UVA v Harvard

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HooDat

Re: UVA v Harvard

Post by HooDat »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:33 am responding to you now flushing out my morning coffee. About what this reply is worth in my mind.
Flush it out of your system FFG - finster is the same guy who was trolling on the UVA thread demanding respect for the Crimson and warning all the uneducated UVA lacrosse fans that they had no idea what was on store for them.... :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HooDat wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:33 am responding to you now flushing out my morning coffee. About what this reply is worth in my mind.
Flush it out of your system FFG - finster is the same guy who was trolling on the UVA thread demanding respect for the Crimson and warning all the uneducated UVA lacrosse fans that they had no idea what was on store for them.... :roll:
I had a slice of pizza w jalepenos on it for lunch and leftover homeade chili for dinner last night too. It was a real "wet wipe" event.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
molo

Post by molo »

He was right in that UVA couldn’t have had any idea what was I store for them. Had that been a boxing match, the ref would have called it after 10 minutes. Keeping the home team under 30 may have been one of the best coaching jobs I can remember.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:11 pm He was right in that UVA couldn’t have had any idea what was I store for them. Had that been a boxing match, the ref would have called it after 10 minutes. Keeping the home team under 30 may have been one of the best coaching jobs I can remember.
Not to quibble, and I am saying this as a big fan of Byrne, but I think the UVA coaching staff is what kept UVA under 30.

Everyone but the waterboy played in the 4Q ..... (and I am not sure I didn't see him playing wing at one point ;) )

Finster

Post by Finster »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:05 pm
I had a slice of pizza w jalepenos on it for lunch and leftover homeade chili for dinner last night too. It was a real "wet wipe" event.

I haven’t been here that long but you are easily the least likeable poster here. Congrats?
Finster

Post by Finster »

You may not want to spike the football so quickly there, Chief. Like in life, it’s far more likely UVA isn’t as good nor Harvard as bad as one game suggests.

It never ceases to amaze that most teams’ fans thankfully are not representative of how awesome the same teams’ kids and coaches are.

A little humility from the UVA faithful is probably needed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:52 pm

I haven’t been here that long but you are easily the least likeable poster here. Congrats?
Damn you’ve ruined my week.

Everyone, this guy doesn’t like me. Looks like I’ll need to book a one way trip to Aokigahara now and you can go back to telling everyone how badly syracuse screwed up and Spallina is a bad kid.
Finster

Post by Finster »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:11 pm He was right in that UVA couldn’t have had any idea what was I store for them. Had that been a boxing match, the ref would have called it after 10 minutes. Keeping the home team under 30 may have been one of the best coaching jobs I can remember.

Not sure how to treat your post. You seem mostly to be a fair poster. I do think Tiffany kept the score down. He certainly didn’t keep his starters in that long.

But you do a disservice to your team by simultaneously denigrating another. If UVA meets Harvard again, it’s highly doubtful you’ll see the same score. I always preach respect for teams regardless of one’s emotions. At the very least, don’t put sports arrogance in writing.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:56 pm

Everyone, this guy doesn’t like me. Looks like I’ll need to book a one way trip to Aokigahara now and you can go back to telling everyone how badly syracuse screwed up and Spallina is a bad kid.

Unlikeable plus not too bright aren’t virtues, champ.

No one said Joey is a ‘bad kid’; what was pointed out was his celebrating by himself after a goal and not involving his teammates. He needs time to mature. That’s true for *some* posters here as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:02 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:56 pm

Unlikeable plus not too bright aren’t virtues, champ.

No one said Joey is a ‘bad kid’; what was pointed out was his celebrating by himself after a goal and not involving his teammates. He needs time to mature. That’s true for *some* posters here as well.
Just unsubscribe then. Jesus. It’s not that hard for such a mature person to do so I would think.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Finster wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:55 pm

You may not want to spike the football so quickly there, Chief. Like in life, it’s far more likely UVA isn’t as good nor Harvard as bad as one game suggests.

It never ceases to amaze that most teams’ fans thankfully are not representative of how awesome the same teams’ kids and coaches are.

If you look around, you will see that I said almost those exact words on the Poll thread. But you do you.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:37 pm

If you look around, you will see that I said almost those exact words on the Poll thread. But you do you.
Yes you did, and that's probably a very fair assessment.

My hunch is that this quite young Harvard team will be better as the season goes along (may have problems with defense, though, and Must have a tender do well).

On the other hand, I'm hoping that UVA really is this good and also improves over the course of the season. Need to get lucky on injuries.

On this particular game, my son, who has every reason to favor HU, also felt that the game score was up to UVA. Tough day for the Crimson.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:21 pm Yes you did, and that's probably a very fair assessment.
looking back - I actually said it on this thread. I assumed (given the hostility) that I must have said that on another thread, where the poster hadn't seen it.

I agree - Harvard will improve. This was their first game after all.

And as you say, I hope UVA does as well. But that ball movement in the first half was other-worldly. If they improve on that, it will be a fun season to be a UVA fan!

FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

HooDat wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:21 pm Yes you did, and that's probably a very fair assessment.
looking back - I actually said it on this thread. I assumed (given the hostility) that I must have said that on another thread, where the poster hadn't seen it.

And as you say, I hope UVA does as well. But that ball movement in the first half was other-worldly. If they improve on that, it will be a fun season to be a UVA fan!
With the way Lars has his teams play, it should be fun to be a UVA fan without that much improvement in ball movement! Until proven otherwise, the Hoos are the #1 team in the land, although it seems unlikely that they (or anyone else) will be as dominant as last year's Terps.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:03 pm

With the way Lars has his teams play, it should be fun to be a UVA fan without that much improvement in ball movement! Until proven otherwise, the Hoos are the #1 team in the land, although it seems unlikely that they (or anyone else) will be as dominant as last year's Terps.
I'm not trying to ignite a brush fire, but if UVA somehow managed to run the table, they would have accomplished the feat without a heavy reliance on the transfer portal.
molo

Post by molo »

Running the table would require beating both Duke and ND twice. Rest of the schedule is not exactly a cakewalk with maybe one exception.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Pot meet kettle………… I don’t see any Virginia fans gloating besides pointing out your original pre game comments which hardly could be described as humble. Sure sounded like smack talk to me. Ps, Far From Geneva, can speak for himself, but think he is a Hofstra fan, not a Virginia fan. Good luck on the rest of your season.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:28 pm
FannOLax wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:03 pm

I'm not trying to ignite a brush fire, but if UVA somehow managed to run the table, they would have accomplished the feat without a heavy reliance on the transfer portal.
If your definition excludes the acquisition of an all-american, #1 NLL draft pick national team midfielder, sure
Finster

Post by Finster »

blue angels wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Pot meet kettle………… I don’t see any Virginia fans gloating besides pointing out your original pre game comments which hardly could be described as humble. Sure sounded like smack talk to me. Ps, Far From Geneva, can speak for himself, but think he is a Hofstra fan, not a Virginia fan. Good luck on the rest of your season.

You might be too sensitive then. It wasn’t smack talk. I don’t do that sh*t.

I didn’t care who won the game. I have no real affiliation with either team other than I know some coaches and and parents, but at the end of the day, I just like good close lacrosse games when I travel to see them in person. My advice to UVA fans here was to not overlook Harvard, whom I think has a better team than their showing.

In any event, after seeing UVA, I’m not sure there’s another team that can beat them this year. There is only one avenue to have that chance and that’s at the faceoff. Lasalla does not dominate like Weirman, so an opponent better find a way to get at least 60% to win.

I’d also shadow Shellenberger, just remove him from the game. You’ll open it up for Dickson and Cormier and the middies like Connor, but that’s a gamble you have to take. If UVA has the ball 50%+ in the game, and Shellenberger/Dickson are allowed to operate freely, from what I see, no other team is beating them this year. Those two kids have insanely good field IQ, they make everyone around them so much better. I bet each of those two has a remarkably high shooting percentage? Shellenberger is the key though. You must get him out of the offense to have a chance to beat UVA.

One team that could get to UVA could be Maryland. With Weirman and Makar, plus Ajax, they have the tools. Just not sold Maryland will meet UVA in the tournament.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Ha. Farfromhempstead. Enthusiastic poster.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”