All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
get it to x

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:40 pm
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:28 pm You're the party of big government
Trump made the government 66% bigger in four years. Four years. That's insane. Did you complain? Did the Tea Party reassemble, and march?

As for your freeloader comment...how do you think the lights are on in rural America right now. It's not local and State spending. It's Federal.

That's why your party makes the Federal government larger every chance they get. They cannot survive without all that borrowed money....given away freely.

Obama cut spending two years in a row with the sequester. Republicans screamed bloody murder about it, if you'll recall. "Hollowed out military" and other charges.

I've said this many times: the last Republican that cut spending from one year to another was Eisenhower. So where'd you get the idea that the Republican Party was the party of small government?
Presidents control spending? That's a new one on me. I thought congress had the power of the purse. BTW, what was the "Trump" number if you take out all of the Covid relief programs? Total to date is @ $4.5 Trillion so figure $2 Trillion.

Here is 2020.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/57170

If you look at the bottom four items, that totals more than $2 Trillion. Not sure what "Other" is comprised of, but even without that it it's close to $1.3 Trillion.

Here is Covid spending

https://www.usaspending.gov/disaster/co ... licLaw=all

Budget in 2017 was $4.0 Trillion with a $665 Billion deficit.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53624

Budget in 2023 is $6.2 Trillion with a deficit of over $1.4 Trillion

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58946#_idTextAnchor004

Not one Republican voted for the dishonestly named "Inflation Reduction Act", which is basically the Green New Deal.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It would be a "new one on" you...economist that you are...

Trump didn't sign those spending bills?
Ohhh...he must have vetoed them, right?
What was the vote on all those spending bills?...did all or a majority of Republicans vote against them???

Did Trump... and the GOP controlled Senate and House cut taxes for corporations and high income individuals?

Before 2020 and Covid: https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/spending-has ... dent-trump
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:26 pm
Trump made the government 66% bigger in four years. Four years. That's insane. Did you complain? Did the Tea Party reassemble, and march?

As for your freeloader comment...how do you think the lights are on in rural America right now. It's not local and State spending. It's Federal.

That's why your party makes the Federal government larger every chance they get. They cannot survive without all that borrowed money....given away freely.

Obama cut spending two years in a row with the sequester. Republicans screamed bloody murder about it, if you'll recall. "Hollowed out military" and other charges.

I've said this many times: the last Republican that cut spending from one year to another was Eisenhower. So where'd you get the idea that the Republican Party was the party of small government?
some guy on the internet
Do you see this coming from a Dem? You have a better chance of being attacked by a Grizzly Bear and a Polar Bear on the same day than you do a Democrat reducing the federal workforce.

https://massie.house.gov/news/documents ... tID=395319

We need more people like Massie. MIT Doctorate, lives off the grid at home, reluctant congressman. BTW, he knew what was going on with natural immunity in June of 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf4qAwntlkw
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:52 pm
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:42 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:14 pm Compare that to Trump cowering in the White House basement, after having pushed Melonia aside as he stumbled down the stairs, when a bunch of candy bar throwing protesters were in Lafayette Square.
Can't get Trump out of your head, can you? Biden so tough Putin invaded, just like he did when Obama was CIC. Funny how my party's base is mainly economic populists and peace freaks, while your party is corporatists and war mongers. No wonder you liked Liz Cheney so much. Of course, you're still the racist party, but instead of the KKK and Bull Connor at the schoolhouse door you have the NEA and Randi Weingarten.
:roll:
Keep watching that Fox, OAN, and NewsMax...you get so much "truth" there... ;)

Just wondering, get it to x, but how many Presidential elections have you voted in and who exactly did you vote for?

Or are you one of these never voted until Trump sorts?
NOYFB who I voted for, but every Presidential election since 1976. And it wasn't all one party, either. Oh, BTW, I only watch sports on TV. Oh, and the "Murder and Mayhem" channels, like ID and Forensic Files.
Just because a person has a right to keep their votes to themselves doesn't mean the inquiry is definitionally an outrage or something to get hysterical about ("NOYFB"). The tenor and tone of reply is a signal of a preference for information asymmetry over transparency however. Probably should stop watching so much murder and mayhem and it's easier to find on a cable news channel these days since we have mass shootings on the reg.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:28 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:14 pm Compare that to Trump cowering in the White House basement, after having pushed Melonia aside as he stumbled down the stairs, when a bunch of candy bar throwing protesters were in Lafayette Square.
Can't get Trump out of your head, can you? Biden so tough Putin invaded, just like he did when Obama was CIC. Funny how my party's base is mainly economic populists and peace freaks, while your party is corporatists and war mongers. No wonder you liked Liz Cheney so much. Of course, you're still the racist party, but instead of the KKK and Bull Connor at the schoolhouse door you have the NEA and Randi Weingarten.
Your party’s base is largely comprised of racists, misogynists, bigots, xenophobes, and pro-Putin trash.

MTG, LB, Gosar, Gaetz … that’s your base.

DocBarrister 8-) <——- aviator shades
When you have to resort to 2nd grade playground name calling you have lost the argument. My party's base is made up mainly of working people and patriots. Yours? Not so much. Academics and freeloaders. You're the party of big government, yet you can't even get your workers to come back to the office. Enjoy watching the exodus from what was once a great state. I was born there. There won't be any lights to turn out for the last person leaving California.

Keep cheerleading WWIII, though.
Wondered where you went Stephen Miller.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Just wondering, get it to x, but how many Presidential elections have you voted in and who exactly did you vote for?

NOYFB who I voted for, but every Presidential election since 1976. And it wasn't all one party, either. Oh, BTW, I only watch sports on TV. Oh, and the "Murder and Mayhem" channels, like ID and Forensic Files.
Just because a person has a right to keep their votes to themselves doesn't mean the inquiry is definitionally an outrage or something to get hysterical about ("NOYFB"). The tenor and tone of reply is a signal of a preference for information asymmetry over transparency however. Probably should stop watching so much murder and mayhem and it's easier to find on a cable news channel these days since we have mass shootings on the reg.
Okay, you first.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

LandM wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:58 pm So question, when Sherman was doing his March to the Sea and Grant was pounding Vicksburg.
If you're going to make a historical comparison please get the facts right. Grant and Sherman fought TOGETHER at Vicksburg in June-July 1863. Sherman reported to Grant in this campaign as he also did at Shiloh and many other battles in the Western theater.

Sherman's march through Georgia was in November/December 1864 nearly 18 months later. He took over when Lincoln promoted Grant to command all Union forces and Grant moved in with the Army of the Potomac.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:00 pm
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:28 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 pm
Your party’s base is largely comprised of racists, misogynists, bigots, xenophobes, and pro-Putin trash.

MTG, LB, Gosar, Gaetz … that’s your base.

DocBarrister 8-) <——- aviator shades
When you have to resort to 2nd grade playground name calling you have lost the argument. My party's base is made up mainly of working people and patriots. Yours? Not so much. Academics and freeloaders. You're the party of big government, yet you can't even get your workers to come back to the office. Enjoy watching the exodus from what was once a great state. I was born there. There won't be any lights to turn out for the last person leaving California.

Keep cheerleading WWIII, though.
California is doing fine.

We are in the process of passing Germany as the world’s fourth largest economy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 7.html?amp

We already have an economy larger than India, despite being dwarfed in population.

California is an economic powerhouse. Republican states like Alabama, MS, Missouri, South Carolina, and Arkansas? Not so much. And it’s Texas that has trouble keeping its lights on.

As for Florida, they’re too busy banning books, promoting fascism and White Supremacism, and fighting Disney to do much that is productive.

DocBarrister
South Carolina may not be perfect but I wouldn't include that state in your analysis of poor and totally backwards ones. For a long long time it had the highest FDI per capita, may still. Been attracting corp employers for a while. Last meaningful one lost was probably Fluor Corp but reality was Fluor was based in SD when they did a MOE with Daniels Construction or the related entity that was Greenville, SC based. Charleston, Myrtle (for a better time than sleazy as all get out Daytona), HHI, Columbia. The state is on solid ground overall. Plenty of room for improvement but that's a mistake on your part comparing with the gulf region states definitely.

And I don't think you quite have your finger on the pulse of the Bay Area as it's lived in by working class people like my sister. She's further left than a Brooklyn/Dis lovechild I suspect and she's coming around to some of the policy and actions taken over the years in NoCal. SoCal can take pride in Harvey Weinstein, Roman Polanski and OJ Simpson (USC grad).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Okay, you first.
Sure even though your reply is petty.

I voted republican from

- Dole (I'm a ride or die Jack Kemp person from experiences with him growing up in CNY/WNY/white trash NY or whatever bomb Cradle decides to use today to describe admittedly crappy Broome Co, NY) to Romney. Didn't dislike Obama, but I wasn't aligned with him. Sat out 2016 and held my nose and voted for Biden in 20.

There you go. Transparency and honesty staright to your dome, boom!
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm Presidents control spending? That's a new one on me. I thought congress had the power of the purse.
You're not being honest here......Trump can veto. He didn't. If Congress overrides the veto? Yep, you're right, now it's on Congress.

That's not what happened. And the bulk of Republicans voted for both massive spending bills in Trump's first two years.

You didn't complain, and neither did your fellow Republican voters. You cheered it on. So I'm sorry, i don't believe you when you say Republican voters want small government. BTW, this applies to States, as well. DeSantis, the leading R for the POTUS? In his first budget, he increased Florida's budget by 10% in a single year.

If you guys are going to believe this stuff, you have to check the math, and do it without excuses.

And I said at the time that it happened that Republican voters would ignore the massive spending increases under Trump pre-Covid, and blame all that spending on Covid, which is a flat out lie.

You're smart enough to not fall for that game. Trump had his chance to cut Federal spending, get it to x. He had that chance BEFORE covid hit.

And what did he do? That's right: he exploded both spending and borrowing. You're SUPPOSED to be livid that he didn't CUT spending, let alone that he INCREASED it. And what I want to know is: why aren't you angry at this? Or angry about Bush when he blew the budget surplus by increasing spending and cutting taxes?

I don't get it. I likely never will.
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm BTW, what was the "Trump" number if you take out all of the Covid relief programs? Total to date is @ $4.5 Trillion so figure $2 Trillion.
Well that's simple: don't pass bills for Covid relief, and let the free market sort it out. Is big government bad , or not.

Because if it's "only good in emergencies".....that means that you think Big Government is good, and has a purpose. 9/11. 08 crash. Iraq War. Afghanistan war. Covid response. All increased the size of government. All with Republican support.
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm Not one Republican voted for the dishonestly named "Inflation Reduction Act", which is basically the Green New Deal.
That's right. And why did they do that? Because Biden was now in the White House, so now they're back to "spending is bad" after making the Federal Government 66% larger, and claiming that the economy was awesome back then.

Then when the inflation showed up, what did Right Wing Media do? It blamed Biden's spending for inflation, and ignored the 66% increase under Trump. It doesn't matter WHY Trump made government 66% bigger. He did it. Period.

Don't give him a pass for doing this, simply because he has the letter R by his name. Stick to your values.

Appreciate that you're answering my questions, btw....
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:20 pm
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm Presidents control spending? That's a new one on me. I thought congress had the power of the purse.
You're not being honest here......Trump can veto. He didn't. If Congress overrides the veto? Yep, you're right, now it's on Congress.

That's not what happened. And the bulk of Republicans voted for both massive spending bills in Trump's first two years.

You didn't complain, and neither did your fellow Republican voters. You cheered it on. So I'm sorry, i don't believe you when you say Republican voters want small government. BTW, this applies to States, as well. DeSantis, the leading R for the POTUS? In his first budget, he increased Florida's budget by 10% in a single year.

If you guys are going to believe this stuff, you have to check the math, and do it without excuses.

And I said at the time that it happened that Republican voters would ignore the massive spending increases under Trump pre-Covid, and blame all that spending on Covid, which is a flat out lie.

You're smart enough to not fall for that game. Trump had his chance to cut Federal spending, get it to x. He had that chance BEFORE covid hit.

And what did he do? That's right: he exploded both spending and borrowing. You're SUPPOSED to be livid that he didn't CUT spending, let alone that he INCREASED it. And what I want to know is: why aren't you angry at this? Or angry about Bush when he blew the budget surplus by increasing spending and cutting taxes?

I don't get it. I likely never will.
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm BTW, what was the "Trump" number if you take out all of the Covid relief programs? Total to date is @ $4.5 Trillion so figure $2 Trillion.
Well that's simple: don't pass bills for Covid relief, and let the free market sort it out. Is big government bad , or not.

Because if it's "only good in emergencies".....that means that you think Big Government is good, and has a purpose. 9/11. 08 crash. Iraq War. Afghanistan war. Covid response. All increased the size of government. All with Republican support.
get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:30 pm Not one Republican voted for the dishonestly named "Inflation Reduction Act", which is basically the Green New Deal.
That's right. And why did they do that? Because Biden was now in the White House, so now they're back to "spending is bad" after making the Federal Government 66% larger, and claiming that the economy was awesome back then.

Then when the inflation showed up, what did Right Wing Media do? It blamed Biden's spending for inflation, and ignored the 66% increase under Trump. It doesn't matter WHY Trump made government 66% bigger. He did it. Period.

Don't give him a pass for doing this, simply because he has the letter R by his name. Stick to your values.

Appreciate that you're answering my questions, btw....
We are probably 95% in total agreement. I never lauded Trump or either party for their wasteful ways. The real problem is budgeting. There is no base line for these departments, so they are never forced to prioritize and make do with less. We are on "The Road to Perdition" economically. We are going to have to make very painful choices if we don't accept some pain now. That includes entitlements, even though I just cashed my first Social Security check.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:36 pm
We are probably 95% in total agreement. I never lauded Trump or either party for their wasteful ways. The real problem is budgeting. There is no base line for these departments, so they are never forced to prioritize and make do with less. We are on "The Road to Perdition" economically. We are going to have to make very painful choices if we don't accept some pain now. That includes entitlements, even though I just cashed my first Social Security check.
I'd guess, too, that we're 95% there. The one thing I've learned from the Laxpower forums is that I'm a frustrated 70's conservative when it comes to economics.

I want:

-world class infrastructure. This has a ROI, and we should be KILLING every other nation on this front, because of our superior GDP and access to land and resources. The fact that we're falling apart makes me LIVID. Biden's bill should have been 3 times the size, with grown up Conservatives making sure it goes to hard assets....roads, bridges, sewer pipes, high speed internet for rural US, updating electrical grid, opening nuclear power plants, etc. If you don't believe in this? You're an anarchist who believes in nothing. Use our GDP advantage to move goods and people quickly, cheaply, and in an environmentally responsible manner (without going overboard).

-pay for what we get. I'm LIVID that my kids are going to pay for the sh(t we're getting. In my world, you pay for what you get, like a grown up.

That's it. Want big government? Great. Pay for it. Want small government? Great. You still have to pay for it.

Simple. Republicans USED to do this, more or less. Bush sr.? Earned my respect by raising taxes because the deficit was getting too great, even though he knew he'd likely lose the next election reneging on his deal. That's a leader who puts country first.

That was the last R POTUS that raised taxes. To say this fact is reckless and irresponsible is an understatement. The R's USED to be the party of full grown adults who believed in paying for the cr*p they got. Those days are LONG gone, sadly.
DocBarrister

Biden Humiliates Putin and Russia, Part Deux

Post by DocBarrister »

CNN

President Joe Biden’s surprise visit to Ukraine sparked anger and embarrassment among many of Russia’s hawkish military pundits on Monday, increasing pressure on Vladimir Putin as the Russian leader prepares to justify his stuttering invasion in a national address.

Biden’s historic visit came days before the one-year anniversary of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, providing a symbolic boost to Kyiv at a crucial juncture in the conflict.

But the visit caused fury in Russian pro-military and ultranationalist circles, as it upstages Putin on the eve of a major address in which the Russian president is expected to tout the supposed achievements of what he euphemistically calls a “special military operation.”

… For many, the secure and skillfully executed visit of a US President was another symbol of a faltering campaign.

A Telegram account managed by Russian army and naval servicemembers, Zapiski michmana Ptichkina, noted ironically that Biden had reached Kyiv before Russian President Vladimir Putin. “Almost a year after the beginning of the Special military operation, we are waiting in the Russian city of [Kyiv] for the president of the Russian Federation, but not for the [President of the] United States,” it said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/20/europe/r ... index.html

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Biden’s “Gut Punch” to Putin

Post by DocBarrister »

Analysts and commentators pointed to the inescapable symbolism of Biden strolling around Kyiv. The right-wing National Review praised Biden for his “guts” to venture into an active war zone in range of Russian strikes. “Americans are allowed to disagree in good faith about what comes next … but no one should be under any illusion about the power of an American president going into a warzone to extend a hand to a beleaguered people and offer ‘unwavering support,’” the publication noted.

Biden is far from the first Western leader to call on Zelensky, but the occupant of the White House carries a different weight, argued Eliot Cohen, a former George W. Bush administration official and professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. “While the president clearly intended to bolster the confidence of Ukraine, and the commitment of ambivalent Europeans and neo-isolationist Americans, his real audiences lay elsewhere, as his remarks about Western strength indicated,” he wrote.

“Russia has cycled through a series of theories of victory in Ukraine — that Kyiv’s leaders would flee, that Ukraine’s population would not fight, that its army would be crumpled up by a sudden blitz or by grinding assaults,” Cohen went on. “It has been reduced to one last hope: that Vladimir Putin’s will is stronger than Joe Biden’s. And Biden just said, by deed as well as word, ‘Oh no it’s not.’” He added that Biden’s appearance was a “gut punch” to Putin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... kyiv-trip/

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Biden Lifts Spirits of Ukrainians

Post by DocBarrister »

Biden’s Kyiv Visit Lifts Spirits of War-Weary Ukrainians
The American president was the most prominent Western leader to visit Ukraine since Russia invaded, and the capital was swept up in the excitement.

KYIV, Ukraine — When Russian forces invaded Ukraine a year ago and sent millions fleeing Kyiv and other cities for safety, traffic jams in the capital spoke to the chaos and uncertainty gripping the nation.

But on Monday, when the streets of the capital were snarled to the point of immobility, the traffic was a testament of sorts to the determination of Ukrainians who have returned to Kyiv to resume their lives, swelling its population to a level greater than before the war.

And the clogged roads seemed a minor inconvenience given the cause: President Biden was in town.

“Officially, today was the most pleasant many-hours traffic jam on Kyiv streets in all the history of independence,” said Serhiy Koshman, a 41-year-old business consultant. After so much hardship, so much trauma, he said, the visit of the American president was a moment to reflect on the past and be hopeful for the future.

Mr. Koshman looked at a headline on his phone from a year ago predicting that Kyiv could fall in a matter of days. Then he pulled up a picture from Monday, showing Mr. Biden and his own president, Volodymyr Zelensky, embracing in the heart of the city.

“I even cried of happiness for it,” he said. “It’s euphoric, something psychological.”

Mr. Biden’s tour through Kyiv, a closely held secret until he arrived, started at the gilded halls of the Mariinskyi Palace, the official residence of Mr. Zelensky. Then he traveled to St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery, and finally to the United States Embassy before departing by train for Poland.

With each stop, the shroud of secrecy surrounding his visit began to fall, and the excitement of Ukrainians grew.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/20/worl ... visit.html

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:45 pm

some guy on the internet
Do you see this coming from a Dem? You have a better chance of being attacked by a Grizzly Bear and a Polar Bear on the same day than you do a Democrat reducing the federal workforce.

We need more people like Massie. MIT Doctorate, lives off the grid at home, reluctant congressman. BTW, he knew what was going on with natural immunity in June of 2021.

:( I took a little look at Massie's background and positions to get a better handle on what might have attracted you...fascinating record in congress.

One of 3 'no' votes against Stolen Valor Act??? What the heck?
John Birch Society?

Wants to abolish the EPA and Dept of Education...

Real piece of work..

votes against condemnation of North Korea, China and Iran on human rights...

sole member to vote against medals for officers who defended the Capitol on Jan 6

voted against making lynching a hate crime

climate change denier

wants to reduce legal immigration, that's right legal immigration...

And, obtw, voted for the deficit spending and tax cuts under Trump...but against funding support for Israel's Iran Dome system...

But hey, I see what it might be, he's pro cannabis! yeah!

The guy's a nut job, but I was attracted to the initial part of his education and early career, because I know a little about the VC industry in New England, something about sensor technologies as well, and thought it interesting that he had a patent and is credited for starting a company, SenSable Technologies, with his wife that later attracted $32 million in VC money when it reincorporated with a serious CEO...company was eventually sold for a couple million, though.
https://xconomy.com/boston/2012/05/17/f ... sie-story/

Guy likes his guns too.

On thread topic, he was also the only member of Congress to vote against an act refusing to recognize Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea...all sorts of Putin support...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

BTW, as I've said easily and openly before, I've been registered as a Republican since first able to do so. Canvassed for Nixon for Government class assignment. However, in first election, 1980, I voted third party, concerned about Reagan's bellicose rhetoric. But 1984 Reagan, then Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney, third party, Biden.

Wonder why you have difficulty with this question.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:49 pm

some guy on the internet

:( I took a little look at Massie's background and positions to get a better handle on what might have attracted you...fascinating record in congress.

John Birch Society?

Real piece of work..

sole member to vote against medals for officers who defended the Capitol on Jan 6

climate change denier

And, obtw, voted for the deficit spending and tax cuts under Trump...but against funding support for Israel's Iran Dome system...

The guy's a nut job, but I was attracted to the initial part of his education and early career, because I know a little about the VC industry in New England, something about sensor technologies as well, and thought it interesting that he had a patent and is credited for starting a company, SenSable Technologies, with his wife that later attracted $32 million in VC money when it reincorporated with a serious CEO...company was eventually sold for a couple million, though.

Guy likes his guns too.

On thread topic, he was also the only member of Congress to vote against an act refusing to recognize Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea...all sorts of Putin support...
It’s really disturbing that we have a Massie supporter posting on this forum.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:08 pm

some guy on the internet

John Birch Society?

Real piece of work..

climate change denier

Guy likes his guns too.

DocBarrister
It's disturbing that anyone supports Massie, anywhere, but they do...but it certainly tells us where get it to X's head is at...

One of my closest and oldest friends, recently deceased from cancer, used to joke, as an African American, that he appreciated those who proudly flew their Confederate flags on their houses or in their pick up truck...made it easier to know who they are...

So, I appreciate get it to X telling us who he is...though he hides who he's voted for in the past...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:13 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:08 pm

some guy on the internet

John Birch Society?

Real piece of work..

climate change denier

Guy likes his guns too.

DocBarrister
It's disturbing that anyone supports Massie, anywhere, but they do...but it certainly tells us where get it to X's head is at...

One of my closest and oldest friends, recently deceased from cancer, used to joke, as an African American, that he appreciated those who proudly flew their Confederate flags on their houses or in their pick up truck...made it easier to know who they are...

So, I appreciate get it to X telling us who he is...though he hides who he's voted for in the past...
I'm going to "believe him the first time."
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”