Adelphi 2022

D2 Mens Lacrosse
lax1983

Adelphi 2022

Post by lax1983 »

Adelphi looks to have reloaded this year.

So far having beat Sacred Heart, Eastern U, and Muhlenberg in scrimmages. All respectable teams.
River Donkey

Re: Adelphi 2022

Post by River Donkey »

I think Adelphi likes the sleeper role all of you have them in. They are loaded again and only Lemoyne was able to slow them down. Wouldn’t be surprised come April to see Adelphi in the mix.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Adelphi over D3 Connecticut College 10-7 tonight.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

That was a tough game, Adelphi had 28 turnovers...

They should have won by 7-8 goals easily.
NE10 Insider

Post by NE10 Insider »

Adelphi at 3 in the country USILA poll is pretty insane to me. Sure they are undefeated, but who have they played? St Anselm on the other hand lost to Lemoyne who is the top team in the North by two goals and got bumped out of the top 10? USILA coaches poll must not look at scores
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

NE10 Insider wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:51 am Adelphi at 3 in the country USILA poll is pretty insane to me. Sure they are undefeated, but who have they played? St Anselm on the other hand lost to Lemoyne who is the top team in the North by two goals and got bumped out of the top 10? USILA coaches poll must not look at scores
I think it is a kind of inertia - Adelphi is almost always good, and so there is a big benefit of the doubt. And in the past when they have scheduled an early game against a top 10 southern team that has with several games under their belt, they have not always looked good early. But by the end of the season they look great.

I would prefer to be a little more skeptical until they earn their place up the ladder - if they stay undefeated they will bubble up toward the top anyway.
NE10 Insider

Post by NE10 Insider »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:57 am
I think it is a kind of inertia - Adelphi is almost always good, and so there is a big benefit of the doubt. And in the past when they have scheduled an early game against a top 10 southern team that has with several games under their belt, they have not always looked good early. But by the end of the season they look great.

I would prefer to be a little more skeptical until they earn their place up the ladder - if they stay undefeated they will bubble up toward the top anyway.
I agree. I think the 'inertia' voting is a little out of hand, but I guess it is understandable. I would like to see some consideration for tight games in both wins and losses, but obviously no way to get the USILA to do that lol
LaxtillIdrop

Post by LaxtillIdrop »

Adelphi has a parent who needs to be told to STFU. He spends the entire game yelling instructions at kids.. "Pass the ball" "move it" "go to the cage" usually its in direct opposition to what the coaching staff wants. When the teams switch ends, he goes down behind the goal to yell right at his kid. the guy is a coaches nighmare
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

As a semi retired coach, I hear a guy like that at a recruiting tournament, his kid's name gets crossed off my player roster with the world's darkest Sharpie.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”