Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:25 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:10 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:28 pm “Academic studies and a 2018 Washington Post project show that arrests for these crimes are the least likely to happen in the pockets of US cities – such as Oakland, Baltimore and Indianapolis – where Black residents are most often killed.

Homicides of young Black and Latino men are the most likely to be left unsolved, said David Bjerk, the Russell Bock professor of Public Economics at Claremont McKenna College in California, while “other demographics have not seen the same or as notable declines”.

In a study published in July 2022, Bjerk found that the clearance rate for the homicides of “minority” men was 15-30 percentage points lower than that of any other racial demographic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... don-cheese
What is your point?
How do police solve a crime in a community that does not want to talk with or be seen talking to a cop, often out of fear of retaliation?

This part of the article is so accurate and buried in the middle with very little further explnation.
“You hear every cop saying, ‘We can’t do better because they don’t cooperate,’” said John Skaggs, a retired homicide detective for the Los Angeles police department who has more than two decades of policing experience. “But these young cops don’t know how to talk to people and get them to cooperate.”

From the retired Homicide Cop they reference in the article you cited...

We often hear that public mistrust of the police is a big problem, and contributes to rising crime. Ghettoside talks a lot about problems with witnesses not cooperating. Do you think the problem is mistrust of the police, fear of retaliation, or both?

Sadly, your question deals with issues in high crime areas. In high crime areas, rule number one on the streets is “don’t snitch,” and don’t cooperate with the police. I did not encounter many people that truly did not trust the police and most of my career was in South-Central and Watts. To the opposite, they were afraid of the criminal element in their area enforcing rule number one. My biggest police supporters were from these high-crime neighborhoods, yet they couldn’t put a sign in their yard that says, “I Love LAPD.” They would be confronted or have their home vandalized. Even the criminal element is not afraid of the police. They are afraid the police will do their jobs correctly and vigorously.
Hmm, maybe we need better police officers?

“But these young cops don’t know how to talk to people and get them to cooperate.” -- your "find".

Regardless, are you suggesting that the issue is insoluble and therefore we will accept it? Maybe that induces an increasing level of lawlessness? Further erosion of the rule of law? That good with you? Nice problem-solving.
You can talk to people on your patrol beat until your blue in the face. IMO the police do a good job of talking to people. When these folks start feeling tweaky about talking to a police officer in a public place the rule in the hood takes priority... don't cooperate with five O and never, ever, never snitch, unless you don't care about your family members paying the price. The issue is unsolvable as long as the rules on the street predominate. Fear and intimidation and the threat of physical violence are pretty strong motivation factors.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:28 pm “Academic studies and a 2018 Washington Post project show that arrests for these crimes are the least likely to happen in the pockets of US cities – such as Oakland, Baltimore and Indianapolis – where Black residents are most often killed.

Homicides of young Black and Latino men are the most likely to be left unsolved, said David Bjerk, the Russell Bock professor of Public Economics at Claremont McKenna College in California, while “other demographics have not seen the same or as notable declines”.

In a study published in July 2022, Bjerk found that the clearance rate for the homicides of “minority” men was 15-30 percentage points lower than that of any other racial demographic.

What is your point?
How do police solve a crime in a community that does not want to talk with or be seen talking to a cop, often out of fear of retaliation?

This part of the article is so accurate and buried in the middle with very little further explnation.
“You hear every cop saying, ‘We can’t do better because they don’t cooperate,’” said John Skaggs, a retired homicide detective for the Los Angeles police department who has more than two decades of policing experience. “But these young cops don’t know how to talk to people and get them to cooperate.”

We often hear that public mistrust of the police is a big problem, and contributes to rising crime. Ghettoside talks a lot about problems with witnesses not cooperating. Do you think the problem is mistrust of the police, fear of retaliation, or both?

Sadly, your question deals with issues in high crime areas. In high crime areas, rule number one on the streets is “don’t snitch,” and don’t cooperate with the police. I did not encounter many people that truly did not trust the police and most of my career was in South-Central and Watts. To the opposite, they were afraid of the criminal element in their area enforcing rule number one. My biggest police supporters were from these high-crime neighborhoods, yet they couldn’t put a sign in their yard that says, “I Love LAPD.” They would be confronted or have their home vandalized. Even the criminal element is not afraid of the police. They are afraid the police will do their jobs correctly and vigorously.

“But these young cops don’t know how to talk to people and get them to cooperate.” -- your "find".

Regardless, are you suggesting that the issue is insoluble and therefore we will accept it? Maybe that induces an increasing level of lawlessness? Further erosion of the rule of law? That good with you? Nice problem-solving.
What else could change, rather than blaming the police at every opportunity?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:23 am

What is your point?

You can talk to people on your patrol beat until your blue in the face. IMO the police do a good job of talking to people. When these folks start feeling tweaky about talking to a police officer in a public place the rule in the hood takes priority... don't cooperate with five O and never, ever, never snitch, unless you don't care about your family members paying the price. The issue is unsolvable as long as the rules on the street predominate. Fear and intimidation and the threat of physical violence are pretty strong motivation factors.
Thanks. Remind me again, are you a crip, blood or Latin king?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:19 am

What is your point?

Four Corner Hustler
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:16 am

What is your point?

Four Corner Hustler
Smalley Bigz

Zee J
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What is your point?

None of the above Skippy, keep guessing though.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:38 am

What is your point?

Somebody who talks about Street and gang life without having any actual knowledge or understanding of it???

Pretty sure I nailed it there.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:19 am

What is your point?

Four Corner Hustler
Smalley Bigz

Zee J
Sexed in.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:19 am

What is your point?

What else could change, rather than blaming the police at every opportunity?
That seems like a reasonable question.
What do you suggest could help (other than blaming the fear people have of reprisals)?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:19 am

What is your point?

Four Corner Hustler
Smalley Bigz

Zee J
Sexed in.
I think that’s exclusively a prison gang.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:58 am

What is your point?

Somebody who talks about Street and gang life without having any actual knowledge or understanding of it???

Sorry Skippy you didn't nail anything. There is a good chance you may have hit your thumb with the hammer though. :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:08 am

What is your point?

Sorry Skippy you didn't nail anything. There is a good chance you may have hit your thumb with the hammer though. :D
No I nailed it. Remember I'm not the one here between the two of us who is the hammer that sees everything as a nail...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:34 am

What is your point?

No I nailed it. Remember I'm not the one here between the two of us who is the hammer that sees everything as a nail...
Concurrently heretofore cradleandshoot will be more commonly referenced to be known as MC Shootcraps.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What is your point?

Nope, nope, nope... Wrong again Skippy. You need to preface your comment with In My Opinion. That is after all what this forum is all about... people expressing their opinions. I have one advantage over you. Give me a hammer and a nail and I know what to do with them. If we give you a hammer and a nail the forum will get a 50 paragraph diatribe about the relationship between the hammer and the nail and how that effects the next business deal your working on. :D :D FTR do you know how to toenail into a stud???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDHLZkQknA
He is cheating because he is using screws... :D

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/woodworkin ... to-toenail here is some old school nailing for you FFG... :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:41 am

What is your point?

Concurrently heretofore cradleandshoot will be more commonly referenced to be known as MC Shootcraps.
Just call me old snake eyes buckwheat...
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:59 pm

What is your point?

Oh’Tay.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seems like a cool thing to say these days: https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/ ... 79721?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:03 pm

What is your point?

Oh’Tay.
Oy vey
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:16 pm

What is your point?

Oh’Tay.
Oy vey
Do your thing
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:16 pm

What is your point?

Oh’Tay.
Oy vey
Do your thing
Do what you wanna do...
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”