ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LAXDADFERRUM

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by LAXDADFERRUM »

ChrisMartelisdaddy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:41 pm The ODAC is run by teams like Bridgewater, Ferrum and Averret, I mean we can throw Randolph a bone and include them. These teams have the most heart out and are undoubtedly the brick and mortar.
Finally someone to give us recognition❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Predictions for this weekends games
Lynchburg 10 Salisbury 9 - The Lynchburg D is tough. If they can get more possessions by winning faceoffs and control the tempo they they can win this game. It helps that they are at home.
Hampden Sydney 18 Greensboro 5 - I'm not sure why they would schedule this game.
Roanoke 12 John Carroll 11 - JC is a tournament team from last year and is loaded with upperclassmen. Noke finally wins a close game against a quality opponent.
Denison 12 W&L 10 - Traveling to Ohio is not easy. W&L has been a bit inconsistent and that will hurt them in this game.
Bridgewater 10 Berry 9
St.Marys 18 Shenandoah 7
d3dad6969

Post by d3dad6969 »

JustOneTime wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:42 am Predictions for this weekends games
Lynchburg 10 Salisbury 9 - The Lynchburg D is tough. If they can get more possessions by winning faceoffs and control the tempo they they can win this game. It helps that they are at home.
Hampden Sydney 18 Greensboro 5 - I'm not sure why they would schedule this game.
Roanoke 12 John Carroll 11 - JC is a tournament team from last year and is loaded with upperclassmen. Noke finally wins a close game against a quality opponent.
Denison 12 W&L 10 - Traveling to Ohio is not easy. W&L has been a bit inconsistent and that will hurt them in this game.
Bridgewater 10 Berry 9
St.Marys 18 Shenandoah 7
Can't see W&L losing this game
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

d3dad6969 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:38 am
Bridgewater 10 Berry 9
St.Marys 18 Shenandoah 7
Can't see W&L losing this game
I see W&L winning this game by at least 5
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Sounds like the pundits are already giving the Generals the ODAC crown and a final four birth. Would like to hear more of a breakdown of why the Generals win this one. Credit to W&L but I think York lost that game more than W&L won it. This game out at Denison is certainly no guarantee.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

HSC rolls

LYN by 2 at home. Should have game plan for both sides. LYN will win middle of the field. D need to give Hadley shots he can see. Hope to see Nestor vs. Nestor?

NOKE wins by 4. D needs to stay out of the box (this is a recording). Goud is the difference. Luke K figuring out the pressure and has a 5 point day.

W&L takes a win on the road by 3. FO @ 60%. Hubbard and the D came together last week. Burns gets more attention but shows he is their straw that stirs it all. The bench leaves their stylish cold weather full length jackets in Lexington..
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

MarionBarry wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:29 am Sounds like the pundits are already giving the Generals the ODAC crown and a final four birth. Would like to hear more of a breakdown of why the Generals win this one. Credit to W&L but I think York lost that game more than W&L won it. This game out at Denison is certainly no guarantee.
Not impressed with Denison. I expect them to lose the next three games
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

AbeFroeman wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:12 pm
MarionBarry wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:29 am Sounds like the pundits are already giving the Generals the ODAC crown and a final four birth. Would like to hear more of a breakdown of why the Generals win this one. Credit to W&L but I think York lost that game more than W&L won it. This game out at Denison is certainly no guarantee.
I think they beat St. Mary's but not too optimistic on W&L and Gettysburg.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

I like SMCM. The attack is on fire.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Fair appraisal of the W&L / York contest. York may have given W&L the opportunity to win credit W&L for executing when they had the chance. W&L had some blunders in the 4th and OT as well. I think the Denison game is too close to call. Boyd has yet to be tested in a big spot, this has been trial by fire.Koch knows W&L as well as the coaches on staff in Lexington. Not a huge advantage but it certainly helps. Denison does not like to play fast, get a lead, be strong at the dot and make them uncomfortable. They are well coached and poised with a lead. They also are 39 out of 47 on face offs. I’m hoping for a minimum of 50% from the Generals. Tyack and Fisher generate the offense. I’d hope our close D have a really strong day. I’d also look for Koch to test the young Ssdm early by inverting them. If W&L can play a clean game with fewer unforced turnovers I’d be hopeful. I’d also shorten the bench no more than 21 guys into the 4th qtr , 4th game of the year guys are in shape let’s go
LAXDADFERRUM

Post by LAXDADFERRUM »

Bridgewater 10 Berry 9
St.Marys 18 Shenandoah 7
Roanoke is not a finisher, they are a bunch of hotheads that will fold under pressure. John Carroll will live rent free in roanokes head all day. W&L gets off the bus hot as you know they have stayed in a 5 star hotel the night before and wins by 3. Hampden Sydney shouldn’t even be allowed to be seen to the public. Bridgewater will be more than a one goal game and they will come out on too. St. Mary’s is a generous score
WandL99

Post by WandL99 »

LAXDADFERRUM wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:17 pm
Bridgewater 10 Berry 9
St.Marys 18 Shenandoah 7
Roanoke is not a finisher, they are a bunch of hotheads that will fold under pressure. John Carroll will live rent free in roanokes head all day. W&L gets off the bus hot as you know they have stayed in a 5 star hotel the night before and wins by 3. Hampden Sydney shouldn’t even be allowed to be seen to the public. Bridgewater will be more than a one goal game and they will come out on too. St. Mary’s is a generous score
It sounds like you live under a rock dude. Roanoke easily have one of if not the best attackman in the ODAC in Kammerman. For the Generals they are playing some great lacrosse right now, I think it will be hard to stop. No need to make a comment about where we stay very stereotypical of you dude. There is no need for that whatsoever. HSC will steamroll Greensboro easily. I think Lynchburg and Salisbury will be a great game but the Guls have easily the best trio and D3 lacrosse easily. St. Mary’s easily beats Shenandoah.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

A good calibration game for Denison and W&L. If the Generals keep their offense on the upward trend I think they win, 13-9.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

BallHunt wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:26 pm
F

Not impressed with Denison. I expect them to lose the next three games.
A good calibration game for Denison and W&L. If the Generals keep their offense on the upward trend I think they win, 13-9.
Agree 100%. If the Generals play like they did in 2nd half vs York, entire game vs Catholic, and 4th quarter vs WAC, they should win. Unfortunately, Denison has been a hard game for the Generals of the years, especially in Granville, and their defense has looked good. Coach McCabe has put together a very nice run to start the season, Seniors mixed in with Freshmen, playing significant time and this has not happened that often in Lexington so this lifetime fan is hoping this great start continues on Sunday in Granville.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Rarely does Salisbury lose 2 games in a row. I’m thinking if Lynchburg can keep this within reach in the 4th they can take this. I’m betting on that first midline today to takeover the game late. Hornets will be buzzing today not an easy place to play
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:31 am Rarely does Salisbury lose 2 games in a row. I’m thinking if Lynchburg can keep this within reach in the 4th they can take this. I’m betting on that first midline today to takeover the game late. Hornets will be buzzing today not an easy place to play
Lynch up 5-2 at last glance. I wish Noke played more man and forced the Gulls to win one on ones. Playing zone ended with too many shorties closing out on step downs.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:31 am Rarely does Salisbury lose 2 games in a row. I’m thinking if Lynchburg can keep this within reach in the 4th they can take this. I’m betting on that first midline today to takeover the game late. Hornets will be buzzing today not an easy place to play
❤️🩹 Heartbreaking. Hornets played about as well as you can. Great job, I truly believed they had a really good shot at getting the win today. Great job guys,W& L fan!
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:22 pm
❤️🩹 Heartbreaking. Hornets played about as well as you can. Great job, I truly believed they had a really good shot at getting the win today. Great job guys,W& L fan!
The W or L doesn’t really matter this early in the season. A win would have been nicer, but I think the knowledge and confidence they gained from that game will help them in may. Lynchburg definitely outplayed SU in the first half. Great game to watch for York to prepare for next week
buhund

Post by buhund »

Lynchburg has been a tale of two halves the past two games.

- 1st half goals scored = 18
- 2nd half/OT goals scored = 8

- 1st half goals against = 6
- 2nd half/OT goals against = 17
richard

Post by richard »

Lunchbag lost that game. Period.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”