The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:17 pm As to the question, perhaps directed to me, it's indeed a highly problematic matter...but where I come down on it is that teachers shouldn't be trying to persuade kids to be anything in specific, they should simply respect the child's (or anyone else's) wishes to be addressed by whatever pronoun, gender they wish. Teachers should immediately bump the matter higher than themselves, however, as direct engagement with the student on these issues should be left to those trained and equipped to do so...but respect the kid's wishes in the meantime. As to the school communicating with the parent, I'm putting child safety first, so if a kid doesn't want the parents, or one parent, not to know, respect that as a signal...

As to my "rights" as a parent, I exercise my opportunity to earn the respect of my children as I raise them...if they don't trust me with such issues, that's on me for having failed to earn that trust.
Yup, some gay and trans kids get beaten, abused and even murdered by their parents. And some are treated with dignity and respect.

It's obviously a more nuanced discussion regarding what and when parents need to be told if a kid approaches school staff in confidence, but some people want to boil it down to black and white.

And you're right, teachers aren't out there trying to persuade kids what gender they should be. 🤡. Although I'm sure there's one or two out of the millions of teachers that made some remark and someone will try to post a link saying "LOOK THEY'RE DOING IT"

As a parent, if your kid isn't telling you something as important as their core identity, you're doing something wrong.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:14 pm Odd dynamic in play right now.

The right has super sore feelings when real colonial history is exposed and reported. But they are often the ones calling people delicate snowflakes.
AND
The left does everything to ensure absolutely no one's feelings, culture or identities are trampled in today's world. Except for white culture.

:idea:
Help me here: what is "white culture?" I'm white, and wondering.
40 something guys like me in cargo shorts going “Wu Tang forever!”
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:09 pm
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:17 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:27 pm The war on public education is aimed at creating, exploiting and fund-raising off of cultural division. And the states are just the laboratories for "don't say gay," allegations of "grooming," elimination of uncomfortable history lessons, etc. And here, on a board supposedly devoted to lacrosse, we have posters who don't want their little flowers exposed to the historical trials of western expansion and the placing of Native Americans in camps. The campaign is "hate directed against anything that makes white culture uncomfortable.
If there is a war on public education, the educators/school boards fired the first shot. Parents being concerned with educators doing the following created the push back, which I would not call a war but a reassertion of parental rights::

- Telling kids the world will end in ten years because of climate change.
- Sexualizing kids before they have reached the age where they could understand. Not teaching physics to second graders, are they?
- The whole trans movement and telling little kids to question their gender. Then purposefully keeping it from parents.
- Racializing everything to the point where kids hate each other.
Do you have kids in K-12? None of this is happening in my daughter's school.
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:17 pm If you're an adult, anything you do sexually with another consenting adult is none of my business. Leave the kids out of it.
Then why did they have school dances when you and I were kids? I had one in 7th grade, FFS.

I took Home Economics in HS. The female teacher pulled me aside after the first day, demanding to know why I was in the class. I was the only male.

What business was it of hers to decide that I can't take that class because I'm a man? Yet she did it.

We've been indoctrinating our kids in Schools to fit into societal norms since public (and private) schools were invented. Girls pushed away from STEM by teachers was perfectly normal in the 50's and 60's....and later, in many schools. No one thought to complain.

This is not a new thing. The only difference is, kids now learn that not everyone is heterosexual. They weren't taught that when you and I were in school. But we WERE taught about sex ed, birds and bees, heterosexual-ONLY when we were kids. That's "indoctrination", too. And straight kids were the ones that were taught to "hate each other", as you put it. In this case: hate the gays.

Can't have it both ways. It's like gay marriage. The REAL problem there? Americans CHOSE to involve the government as to who can and can't get married. If they would have left the .gov out of it altogether, and left it up to Churches? We'd be all set from the get-go. Instead, we CHOSE to use the State to FORCE citizens to do as the State wanted, instead of allowing the people to do whatever they d*mn well pleased....which is a VERY conservative value.

If you wanted to keep sex or sexual orientation out of schools? Don't have school dances. Don't teach about families. Don't literally teach Sex Ed.

We did ALL of these things at school when you and I were kids. Everyone survived. Well....most of them did......
There’s a lot of claims being made in the abstract or repeating the inter web dude.

By the way I like the strategic move to go to the class the honeys were at.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:15 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:48 pm I thought it was quite obvious. To even ask the question implies the basic understanding of who benefits from this type of logic
Is the answer Pedophiles? Because that's what you appear to be saying.

But my question is: why did you put this in the "Hate Directed at the LGBTQ" thread?
Because I did not want to start a Pedophile thread and there are plenty of posts in this thread, and others, about children.
Just guessing, but I think TLD's point re "Banner of Heaven" might be that you may have as understandably put this in the Religion in America thread as this one.

Huge amount of pedophilia been perpetrated by those with religious authority. Right?

Pedophilia is NOT, however, more associated with LGBTQ+ relative to "heterosexual" or "cisgender".

Mostly about power. Like rape, mostly about power.
Yes. I believe a coach is just as likely to be a pedophile as a homosexual. Not sure what being a homosexual has to do with pedophilia. My 7th grade basketball coach turned out to be a pedophile.

If YA is concerned with pedophiles, he should look beyond homosexuals and lesbians. “Straight” guys rape little girls every day.
You play BB with Jim Carroll at Catholic school in NYC?

And yes, there was a guy who was a judge in Al we all
Discussed who was cursing for 14-15yr olds at the mall running for office and seen as credible in that state.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jumbo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:06 pm
Jumbo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:15 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:48 pm I thought it was quite obvious. To even ask the question implies the basic understanding of who benefits from this type of logic
Is the answer Pedophiles? Because that's what you appear to be saying.

But my question is: why did you put this in the "Hate Directed at the LGBTQ" thread?
Because I did not want to start a Pedophile thread and there are plenty of posts in this thread, and others, about children.
Just guessing, but I think TLD's point re "Banner of Heaven" might be that you may have as understandably put this in the Religion in America thread as this one.

Huge amount of pedophilia been perpetrated by those with religious authority. Right?

Pedophilia is NOT, however, more associated with LGBTQ+ relative to "heterosexual" or "cisgender".

Mostly about power. Like rape, mostly about power.
Yes. I believe a coach is just as likely to be a pedophile as a homosexual. Not sure what being a homosexual has to do with pedophilia. My 7th grade basketball coach turned out to be a pedophile.

If YA is concerned with pedophiles, he should look beyond homosexuals and lesbians. “Straight” guys rape little girls every day.
I don’t know the stats on this. But most stories I hear about pedophilia is men molesting little boys. Cub scouts, ulter boys, coaches etc. yes , it happens to little girls also. But seems the majority of the time it is little boys molested by men.

And for those that think teachers should have authority to talk to kids about gender, and keep conversations private from parents. Do you also feel teachers should be talking kids out of being gay, or trans, and not telling the parents ? Or should parents only be involved when a straight teacher is trying to convince a boy that he is a boy?
We should be concerned with all threats to children….maybe you should homeschool yours, Jumbo Shrimp.

Objective: To determine if recognizably homosexual adults are frequently accused of the sexual molestation of children.

Design: Chart review of medical records of children evaluated for sexual abuse.

Setting: Child sexual abuse clinic at a regional children's hospital.

Patients: Patients were 352 children (276 girls and 76 boys) referred to a subspecialty clinic for the evaluation of suspected child sexual abuse. Mean age was 6.1 years (range, 7 months to 17 years).

Data collected: Charts were reviewed to determine the relationships of the children to the alleged offender, the sex of the offender, and whether or not the alleged offender was reported to be gay, lesbian, or bisexual.

Results: Abuse was ruled out in 35 cases. Seventy-four children were allegedly abused by other children and teenagers less than 18 years old. In 9 cases, an offender could not be identified. In the remaining 269 cases, two offenders were identified as being gay or lesbian. In 82% of cases (222/269), the alleged offender was a heterosexual partner of a close relative of the child. Using the data from our study, the 95% confidence limits, of the risk children would identify recognizably homosexual adults as the potential abuser, are from 0% to 3.1%. These limits are within current estimates of the prevalence of homosexuality in the general community.

Conclusions: The children in the group studied were unlikely to have been molested by identifiably gay or lesbian people.
Hey typical lax gal, I wonder if boys are less likely to come forward. And yes, I will take your advice and keep my children away from you. Thanks for the advice
You acknowledge not having actual information and make a claim then ignore the data. Excellent!

Can we stereotype again please?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:17 pm As to the question, perhaps directed to me, it's indeed a highly problematic matter...but where I come down on it is that teachers shouldn't be trying to persuade kids to be anything in specific, they should simply respect the child's (or anyone else's) wishes to be addressed by whatever pronoun, gender they wish. Teachers should immediately bump the matter higher than themselves, however, as direct engagement with the student on these issues should be left to those trained and equipped to do so...but respect the kid's wishes in the meantime. As to the school communicating with the parent, I'm putting child safety first, so if a kid doesn't want the parents, or one parent, not to know, respect that as a signal...

As to my "rights" as a parent, I exercise my opportunity to earn the respect of my children as I raise them...if they don't trust me with such issues, that's on me for having failed to earn that trust.
Yup, some gay and trans kids get beaten, abused and even murdered by their parents. And some are treated with dignity and respect.

It's obviously a more nuanced discussion regarding what and when parents need to be told if a kid approaches school staff in confidence, but some people want to boil it down to black and white.

And you're right, teachers aren't out there trying to persuade kids what gender they should be. 🤡. Although I'm sure there's one or two out of the millions of teachers that made some remark and someone will try to post a link saying "LOOK THEY'RE DOING IT"

As a parent, if your kid isn't telling you something as important as their core identity, you're doing something wrong.
What if you have a strong willed 8yr old daughter who’s always telling you exactly what’s important to her core identity and you don’t weve her very need all the time she melts down?

Asking for a friend.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:41 am

The right has super sore feelings when real colonial history is exposed and reported. But they are often the ones calling people delicate snowflakes.
AND
The left does everything to ensure absolutely no one's feelings, culture or identities are trampled in today's world. Except for white culture.

Hah! Not a culture I am in a hurry to protect.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:58 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:41 am

AND

Hah! Not a culture I am in a hurry to protect.
Speak for yourself. I like the airy feeling and mobility for certain parts of cargo shorts.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republican attacks gays and transgenders but is found to be dressed in drag:

Tennessee governor appears to have dressed in drag, an art form he wants to restrict
Gov. Bill Lee, a Republican, is set to sign a bill limiting where and in front of whom drag performances can take place.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pol ... -rcna72569

By the time Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee confirmed Monday that he would sign a recently passed bill criminalizing drag performances in public and in front of children, a photo that appears to show him dressed in drag as a high school student had already started to circulate on Reddit and Twitter.

Just before midnight Saturday, a Reddit user shared an image that appears to show Lee as a high school student wearing a short-skirted cheerleader’s uniform, a pearl necklace and a wig, posing on a school sports field next to two girls in men’s suits. The caption says, “Governor Bill Lee in drag (1977 high school yearbook).”

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/imag ... 7f1c06.jpg

so very typical of right wingers in this society

more ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:25 pm Republican attacks gays and transgenders but is found to be dressed in drag:

Tennessee governor appears to have dressed in drag, an art form he wants to restrict
Gov. Bill Lee, a Republican, is set to sign a bill limiting where and in front of whom drag performances can take place.

By the time Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee confirmed Monday that he would sign a recently passed bill criminalizing drag performances in public and in front of children, a photo that appears to show him dressed in drag as a high school student had already started to circulate on Reddit and Twitter.

Just before midnight Saturday, a Reddit user shared an image that appears to show Lee as a high school student wearing a short-skirted cheerleader’s uniform, a pearl necklace and a wig, posing on a school sports field next to two girls in men’s suits. The caption says, “Governor Bill Lee in drag (1977 high school yearbook).”

more ...
Nice try. I dressed as a nurse one Halloween, hair sticking out of white stockings and all. Doesn't mean I'm a drag queen. In fact, my wife was getting a bit upset at all the girls coming up to me in Fells Point that night. It didn't help that when they said they didn't feel well that I asked them to take off their clothes so I could examine them. Notice the boots on Governor Lee? Not official drag queen garb.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:20 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:25 pm Republican attacks gays and transgenders but is found to be dressed in drag:

more ...
Nice try. I dressed as a nurse one Halloween, hair sticking out of white stockings and all. Doesn't mean I'm a drag queen. In fact, my wife was getting a bit upset at all the girls coming up to me in Fells Point that night. It didn't help that when they said they didn't feel well that I asked them to take off their clothes so I could examine them. Notice the boots on Governor Lee? Not official drag queen garb.
I'm a little confused ;)
You're cool with criminalizing drag in public?
Or you just want to lock up drag "queens"?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:12 am

more ...
I'm a little confused ;)
If one dresses like a woman then one is a drag queen. An obvious cry out. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.
NattyBohChamps04

Dude was doing drag in front of impressionable underage kids to boot. Lock him up.

Also, "get it to x" is apparently an expert on what is and isn't drag queen/king garb. Who would have known?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:50 am Dude was doing drag in front of impressionable underage kids to boot. Lock him up.

Also, "get it to x" is apparently an expert on what is and isn't drag queen/king garb. Who would have known?
What is a “drag king”? I must be late to the party.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:12 am

more ...
I'm a little confused ;)
If one dresses like a woman then one is a drag queen. An obvious cry out. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.
It ain’t gay in prison!

Maybe he likes using gloryholes, closing his eyes and believing the scratchy feeling is just the wood not smoothed out?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:18 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:50 am Dude was doing drag in front of impressionable underage kids to boot. Lock him up.

Fashionably late no doubt.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/16/93/9b ... 321c2a.gif
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

get it to x wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:18 am

A drag king is someone who is dressing up as a man. Like the girls in the photo with the Governor.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:30 am

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/16/93/9b ... 321c2a.gif
I go for the neither sex look. Sweats, a tee and sneakers. Better to leave them guessing. :o :o I sometimes go for '76's "Greenspring Valley" look. Loafers (no socks), Seersucker shorts, button-down Oxford shirt, Repp tie and a blue blazer.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/525513850281466984/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:49 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 pm Is this what they ultimately want?

https://twitter.com/_barringtonii/statu ... p6_4JgXSkQ
Who is "they"?

Pedophiles?

I watched what this guy is saying and understood him as being clear that "most" such events are abuse, but that people should not attempt to dissuade an adult looking back from saying that they had consented from being emotionally ok with that.

I disagree as I think the 9 year old never truly had independent 'consent', the event is by definition abuse; I don't want the now adult to be damaged emotionally today by being forced to admit that such consent was not given, but I think it is far, far more likely that such current belief is merely repression for the abuse that actually happened. A 9 year old's brain is simply not developed to make such consent with full understanding.

But I don't see him as saying he ("they") want pedopholes to not be considered abusers.

Putting that aside, I do think young adults can and do consent to one another to have sex and none of that is automatically abuse. Teenage brains do not process risk tolerance as well as adult brains do, and hormones are ranging, so "consent" is not well-informed, but it's not abuse. The only instances of abuse is where there's a real power imbalance between them.
So what then are you saying? You might want to re-listen a bit more intently. Seems like you are giving the pedophile a reprieve, because the 9 y/o said go for it at the time. I am sure all those pedophiles in prison hoped they could persuade those they abused to say "I consented" so they would not be in prison.

Not sure how you even found a way to begin justifying this.

It is never consensual for a child, ever.
.... what in the heck are you talking about??? There is no context to the video to reference this to pedophiles in prison. The only thing being stated here is life is messy and one size does not fit all. There is no attempt to justify, it is a statement of fact.

:roll: :roll:

... it is akin to getting spun up over purple M&Ms'.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”