Upcoming Best Games 2023

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Upcoming Best Games 2023

Post by njbill »

Ah, but when you were 200 yards away, squinting into the sun, you were in perfect position to question the officials’ decisions on the field. Unfortunately for you guys, you were probably so far away, they couldn’t hear you. :lol:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Liberty zone giving JMU a little trouble early on. Dont think there is an upset alert, but dont they practice against a zone every day?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

LaxThoughts wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:31 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:54 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:07 pm Today's 25 Best Games:

1 Boston College vs Brown
2 Loyola vs Georgetown
3 Liberty vs James Madison
4 Vanderbilt vs Penn State
5 San Diego State vs Villanova
6 Marist vs Temple
7 Jacksonville vs UMass Lowell
8 Maryland vs William & Mary
9 Navy vs Mount St Mary's
10 Clemson vs Campbell
11 Old Dominion vs Richmond
12 Elon vs Virginia Tech
13 Binghamton vs Colgate
14 Iona vs Lafayette
15 Holy Cross vs Quinnipiac
16 Kent State vs Delaware State
17 Sacred Heart vs New Hampshire
18 Gardner-Webb vs Robert Morris
19 Radford vs Kennesaw State
Not much to watch beyond the top 2....and I am not sure the top 1 is worth watching....
Agreed; my guess is that the BC-Brown game will be functionally over by the end of the first quarter. On the other hand, what do you think of the Hound-Hoya matchup Doc? Haven't followed Georgetown this year.
BC once again playing indoors . Is weather that bad up north ? Also what’s wrong with their lacrosse stadium? Going forward their games outside are in the football stadium…

I know it’s early - all tied up at 3 end of first quarter . But kinda suprised starting Hall for BC after the shelling last game .
I think it's their last scheduled indoor game. It is clear that some parents are in there. Wonder if they are pulling the same BS as Notre Dame did in their outdoor stadium, allowing in only their own fans but not the opposition's.
It is my understanding that every BC player gets 2 tickets to give out. So yes, BC fans only.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm On the other hand, what do you think of the Hound-Hoya matchup Doc? Haven't followed Georgetown this year.
I havent seen them this year....based on their record, it looks like they are down...I don't see it as a close game. I'll be watching though. It is the eve of the anniversary of #13's Nasal Fracture @ Cooper Field. :roll:
Hounds will need to play better than they did last night if they want to beat the Gators...shot selection was poor, especially in tight. They made the 2nd half Hoya goalie look really good. On the other side of the field, the Hounds goalie had an uncharacteristic sketchy night.

Still not sure about this team. They need a good win (FLA) to justify their ranking...They can beat FLA, but will need all aspects of the game to align.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:58 pm
LaxThoughts wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:31 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:54 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:07 pm Today's 25 Best Games:

1 Boston College vs Brown
2 Loyola vs Georgetown
3 Liberty vs James Madison
4 Vanderbilt vs Penn State
5 San Diego State vs Villanova
6 Marist vs Temple
7 Jacksonville vs UMass Lowell
8 Maryland vs William & Mary
9 Navy vs Mount St Mary's
10 Clemson vs Campbell
11 Old Dominion vs Richmond
12 Elon vs Virginia Tech
13 Binghamton vs Colgate
14 Iona vs Lafayette
15 Holy Cross vs Quinnipiac
16 Kent State vs Delaware State
17 Sacred Heart vs New Hampshire
18 Gardner-Webb vs Robert Morris
19 Radford vs Kennesaw State
Not much to watch beyond the top 2....and I am not sure the top 1 is worth watching....
Agreed; my guess is that the BC-Brown game will be functionally over by the end of the first quarter. On the other hand, what do you think of the Hound-Hoya matchup Doc? Haven't followed Georgetown this year.
BC once again playing indoors . Is weather that bad up north ? Also what’s wrong with their lacrosse stadium? Going forward their games outside are in the football stadium…

I know it’s early - all tied up at 3 end of first quarter . But kinda suprised starting Hall for BC after the shelling last game .
I think it's their last scheduled indoor game. It is clear that some parents are in there. Wonder if they are pulling the same BS as Notre Dame did in their outdoor stadium, allowing in only their own fans but not the opposition's.
It is my understanding that every BC player gets 2 tickets to give out. So yes, BC fans only.
Plenty of Brown parents and fans at yesterday's indoor game at BC.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Today

1 Ohio State vs Michigan 03/09/2023
2 Denver vs Niagara 03/09/2023
3 California vs Howard 03/09/2023
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:40 pm It’s pretty low rent to advertise that the game is “closed to the public” when in fact it is not. It’s also low rent to allow Boston College fans to attend but not fans of the opposing team. If seating is limited, split the tickets between fans for both teams.

This sort of practice sprang up during Covid at some schools. It really wasn’t defensible then, but now there is zero justification for it.

I’m not sure what Notre Dame game you are referring to. From watching the Clemson at ND indoor game earlier this year, it was a clear that a lot of Clemson fans were there.
I can assure everyone that access to BC indoor field was equal for both teams--4 free tix per player. Can't speak exactly to how the policy was communicated/executed, but plenty of opposing fans in attendance. For those who aren't aware, the lacrosse/soccer complex is located on the nearby Newton campus--a bus ride for players to practice/play there, outdated locker/restroom facilities. I think the trend toward playing games at alumni is for a variety of convenience, capacity issues.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hmm. Multiple, inconsistent reports. So who knows?

Hopefully BC has changed their policy to allow fans of the opposing team. Pretty sure it didn’t used to be that way based on reports and the video and audio of games (you don’t see or hear opposing fans. E.g. Duke game).
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

GratefulRed wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:13 am
njbill wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:40 pm It’s pretty low rent to advertise that the game is “closed to the public” when in fact it is not. It’s also low rent to allow Boston College fans to attend but not fans of the opposing team. If seating is limited, split the tickets between fans for both teams.

This sort of practice sprang up during Covid at some schools. It really wasn’t defensible then, but now there is zero justification for it.

I’m not sure what Notre Dame game you are referring to. From watching the Clemson at ND indoor game earlier this year, it was a clear that a lot of Clemson fans were there.
I can assure everyone that access to BC indoor field was equal for both teams--4 free tix per player. Can't speak exactly to how the policy was communicated/executed, but plenty of opposing fans in attendance. For those who aren't aware, the lacrosse/soccer complex is located on the nearby Newton campus--a bus ride for players to practice/play there, outdated locker/restroom facilities. I think the trend toward playing games at alumni is for a variety of convenience, capacity issues.
[/quote

Like I mentioned previously, AWW is probably sick and and tired of the porta potties at Newtown.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:36 am Hmm. Multiple, inconsistent reports. So who knows?

Hopefully BC has changed their policy to allow fans of the opposing team. Pretty sure it didn’t used to be that way based on reports and the video and audio of games (you don’t see or hear opposing fans. E.g. Duke game).
No change in policy. Here is proof from the Duke game:
https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/16306 ... 39169?s=20
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:08 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm On the other hand, what do you think of the Hound-Hoya matchup Doc? Haven't followed Georgetown this year.
I havent seen them this year....based on their record, it looks like they are down...I don't see it as a close game. I'll be watching though. It is the eve of the anniversary of #13's Nasal Fracture @ Cooper Field. :roll:
Hounds will need to play better than they did last night if they want to beat the Gators...shot selection was poor, especially in tight. They made the 2nd half Hoya goalie look really good. On the other side of the field, the Hounds goalie had an uncharacteristic sketchy night.

Still not sure about this team. They need a good win (FLA) to justify their ranking...They can beat FLA, but will need all aspects of the game to align.
I will add to this that the second half Hoya goalie IS really good and should be starting. Of course, I'm a bit biased.
njbill

Post by njbill »

"Proof"? Look, you are defending BC because you are a fan. I think we know that.

The video does appear to show some number of fans who appear to be overwhelmingly BC fans. You apparently are focusing on the small handful of blue hats and sweatshirts. And you know they aren't affiliated with the team how? Also looked like at least a couple of the blue-clad folks clapped after BC goals, which suggests to me that they were BC fans who happened to be wearing blue that day.

In any event, your video seems to be pretty compelling proof that the tickets were not split 50/50.

I suggest you write BC a big check so they can build a 21st century lax facility. It can be called Can Opener Pavillion. :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

hmmm wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:43 am

I will add to this that the second half Hoya goalie IS really good and should be starting. Of course, I'm a bit biased.
Bias acknowledged. :lol: I too agree she is really good. Don't know enough about the other goalie to know whether she should be starting.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:48 am "Proof"? Look, you are defending BC because you are a fan. I think we know that.

The video does appear to show some number of fans who appear to be overwhelmingly BC fans. You apparently are focusing on the small handful of blue hats and sweatshirts. And you know they aren't affiliated with the team how? Also looked like at least a couple of the blue-clad folks clapped after BC goals, which suggests to me that they were BC fans who happened to be wearing blue that day.

In any event, your video seems to be pretty compelling proof that the tickets were not split 50/50.

I suggest you write BC a big check so they can build a 21st century lax facility. It can be called Can Opener Pavillion. :lol:
You are embarrassing yourself, my friend.
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.53.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.53.28 AM.png (205.64 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Can Opener wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:00 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:48 am "Proof"? Look, you are defending BC because you are a fan. I think we know that.

You are embarrassing yourself, my friend. Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.53.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 12.02.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 12.02.55 PM.png (173.06 KiB) Viewed 410 times
njbill

Post by njbill »

Three (possibly four) blue hats/shirts/jackets in your pic. As I said, a "small handful." And that's your "proof"? Since you never answer my questions, I'll answer mine for you. You have no idea whether those folks were affiliated with the team.

Oh, wait, sorry. If someone is wearing blue jeans, that means they are a Duke fan. :lol:

Edit: Now you are posting multiple pics showing some of the same people twice. And you do see the credentials of some of your "blue" folks, right? Pretty clear evidence they are affiliated with the team.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

It is less embarrassing to admit a mistake than to double down on a take that is plainly factually incorrect. You originally said that:

"Hopefully BC has changed their policy to allow fans of the opposing team. Pretty sure it didn’t used to be that way based on reports and the video and audio of games (you don’t see or hear opposing fans. E.g. Duke game)."

The idea that BC did not "allow fans of the opposing team" is incorrect. 99.9% of people viewing the video and the screenshots would agree that statement was incorrect. You also said that in the video of the Duke game, "you don't see or hear opposing fans." That is also plainly incorrect.

Were there more BC fans than Duke fans or Brown fans at a home game? Yes. Is that evidence of some strange conspiracy or evidence that opposing fans were not allowed in? Absolutely not. Are there usually more fans of the home team at a game? I will let you answer that question.

My goodness, man. We are all human and make mistakes every day. Why is it so difficult for you to ever acknowledge one?
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:09 pm Three (possibly four) blue hats/shirts/jackets in your pic. As I said, a "small handful." And that's your "proof"? Since you never answer my questions, I'll answer mine for you. You have no idea whether those folks were affiliated with the team.

Oh, wait, sorry. If someone is wearing blue jeans, that means they are a Duke fan. :lol:

Edit: Now you are posting multiple pics showing some of the same people twice. And you do see the credentials of some of your "blue" folks, right? Pretty clear evidence they are affiliated with the team.
Our posts crossed. As did your wires. The lanyards are the very common at games these days, worn by parents with their name and daughter's name/number on one side and the roster on the other side. The people in the photos are all standing on the Duke side of the field, most wearing blue gear, Duke-emblazoned apparel and blue lanyards.

If you wake up in the morning and see snow covering your yard that was not there the night before, it is possible that a band of gypsies drove a truck across country from Colorado and spread it neatly across your yard while you were sleeping. It is much more likely that it snowed.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:50 am
hmmm wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:43 am

Bias acknowledged. :lol: I too agree she is really good. Don't know enough about the other goalie to know whether she should be starting.
1st half goalie has a .439 and 2nd half goalie has a .537 and they are splitting halves. Quite a difference.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don't know anything about the first half goalie, but I'd be hard pressed to think she's better than the second half goalie who is really good.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”