Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Sunnylax

Re: Live Game Action

Post by Sunnylax »

:lol: :lol:
Madlax59 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:37 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:32 pm Well, last month was “It’s just February. The Terps always improve over the course of the season…”
And don’t forget they are “Defender U””
I mean UNC. (Defending natty champ) gave up 5 to BC Friday but by all means let’s laud Maryland with cover last month . Please
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:11 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:55 pm Edmondson looked good today. I'm conflicted about that last shot she took but seemed to me like she decided to go for it in hopes of drawing a foul. Wasn't a great shot. The offense is what it is. really bad. Maryland doesn't have creative or high IQ feeders or players with vision. The defense was alot better today. They can still hang on that and Edmondson.

Shannon Smith, who couldn't get a game at UNC and was 3rd or 4th in the depth chart in her position is a starter for Maryland. That's all you need to know.
Shannon Smith? Not a single kid from her class was a starter their freshman year in 2021. Do you know how many kids from her class saw the field regularly off the bench? 1, Wurzburger. Smith played in 8 games, 4th most in her class of 10 (Long played 9 and Little played 14). She transferred after her freshman year and became a starter for a Maryland team that made the NCAA semi finals with a healthy, well-rounded stat line:

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

And do you know how many current UNC starters were right there with Smith, just as low on the depth chart in 2021? Take a look. I don't think you're making the point you think you are.
It's actually an excellent point. She didn't see the field while at UNC bc of her play. Coaches tried her early in the season but she was unable to do anything on the field. Got her chance and didn't produce.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Sunnylax wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:07 am
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:55 pm Edmondson looked good today. I'm conflicted about that last shot she took but seemed to me like she decided to go for it in hopes of drawing a foul. Wasn't a great shot. The offense is what it is. really bad. Maryland doesn't have creative or high IQ feeders or players with vision. The defense was alot better today. They can still hang on that and Edmondson.

Shannon Smith, who couldn't get a game at UNC and was 3rd or 4th in the depth chart in her position is a starter for Maryland. That's all you need to know.
Shannon Smith? Not a single kid from her class was a starter their freshman year in 2021. Do you know how many kids from her class saw the field regularly off the bench? 1, Wurzburger. Smith played in 8 games, 4th most in her class of 10 (Long played 9 and Little played 14). She transferred after her freshman year and became a starter for a Maryland team that made the NCAA semi finals with a healthy, well-rounded stat line:

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

And do you know how many current UNC starters were right there with Smith, just as low on the depth chart in 2021? Take a look. I don't think you're making the point you think you are.
It's actually an excellent point. She didn't see the field while at UNC bc of her play. Coaches tried her early in the season but she was unable to do anything on the field. Got her chance and didn't produce.
perhaps you are closer to the situation but to me is points to a player that just got better?

A quick look at the other midfielders who saw action in the player being discussed class there is only one whom had similar appearances. One saw action in 8 games and the other in 9. Not all the same games with # 10 seeing action vs Duke and JMU while #35 was action vs VTech.

Stat lines are similar with the player in question having the advantage of 3 ga to 1a. GB's, TO and CTO are all similar with #10 having a little better time on the DC yet having no stats in the two games they did not have in common.

So from my vantage point there is little difference between these two players their freshman year. Interesting that #10 has started all 5 games this year and is 7th on the team in points. So two midfielders who started out in about the same position as Fr now improved enough to see the field and make meaningful contributions. What #35 would be doing if still at UNC is pure speculation. I give credit where credit is due and seems to me that both of these kids improved their games enough to be on the field for their respective teams.
DMac

Post by DMac »

JMU GK might've just thrown the longest assist in wlax history,
smart play.
This game looking like it's being beamed from the gods. Pretty
day, sun's a little tough on the cameras though.
4-3 JMU, 7 min to go in the 2nd.
4-4 now.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Colgate having a real tough go vs Binghamton. Running clock in 4th
DMac

Post by DMac »

5-4 JMU at the half.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:44 pm beamed from the gods.
Just one on that campus.....
DMac

Post by DMac »

Flames burning out, gotta turn up the heat.
10-5 JMU end of 3.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:58 pm
Am clueless on this one.

JMU scores a couple late in the 4th.
13-5, final.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

Not really…a simple check shows the 8 games she played in stretched from February to April 30th. She played when the team was up by a decent margin, just like Alyssa Long did. The coaches got her game experience when and where they could. One chose to stay and come off the bench for another year, one chose to transfer back to her home state for an opportunity to start on a team that needed middies. Nothing wrong with either choice, both good players.

I admire the confidence though.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Just saw who JMU was playing. 😂 Well done.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:00 pm
+1
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

GratefulRed wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:56 am
tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:00 pm
+1
Glad someone got it...Dmac's response made me think I had swung and missed :D
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:45 pm

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

Not really…a simple check shows the 8 games she played in stretched from February to April 30th. She played when the team was up by a decent margin, just like Alyssa Long did. The coaches got her game experience when and where they could. One chose to stay and come off the bench for another year, one chose to transfer back to her home state for an opportunity to start on a team that needed middies. Nothing wrong with either choice, both good players.

Admire the confidence? Is that some sort of dig? You have your opinion and I’ll stick with mine. How’s that for confidence.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Sunnylax wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:34 am

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

Admire the confidence? Is that some sort of dig? You have your opinion and I’ll stick with mine. How’s that for confidence.
Thanks for clarifying that you were stating your opinion.
Sunnylax wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:07 am Coaches tried her early in the season but she was unable to do anything on the field
That is not an opinion. It is just wrong.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

12:00 Kent State Saint Francis
12:00 Princeton USC
4:00 Central Michigan Cincinnati
5:00 Queens Winthrop
8:00 Northwestern Stony Brook
8:00 UC Davis American
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 am

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

Sunnylax wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:07 am Coaches tried her early in the season but she was unable to do anything on the field
No, it isn’t. She got her chance as did Long. They weren’t ready so played in mop up time. You are just wrong.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Sunnylax wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:41 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 am

25G 11A 22GB 13CT 63DC

No, it isn’t. She got her chance as did Long. They weren’t ready so played in mop up time. You are just wrong.
That is literally what I said: "She played when the team was up by a decent margin, just like Alyssa Long did. The coaches got her game experience when and where they could."

But she played throughout the season, including in the ACC semi-final. They didn't just "try her early in the season".

What am I wrong about?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 am 12:00 Kent State Saint Francis
Watching NU - SBU game
Pet peeve: players listed as midfield and get all the props (tewey consideration), etc…then they play her on attack. If she plays bulk of season on attack and then laud her as a middie. Idk drives me crazy .
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 am 12:00 Kent State Saint Francis
Watching NU - SBU game
Pet peeve: players listed as midfield and get all the props (tewey consideration), etc…then they play her on attack. If she plays bulk of season on attack and then laud her as a middie. Idk drives me crazy .
my pet peeve is the announcers, they're embarrassing

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”