January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:01 pm He’s that way with a lot of posters. He eases up on old timers, but really goes after new posters and posters he doesn’t know.

If Trump is indicted, it will be interesting to see how his arrest is handled. Will he appear voluntarily, trying to avoid a spectacle? Or will he hole himself up at Mar-a-Lago and force some type of confrontation like Roger Stone did? I wouldn’t put it past him to orchestrate a “really big shew” and then try to use the video to inflame his base. He does like attention.
In addition to his intensely dismissive and even threatening attitude about the other poster's knowledge, which knowledge seemed considerable and rational (but I don't know the actual laws involved), it was his comment about the prosecutor which caught my attention as having an agenda, an 'axe to grind'. Others challenged the veracity and reasonableness of his characterization with what appeared to be well informed counterpoints, but he was dismissive of those as well.

I'm interested in the legal machinations, but it was the 'axe' that caught my attention.

I get a bit antsy when I see very personal attacks on a prosecutor who seems to have actually kept a low personal profile on an extremely high profile case, appears to have grand jury recommendations that will be visible to all at some point, and yet hasn't yet formally indicted anyone.

That's disturbing, especially in the context of the Georgia law being passed...a clear threat to her, it would seem.

I've seen prosecutors who are flamboyant in their publicity seeking, often with weak cases, but that doesn't seem to be the case here...

Re the Trump actual indictment and arrest process, rather than predict what will happen, I think the best steps are to assume the cooperation of a target like Trump until he proves uncooperative. Once that happens then a more forceful process is way more easily justified. It would be different if there was a belief that the arrest would be more likely violent if a warning or if more likely to have evidence destroyed if notice given, but the likelihood of violence is probably higher if perceived to be heavy-handed.

If predicting, I think it's 50:50 as to which path he takes. However, given my own low opinion of him, if forced to bet, I'd bet he makes it into a show somehow, but doesn't flee the country. Too much grift yet to be had here in the US, too much arrogance to believe he can't beat the system yet again.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Everyone enjoying the Horst Wessell-ization going on because of Carlson's film editing?
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:25 am
njbill wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:01 pm He’s that way with a lot of posters. He eases up on old timers, but really goes after new posters and posters he doesn’t know.

If Trump is indicted, it will be interesting to see how his arrest is handled. Will he appear voluntarily, trying to avoid a spectacle? Or will he hole himself up at Mar-a-Lago and force some type of confrontation like Roger Stone did? I wouldn’t put it past him to orchestrate a “really big shew” and then try to use the video to inflame his base. He does like attention.
In addition to his intensely dismissive and even threatening attitude about the other poster's knowledge, which knowledge seemed considerable and rational (but I don't know the actual laws involved), it was his comment about the prosecutor which caught my attention as having an agenda, an 'axe to grind'. Others challenged the veracity and reasonableness of his characterization with what appeared to be well informed counterpoints, but he was dismissive of those as well.

I'm interested in the legal machinations, but it was the 'axe' that caught my attention.

I get a bit antsy when I see very personal attacks on a prosecutor who seems to have actually kept a low personal profile on an extremely high profile case, appears to have grand jury recommendations that will be visible to all at some point, and yet hasn't yet formally indicted anyone.

That's disturbing, especially in the context of the Georgia law being passed...a clear threat to her, it would seem.

I've seen prosecutors who are flamboyant in their publicity seeking, often with weak cases, but that doesn't seem to be the case here...

Re the Trump actual indictment and arrest process, rather than predict what will happen, I think the best steps are to assume the cooperation of a target like Trump until he proves uncooperative. Once that happens then a more forceful process is way more easily justified. It would be different if there was a belief that the arrest would be more likely violent if a warning or if more likely to have evidence destroyed if notice given, but the likelihood of violence is probably higher if perceived to be heavy-handed.

If predicting, I think it's 50:50 as to which path he takes. However, given my own low opinion of him, if forced to bet, I'd bet he makes it into a show somehow, but doesn't flee the country. Too much grift yet to be had here in the US, too much arrogance to believe he can't beat the system yet again.
I pretty much agree. I suspect it will be carefully orchestrated by Trump. On the one hand, he doesn’t want any video out there that could be said to show him being humiliated in any fashion. On the other, he wants video showing that “the man” is coming to get him. I think there is zero chance he would flee the country. That would be a huge mistake.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:33 am Sure, I get it, the CHP are doing a great job leading him 'away' from members of congress, places they do not want him to go, and in a calm demeanor buying time for others to get to safety.
Ah, good. You get it. Plain as day they were deescalating in an impossible situation with someone who clearly isn't playing with a full deck.

Apparently Tucker thinks the preferable choice for those policemen was to empty their clips in the guy.

I've said it before, but we are REALLY lucking those men and women didn't simply form a line, guns drawn and start shooting. Something that would have been perfectly legal for them to do.

What FoxNation is doing now is BLAMING the police for not doing that, because they think it makes it sound like hundreds of angry people storming the Capitol building while the full Senate is inside is just no big deal. Like a parade with floats and clowns on tricycles.

It's working with their viewers, btw. Which is why they're doing it.
Last edited by a fan on Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Fox News is the Völkischer Beobachter of the GOP. You are witnessing the mythmaking and hero creation to which Goebbels devoted himself, in the faces and words of the Fox network. Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson are the team, supported by the cheerleading unit of Watters, Bartiromo, and the idiot Kilmeade. The supposedly "straight journalists" have been exposed as nothing more than front-office faces of the charlatan network.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:48 pm Fox News is the Völkischer Beobachter of the GOP. You are witnessing the mythmaking and hero creation to which Goebbels devoted himself, in the faces and words of the Fox network. Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson are the team, supported by the cheerleading unit of Watters, Bartiromo, and the idiot Kilmeade. The supposedly "straight journalists" have been exposed as nothing more than front-office faces of the charlatan network.
Yep. Compare against Goebbels' Principles of Propaganda here -

https://www.physics.smu.edu/pseudo/Prop ... bbels.html

Of course, it might overly sensitize "regular" folks like Cradle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: who thinks WE are the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another book on fascism by Professor Jason Stanley at Yale that Credle isn't interesting in reading

https://www.openculture.com/2018/10/yal ... scism.html

Yale Professor Jason Stanley Identifies 3 Essential Features of Fascism: Invoking a Mythic Past, Sowing Division & Attacking Truth
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:52 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:48 pm Fox News is the Völkischer Beobachter of the GOP. You are witnessing the mythmaking and hero creation to which Goebbels devoted himself, in the faces and words of the Fox network. Hannity, Ingraham, and Carlson are the team, supported by the cheerleading unit of Watters, Bartiromo, and the idiot Kilmeade. The supposedly "straight journalists" have been exposed as nothing more than front-office faces of the charlatan network.
Yep. Compare against Goebbels' Principles of Propaganda here -

https://www.physics.smu.edu/pseudo/Prop ... bbels.html

Of course, it might overly sensitize "regular" folks like Cradle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: who thinks WE are the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It'll never happen, so let's grow beans and tomatoes and blame Kathy Hochul for stuff.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Luckily for all of us, Elon is jumping in and making sure everyone gets the straight dope:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633021151197954048

But you know, free speech man!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:16 pm Luckily for all of us, Elon is jumping in and making sure everyone gets the straight dope:

He's smart enough to know that he's playing his audience.

He's acting like the Jan6th committee is who convicted those felons. And TinFoilHat nation will buy it.

The rest of us understand that believe it or not, the Dem-led committee had NOTHING to do with the Federal prosecution of those idiots. That happened in our Federal courts.

Sucks to see such a smart man waste his time with this stupid stuff. But whatever. It's his time, not mine, so.......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:16 pm Luckily for all of us, Elon is jumping in and making sure everyone gets the straight dope:

Now I remember why I blocked Elon Musk’s posts from my view. I looked at a few of his tweets. Rancid.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:10 pm

Now I remember why I blocked Elon Musk’s posts from my view. I looked at a few of his tweets. Rancid.
Why you on Twitter? Are there pics of Daddario I’m unaware of?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Lacrosse and Jazz
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

"That True Detectie Scene With Alexandra Daddario" covers most of it if you're thirsty.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:56 am

"That True Detectie Scene With Alexandra Daddario" covers most of it if you're thirsty.
You mean my Mona Lisa? Yes it’s the #3 memory in the bank behind the scenes where my two children were born. I think Woody Harreslons character was completely rational in his approach to her other date. That dude got off easy.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:53 pm Anyone ever see this footage? https://twitter.com/RebukeSystem/status ... 59841?s=20
Yes.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:53 pm Anyone ever see this footage? https://twitter.com/RebukeSystem/status ... 59841?s=20
Yes.
Wonder what happened a long time before that, and what happened after that...
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:02 pm
Yes.
I just scrolled down a few of those posts..... that stuff pollutes the mind. People actually spend time reading and participating in that stuff?
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:12 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:02 pm
Yes.
I just scrolled down a few of those posts..... that stuff pollutes the mind. People actually spend time reading and participating in that stuff?
Was asking more about the actual timeline. Who encouraged them to go to the capitol and attack it in the first place? And whether they followed shaman's instructions to go home, or if they kept attacking the capitol, shaman included?

Guess we'll never know until Tucker releases all the remaining footage...

Return to “POLITICS”