January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Jumbo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:43 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:38 am
Jumbo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 pm Just to clarify. So anyone that loves America, is in a cult? Are there any other characteristics we should be looking for?
Sorry, this post is so silly it doesn't merit a real response. Troll elsewhere maybe.
Someone literally said they were a cult. In fact, it was you. Are you now saying they aren’t a cult and your original response was silly? Or are you saying it is silly to question your response??
I am saying that the suggestion that "anyone who loves America...is in a cult" is a stupid statement, and appears to me to be only an effort to troll folks here. If you are suggesting that only folks who have taken the fidelity oath to former President Trump "love America," then you are just being a pumpkinhead, or a troll, or both. Signing off with you Mr. Jumbo.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:53 am
Jumbo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 pm Just to clarify. So anyone that loves America, is in a cult? Are there any other characteristics we should be looking for?
Sorry, this post is so silly it doesn't merit a real response. Troll elsewhere maybe.
Someone literally said they were a cult. In fact, it was you. Are you now saying they aren’t a cult and your original response was silly? Or are you saying it is silly to question your response??
I am saying that the suggestion that "anyone who loves America...is in a cult" is a stupid statement, and appears to me to be only an effort to troll folks here. If you are suggesting that only folks who have taken the fidelity oath to former President Trump "love America," then you are just being a pumpkinhead, or a troll, or both. Signing off with you Mr. Jumbo.
Nah. I was reading a circle jerk of some kids that generalized “MAGAts” and was called childish and a cult member. Now a troll. Sometimes I am generally curious what goes through the minds of others that would label people MAGAts.
Sorry that a simple question threw you so off center that you couldn’t respond.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Correct though please refrain from using pumkinhead because that is sometimes a term of endearment for Hobart athletes....
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Jumbo (whether trolling or not - I'll not worry about that for now) raises a question/point that is worth exploring. There are a lot of people in the world that are happy to label people in order to dismiss and/or "other" them.

Whether it is MAGATs or liberal fools or FLP's (still not sure what that stands for?) the typecasting dismissive sneers aren't going to win over anyone, maybe they're intended to earn cheers and knowing looks from those within your own "in-crowd"?

In the end, all they do is solidify the Us-v-Them mentality and virtue signal to some tribe you think you are a member of.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:26 pmliberal fools
interesting that l --- i --- b --- t --- a --- r --- d ---s translates to "liberal fools" under the no-no words rules? At least the AI knows ONE slur when it sees one....

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:26 pm Jumbo (whether trolling or not - I'll not worry about that for now) raises a question/point that is worth exploring. There are a lot of people in the world that are happy to label people in order to dismiss and/or "other" them.

Whether it is MAGATs or liberal fools or FLP's (still not sure what that stands for?) the typecasting dismissive sneers aren't going to win over anyone, maybe they're intended to earn cheers and knowing looks from those within your own "in-crowd"?

In the end, all they do is solidify the Us-v-Them mentality and virtue signal to some tribe you think you are a member of.
The context here is important. We're in the Jan 6th thread.

So to me (and most here, I'd wager), there's miles and miles difference between the people who protested peacefully and legally in DC....and those who broke the law, invaded our Capital....putting them feet away Senators (!), and who the F knows what would have happened if they got to them.

What kept Jan 6th from being a bloodbath are the DC police who could have REASONABLY simply emptied their clips on those who were inside the building. And heaven help us if the Capitol was like I would prefer----much better armaments INSIDE the building, having hopefully learned our lessons from 9/11.

Want to vote Trump? Great. Protest in DC? Cool. Break laws? Don't care if your Antifa or the Jan 6th crew (what would you like us to call them?)....jail. And for me? Much of what the antifa crew did was WORSE....because they used fire in a few cases. That's insane. That shows you're reckless and stupid, and deserve VERY long terms, imho.

BTW, the term MAGA, implies that you don't love America as is. That you USED to love it, but don't now. It's as bad of a choice of acronym as BLM. The intent is great, the execution isn't.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:55 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:26 pm Jumbo (whether trolling or not - I'll not worry about that for now) raises a question/point that is worth exploring. There are a lot of people in the world that are happy to label people in order to dismiss and/or "other" them.

So to me (and most here, I'd wager), there's miles and miles difference between the people who protested peacefully and legally in DC....and those who broke the law, invaded our Capital....putting them feet away Senators (!), and who the F knows what would have happened if they got to them.

What kept Jan 6th from being a bloodbath are the DC police who could have REASONABLY simply emptied their clips on those who were inside the building. And heaven help us if the Capitol was like I would prefer----much better armaments INSIDE the building, having hopefully learned our lessons from 9/11.

Want to vote Trump? Great. Protest in DC? Cool. Break laws? Don't care if your Antifa or the Jan 6th crew (what would you like us to call them?)....jail. And for me? Much of what the antifa crew did was WORSE....because they used fire in a few cases. That's insane. That shows you're reckless and stupid, and deserve VERY long terms, imho.

BTW, the term MAGA, implies that you don't love America as is. That you USED to love it, but don't now. It's as bad of a choice of acronym as BLM. The intent is great, the execution isn't.
you and I are talking about two completely different things. And I agree with the illogic between the campaign slogan and the people who use it now - can't fix stupid.

Jumbo's poke seems to me to be centered around the derogatory use of "MAGAt" to (I assume) describe supposed Trump supporters and those who can't understand the nuance that you pointed out.

The over-reaction by posters to his comment are a good indication that they know they have been using the term derisively. And intentionally so. And they don't want to admit that they are using it as a substitute for "white trash piece of shite" (as the Irish would say).

I made no comment about the protesters nor the revolutionary insurrectionists. I would not stand downwind of anyone involved on any side of that regrettable event...

My point is merely that name calling does nothing to find common ground or convince someone to see things your way.....

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:16 pm you and I are talking about two completely different things. And I agree with the illogic between the campaign slogan and the people who use it now - can't fix stupid.

Jumbo's poke seems to me to be centered around the derogatory use of "MAGAt" to (I assume) describe supposed Trump supporters and those who can't understand the nuance that you pointed out.

The over-reaction by posters to his comment are a good indication that they know they have been using the term derisively. And intentionally so. And they don't want to admit that they are using it as a substitute for "white trash piece of shite" (as the Irish would say).

I made no comment about the protesters nor the revolutionary insurrectionists. I would not stand downwind of anyone involved on any side of that regrettable event...

My point is merely that name calling does nothing to find common ground or convince someone to see things your way.....
I understand. But that's never going to happen....it's only going to get worse.

If you ask an American partisan? They don't believe there's such thing as an American moderate. They think that you're either with them, or you're on the other "team".

This is absurd, of course. Most of us are in the middle. That's what makes it the middle. ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MAGAts, MAGA-ites, MAGA-ers, pick your term. It's dome all the time Yumbo.

They evidently "love" an America as defined by their cult leader, Donald J. Orange Cheeto. See? We use nicknames all the time, ala Orange Duce and his absolute LOVE of derogatory nicknames.

BTW, Hoo, "FLP" = Far Left Progressive...a favorite "slur" used by C&S (to NO ONE'S chagrin...).

America First is also a mega-loaded term that means WAY different things to different folks. This is where Yummy's attempts at trolling really falls flat...which FFG spotted the moment Yum typed it.

Sounds a lot like our old friend Petey...or maybe 6-Foot Stick reincarnated...they tend to speak with a very similar voice.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Jumbo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:02 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:21 am Here is the abbreviated Fulton County Grand Jury Report:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/document ... l_manual_4

Doesn't really permit a lot of tea-leave reading. But, who do you think committed perjury? I am hoping it includes Graham.
Talk about anticlimactic.

Cue the MAGAts to read into this that they've got nothing on Trump.
What is a MAGAts? Are you referring to people that want to make this country great? Just trying to keep up with the gen z lingo
Are you serious about this question? Where have you been since 2016? Here's some help. Just click the link.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=what+is+a+MAGAt%3F

And thanks for the compliment. This guy, born smack dab in the middle of the baby boom, appreciates the age compliment. Strange how you can make the assumption of my age without ever having seen me though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

People wear MAGA hats and carve it into bathroom walls. If one wears it with pride is that the same as labeling someone else unsolicited as FLP or liberal fool? People who associate with MAGA want to be in that tribe. They just want to control the conversation and all definitions and the meaning of language while living in a perpetual state of. Utter ness and victimhood while projecting those same attributes into others they don’t understand. 3/4 of my remaining family falls into this category, ie refer to you the great Elmira/Corning MSA where a chunk of my fathers remaining family resides.

And how do you feel about the method of inquiry and when we’re talking name calling referring to me as Gen Z which is factually incorrect or then referring to Circle jerk and by the way I didn’t use the term MAGA just when that dipshit walks in and declares everyone has to agree with his dumb definition that MAGA means “loves America” without asking or attempting to have discourse about such a definition you know that person has an agenda and is acting in bad faith. I know you’re smart and thoughtful enough to know and see through that if you go back to his entry point into this.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:28 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:26 pmliberal fools
interesting that l --- i --- b --- t --- a --- r --- d ---s translates to "liberal fools" under the no-no words rules? At least the AI knows ONE slur when it sees one....
It’s the second half I suspect. Got the same change.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:16 pm

you and I are talking about two completely different things. And I agree with the illogic between the campaign slogan and the people who use it now - can't fix stupid.

Au contraire. I'm readily and admittedly using it as a substitute for white trash piece of shite, although I don't restrict my derision to only white MAGAts. And I also don't consider all conservatives, or Republicans, or anyone else for that matter, to be MAGAts. Only those who blindly follow the lying Orange One.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Right only dumb people playing games would suggest otherwise
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:21 am Here is the abbreviated Fulton County Grand Jury Report:

Doesn't really permit a lot of tea-leave reading. But, who do you think committed perjury? I am hoping it includes Graham.

What is a MAGAts? Are you referring to people that want to make this country great? Just trying to keep up with the gen z lingo
Are you serious about this question? Where have you been since 2016? Here's some help. Just click the link.

And thanks for the compliment. This guy, born smack dab in the middle of the baby boom, appreciates the age compliment. Strange how you can make the assumption of my age without ever having seen me though.
Sorry I wasn’t aware of the childish behaviors. Thanks for updating me. I wouldn’t be bragging about being a boomers and trying to talk like a kid. MAGAts. Classic.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Exactly my point. Debate is good for education. When kids try to demean or degrade 1/2 the country with name calling, it ends debate. Never heard of FLP either.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

[/
Last edited by Jumbo on Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Because it’s passive aggressive baby stuff by someone starting from a point fo bad faith without having attempted anything productive prior to this in this entire line of inquiry, thread or politics in the last how many years. It was “chess move” #1 to cheat the game.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:28 pm MAGAts, MAGA-ites, MAGA-ers, pick your term. It's dome all the time Yumbo.

They evidently "love" an America as defined by their cult leader, Donald J. Orange Cheeto. See? We use nicknames all the time, ala Orange Duce and his absolute LOVE of derogatory nicknames.

BTW, Hoo, "FLP" = Far Left Progressive...a favorite "slur" used by C&S (to NO ONE'S chagrin...).

America First is also a mega-loaded term that means WAY different things to different folks. This is where Yummy's attempts at trolling really falls flat...which FFG spotted the moment Yum typed it.

Sounds a lot like our old friend Petey...or maybe 6-Foot Stick reincarnated...they tend to speak with a very similar voice.

Yeah it hasn’t been cute in a while if ever and it’s not a worthy form of sophistry under any circumstances. The dude cant understand any logic let alone this Gen z thing he keeps talking about which isn’t germane to anyone here but intended to be a shot yet instead looks more foolish.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Jumbo - seeing that this is the topic of this thread - do give us your take on January 6. We''ll await your response. Thanks.

Return to “POLITICS”