Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:19 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:37 am
HooDat wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:17 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:32 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:18 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:58 am https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/flor ... the-state/

"Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

In the bill, Brodeur wrote that those who write “an article, a story, or a series of stories,” about “the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the Legislature,” and receives or will receive payment for doing so, must register with state offices within five days after the publication of an article that mentions an elected state official.

If another blog post is added to a blog, the blogger would then be required to submit monthly reports on the 10th of each month with the appropriate state office. They would not have to submit a report on months when no content is published."

See where this is going?
Good lord, where are our right wing 1st Amendment advocates?
You know the answer. Only two counts.
I get more disgusted with our political parties every . single . day
I know that such is your consistent gut response, but I think there's a substantive difference in what is happening in the two parties relative to their extremist wings.

I just wrote on another thread:

The right wing is in a frenzy to see who can most creatively demonstrate their willingness to put bigotry and hate into "law".

Seriously, "Gilead" seems like an impossibility in America, but perhaps it's not?

Many of the politicians in the GOP, both state and national, are in this frenzy. Really crazy stuff. Far, far from "conservative".

I don't see that sort of frenzy on the left side of the Dems, albeit certainly there's some performative signaling there as well at times.
How could you possibly see the frenzy on the left when you, the faux life long Republican that you claim to be is too busy blaming YOUR own party ? You don't reclaim any tiny bit of respectability until you publicly disavow your former party and become an independent voter. Tell us again why a lifelong Republican such as yourself would NEVER be allowed in the building to speak? it is way past time for you to be honest to this forum and finally quit the RepubliCON party. There is one thing that even YOU can't deny... YOUR PARTY hates you and everything a pasty faced FLP republiCON blue blood Rockefeller Republican stands for... :D :D 8-).
Why do you insist on repeating this line of assault so redundantly. Do you think he doesn’t understand what your saying? Does it make you feel better? We’ve all read it more times than I’ve thought of Natalie Portman and in my head Im in my 8th or 10th virtual restraining order against me.
We all read your never ending posts in your attempts to enlighten us how the high stakes world of finance works. You praddle on and on when you could easily condense your point to 2 paragraphs, but you never do. Why do you insist on repeating these never ending boring posts? I'll keep calling MD lax out for as long as it takes. He has to finally step away from the party he has contempt for. I have read ad nauseum his constant claim to be a life long Republican. I have yet to ever read a single post by him that makes him come across as a conservative republican. If calling him out bothers you, then that is your problem. MD is a big boy and can defend himself. You would be better served to use your intelligence to frame your posts where you get to the point and make them interesting and understandable. I have tried many times to read your posts where you get knee deep in the nuts and bolts of your craft. You tend to go off on too many different tangents that are fascinating and boring as hell all at the same time. Keep it simple is advise you might want to think about. MD lax and I will always butt heads. IMO you can't be a lifelong member of a political party or any other organization that you constantly are at loggerheads with. There should come a time when you realize the marriage no longer works for you. Irreconcilable differences happen and you move on, unless your happy with the dysfunctional relationship?
It’s basically on one thread for those that care. You don’t. Trust me, I don’t expect that you are the audience for that.

I know you need simple. I get that. Except that the world isn’t simple which may be your biggest fundamental problem.

But he’s not butting-heads with you, you are picking a fight. Or just trying to pick in him. I butt heads with Brooklyn or Doc, but what you’re doing is not the same thing. And to explain to me what you’ve said redundantly 7 trillion times is pointless. I live it in my house every day. In the real world, not your metaphor. My sister tried to talk me into walking out of my situation last weekend so I get it. I don’t get why you insist on this when I’m the real world she wouldn’t pound the topic with me the way you do here. Unless you don’t care about him and are just being a dick for the sake of feeling better than yourself rather than giving any type of advice. And that’s reality. Cold, bitter and hard for you to swallow but if I can accept mine which is far worse, then you should accept that. But you won’t.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:13 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:58 am https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/flor ... the-state/

"Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

In the bill, Brodeur wrote that those who write “an article, a story, or a series of stories,” about “the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the Legislature,” and receives or will receive payment for doing so, must register with state offices within five days after the publication of an article that mentions an elected state official.

If another blog post is added to a blog, the blogger would then be required to submit monthly reports on the 10th of each month with the appropriate state office. They would not have to submit a report on months when no content is published."

See where this is going?
I know that such is your consistent gut response, but I think there's a substantive difference in what is happening in the two parties relative to their extremist wings.

The right wing is in a frenzy to see who can most creatively demonstrate their willingness to put bigotry and hate into "law".

Seriously, "Gilead" seems like an impossibility in America, but perhaps it's not?

Many of the politicians in the GOP, both state and national, are in this frenzy. Really crazy stuff. Far, far from "conservative".

I don't see that sort of frenzy on the left side of the Dems, albeit certainly there's some performative signaling there as well at times.
How could you possibly see the frenzy on the left when you, the faux life long Republican that you claim to be is too busy blaming YOUR own party ? You don't reclaim any tiny bit of respectability until you publicly disavow your former party and become an independent voter. Tell us again why a lifelong Republican such as yourself would NEVER be allowed in the building to speak? it is way past time for you to be honest to this forum and finally quit the RepubliCON party. There is one thing that even YOU can't deny... YOUR PARTY hates you and everything a pasty faced FLP republiCON blue blood Rockefeller Republican stands for... :D :D 8-).
Why do you insist on repeating this line of assault so redundantly. Do you think he doesn’t understand what your saying? Does it make you feel better? We’ve all read it more times than I’ve thought of Natalie Portman and in my head Im in my 8th or 10th virtual restraining order against me.
We all read your never ending posts in your attempts to enlighten us how the high stakes world of finance works. You praddle on and on when you could easily condense your point to 2 paragraphs, but you never do. Why do you insist on repeating these never ending boring posts? I'll keep calling MD lax out for as long as it takes. He has to finally step away from the party he has contempt for. I have read ad nauseum his constant claim to be a life long Republican. I have yet to ever read a single post by him that makes him come across as a conservative republican. If calling him out bothers you, then that is your problem. MD is a big boy and can defend himself. You would be better served to use your intelligence to frame your posts where you get to the point and make them interesting and understandable. I have tried many times to read your posts where you get knee deep in the nuts and bolts of your craft. You tend to go off on too many different tangents that are fascinating and boring as hell all at the same time. Keep it simple is advise you might want to think about. MD lax and I will always butt heads. IMO you can't be a lifelong member of a political party or any other organization that you constantly are at loggerheads with. There should come a time when you realize the marriage no longer works for you. Irreconcilable differences happen and you move on, unless your happy with the dysfunctional relationship?
It’s basically on one thread for those that care. You don’t. Trust me, I don’t expect that you are the audience for that.

I know you need simple. I get that. Except that the world isn’t simple which may be your biggest fundamental problem.

But he’s not butting-heads with you, you are picking a fight. Or just trying to pick in him. I butt heads with Brooklyn or Doc, but what you’re doing is not the same thing. And to explain to me what you’ve said redundantly 7 trillion times is pointless. I live it in my house every day. In the real world, not your metaphor. My sister tried to talk me into walking out of my situation last weekend so I get it. I don’t get why you insist on this when I’m the real world she wouldn’t pound the topic with me the way you do here. Unless you don’t care about him and are just being a dick for the sake of feeling better than yourself rather than giving any type of advice. And that’s reality. Cold, bitter and hard for you to swallow but if I can accept mine which is far worse, then you should accept that. But you won’t.
I understand why you dislike me. FTR I have had this same discussion about " lifelong Republicans" with my best friend who moved to South Carolina 4 years ago. His entire family are lifelong Republicans and they take the same approach to voting as my family did as lifelong Democrats. The worst Democrat/Republican candidate is always better than the best Democrat/ Republican candidate. I care about MD lax he is a good dude. I just don't understand his unfailing loyalty to a party that has zero to do with his personal belief system. My friend quit the Republican around 2016. The Republican party in NYS no longer was relevant to what his political beliefs were. He left the party but still normally votes strait line Republican. The same reason my mom always voted strait line Democrat. She always believed the worst Democrat was always the better than the best Republican. She never admitted it but Ronald Reagan was the exception to her rule. That was not unusual for her generation. FTR and you may not believe I'm being sincere, I understand how painful your personal circumstances are. I've been down that road and it was the most painful time of my life. It is always about the kids, they are what matters the most.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 am

See where this is going?

I understand why you dislike me. FTR I have had this same discussion about " lifelong Republicans" with my best friend who moved to South Carolina 4 years ago. His entire family are lifelong Republicans and they take the same approach to voting as my family did as lifelong Democrats. The worst Democrat/Republican candidate is always better than the best Democrat/ Republican candidate. I care about MD lax he is a good dude. I just don't understand his unfailing loyalty to a party that has zero to do with his personal belief system. My friend quit the Republican around 2016. The Republican party in NYS no longer was relevant to what his political beliefs were. He left the party but still normally votes strait line Republican. The same reason my mom always voted strait line Democrat. She always believed the worst Democrat was always the better than the best Republican. She never admitted it but Ronald Reagan was the exception to her rule. That was not unusual for her generation. FTR and you may not believe I'm being sincere, I understand how painful your personal circumstances are. I've been down that road and it was the most painful time of my life. It is always about the kids, they are what matters the most.
I wouldn’t say I dislike you. I just call out stuff because I think it’s better treatment of people and more honest than going “bless your heart” or some vile s**t than spitting at your feet when you walk away. Won’t move forward without confrontations. I think you mean well, are frustrated at the lack of control of the world around you and don’t understand much of what’s changed which happens to everyone as they get old. Ive watched all my family die off, watched my father fight his last fight in the ICU before watching doctors and nurses try to get him on dialysis from his septic shock over and over before he helped me avoid having to call it the following morning on morning sleep. Ive also had a few suicides sin my family. “Fight or flight” is in us all. Awareness, understanding and effort ameliorate a lot of pain and fear I’m pretty sure though.

The fact is we find comfort in what we know. To a fault. It’s that simple. Really smart or thoughtful folks aren’t immune to biology.

Yes the kids are what matters and what gets some (me) people up each morning-like a old guy, at 4:30-5am usually after going down between 11:30-1 (could be anxiety, adhd, depression and residual affects of drug use too but that’s for another day)

The harping on calling me a liar and a bad parent pisses me off and is just completely wrong and I tend to not let things go easily, particularly things done repeatedly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just to be clear, I have not changed my registration to Independent because I still hold out some small hope that a GOP can emerge in the next decade which has rejected this MAGA scam and bigotry scourge.

But that hope is diminishing. Not entirely gone, but greatly diminished.

I'll vote for such in the GOP primaries. And I'll continue to have conversations with Republicans who are unaware of their information bubble biases, those for whom a little more fulsome information can be very eye-opening. I have a touch more credibility with such people being a "lifelong Republican".

That's how I'm exercising my little bit of influence.
We need a balanced system in which those not currently in power are a loyal opposition, not willing to destroy core American principles in the interest of power, profit or prejudice.

In the meantime, feel free to consider me an Independent, but I'm likely to vote straight Dem (given binary choices) unless there's a GOP/libertarian candidate who has rejected the MAGA scam and bigotry scourge forthrightly. I don't expect to have many chances to do so for awhile.

I'll withhold my vote from any Dem who I actually think is dangerous or so dishonest that I can't stomach it, but that too is likely to be rare.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:06 pmYou don't reclaim any tiny bit of respectability until you publicly disavow your former party and become an independent voter. Tell us again why a lifelong Republican such as yourself would NEVER be allowed in the building to speak? it is way past time for you to be honest to this forum and finally quit the RepubliCON party. There is one thing that even YOU can't deny... YOUR PARTY hates you and everything a pasty faced FLP republiCON blue blood Rockefeller Republican stands for... :D :D 8-).
Why should he quit? They're the ones who suck.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:50 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:06 pmYou don't reclaim any tiny bit of respectability until you publicly disavow your former party and become an independent voter. Tell us again why a lifelong Republican such as yourself would NEVER be allowed in the building to speak? it is way past time for you to be honest to this forum and finally quit the RepubliCON party. There is one thing that even YOU can't deny... YOUR PARTY hates you and everything a pasty faced FLP republiCON blue blood Rockefeller Republican stands for... :D :D 8-).
That’s been my position. RINO? F**k you, you neophyte whiny biyach there. They were like “sneak thieves”-consider me Bill the Butcher doing it right to Priest Fallons son in this scene with respect to these populist, fear mongering interlopers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQy5xztHVPQ
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:50 am
Debating which party is the suckiest is a subject all its own. When you come on this forum and opine endlessly how much the party sucks that you have been a member of all your life, you have 2 options that I see. Leave the party or accept the party as they are today. I understand how the trump influence has corrupted the party. IMO the Republican party sucked long before trump got hold of it. I understand that MD is a resilient chap whose goal is to persuade his fellow Republicans back to the middle. IMO that ship has sailed for now. It may head back to port eventually. How MD deals with that fact is up to him. He must have the patience of Jobe or something. He could simply take a sabbatical or something if that is allowed in politics.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradle, YOU may see only 2 options, but I see another path and choose to take it...for now.
I'm definitely not alone.
I meet people all the time who are quite close to my perspective, though most did succumb to the Trump pitch at least once.
I did not.

I may well run out of "patience" at some point, as many like me have, but let's imagine for a moment if the MAGA scam and bigotry scourge is not defeated within the GOP and we do not have any hope of two viable parties than can compete for the bulk of the electorate's support. NOTE: the GOP does NOT need to win the majority of the electorate to win the White House, Senate, and House. What if the MAGA bigoted GOP simply gives up on appealing to the majority of voters? The heck with what the majority of voters want?

Either: 1) the GOP will be so marginalized that they panic and turn to full scale violence or 2) they actually achieve a fascist state controlled by their minority.

We've been seeing evidence of this playing out, with truly bats--t crazy or flat-out authoritarian, anti-constitutional moves at the state level. With a large portion of the media proven, by their own admission, to be totally willing to promote bald-faced lies and propaganda. There's no limit to what the 'extremists' are willing to do, and they're proving that weekly, competing with one another to be noticed and supported by the rabid base in the states where they have full control...imagine that at the national level, if say there's a Ron Desantis in power, a McConnell is gone and he's replaced by a Ron Johnson or say a Rick Scott, and there are no brakes...

Do you see any of these MAGA scam and bigotry scourge Republicans, claiming they are "working for Christ", being willing to give up power...ever? I don't. The 'believers' think their 'calling' is more important than democracy and the political and media scammers have learned to profit from it. There are no boundaries.

I think they need to be defeated in elections again and again and again, until rational, social libertarian conservatives re-boot the GOP or offer a new entity instead.

There will always be extremists at either side of the curve, but they need to be rejected by the party system. Else we really will devolve to full scale violence...or fascism.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:49 am cradle, YOU may see only 2 options, but I see another path and choose to take it...for now.
I'm definitely not alone.
I meet people all the time who are quite close to my perspective, though most did succumb to the Trump pitch at least once.
I did not.

I may well run out of "patience" at some point, as many like me have, but let's imagine for a moment if the MAGA scam and bigotry scourge is not defeated within the GOP and we do not have any hope of two viable parties than can compete for the bulk of the electorate's support. NOTE: the GOP does NOT need to win the majority of the electorate to win the White House, Senate, and House. What if the MAGA bigoted GOP simply gives up on appealing to the majority of voters? The heck with what the majority of voters want?

Either: 1) the GOP will be so marginalized that they panic and turn to full scale violence or 2) they actually achieve a fascist state controlled by their minority.

We've been seeing evidence of this playing out, with truly bats--t crazy or flat-out authoritarian, anti-constitutional moves at the state level. With a large portion of the media proven, by their own admission, to be totally willing to promote bald-faced lies and propaganda. There's no limit to what the 'extremists' are willing to do, and they're proving that weekly, competing with one another to be noticed and supported by the rabid base in the states where they have full control...imagine that at the national level, if say there's a Ron Desantis in power, a McConnell is gone and he's replaced by a Ron Johnson or say a Rick Scott, and there are no brakes...

Do you see any of these MAGA scam and bigotry scourge Republicans, claiming they are "working for Christ", being willing to give up power...ever? I don't. The 'believers' think their 'calling' is more important than democracy and the political and media scammers have learned to profit from it. There are no boundaries.

I think they need to be defeated in elections again and again and again, until rational, social libertarian conservatives re-boot the GOP or offer a new entity instead.

There will always be extremists at either side of the curve, but they need to be rejected by the party system. Else we really will devolve to full scale violence...or fascism.
I see that possibility but feel like the real check is the money interests and that’s not concentrated enough to allow your downside scenario to occur and makes it easier to walk. Especially with the micro fights most people have in their lives
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:24 am

See where this is going?

I wouldn’t say I dislike you. I just call out stuff because I think it’s better treatment of people and more honest than going “bless your heart” or some vile s**t than spitting at your feet when you walk away. Won’t move forward without confrontations. I think you mean well, are frustrated at the lack of control of the world around you and don’t understand much of what’s changed which happens to everyone as they get old. Ive watched all my family die off, watched my father fight his last fight in the ICU before watching doctors and nurses try to get him on dialysis from his septic shock over and over before he helped me avoid having to call it the following morning on morning sleep. Ive also had a few suicides sin my family. “Fight or flight” is in us all. Awareness, understanding and effort ameliorate a lot of pain and fear I’m pretty sure though.

The fact is we find comfort in what we know. To a fault. It’s that simple. Really smart or thoughtful folks aren’t immune to biology.

Yes the kids are what matters and what gets some (me) people up each morning-like a old guy, at 4:30-5am usually after going down between 11:30-1 (could be anxiety, adhd, depression and residual affects of drug use too but that’s for another day)

The harping on calling me a liar and a bad parent pisses me off and is just completely wrong and I tend to not let things go easily, particularly things done repeatedly.
I'm not frustrated by my lack of control about anything. My late best friend tried to emulate the concept of live and let live. I may express my opinion on many issues with a lack of tact at times. I would never try and change anyones opinion about what they believe. I have been having these type of conversations with my sister for 50 years. I love my sister with all my heart. She has always wanted me to make the most of my abilities. She reamed me mercilessly when I joined the army in 1978. She wanted me to go to college. Previously I had been accepted at St Bonaventure University and Bradford college in PA. I didn't go to college because I had no idea what I wanted to do in life. I barely made it out of HS, school bored the chit out of me. We both have this in common, my family members with the exception of my sons are all dead. All I have left is my sister and brother. I have not spoken with my brother since my sister Annie's funeral. He is still ticked off because he couldn't get my dad's pickup truck when he became terminally ill. He never went to see my dad when he was dying because it was too " traumatic" for him. It was no less traumatic to me but I went up there 4 or 5 times a week. He didn't know who I was. I would bring my dog Tugger up with me because he adored her. He always remembered her even when he could no longer remember me. Watching my dad die was the most horrific experience of my life. He was in hospice care for over 6 months. He died alone and I would have given anything to be by his side.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:50 am

See where this is going?

I'm not frustrated by my lack of control about anything. My late best friend tried to emulate the concept of live and let live. I may express my opinion on many issues with a lack of tact at times. I would never try and change anyones opinion about what they believe. I have been having these type of conversations with my sister for 50 years. I love my sister with all my heart. She has always wanted me to make the most of my abilities. She reamed me mercilessly when I joined the army in 1978. She wanted me to go to college. Previously I had been accepted at St Bonaventure University and Bradford college in PA. I didn't go to college because I had no idea what I wanted to do in life. I barely made it out of HS, school bored the chit out of me. We both have this in common, my family members with the exception of my sons are all dead. All I have left is my sister and brother. I have not spoken with my brother since my sister Annie's funeral. He is still ticked off because he couldn't get my dad's pickup truck when he became terminally ill. He never went to see my dad when he was dying because it was too " traumatic" for him. It was no less traumatic to me but I went up there 4 or 5 times a week. He didn't know who I was. I would bring my dog Tugger up with me because he adored her. He always remembered her even when he could no longer remember me. Watching my dad die was the most horrific experience of my life. He was in hospice care for over 6 months. He died alone and I would have given anything to be by his side.
Families are f**led up. Sorry to hear you can’t/don’t talk to your brother. I’d be pretty stuck w/o my crazy hippy sister in the Bay Area. Closest friends personally are in other towns (or overseas) and all my personal relationships around Atl I’ve got some professional ties to do while they’d open arms to me I’m perpetually worried about things slipping out that could harm my working life-hence late nights and among friends that don’t run in my “normal” circles became part of life.

I’d encourage you to try with that brother and know that sucks and that you’ll dismiss it but might be worth it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:50 am

See where this is going?

Families are f**led up. Sorry to hear you can’t/don’t talk to your brother. I’d be pretty stuck w/o my crazy hippy sister in the Bay Area. Closest friends personally are in other towns (or overseas) and all my personal relationships around Atl I’ve got some professional ties to do while they’d open arms to me I’m perpetually worried about things slipping out that could harm my working life-hence late nights and among friends that don’t run in my “normal” circles became part of life.

I’d encourage you to try with that brother and know that sucks and that you’ll dismiss it but might be worth it.
I wish I could talk with my brother. I have a huge obstacle to overcome. His wife and my sister in law decides who he can and can't talk to. I don't think I can ever bypass her.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Back to the thread topic. If you have the chance and an interest, read through this and tell folks what you think:

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2 ... /Filed/PDF
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:22 am

See where this is going?
Probably nowhere in reality given that it will have some serious first amendment problems. As written it would apply to any of us...
:lol: :lol: The short dicked snowflakes are losing and have nearly lost their culture war!! The writing is on the wall! Whan you start trying to outlaw your opponent's speech and actions, it is all over but the shouting. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:03 am Back to the thread topic. If you have the chance and an interest, read through this and tell folks what you think:

... Florida is circling the drain. As I said in the post immediately above.

DeSanctimonious is on his way out!
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:22 am

See where this is going?
Probably nowhere in reality given that it will have some serious first amendment problems. As written it would apply to any of us...
:lol: :lol: The short dicked snowflakes are losing and have nearly lost their culture war!! The writing is on the wall! Whan you start trying to outlaw your opponent's speech and actions, it is all over but the shouting. :lol:
:oops:
Modern day version of Alien & Sedition Acts which derailed John Adams' bid for a second term as President in 1800. It remains a very BAD idea except for thin-skinned politicians.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:03 am Back to the thread topic. If you have the chance and an interest, read through this and tell folks what you think:

well, that's quite a read.

So...we don't want to propagandize in eduction? I thought that was the criticism?

Yikes, this is a forthright, explicit statement of propaganda. One answer, our answer, no discussion allowed, with complete 'teeth' to hire and fire anyone who gets even close to a discussion, or is even suspected of such...

And we're talking higher education where exposure to contrary points of view is normally considered an essential part of the educational process...we're not talking about 2nd graders here...

This is partisan government, activist government, enacting extreme policies...the opposite of small c conservativism.

Fascist.

When I was in college, government major, we were exposed to Marxism, read Marx, had a few professors who espoused Marxist critiques of capitalism...didn't make us Marxists, but did enable us to think critically and to understand those perspectives. Understand the counterpoints, be able to think about those critiques and how to address them, constructively...of course, this sort of exposure assumed that we were capable of such analysis, not that we were automotons who needed to be told how to think so as to best serve the existing social structure...and not to question it.

Fascists have a different objective.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FTR counselor, I read it. I even had to go to my laptop so I could finally read the documents. On my smart phone the print was unreadable without a magnifying glass. Maybe you could do me a solid and interpret the mumbo jumbo into something that makes sense. Is your major gripe all of the lines that are semi blacked out? I just want to know what I am missing here. I read it but still don't have a clue what any of it means.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:46 am

So...we don't want to propagandize in eduction? I thought that was the criticism?

Yikes, this is a forthright, explicit statement of propaganda. One answer, our answer, no discussion allowed, with complete 'teeth' to hire and fire anyone who gets even close to a discussion, or is even suspected of such...

And we're talking higher education where exposure to contrary points of view is normally considered an essential part of the educational process...we're not talking about 2nd graders here...

This is partisan government, activist government, enacting extreme policies...the opposite of small c conservativism.

Fascist.

When I was in college, government major, we were exposed to Marxism, read Marx, had a few professors who espoused Marxist critiques of capitalism...didn't make us Marxists, but did enable us to think critically and to understand those perspectives. Understand the counterpoints, be able to think about those critiques and how to address them, constructively...of course, this sort of exposure assumed that we were capable of such analysis, not that we were automotons who needed to be told how to think so as to best serve the existing social structure...and not to question it.

... yup it is all of those things. It is also just the latest in Florida republiCON over-reach that is an admission they're losing the culture war. Just more chum for chumps and scumbags.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:46 am

Fascist.

I must be losing it MD. I took your advise and others and read it, still can't figure out what the hell it all says. I have a problem trying to read this kind of stuff. You find it fascinating I find it dull and monotonous. I'll try again to read it later after a fresh pot of coffee is made. In my defense I still read my dad's Audel carpenters guide quite a bit. I bet they would bore you silly as well. Do you understand the concept of laying out roof rafters with a framing square? Most people don't and could care less. If a subject doesn't interest you that is an obstacle that is hard to overcome.

Return to “POLITICS”