Brown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Brown 2023

Post by bearlaxfan »

Per IL podcast 5 seniors suspended 6 games. Unsure if this includes StonyBrook.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 am Per IL podcast 5 seniors suspended 6 games. Unsure if this includes StonyBrook.
Ouch.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

The way I heard the podcast explain it was they have already sat out one game and have 5 to go. Seems it was originally a 7 game suspension but they got it appealed down to 6
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Which podcast?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

middleAgedBear wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:18 pm Which podcast?
Inside Lacrosse podcast from yesterday

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... year/60876
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:51 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:18 pm Which podcast?
Inside Lacrosse podcast from yesterday

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... year/60876
Thanks!
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

Just listened to the podcast clip addressing the suspension, sounds like IL is looking into it further and should have an update/story online sometime this week. Tough stretch without them: UNC, Harvard, UMass, Nova, Princeton
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

Baptism by fire for a team already working tons of new faces into the lineup, could be a tough weekend in North Carolina. The guys playing showed some backbone against Stony Brook, would be highly impressive if they keep it up. Guess we will see what the Bears and the coaches are made of.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Plus there'll be some fresh legs for the stretch run. Where their heads will be... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 pm The way I heard the podcast explain it was they have already sat out one game and have 5 to go. Seems it was originally a 7 game suspension but they got it appealed down to 6
6 games is pretty serious. Never heard of suspensions like that in the past.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Bears placed some nice shots against Stony Brook, but this week Krieg is not "just another goalie" guy.
The... aaah... new-look-bears have a great chance to impress against a talented but inconsistent UNC. Who does Geppert cover?
Will need better than 50% from the peeps goalie this week.

Brown +3, o/u 24.5
I'm not a gambler, just 'providing content' 🤨
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm
AreaLax wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 pm The way I heard the podcast explain it was they have already sat out one game and have 5 to go. Seems it was originally a 7 game suspension but they got it appealed down to 6
6 games is pretty serious. Never heard of suspensions like that in the past.
Feels like it should be a bigger story than it has been so far.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
molo

Post by molo »

Big cover up so far. Whose motto is “The Truth shall Set You Free”?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

molo wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:21 pm Big cover up so far. Whose motto is “The Truth shall Set You Free”?
Although I am as curious as the next person (did I search Twitter? yes I did), colleges have to navigate FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and, accordingly, many of them are very cautious about what information they disclose if it might even come close to the line re: violating a student's educational privacy. Moreover, from a human perspective, one can assume these are young people who made a mistake; it would be good if they aren't chained by Google searches to whatever that mistake was for the next decade or longer. I hope it wasn't too serious, that they're learning from the experience, and that the team can continue to play well despite some key absences so this doesn't become the unfortunate narrative of 2023.

Good luck to Bruno.
molo

Post by molo »

All good points. The problem with secrecy is that it can lead to assumptions and rumors of behavior that is worse than the actual offense.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Please remember that these are young men sometimes 18,19,20,21 years of age. I remember when I was their age and in college and the freedom was intoxicating. Did I do things back then that I regret? Of course but nobody cared what Joewillie did as I wasn't a D1 athlete or a star on the football, basketball, or Lax team etc. I was just a nobody student.
BUT when your a star on a D1 team, you get put under a microscope and maybe unfairly judged differently than some average student.
I'm sure these young men regret every minute now what they did to be suspended, but in my opinion, we should let them have their time to themselves and probably with family and heal and learn moving forward. No need to put their names up in lights and have everyone judge them, as I know I would be in no position to judge anyone given some of my college deeds, and I would not want others judging me.
Sorry if this was a sort of sad sack post but it just took me back to my days as a young impressionable undergrad.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:12 pm Please remember that these are young men sometimes 18,19,20,21 years of age. I remember when I was their age and in college and the freedom was intoxicating. Did I do things back then that I regret? Of course but nobody cared what Joewillie did as I wasn't a D1 athlete or a star on the football, basketball, or Lax team etc. I was just a nobody student.
BUT when your a star on a D1 team, you get put under a microscope and maybe unfairly judged differently than some average student.
I'm sure these young men regret every minute now what they did to be suspended, but in my opinion, we should let them have their time to themselves and probably with family and heal and learn moving forward. No need to put their names up in lights and have everyone judge them, as I know I would be in no position to judge anyone given some of my college deeds, and I would not want others judging me.
Sorry if this was a sort of sad sack post but it just took me back to my days as a young impressionable undergrad.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
If camera phones were around when I was in college…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:28 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:12 pm Please remember that these are young men sometimes 18,19,20,21 years of age. I remember when I was their age and in college and the freedom was intoxicating. Did I do things back then that I regret? Of course but nobody cared what Joewillie did as I wasn't a D1 athlete or a star on the football, basketball, or Lax team etc. I was just a nobody student.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Lol FFG, I don't even want to think about that.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Don’t let your imagination run too wild. They threw one too many parties at an off campus house. 40 years ago they would have made a movie about them. In 2023 they receive formal reprimands. Alas.
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

joewillie78 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:28 pm
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Lol FFG, I don't even want to think about that.
Indeed, thank goodness! Leaked iPhone footage of my "Private Senior Thesis Study Course" with Dean Wormer's wife might just have broken the internet. "Food fight!"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”