Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Wheels,Wheels!

Re: Live Game Action

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

I wonder if they can improve, given the lack of experience the current players came away with after last year’s structure. They were beaten from the first draw. Lost must 50/50 balls by lack of effort. Were beaten up field consistently, most of the time looking less athletic than Bing, no defensive IQ ( free cutters all day). Terrible goalie play( a gigantic strength last year). Besides the lack of skill shown today, they will have to improve their heart and hustle which Bing brought to every possession. Tough love needed.
It will be interesting the gauge the Pitt/Clemson team program building blueprint(grad heavy at inception) vs. USF(full recruit class approach)?
Will a floundering 2nd season at Pitt be a foreshadowing for Clemson to change their build process for next year, let younger recruits contribute sooner?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm I wonder if they can improve, given the lack of experience the current players came away with after last year’s structure. They were beaten from the first draw. Lost must 50/50 balls by lack of effort. Were beaten up field consistently, most of the time looking less athletic than Bing, no defensive IQ ( free cutters all day). Terrible goalie play( a gigantic strength last year). Besides the lack of skill shown today, they will have to improve their heart and hustle which Bing brought to every possession. Tough love needed.
It will be interesting the gauge the Pitt/Clemson team program building blueprint(grad heavy at inception) vs. USF(full recruit class approach)?
Will a floundering 2nd season at Pitt be a foreshadowing for Clemson to change their build process for next year, let younger recruits contribute sooner?
I think any new program, especially in the ACC needs to rely on grad transfers to get started. The younger girls need their knowledge to understand the pace of the game. I think Pitt honestly will struggle this season. Clemson I’m not sure I guess time will tell
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Fischer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:59 pm
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm I wonder if they can improve, given the lack of experience the current players came away with after last year’s structure. They were beaten from the first draw. Lost must 50/50 balls by lack of effort. Were beaten up field consistently, most of the time looking less athletic than Bing, no defensive IQ ( free cutters all day). Terrible goalie play( a gigantic strength last year). Besides the lack of skill shown today, they will have to improve their heart and hustle which Bing brought to every possession. Tough love needed.
I think any new program, especially in the ACC needs to rely on grad transfers to get started. The younger girls need their knowledge to understand the pace of the game. I think Pitt honestly will struggle this season. Clemson I’m not sure I guess time will tell
Pitt's loss to Binghamton was a damaging one. For an upcoming program that wants to compete in the ACC you just can't afford to lose games like that. They didn't just loose, they got dominated by a low tier D1 school. Recruits will notice. Could be down to the fact that they have alot of young players so yes i agree senior leadership is crucial. Still a bad look.They'll be lucky to win more than 3 games this year. I don't think Clemson will suffer the same fate because right off the bat they have already managed to lend some high level recruits so they can always out talent lower tier teams. The challenge with clemson will come in competing with the big teams. I see them as mid tier ACC team like a UVA. I don't see them breaking into elite status anytime soon, if ever.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fischer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:59 pm
IDK, I think they will improve but by how much....clueless there. They did just look lost at times, especially on the defensive end.

I am interested in the USF vs ACC model of building a program as well as how the D2 teams progress. It is one of the more interesting aspects of this expansion.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

NU leads ND 4-3 late in second quarter. Both goalies playing great
DMac

Post by DMac »

Would love to watch this but it's on the B1G+ SUCKS+++.
Forty bucks for one sport only, one school only, subscription fee?
Must not want too many people watching the B1G games.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:48 pm NU leads ND 4-3 late in second quarter. Both goalies playing great
Scane train!
Choma for ND..and that’s about all..HP must be like where is my offense ….Ahern rough night .
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

we all love the Scane train but NW's lack of secondary scoring may be their undoing this year..against better teams others will have to step up
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:48 pm
Justalaxdad wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:48 pm NU leads ND 4-3 late in second quarter. Both goalies playing great
Scane train!
Choma for ND..and that’s about all..HP must be like where is my offense ….Ahern rough night .
Odds that Choma transfers at the end of the season? ND is just not good enough for a player of her talent
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:53 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:48 pm
Scane train!
Odds that Choma transfers at the end of the season? ND is just not good enough for a player of her talent
Doubt it. She loves the school. She’s there for duration
Side note the NU announcers are very entertaining!
Last edited by Madlax59 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:52 pm we all love the Scane train but NW's lack of secondary scoring may be their undoing this year..against better teams others will have to step up
They do have six different goal scorers and six different players with assists so far tonight. Six goal scorers and five players with assists in the Syracuse game. It's not like Scane's the only one doing the work.

And, of course, as I say this, Izzy Scane scores her eighth goal of the evening lol
user1020

Post by user1020 »

ultravisitor wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:00 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:52 pm we all love the Scane train but NW's lack of secondary scoring may be their undoing this year..against better teams others will have to step up
They do have six different goal scorers and six different players with assists so far tonight. Six goal scorers and five players with assists in the Syracuse game. It's not like Scane's the only one doing the work.

And, of course, as I say this, Izzy Scane scores her eighth goal of the evening lol
At what point does scoring 10 points a game hurt the team more than help it?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

user1020 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:02 pm

Who knows? They are winning, though, so ::shrug::

And make that 11 points now.

Actually, make that 12.

NU timeout. Time for more of the bench to come in?
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:00 pm Would love to watch this but it's on the B1G+ SUCKS+++.
I thought forty to watch lacrosse all season was reasonable ;) I think it covers all schools and all mens and women’s games but maybe I misunderstood
user1020

Post by user1020 »

ultravisitor wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:04 pm

Actually, make that 12.

Shrug is right. Don’t get me wrong Scane is a phenomenal player, but if I was a coach I just couldn't support that style of offense.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

user1020 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:10 pm

Actually, make that 12.

Shrug is right. Don’t get me wrong Scane is a phenomenal player, but if I was a coach I just couldn't support that style of offense.
I mean, I'm not watching--unfortunately--so I can't see what's going on to judge. All I can do is watch the live stats.
DMac

Post by DMac »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:09 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:00 pm Would love to watch this but it's on the B1G+ SUCKS+++.
I thought forty to watch lacrosse all season was reasonable ;) I think it covers all schools and all mens and women’s games but maybe I misunderstood
I got as far as picking a sport, then had to pick a school, that's as far as I went.

The speedster S. Smith with 6 more DCs (2 goals too) for NU, that's 15 in two games.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Actually, make that 12.

What do you mean by “that style of offense”? If you have a player, the other team can’t stop, what would you do, tell her not to score? That’s like telling Michael Jordan not to score.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Actually, make that 12.

In women's lacrosse you can't have a one woman offense and expect to win at a high level. Every coach and former player will tell you that. Izzy Scane all but has he has the Tewey wrapped up but cmon..Get some of the other players in, run offensive sets not just give it to Izzy and see what happens.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:20 pm

Actually, make that 12.

In women's lacrosse you can't have a one woman offense and expect to win at a high level. Every coach and former player will tell you that. Izzy Scane all but has he has the Tewey wrapped up but cmon..Get some of the other players in, run offensive sets not just give it to Izzy and see what happens.
9 players have taken shots for Northwestern in this game. 7 of them have scored goals.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”