January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:39 am
Jumbo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:27 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:13 pm
Jumbo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:41 pm
Jumbo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:16 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm Jumbo - seeing that this is the topic of this thread - do give us your take on January 6. We''ll await your response. Thanks.
I just addressed this a few replies ago.
Looks like my reply was deleted. Not seeing it.

My views on 1/6. I think a protest blown out of proportion. It turned into a political witch-hunt. The fbi has already admitted it was not an insurrection. The dems 1/6 investigation was a joke. They clearly were not looking for information. They were just trying to prevent trump from running again and trying to scare anyone from associating with him. I think 1/6 was a protest that had a few bad apples. Anyone that broke doors or windows at the capital should be held accountable and arrested. Anyone that walked in open doors or was invited in, should not be punished. The same as the several times dems have protested inside the capital or other gov buildings and were not arrested. There has to be equal treatment or people will see this as a political punishment
I find it funny that people took trumps quote “walk to the capital and peacefully protest” as code for break doors and windows.

I am hoping the gop will start a new investigation with new hearings to find real answers. Who were the people on camera trying to incite violence and encourage people to break in? Why haven’t they been questioned.
Why didn’t the committee want video released? Why didn’t the committee release video of the person that planes the pipe bombs at the dnc and gop headquarters. Lots of questions.
“If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

Yeah, that sounds peaceful.

MAGAts.
With your logic. When Obama said bring a gun to a knife fight, he is directly responsible for all gun murders during his time.
But back to reality. There is a reason trump has not, and will never be, charged with any connection to the break in on 1/6. Because he was not responsible. But you can continue to live fantasy world, and blame trump for everything wrong in your life. Doesn’t impact anyone, but you
Can we pin this one for future review? :roll:

I haven't read a single poster claiming that Trump is to "blame" for "everything in your (their) life".
Not one.
I wonder why this projection makes sense to you, Jumbo.

"a protest blown out of proportion"...where's that citation re FBI and "insurrection"??? :roll:
Not hard to find. Just turn off msnbc for a few mins and do a little searching.
man, you gotta get your head out of the deep dark place...and try doing your own "searching"....and maybe apply a little reading comprehension while you're at it.

You wrote: "The fbi has already admitted it was not an insurrection."

Nope, the FBI has never stated such a thing, anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

But here's what I did find with a google search ("FBI says no insurrection"), with various 'media' repeating this one "report" from Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-08-20/

I suggest you read it through.

First, that ain't the FBI 'admitting' anything, it's unnamed sources, four "current and former law enforcement officials"... who merely say that the FBI had not found evidence at that point in time sufficient to charge such a crime.

The article notes that none of the 570 people arrested as of then had been charged with seditious conspiracy...but what's happened since then?...charges and convictions for seditious conspiracy, and even more recently a special prosecutor specifically focused on this matter and the Mar-A-Lago case.

Pretty darn sure that ain't the FBI admitting there's no seditious conspiracy, nor admitting that Trump and a whole lot of others weren't guilty of various crimes.

But here's the thing, if you're like the rest of the Trump=cult, these facts don't matter to you, the truth doesn't matter to you, indeed your purpose on here is to spread misinformation...So, are you willfully trolling misinformation or are you just unwittingly doing so?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Not to mention that the FBI doesn't decide if something is or isn't an insurrection or any other crime for that matter (unless you're Jim Comey ;) ) - that's for prosecutors and not the investigative agency. True across the board down to the local level
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm Jumbo - seeing that this is the topic of this thread - do give us your take on January 6. We''ll await your response. Thanks.

My views on 1/6. I think a protest blown out of proportion. It turned into a political witch-hunt. The fbi has already admitted it was not an insurrection. The dems 1/6 investigation was a joke. They clearly were not looking for information. They were just trying to prevent trump from running again and trying to scare anyone from associating with him. I think 1/6 was a protest that had a few bad apples. Anyone that broke doors or windows at the capital should be held accountable and arrested. Anyone that walked in open doors or was invited in, should not be punished. The same as the several times dems have protested inside the capital or other gov buildings and were not arrested. There has to be equal treatment or people will see this as a political punishment
I find it funny that people took trumps quote “walk to the capital and peacefully protest” as code for break doors and windows.

I am hoping the gop will start a new investigation with new hearings to find real answers. Who were the people on camera trying to incite violence and encourage people to break in? Why haven’t they been questioned.
Why didn’t the committee want video released? Why didn’t the committee release video of the person that planes the pipe bombs at the dnc and gop headquarters. Lots of questions.

MAGAts.
With your logic. When Obama said bring a gun to a knife fight, he is directly responsible for all gun murders during his time.
But back to reality. There is a reason trump has not, and will never be, charged with any connection to the break in on 1/6. Because he was not responsible. But you can continue to live fantasy world, and blame trump for everything wrong in your life. Doesn’t impact anyone, but you

I haven't read a single poster claiming that Trump is to "blame" for "everything in your (their) life".
Not one.

"a protest blown out of proportion"...where's that citation re FBI and "insurrection"??? :roll:
man, you gotta get your head out of the deep dark place...and try doing your own "searching"....and maybe apply a little reading comprehension while you're at it.

But here's what I did find with a google search ("FBI says no insurrection"), with various 'media' repeating this one "report" from Reuters.

First, that ain't the FBI 'admitting' anything, it's unnamed sources, four "current and former law enforcement officials"... who merely say that the FBI had not found evidence at that point in time sufficient to charge such a crime.

The article notes that none of the 570 people arrested as of then had been charged with seditious conspiracy...but what's happened since then?...charges and convictions for seditious conspiracy, and even more recently a special prosecutor specifically focused on this matter and the Mar-A-Lago case.

Pretty darn sure that ain't the FBI admitting there's no seditious conspiracy, nor admitting that Trump and a whole lot of others weren't guilty of various crimes.

But here's the thing, if you're like the rest of the Trump=cult, these facts don't matter to you, the truth doesn't matter to you, indeed your purpose on here is to spread misinformation...So, are you willfully trolling misinformation or are you just unwittingly doing so?
Jumbo 🍤 won’t read it.
“I wish you would!”
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

So zero charges of insurrection.

And yes, the fbi didn’t have a press conference to say there was no insurrection. They just stopped because there was no evidence.

A far rightie could come here and claim Biden is spy and sold information to China. Since he has been accused of it. And the fbi hasn’t had a press conference to claim he isn’t a spy. So it must be true

Just to summarize. This thread is over 220 pages , talking about something that is essentially a political witch-hunt with nothing to show for million of wasted dollars of fake political “investigations”.

Tell ya what. When you finally find anything that represents an insurrection or even anything that suggests trump was leading an insurrection, let me know. But people with more power, and much more knowledge than you, have given up. Because it didn’t happen.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:57 pm So zero charges of insurrection.

And yes, the fbi didn’t have a press conference to say there was no insurrection. They just stopped because there was no evidence.

A far rightie could come here and claim Biden is spy and sold information to China. Since he has been accused of it. And the fbi hasn’t had a press conference to claim he isn’t a spy. So it must be true

Just to summarize. This thread is over 220 pages , talking about something that is essentially a political witch-hunt with nothing to show for million of wasted dollars of fake political “investigations”.

Tell ya what. When you finally find anything that represents an insurrection or even anything that suggests trump was leading an insurrection, let me know. But people with more power, and much more knowledge than you, have given up. Because it didn’t happen.
ok, so you lied...or just misrepresented?

I quoted you directly...you have no citation, and obviously didn't bother to read or comprehend what I did find with a simple search as to what the heck you could be fearing to.

Not only did they never say what you claimed they had, they've actually prosecuted seditious conspiracy and won each of those cases...after you say they'd "stopped"... :roll:

The Other Keepers are already in jail for that charge and the Proud Boys are trying to subpoena Trump to testify as they claim they were under orders from him...whaddya want bet he takes the 5th instead of simply refuting that claim under oath?

The Special Prosecutor is building his case, following up on the earlier investigations, as well as the evidence the Jan 6 Committee was able to uncover.

BTW, whaddya wanna bet that the prosector in Fulton County will be announcing criminal charges soon?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:49 pm

MAGAts.

Not one.

Jumbo 🍤 won’t read it.
He obviously didn't...scared, probably, to upset whatever OAN and NewsMax tells him to think.. and Fox even though they knew better!! ;)
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:11 pm

I quoted you directly...you have no citation, and obviously didn't bother to read or comprehend what I did find with a simple search as to what the heck you could be fearing to.

Not only did they never say what you claimed they had, they've actually prosecuted seditious conspiracy and won each of those cases...after you say they'd "stopped"... :roll:

The Other Keepers are already in jail for that charge and the Proud Boys are trying to subpoena Trump to testify as they claim they were under orders from him...whaddya want bet he takes the 5th instead of simply refuting that claim under oath?

The Special Prosecutor is building his case, following up on the earlier investigations, as well as the evidence the Jan 6 Committee was able to uncover.

BTW, whaddya wanna bet that the prosector in Fulton County will be announcing criminal charges soon?
How long have we been hears “charges are coming”. Like I said from the beginning

Anyone that broke into the capital should be in jail. Anyone that walked in an open door should not be in jail

And trump had nothing to do with it. And will never be in jail for anything from 1/6

But charges are coming. I am sure ….

I will take that bet. If Fulton country doesn’t have charges by the end of lax season, you can admit you have been played. And if they ever find evidence that trump tried to overturn an election, I will admit I was wrong

By the way, with all the talk of carter this weekend. And you bringing up Fulton country for election deniers. Do you think Carter should be held accountable for being an election denier of the 2016 election???
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:13 pm

MAGAts.

Not one.

Jumbo 🍤 won’t read it.
He obviously didn't...scared, probably, to upset whatever OAN and NewsMax tells him to think.. and Fox even though they knew better!! ;)
It has nothing to do with what OAN or Newsmax tells him to think. It comes down to trolling and knowing better, or pure ignorance.

MAGAts are sort of like today's Manson followers, or ATWAs as they like to call themselves. Yep, some dopes still think he's innocent. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/a ... les-manson
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:11 pm

Lied. Using political witch hunt specifically is a tell.

The alternative is stupidity that’s incomprehensible.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:13 pm

MAGAts.

Not one.

Jumbo 🍤 won’t read it.
It has nothing to do with what OAN or Newsmax tells him to think. It comes down to trolling and knowing better, or pure ignorance.

MAGAts are sort of like today's Manson followers, or ATWAs as they like to call themselves. Yep, some dopes still think he's innocent. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/a ... les-manson
Drinking that good good guayana juice from Jones punch bowl.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?525871-3/ ... -secretary

Informative interview with the Jan 6th Acting SecDef Chris Miller. If you have any doubts about the National Guard response on Jan 6, or think there was anything wrong with it, you need to listen, to learn the facts of Jan 6th & how the NG works.

Miller is accurate on how the military is allowed to serve as a Police Force within the US.
If you doubt the NG response on Jan 6th, you don't understand that law & how it's applied,
&/or you don't understand the NG in form or function.

That's why the Jan 6th Comm relegated the NG response to an Appendix in it's report & why that Appendix is not included in the version of the report on sale in bookstores.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What’s included in final copy is up to the publisher.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:30 am What’s included in final copy is up to the publisher.
Shouldn't the final copy include all of the facts?? Is this an example of cherry picking the details? IMO police work is not the job of the US military to include the National Guard. What could possibly go wrong? Anybody out there on this forum remember Kent State??? Those were National Guard soldiers that shot those students for no reason. In reality the reason for those shootings was not very complicated. National Guard soldiers are not law enforcement and that is not how they are trained.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don’t even get the point of the prior post other than to deflect from the actors. Meaning the one prior to ours. Just pointing out falsehoods when the guy who knows everything makes statements and allegations on pathetic or illogical thought to serve their own purposes.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:27 pm
How long have we been hears “charges are coming”. Like I said from the beginning

Anyone that broke into the capital should be in jail. Anyone that walked in an open door should not be in jail

And trump had nothing to do with it. And will never be in jail for anything from 1/6

I will take that bet. If Fulton country doesn’t have charges by the end of lax season, you can admit you have been played. And if they ever find evidence that trump tried to overturn an election, I will admit I was wrong

By the way, with all the talk of carter this weekend. And you bringing up Fulton country for election deniers. Do you think Carter should be held accountable for being an election denier of the 2016 election???
On your first point...patience Grasshopper. You forgot to mention that your hero is adept at using the legal system to delay things don't you?

I don't think anyone charged for illegal entry into the Capitol charged with only a misdemeanor has been sentenced to jail time. That said, does your premise also include folks who follow looters into commercial businesses and just look around? :oops:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:40 am
Jumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:27 pm

On your first point...patience Grasshopper. You forgot to mention that your hero is adept at using the legal system to delay things don't you?

I don't think anyone charged for illegal entry into the Capitol charged with only a misdemeanor has been sentenced to jail time. That said, does your premise also include folks who follow looters into commercial businesses and just look around? :oops:
April 22, 1992
There was a riot on the street,
tell me where where you?

You were sitting home watching your tv
While I was participating in some anarchy

The first spot we hit it was my liquor store
I finally got all that alcohol I can't afford
With red lights flashing, time to retire
And then we turned that liquor store into a structure fire
Next stop we hit it was the music shop
It only took one brick to make that window drop
Finally, we got our own P.A
Where do you think I got this guitar that you're hearing today?

Source-Bradley Nowell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dPKfxRhk0
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

When former Pres tRump lays dying, think he will go with dignity and near universal respect and admiration, like Jimmy Carter, or will he whinge and rail 'til the end?

Think tRump, the "genius" would have had the stones to go to Three Mile Island during a meltdown? Is he known for his post-Presidential faith and good works? I'm not a dog follower, but Jimmy practices his faith the way his "Christ" instructed (per the "comic" book). See any Access Hollywodd tapes of Jimmy boasting about sexual assault? What the fcuk has come over this country when people cleave to clowns like tRump?

Jimmy Carter has provided an example of how Americans should comport themselves. Pity more don't emulate him. Too bad Rayguns abandoned the climate awareness Jimmy started. We might have had a fighting chance.

Godspeed, Jimmy.

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:51 am When former Pres tRump lays dying, think he will go with dignity and near universal respect and admiration, like Jimmy Carter, or will he whinge and rail 'til the end?

Think tRump, the "genius" would have had the stones to go to Three Mile Island during a meltdown? Is he known for his post-Presidential faith and good works? I'm not a dog follower, but Jimmy practices his faith the way his "Christ" instructed (per the "comic" book). See any Access Hollywodd tapes of Jimmy boasting about sexual assault? What the fcuk has come over this country when people cleave to clowns like tRump?

Jimmy Carter has provided an example of how Americans should comport themselves. Pity more don't emulate him. Too bad Rayguns abandoned the climate awareness Jimmy started. We might have had a fighting chance.

Godspeed, Jimmy.

You may love this from Neal Brennan. His funeral will be wayyyy cooler than Trumps version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en62RxToN0I
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:57 pm Just to summarize. This thread is over 220 pages , talking about something that is essentially a political witch-hunt with nothing to show for million of wasted dollars of fake political “investigations”.
1. you're conflating the actual FBI investigations and DoJ prosecutions with the Dem-led investigation
2. Yes, of course the Dem's investigation was political. If you don't like that, next time the R's start a political investigation, complain,
make noise, and write your reps. They'll stop playing this game if their base gets angry when they do it.

3. which brings me to three......if you don't like these wasteful political investigations, why did yo ask for the Republicans to begin one investigating Jan 6ht? I don't get it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How do MAGA Deplorables respond to this from a Congressperson who sits on the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability and the House Committee on Homeland Security?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ta ... idents-day

Marjorie Taylor Greene@mtgreenee

We need a national divorce.
We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government.
Everyone I talk to says this.
From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s traitorous America Last policies, we are done.

8:43 AM · Feb 20, 2023

Return to “POLITICS”