media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: media matters

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:39 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 pm You are confusing coverage that you don’t like with lying and government propaganda. MSNBC and CNN don’t operate like State Run TV. Fox was like Chinese/Cuban/Russian news.
Right. Didn't see anything on MSNBC from the Steele dossier or about the Alfa Bank server. They even hired Peter Strozk & Andy McCabe (now CNN) after they were fired for cause from the FBI, based on DoJ IG findings. MSNBC propagated the Clintion campaign's disinformation op which was based on Russian disinformation purchased from Danchenko via Steele/Fusion GPS.
That's not the same thing, at all, as news in Russia or China. Trump was the government at the time. in order for it be government propaganda....by definition, it can't be critical of our head of our Government. It has to cheer them on.

FOX was the government propaganda of the Trump era. Their talking heads literally campaigned with Trump. And not one single Republican poster complained about that. Heck, I don't remember you ever criticizing Fox even once.

But your anger for the other stations is limitless. Maybe next time, you'll learn to keep your own house in order before you throw stones.

You've told us that you're not evenhanded, and are a partisan. Do you not see that it's just silly to get mad at partisans for doing exactly what you do?

If you're not going to take the high ground, why would you expect anyone else to do the same?
How objective has MSNBC been in covering Biden & his Admin ? They were the Dem's VOA propaganda broadcast in opposition to Trump & his Admin. Now they're the pro-Biden Admin RT propaganda outlet. No better than FNC, they both get their talking points daily.

I never claimed FNC was objective. They did cover valid stories that the msm buried, like Hunter's laptop ( :lol: now go crazy. because I mentioned Hunter).

FNC's news anchors & reporters did not propagate the big lie. Cavuto's still a host. Heinrich's still a WH reporter, even more prominent now.
False.
MSNBC and its hosts aren't scared of being critical of Biden or his Admin.
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... -rcna57972

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... n-n1297758

https://www.thewrap.com/scarborough-afghanistan/

https://nypost.com/2023/01/16/morning-j ... -response/

The Dominion case is proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Fox and Fox News, and its hosts, have defined their "brand" to require consistency with the far right, MAGA, election denialism of Trump and his ilk...they did so with the full knowledge that what they were promoting was classic disinformation, full-on falsehoods, all in support of maintenance of this "brand" consistent with this viewerships' desire that Trump be supported without exception.

Flat out propaganda.

Not opinion based on differing analysis of facts, propaganda.

Definitely not what we see out of even MSNBC...we see 'extreme' views, and certainly left-leaning views be presented on MSNBC, and an overall emphasis on specific types of critique of the MAGA GOP, but we also see legitimate conservative views be presented as well, though clearly well less than would be considered 'balance'. But we do NOT see flat out disinformation, full-on knowing lying...strong opinions, yes, but not knowing lies.

The key difference is that when legitimate outlets find they got something factually wrong, they correct the record on the facts. Reality actually matters, truth actually matters.

That's a standard to which we should hold all media, regardless of partisan bent.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

They have Rupert on the record of trying to get Republican politicians elected as a corporate goal. Carlson's mention of the effect on the stock price by the coverage is also as close to a smoking gun as you can get - still a very high bar for Dominion to prove malice in the lying, biased coverage. That said,, if the plaintiffs win a judgement of $1.6BB that would exact a HUGE financial burden on Fox Corp.

https://lucid.substack.com/p/what-haunt ... the-latest

"What Haunts Me Most About the Latest Fox News Revelations
Murdoch had a fleeting thought to protect democracy, but chose profit margins instead"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:29 am They have Rupert on the record of trying to get Republican politicians elected as a corporate goal. Carlson's mention of the effect on the stock price by the coverage is also as close to a smoking gun as you can get - still a very high bar for Dominion to prove malice in the lying, biased coverage. That said,, if the plaintiffs win a judgement of $1.6BB that would exact a HUGE financial burden on Fox Corp.

https://lucid.substack.com/p/what-haunt ... the-latest

"What Haunts Me Most About the Latest Fox News Revelations
Murdoch had a fleeting thought to protect democracy, but chose profit margins instead"
Rupert is AINO (American In Name Only) - he got citizenship because it was a requirement to create Fox and own it in the US. He doesn’t care one bit about this country. But MAGA! He loves it more than you or I according to Jimbo (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfY4OjhQ0E)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:39 pm How objective has MSNBC been in covering Biden & his Admin ?Biden is a neo-con. Take a wild guess about how they've reacted to that.
MDlax gave you cites. Both they and the rest of the media have hit Biden for everything from Afghanistan to Inflation.
They were the Dem's VOA propaganda broadcast in opposition to Trump & his Admin. Now they're the pro-Biden Admin RT propaganda outlet. No better than FNC, they both get their talking points daily.Not true.

I never claimed FNC was objective. And you never once criticized them in 15 years of posting. Yet you expect everyone else to meet a higher standard. You've shown time and again that this is how you think: everyone else has to be honest. Except for people and entities that share you views. There's no bar for them, and you therefore don't criticize them. You don't seem to understand that you are ASKING for this world you live in, where partisans don't care how low their team sinks....so that's exactly what happens. The whole country sinks.They did cover valid stories that the msm buried, like Hunter's laptop ( :lol: now go crazy. because I mentioned Hunter).

FNC's news anchors & reporters did not propagate the big lie. Cavuto's still a host. Heinrich's still a WH reporter, even more prominent now.
You told everyone, multiple times, that you never watch Fox. What am I supposed to think here

As for Hunter's laptop. You're intentionally ignoring a key fact.

To wit: Hunter's laptop was such an important story for our Nation, as you are implying----why did Giuliani and Trump hold on to it for weeks? And then when they decided to send it to the press, waiting just three weeks before the election...why didn't they give it to all major outlets, and anyone who requested a copy so that they could judge for themselves? That way, everyone can do as they wish with the data, and comb through it and verify the contents with more time to digest it before the election. Giulani (in reality, Trump) intentionally delayed that process, and instead, gave it to a single tabloid three weeks before the election. No one could possibly know if any part of the laptop was real or authentic. They had to take Trump's word for it.

So why aren't you mad at Trump from keeping it from the press, if it's so important to get it out there?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:39 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:39 pm How objective has MSNBC been in covering Biden & his Admin ?Biden is a neo-con. Take a wild guess about how they've reacted to that.
MDlax gave you cites. Both they and the rest of the media have hit Biden for everything from Afghanistan to Inflation.
They were the Dem's VOA propaganda broadcast in opposition to Trump & his Admin. Now they're the pro-Biden Admin RT propaganda outlet. No better than FNC, they both get their talking points daily.Not true.

I never claimed FNC was objective. And you never once criticized them in 15 years of posting. Yet you expect everyone else to meet a higher standard. You've shown time and again that this is how you think: everyone else has to be honest. Except for people and entities that share you views. There's no bar for them, and you therefore don't criticize them. You don't seem to understand that you are ASKING for this world you live in, where partisans don't care how low their team sinks....so that's exactly what happens. The whole country sinks.They did cover valid stories that the msm buried, like Hunter's laptop ( :lol: now go crazy. because I mentioned Hunter).

You told everyone, multiple times, that you never watch Fox. What am I supposed to think here

To wit: Hunter's laptop was such an important story for our Nation, as you are implying----why did Giuliani and Trump hold on to it for weeks? And then when they decided to send it to the press, waiting just three weeks before the election...why didn't they give it to all major outlets, and anyone who requested a copy so that they could judge for themselves? That way, everyone can do as they wish with the data, and comb through it and verify the contents with more time to digest it before the election. Giulani (in reality, Trump) intentionally delayed that process, and instead, gave it to a single tabloid three weeks before the election. No one could possibly know if any part of the laptop was real or authentic. They had to take Trump's word for it.

So why aren't you mad at Trump from keeping it from the press, if it's so important to get it out there?
Because he wanted Joe’s election bid to be tanked with bad press. Old Soldier wanted Zelensky to “announce an investigation into the Bidens on TV” also……
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:39 pm

Because he wanted Joe’s election bid to be tanked with bad press. Old Soldier wanted Zelensky to “announce an investigation into the Bidens on TV” also……
Trump is an absolute master at thinking like his TinFoilHat audience. So the fact that it was Trump who suppressed the laptop from getting to major media outlets is immediately ignored, which makes the fact that many outlets refused to do Trump's bidding and play his game THE story.

And what did this do? It made it so TinFoilHat nation ignored that there is nothing----zippo----illegal on that laptop that could be found in three weeks of review. How do i know this? Because it's been four years now, and not even FoxNews is claiming that Hunter broke any laws that they can find. The laptop is a pointless campaign prop with nothing in it that could have possibly swung the election...which is, naturally, the claim.

TrumpNation, naturally, completely ignores this "trifling detail", and insist that there was a massive cover up. All of this was engineered by Trump. He's fooled his fans and apologists dozens of times, with no end to their lack of skepticism in sight. Trump "forgot" to hand over the illegal doin's of Hunter to the NYTimes et. al. for third party media review for weeks on end. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...if Trump had pressured the FBI before the election to do something about Hunter's laptop, Nicolle Wallace would have been "breaking" that blockbuster news with her sleep-in NYT boyfriend the same day.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:39 pm You told everyone, multiple times, that you never watch Fox. What am I supposed to think here
:lol: ...I told them I "watch" it the same way I "watch" MSNBC, I auto-record on my dvr the shows most likely to have news content, then review it at x4 speed, reading the banners to see the topic & stopping to absorb the nuggets of actual news, on topics of interest to me. I do the same with the evening news on DW, BBC & France24.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:26 pm :lol: ...if Trump had pressured the FBI before the election to do something about Hunter's laptop, Nicolle Wallace would have been "breaking" that blockbuster news with her sleep-in NYT boyfriend the same day.
Stop whining.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:35 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:39 pm You told everyone, multiple times, that you never watch Fox. What am I supposed to think here
:lol: ...I told them I "watch" it the same way I "watch" MSNBC, I auto-record on my dvr the shows most likely to have news content, then review it at x4 speed, reading the banners to see the topic & stopping to absorb the nuggets of actual news, on topics of interest to me. I do the same with the evening news on DW, BBC & France24.
:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:26 pm :lol: ...if Trump had pressured the FBI before the election to do something about Hunter's laptop, Nicolle Wallace would have been "breaking" that blockbuster news with her sleep-in NYT boyfriend the same day.
You don't know that he didn't. Did anyone ask that question?

But that still doesn't let Trump off the hook for sitting on the laptop for weeks, OS. Or for ONLY giving it to the NYPost, instead of 'everyone' all at the same time.

Are you going to hold him responsible for his part of the conspiracy, or not?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:45 pm

But that still doesn't let Trump off the hook for sitting on the laptop for weeks, OS. Or for ONLY giving it to the NYPost, instead of 'everyone' all at the same time.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how- ... chools/amp
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:36 pm
Stop whining.
I love the teen girl gossip thrown in. It’s not even quality misogyny, just petty.

Sleep in boyfriend. Who cares. I hope she hops from stick to stick and kicks them out so she can get quality sleep afterwards.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...https://nypost.com/2022/04/01/new-york- ... joe-biden/
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:09 pm
Stop whining.
I love the teen girl gossip thrown in. It’s not even quality misogyny, just petty.

Sleep in boyfriend. Who cares. I hope she hops from stick to stick and kicks them out so she can get quality sleep afterwards.
He has some B in him. I am starting to wonder..
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:29 pm
Stop whining.

Age & power differential. Poor guy's a #metoo victim candidate. She's another Charlie Rose.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:29 pm
Stop whining.

Age & power differential. Poor guy's a #metoo victim candidate. She's another Charlie Rose.
I wouldn’t know.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:16 pm

So we're back to you not wanting a conversation, and walking away when you can't answer simple questions. I'm not taking any blame for this one.

All this tells me is that it never occurred to you that Trump played you...until now.

If this was about honest journalism, and making sure that this "information" was out before the election for voters to digest?

Trump would have released it immediately, and not sat on it until just 3 weeks before the election, and would have given it to all media for vetting.

Trump did it the way he did because he knew how guys like you would react. You took the bait, and you're embarrassed that you did.

How would you feel if the instant the Steele Dossier was published, the WaPo picked it up and published it, no vetting, as you are DEMANDING here. You would have lost your mind had they done that.

Remember who leaked Steele, and when? And do you remember what the WaPo's response to this leak and the Steele Dossier was?

They took the high ground. Pity you can't claim the same.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:57 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:16 pm

So we're back to you not wanting a conversation, and walking away when you can't answer simple questions. I'm not taking any blame for this one.

All this tells me is that it never occurred to you that Trump played you...until now.

If this was about honest journalism, and making sure that this "information" was out before the election for voters to digest?

Trump would have released it immediately, and not sat on it until just 3 weeks before the election, and would have given it to all media for vetting.

Trump did it the way he did because he knew how guys like you would react. You took the bait, and you're embarrassed that you did.

How would you feel if the instant the Steele Dossier was published, the WaPo picked it up and published it, no vetting, as you are DEMANDING here. You would have lost your mind had they done that.

Remember who leaked Steele, and when? And do you remember what the WaPo's response to this leak and the Steele Dossier was?

They took the high ground. Pity you can't claim the same.
OK. Since you established the premise, (if you're serious about it & not just trolling for effect)', you need to answer some simple questions to support your premise.

So you think that it's ok for a serving POTUS, be it Trump, Biden, Obama or predecessors, to directly intervene in DoJ/FBI active investigations to the extent necessary to do what you're claiming Trump could/should have done ? Get Real ! AG Barr would not allow Trump to do that, even if he tried. Barr proved that by the way he responded to Trump's election fraud claims -- he called " bullsh!t ".

What date did MacIssac give the hard drive to Rudy ? Trump would not have known about it until Rudy had it analyzed. Do you think Trump knew the FBI had it & knew what was on it before Rudy told him about it ?

What did the President know & when did he know it ? ...who told him what ? when ?
You need to know the timeline before jumping to conclusions & making accusations.

Everything in the Steele Dossier was fed to the media & discussed on cable news shows & in publications like Mother Jones, months before Buzzfeed actually published it. I recall David Corn making the accusations on MSNBC. When did you first hear rumors about the "pee tapes" ?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Stop whining.

Never mind that the sleep in boyfriend is now her husband...

Return to “POLITICS”