Hobart 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxgunea

Re: Hobart 2023

Post by Laxgunea »

And speaking of Madonna, Derek put up 4 in Richmonds first game. He and his brother combined for 5 on Saturday. Wish we had them both. Also as solid characters and team leaders. Great family.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:05 am
Ketch wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:44 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:38 pm Cold, wet, and snowy tonight. Low 40s tomorrow. Cooling towards night. Better conditions than Colgate, but still crappy lacrosse weather. Would love a surprise victory, but expecting a schooling.
Still think this will get moved inside given the storm. OBM, a white ball is imo better against that blue bubble background than an orange one. Better yet would be a lime colored ball. Lighting is fine.

Listened to the podcast. Between the lines it sounded like Coach Raymond was none too pleased with the Colgate coaching staff. They are a good rival, but it’s still time to move on. Binghamton is still there.
Agree on the green ball. Binghamton brings us nothing. See this season's scrimmage. Also no help on SOS and RPI. Albany or Bucknell as others have suggested, would be a better addition. Cornell will be a test that I don't think we are ready for. I want to be dead wrong. We will see how well our D and more specifically our goalie perform under heavy fire. It looks more and more to me that Herlihy is running the same role Madonna did the past 2 seasons. While his shooting needs a tune up, 3 assists v Gate is something I was glad to see. We'll need 2 solid midfields tomorrow as Cornell will make it a track meet compared to our first 3 games. We have a punchers chance.
Sticking with the metaphor we should be Mickey Ward and they can be Arturo Gatti. (I would personally choose Gattis wife abs the Brazilian police but that’s only if necessary)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:14 am And speaking of Madonna, Derek put up 4 in Richmonds first game. He and his brother combined for 5 on Saturday. Wish we had them both. Also as solid characters and team leaders. Great family.
Hoping Derrek takes his brother for a weekend camping trip over the day of the Bart game.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Latest pod is up:

https://hwsathletics.com/podcasts/hobar ... ode-55/133

Hope we compete and acquit ourselves well tonight.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bring them the little brother of war today!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Anyone know if this evening's game is being played inside or outside?
Predicted temp of 38 and holding at game time, 3% chance of precipitation.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

5 PM EST. Cornell @ Hobart. No cost.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

DMac wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:10 am Anyone know if this evening's game is being played inside or outside?
Predicted temp of 38 and holding at game time, 3% chance of precipitation.
I asked an "insider" and he said they won't know for sure "for a bit". I think it'll depend on conditions closer to face-off. That said I think they should play it on the Boz. I know Coach Ray loves the dome, but the Boz could be an advantage tbh. We need to take whatever we can get going up against #3 in the nation.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Boz is confirmed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

DMac wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:08 pmThanks.
From the Weather Channel. Anticipated temperature at game time: 38 degrees. Partly sunny, 3% chance of precipitation.

Really, no comparison to the conditions in Hamilton.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, in the Dome either. ;)
BigHoss

Post by BigHoss »

Interestingly enough, Cornell is vulnerable. Michael Long hasn’t played (their X attackman), and their offense hasn’t been nearly as electric as last year’s to this point. The question becomes, can we limit Kirst. It seems as though the other team’s best player ALWAYS goes off against us. Kirst is top 5 in the country easily. I feel you slide early to him and try to get the ball out of his stick. He’s a creator, not necessarily a great passer. Adler will be following Anthony around, so we’ll need secondary scoring to emerge. It would be a great day to have Peterkin assert himself.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Peterkin and Bach. Bach should drive and shoot on his first north/south run. At the least, get it their minds that he will do it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Will need to make them feel like our 4th - 7th offensive threat is worth closely guarding. Whoever those are. If they can consistently double Dattellas, Herlihy and Simas without worrying about Delano, Greene, Rosa, Peterkin & Bach were cooked.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Wonder who CU will have Adler cover? Dattelas or Simas or Herlihy? He's a nasty 1v1 cover guy for he's relative small stature..
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:49 pm Wonder who CU will have Adler cover? Dattelas or Simas or Herlihy? He's a nasty 1v1 cover guy for he's relative small stature..
I would guess Herlihy who could be taken completely out va him being overdue for a 5G game and let #2 take Dattellas. Won’t be Simas I don’t think.
BigHoss

Post by BigHoss »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:02 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:49 pm Wonder who CU will have Adler cover? Dattelas or Simas or Herlihy? He's a nasty 1v1 cover guy for he's relative small stature..
I would guess Herlihy who could be taken completely out va him being overdue for a 5G game and let #2 take Dattellas. Won’t be Simas I don’t think.
I don’t agree. Johnny hasn’t been as effective as he’s capable of. Anthony has been absolutely lethal. 77 will be on Anthony in my mind without question. Johnny and Simas are high volume shooters, and Datellas is the engine of the offense.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:43 am 5 PM EST. Cornell @ Hobart. No cost.
Thanks
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

They threw a flag for interference but it was a running restart..

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”