Lacrosse Bets Week 3

D1 Mens Lacrosse
chosen1lax

Lacrosse Bets Week 3

Post by chosen1lax »

Interesting game tonight. JHU sitting at +1.5 vs UNC after beating Gtown and JVille. Jville win looking for impressive after last weekend. I'd be inclined to play JHU +1.5, but interested as to why people think they are a dog.

- The Chosen1
sinman6

Re: Lacrosse Bets Week 3

Post by sinman6 »

I like JHU and the points, too. Hopkins has looked too good to not jump on the points…
HGK

Post by HGK »

If Hopkins replicates the goalie, faceoff and motion offense play from Saturday, i’d think they win by 3 or 4. Guessing the line is a function of a blowout for UNC and a “letdown” for Hopkins?
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

chosen1lax wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:29 am Interesting game tonight. JHU sitting at +1.5 vs UNC after beating Gtown and JVille. Jville win looking for impressive after last weekend. I'd be inclined to play JHU +1.5, but interested as to why people think they are a dog.

- The Chosen1
Preseason expectations and quick turn around from a tough game Saturday I would say. Been on Hopkins both wins so far but think UNC takes this one
chosen1lax

Post by chosen1lax »

flyerfan17 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:50 pm
chosen1lax wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:29 am Interesting game tonight. JHU sitting at +1.5 vs UNC after beating Gtown and JVille. Jville win looking for impressive after last weekend. I'd be inclined to play JHU +1.5, but interested as to why people think they are a dog.

- The Chosen1
Preseason expectations and quick turn around from a tough game Saturday I would say. Been on Hopkins both wins so far but think UNC takes this one
credit where credit is due! you were right on
chosen1lax

Post by chosen1lax »

Time for a bounce back week fellas! As always, just my opinion, would love to hear games we agree / disagree. Lastly, make sure you gamble responsibly.

Duke vs Denver - DU +5.5
Rich vs Bucknell - Bucknell +2.5
Loyola vs Johns Hopkins - JHU PK
RU vs ARMY - ARMY +2.5
GTOEN vs Upenn - UPENN +1.5
Bryant vs Boston U -2.5
Albany vs Cornell - Cornell -8.5
Hobart vs lehigh - LEHIGH -3.5
SB vs PSU PENN STATE -3.5
St Joes vs TU - ST Joes -1.5 (Lock of the week)
UMICH vs Hofstra - hofstra +6.5
MERRIMACK vs Dartmouth - MC -3.5
MARYLAND vs CUSE - UMD -4.5
Quinnipiac vs Brown - Quinnipiac +8.5
DREXEL vs UMBC - Drexal -1.5
Vermont vs UTAH - UVM -1.5
UVA vs Harvard - UVA -5.5
VILLANOVA vs Yale - Villanova +2.5
OHIO STATE vs UNC - OSU -1.5

- The Chosen 1
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

Really liking BU -2.5 (v. Bryant) and Holy Cross -1.5 (v. Mercer). Dabbling with money line for other games.
SlingtheRock7

Post by SlingtheRock7 »

@Chosen1, I like the majority of your picks, or can at least understand why you'd lean a certain way. I personally am staying away from the Merrimack/ Dartmouth game. Merrimack has been solid so far, but I'm interested to see what Dartmouth looks like after a very good season last year (for their recent standards). It was a 2 goal game in 2022, and 3.5 is just a little too much for me and has scared me off.

The only pick I really disagree with is taking Army +2.5 vs. Rutgers. Army was extremely underwhelming last weekend against a UMass team that graduated a good amount after the 2022 season. Replacing Nichtern was always going o be a challenge; however, I didn't expect Army to look as lost on the offensive end of the field as they did last week. They struggled to win 1v1 matchups and often settled for what I thought were heavily contested/bad shots. Knote did have 19 saves on 27 shots faced for UMass, but a lot of those saves came on low-angle/percentage attempts. Army even managed to control faceoff X for the most part, with Coletti going 57%, but failed to translate that possession advantage to goals. Army's D looked solid, but the offense appears to be an issue IMO.

Rutgers is 2-0 coming off a closer-than-expected (at least for me) game against Stony Brook. Haven't watched a lot of them this year, but I think they cover -2.5. I believe Neuman at least keeps it very close at the X, and if he does happen to have trouble, Rutgers can always turn to Dugenio, who went 56% in his attempts last year v. Army. Last year Rutgers won at home 13-10, and my bet is that they will win again @ West Point by 3-4. But who knows? Army could figure out the offensive end and pull it off, or Rutgers may not be as good as I think they are. Just my opinion here.

Appreciate you posting your picks each week!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Rutgers is 2-0 coming off a closer-than-expected (at least for me) game against Stony Brook.
The Stony Brook goalie had 23 saves,

and some “pundits” are calling it for Stony Brook over
Delaware in the CAA this year.
SlingtheRock7

Post by SlingtheRock7 »

That goalie performance and my lack of due diligence on how good Stony Brook is expected to be would explain the result then. Appreciate the info!
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

chosen1lax wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:43 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:50 pm

- The Chosen1
credit where credit is due! you were right on
Yeah got lucky thank you. What two great defenses though. Nobody could get anything close to their shot for most of the game. Hopkins wore down in the 4th I think. Some schedule they are playing
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Dear Forum Colleagues,

Gambling is bad.

Sports gambling is bad.

It is especially bad for individuals who have previously displayed addictive behaviors (no names … you know who you are).

Don’t gamble.

That is all.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Take it easy Doc. Live a little.

I like Michigan -6.5
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Massachusetts -11 1/2
Dartmouth +3 1/2
UVA-Harvard over 26 1/2
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 am Dear Forum Colleagues,

Gambling is bad.

Sports gambling is bad.

It is especially bad for individuals who have previously displayed addictive behaviors (no names … you know who you are).

Don’t gamble.

That is all.

DocBarrister
Know what else is bad? Corn starch and sugar. Bet you had both of those today, so let everyone live their lives how they choose and keep that negativity out of this forum. Namaste brother
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

BIGDAWG wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 am Dear Forum Colleagues,

Gambling is bad.

Sports gambling is bad.

Don’t gamble.

That is all.

DocBarrister
Know what else is bad? Corn starch and sugar. Bet you had both of those today, so let everyone live their lives how they choose and keep that negativity out of this forum. Namaste brother
Gamblers Anonymous:

https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/locations

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Doc - I'm sure you love a good cheeseburger every now and then. With french fries on the side? Perhaps a beer or bourbon to wash it down? Maybe you light up a victory cigar after those rare Hopkins wins and enjoy a slice of chocolate cake and a scoop of ice-cream. All of these are not necessarily good for you. But all things are fine in moderation, especially those victory cigars.
chosen1lax

Post by chosen1lax »

chosen1lax wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:59 pm Time for a bounce back week fellas! As always, just my opinion, would love to hear games we agree / disagree. Lastly, make sure you gamble responsibly.

Duke vs Denver - DU +5.5 W
Rich vs Bucknell - Bucknell +2.5 L
Loyola vs Johns Hopkins - JHU PK L
RU vs ARMY - ARMY +2.5 W
GTOEN vs Upenn - UPENN +1.5 W
Bryant vs Boston U -2.5 L
Albany vs Cornell - Cornell -8.5 L
Hobart vs lehigh - LEHIGH -3.5 W
SB vs PSU PENN STATE -3.5 W
St Joes vs TU - ST Joes -1.5 (Lock of the week) W
UMICH vs Hofstra - hofstra +6.5 W
MERRIMACK vs Dartmouth - MC -3.5 L
MARYLAND vs CUSE - UMD -4.5 L
Quinnipiac vs Brown - Quinnipiac +8.5 W
DREXEL vs UMBC - Drexal -1.5 L
Vermont vs UTAH - UVM -1.5 L
UVA vs Harvard - UVA -5.5 L
VILLANOVA vs Yale - Villanova +2.5 L
OHIO STATE vs UNC - OSU -1.5 W

- The Chosen 1
Another wild week of college lacrosse! How lucky are we? Some wild finishes and good upsets. How bout that backdoor by Harvard, truly can't make that up. Overall record is hurting, but finally got a lock (barely, LOL)
Week 3 Record: 9-10
Overall locks 1-2

- The Chosen 1

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”