Dartmouth 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
b1w7o9y7h

Re: Dartmouth 2023

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

2pm Game time weather forecast Hanover, NH:

31 degrees F, winds 💨 11mph gusting to 30mph, snowing ❄️. National weather service Winter Storm Warning ⚠️ until 7pm.

Two takeaways: 1) We need a Dr. Seuss Dome stat. 2) I’m glad I didn’t exercise my final year of eligibility this year. Maybe next year…
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

A fine March day in the Upper Valley! Unfortunately the weather won't be an advantage vs. a team from Upstate NY. Nevertheless a good opportunity for the Big Green to notch its third win.
Finish Strong
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Unless our SID had an inner ear infection when he set up the schedule isn’t the game in Geneva? (We were on the road Sat and middle of a 4 game/11 day stretch so logic suggests that’s correct)?

https://hwsathletics.com/sports/mens-la ... ?path=mlax

Or did you guys pick us up on the cheap to get that Finger Lake Real Estate given we had the fifth largest endowment decline in 2022 and it’s only 15-20% higher than when I graduated two plus decades ago? (And commensurate drop in the finally out of fashion USNWR)

Either way to paraphrase a great poet who was taken from us all too young of an age in 1996: grab your glocks when you see hobart…call the cops when you see Hobart…who shot Ya but ya punks didn’t finish now ya about to see the wrath’s of a menace..we hit em up!

(Editors note: we do it old school NA style so we do shake hands with the survivors of the other team afterwards but for now…)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sportin' Life wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:42 am A fine March day in the Upper Valley! Unfortunately the weather won't be an advantage vs. a team from Upstate NY. Nevertheless a good opportunity for the Big Green to notch its third win.
And don’t you already have three wins v Mack, HC & Siena?
check sticks

Post by check sticks »

Congrats to a 3rd week of Dartmouth ROW honors:
https://ivyleague.com/news/2023/3/6/men ... eated.aspx

The foundation is in place. And with any consistency the Ws will continue to accumulate.
Hoping for a good Tuesday outing vs 'Bart.

GBG
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

PSA....
Tomorrows game at Hobart will be played indoors at the Poole Family Dome due to the lovely CNY weather. There is no general admission. Not sure if players have passes allotted. You may have to contact Hobart's SID.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:18 am
Sportin' Life wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:42 am A fine March day in the Upper Valley! Unfortunately the weather won't be an advantage vs. a team from Upstate NY. Nevertheless a good opportunity for the Big Green to notch its third win.
My above statement was made Sat. a.m. in reference to Siena not Hobart.
Finish Strong
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sportin' Life wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:21 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:18 am
My above statement was made Sat. a.m. in reference to Siena not Hobart.
Ahh understood. Forgot (I lived iN NYC for a while) that to some everything west of the Hudson River, sometimes including Rockland, Putnam and Duchess Co is considered upstate.
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

I once told a Manhattanite I was from Hastings-on-Hudson. He said "oh Upstate". :lol:
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Dang. Hobart jumps to 7-1 lead and Dartmouth outscores 19-9 the rest of the way for a 20-16 victory indoors at the Poole Family bubble in Geneva. Both goalies seemed to struggle seeing the ball. Wondering what the lighting factor might be there, if any? Anyways, good comeback win for the boys from Hanover!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Congrats to the Big Green. You have an excellent fogo and your wing play was spot on. Good luck the rest of the season.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Congrats to the 4-0 Big Green. You are so much improved and I look forward to our matchup at the Kopf in a few weeks.

However, in another thread, although you are 4-0 were declared "not a good team".

The only thing I can think of is the poster who said that maybe thinks the first number is losses and the second number is wins. Hmmmm....
Gobigred
Joewillie78
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

First Year Emmett Paradine is really on fire with 10 points (7,3)) today. This follows a 5 point performance last Saturday.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Another nice win for Dartmouth—impressive to turn it around after being down 7-1 to start the game. Great job!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Congrats on a tough road win today fellas. Don’t take the Bart fans despair at our atrocious d and goalie play as any comment on your efforts or talent, a road win against a still competent and offensively talented team on two days is a good day forward in your progress towards taking out some Ivy opponents and making noise there.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

And Dartmouth keeps impressing...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Fun footage from the Big Green locker room postgame via Twitter: https://twitter.com/LacrosseNetwork/sta ... 98691?s=20

Will be something when Dartmouth gets that first Ivy win in a while (which I think will happen this season).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So pleased to see these guys having fun playing the sport they love.

The comeback is super impressive and one to remember and appreciate.

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

should be back to back Ivy ROW
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 am So pleased to see these guys having fun playing the sport they love.

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

3 Star ranking just means IL doesn’t really know who he is.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 am So pleased to see these guys having fun playing the sport they love.

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

Kid is a gem for you guys.

I will note that Hobart has had a 10-4 mid second quarter lead on Lehigh (lost 19-13), 9-3 lead on Colgate in Q3 to end up 10-8, 8-2 lead to RoMo mid Q2 which we barely hung on for a 14-12 win. Still a nice win, but it was against a team that can't hold a lead to save their lives. Good luck with UNC and the rest of the season.

While I'm salty at my internal squads issues I hope we can keep this going with Dart a few more years, feels like a nice matchup. If only you could host the home games in July where I can rent something over by Queche (sp?) Falls in VT or Rye NH for a week and come by for the game!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”