DeepPocket

Le Moyne

Post by DeepPocket »

Announced it is transitioning to DI.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
GaitsRightHand

Re: Le Moyne

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Been hearing about this for a while. I do not think they have officially announced. But they have officially announced that they will be officially announcing the transition- so same thing lol.

I wonder what conference they'd join and how many athletic scholarships they'll be increased to

Also hearing rumors of two other D2 schools making the jump to D1 in the near future as well...
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:07 pm Been hearing about this for a while. I do not think they have officially announced. But they have officially announced that they will be officially announcing the transition- so same thing lol.

I wonder what conference they'd join and how many athletic scholarships they'll be increased to

Also hearing rumors of two other D2 schools making the jump to D1 in the near future as well...
Is this the beginning of the end of D2 lacrosse?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

As a former D2 player, I sure hope not. But, it does seem like there's a trend starting. If Le Moyne goes, Adelphi will end up representing the North every year in the NCAA Championship. Mercy had a great year, but I am not sure if they'll be able to replicate that season/success. Adelphi will have a somewhat easy jog to Memorial Day weekend.

The two schools I am hearing rumors about are on both sides of the spectrum. One team is newer, and has been in the NCAA tournament the past 3-4 years if I am not mistaken. The other team is in the lower bottom half of D2. A buddy of mine went to this school and he told me in 2017 the ASUN came to check out facilities to see if they'd be eligible for the transition. I guess they weren't at the time but have made strides to become eligible for transition.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:32 pm As a former D2 player, I sure hope not. But, it does seem like there's a trend starting. If Le Moyne goes, Adelphi will end up representing the North every year in the NCAA Championship. Mercy had a great year, but I am not sure if they'll be able to replicate that season/success. Adelphi will have a somewhat easy jog to Memorial Day weekend.
Mercyhurst has been just as, if not more, consistent than Adelphi over the last couple of years.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

D2fan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:38 pm Mercyhurst has been just as, if not more, consistent than Adelphi over the last couple of years.
Oh yeah! Good call, I always forget about Mercyhurst and Seton Hill. Definitely top guys in the North. Who would you say are the top 6 in the North? (if/when Le Moyne goes D1)
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 pm
D2fan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:38 pm Mercyhurst has been just as, if not more, consistent than Adelphi over the last couple of years.
Oh yeah! Good call, I always forget about Mercyhurst and Seton Hill. Definitely top guys in the North. Who would you say are the top 6 in the North? (if/when Le Moyne goes D1)
1. Adelphi
2. Mercyhurst

3. Mercy (Have they hired a coach yet?)
4. Seton Hill
5. St. Anslem

Wilmington, Pace, and Bentley probably round out that list.

The North will have lost the following teams since 2016. (National Championships)
Le Moyne (6x)
NYIT (5x)
LIU Post (4x)
Merrimack (2x)
Dowling (1x)
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

D2fan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 pm 1. Adelphi
2. Mercyhurst
4. Seton Hill
5. St. Anslem

I agree with that list from top to bottom. Just checked the Mercy website and still has Levine as HC... Guessing the search isn't done yet. Pretty crazy- I wonder what Fall Ball looks like for that team. Must be weird after coming off the best season in program history.
D2fan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 pm The North will have lost the following teams since 2016. (National Championships)
Le Moyne (6x)
NYIT (5x)
LIU Post (4x)
Merrimack (2x)
Dowling (1x)

Also that former natty champs list from the North is INSANE.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

If Le Moyne goes that may be the tipping point.

You can't lose 6/10 of the top ten from 2016 and still expect to be competitive overall as a division. Tampa will reign over until they also decide to go d1.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

lax1983 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:22 pm If Le Moyne goes that may be the tipping point.

You can't lose 6/10 of the top ten from 2016 and still expect to be competitive overall as a division. Tampa will reign over until they also decide to go d1.
Tampa is not that much farther ahead of the pack. They were in quite a few close games last year.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

I agree last year, but moving forward with JB at the helm... look what he did at Limestone now imagine that with the resources and allure of UT. They also lost their best player and leading scorer like 3 weeks before the season.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

Timing... Sounds like Coach Sheehan told the team that Le Moyne planned to play DI for the 2023-2024 season.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

D2fan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 pm
1. Adelphi
2. Mercyhurst

4. Seton Hill
5. St. Anslem

The North will have lost the following teams since 2016. (National Championships)
Le Moyne (6x)
NYIT (5x)
LIU Post (4x)
Merrimack (2x)
Dowling (1x)
Ouch!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I just watched LeMoyne over Mercy 10-8 on N10 online network. Nice, intense game but no surprise given that it's a big DII rivalry.

Win # 350 for Coach Dan Sheehan. Many kudos for his great career success.

Over the years I complained on the old LP forum that I did not want a shot clock because of the lack of parity in college lax. This especially in DII and even more son in DIII. While I still have my reservations about it, I'm very glad to see that we now have a lot more parity in the college game. This intensifies the games and make them a lot more fun. Thus, I have reconciled myself somewhat to the idea of a shot clock.

Continued good luck and success to all the teams, players, and coaches.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”