Brown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
The Orfling

Re: Brown 2023

Post by The Orfling »

Even with nine goals by D. McLane I think 6 points (1 g, 5 a) by a ssdm is in some ways even more notable -- great day for TYK.

Nice win for Bruno, good for the Ivy League to get the Sunday win after a rough Saturday.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Only caught Q1 & last half of Q4. Faceoffs😳👏👏👏
Looking at game stats, except for f/o and shots on goal (well... and score😉) pretty close. Bruno put many more of its shots on (and in👍) net, fortunately, as Theriault was 'just' 50%.
Since it wasn't espn+, I hope AE tv allows for replay.

Oh, nice to see #10 get some goals after quiet games.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:26 pm Only caught Q1 & last half of Q4. Faceoffs😳👏👏👏
Looking at game stats, except for f/o and shots on goal (well... and score😉) pretty close. Bruno put many more of its shots on (and in👍) net, fortunately, as Theriault was 'just' 50%.
Since it wasn't espn+, I hope AE tv allows for replay.

Oh, nice to see #10 get some goals after quiet games.
The McClane Brothers put on a show and Gunty on the X was awesome. Brown once again is a scary team that will do considerable damage in the Ivies again. Congrats as Vermont is no slouch.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Went to the game yesterday. I was surprised to see at one point that the shots were fairly even, it didn't feel that way. Gunty, TYK, Theriault, and McClane(s) were impressive. The Brown bench was fired up, loud from start to finish. I would've given the edge to UVM in those conditions (not sure if the broadcast showed how hard it was actually snowing, it was hard to see the orange ball). The UVM players were wearing white helmets, jerseys and shorts, they were hard to see, and I'd imagine it made it hard for them to see one another. There was a bit of a momentum shift in UVMs favor in the 3rd, but Brown came right back and snuffed it out. Burned some clock and let some new faces in as the clock wound down in the 4th.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

That was not a good look for UVM. As it turned out, it would have been safer to play the game in the cold on Saturday as originally scheduled. And why didn’t the facilities management crew at least attempt to clear more portions of the field? It’s Burlington, so I’m sure there were 30 snow shovels within a 400-yard radius of Virtue Field. A snow brigade of parents could have dramatically improved that surface during each stoppage in play. Better way to keep warm than just staying bundled up in the stands. Or maybe they should have hired the grandson of Mark Henderson, the convicted felon on a work release program who plowed a spot in the snow for the Patriots’ placekicker to boot the game winning field goal in 1982. Classic video below.
https://twitter.com/backaftathis/status ... 31776?s=21
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Turf field in Vermont and no Zamboni to remove the snow at halftime ?!
D. McLane might as well have been wearing white - Vt. never seemed to locate/
cover him…
Brown played like it was Senior Day with all the srs. letting it all hang out with abandon…am sure they
partied all the way back to Providence…
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

I understand that the answers are "tradition" and "laundry," but I will ask the question anyway: Why is Syracuse ranked well ahead of Brown this week? Both teams have only one win against a quality opponent -- Vermont. Syracuse struggled to a 7-5 win at home against the Cats, while Brown absolutely dominated UVM 22-12 up in Burlington.
Laxfan23

Post by Laxfan23 »

Why Syracuse over Brown? Think it is pretty obvious….Brown has a really bad loss. Losing to quinnipiac is a really bad loss. Syracuse lost twice but to Maryland (close) and to UNC. Those two losses against very good teams don't look quite as bad as a single loss to Quinnipiac. Plenty of games left to erase the significance of that loss but at only 2-1, do not lose to a Quinnipiac and expect it not to disproportionately affect your ranking?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Brown needs to come out and play a full 60 minutes versus Stony Brook. The BEars have struggled in the past playing on the Island at Lavalle Stadium. Let's go Brown State!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Stony Brook lost first 2, at Rutgers & PennState, won next 2 at home vs Air Force & Sacred Heart. Only the SHU game was within 3 goals. Last I saw SB +3.5; not a bettor I just hope the touts are right in thinking Bruno should be favored.
No espn+, the CAA is on flosports. Maybe a youtube feed?
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:34 am Stony Brook lost first 2, at Rutgers & PennState, won next 2 at home vs Air Force & Sacred Heart. Only the SHU game was within 3 goals. Last I saw SB +3.5; not a bettor I just hope the touts are right in thinking Bruno should be favored.

Here’s the link for streaming from SB fyi:

https://streamstak.com/lacrossetv/
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

RopeUnit wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:50 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:34 am Stony Brook lost first 2, at Rutgers & PennState, won next 2 at home vs Air Force & Sacred Heart. Only the SHU game was within 3 goals. Last I saw SB +3.5; not a bettor I just hope the touts are right in thinking Bruno should be favored.

Here’s the link for streaming from SB fyi:

https://streamstak.com/lacrossetv/
👍🏻
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Nice start, SB got some early clean f/o wins but got bupkis. Brown running a couple of sophs at mid I haven't seen much yet this year: 8 & 14. Not the closest camera position so tough, but has TYK played? No announcer notices, I can't tell yet.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

No D McLane either!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Odd game, 8-1 runs by both teams, good Brown recovery. Nice win without 2022 AA attackman & 2023 projected AA middie!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:19 pm No D McLane either!
What happened to him?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Announcers said they had no news from Brown officials. In a few brief closeups of the sideline I couldn't see anyone in sweats. If they didn't make the trip I'd assume illness because I'm pretty sure there would be word of major injury despite HIPPA. Just guessing, I'm no insider.
Mr. Webber

Post by Mr. Webber »

Reporting by Terry Foy of Inside Lacrosse suggests that it's at least in part a student conduct issue. Excellent job by the Brown players who stepped up to fill those vacated roster roles and the coaching staff for making adjustments.

https://twitter.com/TerenceFoy/status/1 ... 5638446081
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Jack Kelly has had a strong start to the season for Brown
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Mr. Webber wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:11 am Reporting by Terry Foy of Inside Lacrosse suggests that it's at least in part a student conduct issue. Excellent job by the Brown players who stepped up to fill those vacated roster roles and the coaching staff for making adjustments.

https://twitter.com/TerenceFoy/status/1 ... 5638446081
Yep, King DNP/CD also. 3 impact seniors. Any more? IDK.

Accountability matters.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”