ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
AbeFroeman

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by AbeFroeman »

boredatwork wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:42 am
AbeFroeman wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:59 am Not seeing streaming options for Roanoke or Sydney game. Anyone have links?
HSC live stream

https://boxcast.tv/view/hampden-sydney ... ilcyxnobcv
Thanks. I just found it on their page.
noonan5

Post by noonan5 »

Stream not working on boxcast
d3dad6969

Post by d3dad6969 »

Is the Hampden Sydney link working for anyone?
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Is anyone at the Roanoke game? Following by play by play is torture!
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

d3dad6969 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:25 pm Is the Hampden Sydney link working for anyone?
Not working for me. And D1 lax streaming suck. So many different companies trying to charge monthly fees.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Not working.
HSC up 4-2 - 7 to half
NOKE just tied 4-4 -
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I got the second half of the HSC game and saw the Roanoke stats . HSC was in this, maybe struggled at the dot and Denison seemed to grab the 50/50 balls but HSC looked good overall. A Dickinson buddy told me that they were fortunate to get out of town w the W. I know both are losses but it just seems the ODAC might have 4 teams once again that are top 20. Good to see Roanoke have a really strong outing. Still think Lynchburg might be the best with W&L slightly behind them. You could argue that between W&L,HSC and Roanoke they are neck and neck coming down to whose fogo or goalie was hot that day. I hoping the W&L goalie matures quickly and can become the difference maker in a big situation. Looking forward to McCabe and Koch mixing it up this week. How about CNU and Cooks performance w 9 goals, awesome game. Thinking we are going to see some great ODAC games this year
Lawdawg100

Post by Lawdawg100 »

Way too early ODAC player of the year? Reply below.
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

Lawdawg100 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:05 pm Way too early ODAC player of the year? Reply below.
Patrick Saunders of HSC, word on the street is he is the next Sean Duffy
BallBucket

Post by BallBucket »

ConcordetoODAC wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:31 am
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:31 pm Anyone else see what just went down in Frederick??? Poor showing by the ODAC.
Meaningless February non-Conference game. Watch film, figure out issues and make adjustments before Conference games.
In the eyes of the Ball Bucket, all games are meaningful.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:05 am Good point on W&L thread re: spring break 2nd game could have led to let down. Freshman will benefit from the experience and grow. WAC looked improved which is a good thing for D3 but letting in 10 still has me questioning that D..
Denison away will be a barn burner against Koch. Will tell us a lot.. W&L 12-10 with Hubbard and Burns the difference.

LYN D on the other hand was stifling. They have the athletes and press hard all over the field.
They ran 4 SSDM as Sr. Cole Nestor still out.. #31 Freshman and sr. #25 as converted poles to SSDMs and will only improve. Darminio is all over the field, Zingo and Marindin give up very little, frustrating Cabrini into low angles or 12+ yards shots Hadley easier gobbled up for 20 saves..He is looking very good.
FO at Cabrini was very good. LYN only won 7 of 24 (actually 3 of 16 since each jumped 4x).
LYN freshman Attack #27 is very good but had another game missing / dropping wide open look passes. This is a very balanced offense.
2nd line mids. Freshman, Soph and Sr. and FO seem to weakness. Salisbury comes to Shellenburger where LYN is tough (except when W&L come over the hill…have to win the GB battle..
Thinking there may be a chemistry issue @ Sal. Can Coach Berkman bring back ball movement.. LYN sends the Gulls home with back to back losses 13
Kudos to a great performance by Lynchburg D. Cabrini switched goalies at half and was able to get some momentum but the damage was done. 4 goals from your rope unit and only 3 from 6v6 O isn't going to win you any games.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

The Lynchburg D is legit. A bunch of good athletes that really get after you. They are not afraid to press out. If their goalie continues his solid play then they will be tough to beat.
W&L is going to get better as the season goes on. They are playing a bunch of young guys that will improve. They did give up more goals than they wanted to an improved WC team. I suspect a slugfest when they travel to Denison this week.
Roanoke just needs to figure out how to get over the hump against a good team. They are knocking on the door to get back in the top 20 but enough is enough when it comes to losing games against the better competition.
HSC will give teams fits if they can improve at the face off dot.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

JustOneTime wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:27 am The Lynchburg D is legit. A bunch of good athletes that really get after you. They are not afraid to press out. If their goalie continues his solid play then they will be tough to beat.
W&L is going to get better as the season goes on. They are playing a bunch of young guys that will improve. They did give up more goals than they wanted to an improved WC team. I suspect a slugfest when they travel to Denison this week.
Roanoke just needs to figure out how to get over the hump against a good team. They are knocking on the door to get back in the top 20 but enough is enough when it comes to losing games against the better competition.
HSC will give teams fits if they can improve at the face off dot.
I watched the HSC game. They have bigger issues than faceoff. Too many mental issues. Bad passes. Dropped balls. And they seem vanilla. Also watched st Mary’s of MD. A comparable team. But they moved the ball well. And we’re creative in emo. Rostan should give childs a call and pick his brain
As of now. Still feb. I see W&L winning the ODAC. Lynchburg and Roanoke should be there in the final 4. That 4th spot will be a fight between HSC and RMC. There seems to be a gap between the top three, and the next two
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Re: Cabrini game for LYN. Cabrini homer here. Left at halftime (kids were complaining about the cold and it was hard to argue with the Hornets up 8-0).

LYN ran a sweep play out of a 2-2-2 and 2-3-1 what felt like 10-15 times the first half mostly for Wolfe right to left. IDK what the goalie was seeing, but he was sending the slide really late or not at all. Really weird to watch. You know the guy wants his left. Your defender is not sufficiently able to cut off the field. Send the slide. Cabrini keeper made a great play on a transition pass to the crease. It was like 6-0 then.

LYN keeper played lights out. Poles are aggressive and skilled positionally. Great communication on that side. Cabrini was settling for low angle outside shots. Ball movement was not there. Very few 1v1 matchups won to draw a slide. When the slide came no identification of the 2 and fill. They just tried to run through it. Lots of fixable stuff on the Cabrini side. But if athletically, they can't beat their man to get the play started, then they need to up the off ball movement and general decision making to spin the ball.

Cabrini's FO DiTrolio is a stud. I'm a fellow GV alum so I love seeing Jaguars in Blue and White. Kid's got great instincts and that wrestler mentality.

Lynchburg's parents/fans always travel well. Nice people. Wish you all the best the rest of the way!
Nothinbutthelax

Nice post MVP. Thank you!
Coach K demand the game be honored from players, parents, alumni. Like most coaches probably had to have some conversations ..
Lots learned by LYN vs Cabrini. Protecting a 8-0 lead can lead to tepid play.
Tough 1st line midfield to defend. Mitchell #1 is 1st team preseason AA who will dish if you slide to early.. #55 & #10 are converted attackmen so they will beat the shorty all day and swing the rock when doubled..

Must have been a heart breaker for NOKE. They are knocking on the door. Really looking forward to Conference play. lYN has to travel to both NOKE and W&L. Those games will be brawls!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Yeah man, some odd goal celebration choices by the Hornets, but what can you say?

Mitchell is a stud. Wolfe has a silky left hand. Def a pick your poison type offense.

I don't know Coach K at all. But if he and Colf keep scheduling each other, there has to be a ton of respect there.
Nothinbutthelax

Agree on both counts and add some sideline antics. Kids these days..
Good luck the rest of the way!
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

After being sick while watching that awful play by team off of exit 143, are we willing to admit Pilat needs to look in the mirror and ask if he still needs to be coaching this Roanoke team? Maybe look at Syracuse's Offensive Coordinator if they want to still hire an alumni, any thoughts?
Nothinbutthelax

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1rVz4J ... 6bwqUp3kog

Long episode but good D3 stuff if you don’t listen..
ODAC heavy starts around 1:20
W&L @ sixes. Agree Burns is a beast
Sell Dickinson maybe but not enough said about NOKE..
LYN upset prediction..
ChrisMartelisdaddy

Post by ChrisMartelisdaddy »

The ODAC is run by teams like Bridgewater, Ferrum and Averret, I mean we can throw Randolph a bone and include them. These teams have the most heart out and are undoubtedly the brick and mortar.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”