 2 years
11. Trinity - just sounds like a mess - every senior quit?
Good format. Hot take coming!

1. Amherst - Woods engineers the comeback we all deserve (and Biddy weeps)
2. Wesleyan - massive roster (almost) carries Raba to the top
3. Tufts - all dynasties end (but only temporarily)
4. Midd - lost very little to graduation and added a strong OC
5. Hamilton - strong and hungry senior class
6. Bowdoin - Mason's sophomore swoon (triggered by graduation losses)
7. Conn - Nagle quietly creeping into contention with solid play and good recruiting
8. Williams - defense seemed off in '22 and offense lost its maestro to graduation
9. Bates - Annino barely misses playoffs but primes for 2024
10. Colby - GVA has lost the magic for the moment
11. Trinity - those young men deserve better ...
What graduation losses for Bowdoin? The only really important guy they lose is Donal, and when he was hurt last year at the end, the offense looked just as good without him as more guys were getting touches and showing they can put the ball in the net. Defense returns the same if not better, offense returns more than enough of last years firepower, Ethan Barnard is going to continue to dominate, Robert Hobbs stands steady in the cage with a whole year of experience now. Can’t say Bowdoin at 6 makes any sense, especially behind hamilton and midd!
Ahem …
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

smoova wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Nescac12001 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:58 am
smoova wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:14 pm
UpperCorner22 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:20 pm OK - I'll play...
1. Tufts - but a battle with Bowdoin
2. Bowdoin - Amazing turn-around so quickly
3. Wesleyan - nothing to do there but practice...
4. Middlebury - solid solid play
5. Amherst - amazing after troubles couple years ago that they bounced back so quickly
6. Williams - still need defense?
7. Hamilton - building on last year?
8. Conn College - improving
9. Colby - like em but they need better recruits
10. Bates - new coach could bring them higher... tournament in 2 years
11. Trinity - just sounds like a mess - every senior quit?
Good format. Hot take coming!

1. Amherst - Woods engineers the comeback we all deserve (and Biddy weeps)
2. Wesleyan - massive roster (almost) carries Raba to the top
3. Tufts - all dynasties end (but only temporarily)
4. Midd - lost very little to graduation and added a strong OC
5. Hamilton - strong and hungry senior class
6. Bowdoin - Mason's sophomore swoon (triggered by graduation losses)
7. Conn - Nagle quietly creeping into contention with solid play and good recruiting
8. Williams - defense seemed off in '22 and offense lost its maestro to graduation
9. Bates - Annino barely misses playoffs but primes for 2024
10. Colby - GVA has lost the magic for the moment
11. Trinity - those young men deserve better ...
What graduation losses for Bowdoin? The only really important guy they lose is Donal, and when he was hurt last year at the end, the offense looked just as good without him as more guys were getting touches and showing they can put the ball in the net. Defense returns the same if not better, offense returns more than enough of last years firepower, Ethan Barnard is going to continue to dominate, Robert Hobbs stands steady in the cage with a whole year of experience now. Can’t say Bowdoin at 6 makes any sense, especially behind hamilton and midd!
Ahem …
LOL. Yeah, that post didn't age very well. Dominant performance by the Panthers today.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

Ok - new updated standings after week 1

1. Tufts - clear #1 at the moment, with a lopsided 27-9 win over Colby. Ranked #4 nationally.
2. Wesleyan- clear #2 at the moment, with a dominating 23-5 win over Bates. Deep as hell and scores with ease. Ranked #13 nationally, could move up
3. Middlebury- I’ll put Middlebury here after their win over Bowdoin but I don’t think it’ll last - and expect Bowdoin to climb back up
4. Bowdoin- expect them to get back on the winning track against Hamilton. Should drop in the national rankings from #6
5. Amherst- Solid showing for Amherst against a good Hamilton team, went on a 7-0 run to grab the lead and held on to it
6. Williams- Ok showing overall, led by their goaltender and did struggle in some aspects such as face-offs
7. Hamilton- I could see them moving up a spot or two throughout the year, but it won’t be easy. Also led by their goaltender
8. Conn- they are ok every year, but struggle to get wins in this stacked Nescac league
9. Colby- tough to tell after a rout by tufts on Sunday, but We’ll know more after the game against Williams on the 11th
10. Trinity - I’ll put them over bates for now - but just because Bates lost by 18 and they lost by 10. Definitely in the bottom 2 of the league and will have a tough season ahead of them
11. Bates - after almost going winless last season and a deplorable start against Wesleyan, I have them at the bottom. A few wins under their new coach could move them up, though
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

D3laxisgoated wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:35 pm Ok - new updated standings after week 1

1. Tufts - clear #1 at the moment, with a lopsided 27-9 win over Colby. Ranked #4 nationally.
2. Wesleyan- clear #2 at the moment, with a dominating 23-5 win over Bates. Deep as hell and scores with ease. Ranked #13 nationally, could move up
3. Middlebury- I’ll put Middlebury here after their win over Bowdoin but I don’t think it’ll last - and expect Bowdoin to climb back up
4. Bowdoin- expect them to get back on the winning track against Hamilton. Should drop in the national rankings from #6
5. Amherst- Solid showing for Amherst against a good Hamilton team, went on a 7-0 run to grab the lead and held on to it
6. Williams- Ok showing overall, led by their goaltender and did struggle in some aspects such as face-offs
7. Hamilton- I could see them moving up a spot or two throughout the year, but it won’t be easy. Also led by their goaltender
8. Conn- they are ok every year, but struggle to get wins in this stacked Nescac league
9. Colby- tough to tell after a rout by tufts on Sunday, but We’ll know more after the game against Williams on the 11th
10. Trinity - I’ll put them over bates for now - but just because Bates lost by 18 and they lost by 10. Definitely in the bottom 2 of the league and will have a tough season ahead of them
11. Bates - after almost going winless last season and a deplorable start against Wesleyan, I have them at the bottom. A few wins under their new coach could move them up, though
Not a whole lot of mid-week excitement this week. Not every school in action and probably the best game will be Williams heading over to Schenectady to take on 6th ranked Union. Union has the advantage of this being their 4th game (they are 3-0) while Williams had a glorified scrimmage against Trinity on Saturday. Huge step up for Williams interested to see how they do.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:56 am
D3laxisgoated wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:35 pm Ok - new updated standings after week 1

Not a whole lot of mid-week excitement this week. Not every school in action and probably the best game will be Williams heading over to Schenectady to take on 6th ranked Union. Union has the advantage of this being their 4th game (they are 3-0) while Williams had a glorified scrimmage against Trinity on Saturday. Huge step up for Williams interested to see how they do.
Guess we got our answer on Williams being ready for Prime Time. Williams down 8-4 going into the 4th and gets shutdown and loses 12-4. Union is really good and has had an excellent defense for the past several years. Score was 7-4 before Union pulled away. Union is 4-0 and the only team to score more than 6 goals on them so far this year is Babson who pasted Trinity last night.

Tufts has scored 58 goals in their first two games, which is the exact number of points their football team scored in their first two games of the season albeit they won one and lost one.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

31 goals by Tufts yesterday. Looks to be a down year for Springfield but still that number is scary :shock:
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Not Suitable wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:50 am 31 goals by Tufts yesterday. Looks to be a down year for Springfield but still that number is scary :shock:
I think this Saturday will be the true showing of how good the 2023 Jumbos are this season. Amherst gave em a run last year and I'm sure they'll be fired up for a home game and ready to get after it, Jumbos might come out sleeping...
smoova

Post by smoova »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:48 am Guess we got our answer on Williams being ready for Prime Time. Williams down 8-4 going into the 4th and gets shutdown and loses 12-4. Union is really good and has had an excellent defense for the past several years. Score was 7-4 before Union pulled away. Union is 4-0 and the only team to score more than 6 goals on them so far this year is Babson who pasted Trinity last night.
Williams went 3 for 19 at the dot. Union's FOGOs are good, but not that good (averaging ~60% in their first 3 games). Williams also only won 9 of 26 faceoffs in the Trinity game. Has potential to be the Ephs' Achilles heel this season.

Will be interesting to watch the faceoff matchup when Union plays Midd on March 21 in Austin. Midd's Will Monroe just went 22 for 39 against Bowdoin.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

georgeoar394 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:41 am
Not Suitable wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:50 am 31 goals by Tufts yesterday. Looks to be a down year for Springfield but still that number is scary :shock:
I think this Saturday will be the true showing of how good the 2023 Jumbos are this season. Amherst gave em a run last year and I'm sure they'll be fired up for a home game and ready to get after it, Jumbos might come out sleeping...
I would not count on them coming out Sleepy, but one can hope, lol. I know S'field and Colby are not real tests but those are scary numbers. Nobody likes running it up on weaker teams like they do.
creasecone66

Post by creasecone66 »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:53 am
I would not count on them coming out Sleepy, but one can hope, lol. I know S'field and Colby are not real tests but those are scary numbers. Nobody likes running it up on weaker teams like they do.
If your guys continually break individual records, maybe folks won’t notice you haven’t played on Memorial Day Sunday like two other teams in the conference have since you’ve been there…lofty standard for sure (and I get it about 2020 with the 25-15 Amherst win), but nevertheless how many times did we see the light blue, brown, stars, and stripes from 2010-2016?
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

creasecone66 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:07 pm
JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:53 am
If your guys continually break individual records, maybe folks won’t notice you haven’t played on Memorial Day Sunday like two other teams in the conference have since you’ve been there…lofty standard for sure (and I get it about 2020 with the 25-15 Amherst win), but nevertheless how many times did we see the light blue, brown, stars, and stripes from 2010-2016?
It was 1-0 Springfield early and a tight game through almost all of the 1st half, which ended at 10-5. In the 3rd, Jumbos went on a 13-0 run and started subbing liberally. Everyone played, including all four goalies. Maybe Tufts should have played offhand only?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

smoova wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:32 am
JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:48 am Guess we got our answer on Williams being ready for Prime Time. Williams down 8-4 going into the 4th and gets shutdown and loses 12-4. Union is really good and has had an excellent defense for the past several years. Score was 7-4 before Union pulled away. Union is 4-0 and the only team to score more than 6 goals on them so far this year is Babson who pasted Trinity last night.
Williams went 3 for 19 at the dot. Union's FOGOs are good, but not that good (averaging ~60% in their first 3 games). Williams also only won 9 of 26 faceoffs in the Trinity game. Has potential to be the Ephs' Achilles heel this season.

Will be interesting to watch the faceoff matchup when Union plays Midd on March 21 in Austin. Midd's Will Monroe just went 22 for 39 against Bowdoin.
Tough to get an offense into a groove if you're watching the ball on the other end of the field most of the game. Possessions, or lack thereof, compound against you.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

It was 1-0 Springfield early and a tight game through almost all of the 1st half, which ended at 10-5. In the 3rd, Jumbos went on a 13-0 run and started subbing liberally. Everyone played, including all four goalies. Maybe Tufts should have played offhand only?

This was not a tight game. The goalie had almost 15 first half saves. If it was not for the Springfield goalie, it might have been 20 to 5 at halftime.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

This is off topic but I think if Wesleyan wins this Saturday against Stevens, coach Raba will have his 300th career win. Hell of a career and props to Coach Raba (once they get their next win). Excited to see what he can do this year, after a sweet 16 run last year. Let’s clap it up for the man

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”