Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Sunnylax

Re: Boston College

Post by Sunnylax »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:23 pm This is misinformation regarding BC middie play. BC played 6 middies most of the game on 2 middie lines that played fairly even. BC did the same thing last year during regular season. In fact sometimes played 3 lines. They will shorten middie lines in tournament but very rarely during regular season. Go back and watch the game and you will see players like the Weeks off the field more then they are on it.
It's not misinformation. She doesn't use her bench well. You have the #1 ranked HS player on the team who barely played last year. (yes, I Know, rankings don't always mean much) For years she played very few bench players going back even to the time of the 'Big 3'. I know this bc I had a daughter play on an ACC team so followed lax and esp ACC closely. Perhaps she's tweaking her strategy?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Medjid on the sidelines in sweats. Hopefully just precautionary. Don't like to see anyone taken out by a cheap shot.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Really hope she returns to 100% ASAP. Really impressed with her the few times I saw her in high school. Another Long Islander. Very glad she is having a great career at Boston College.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:31 pm Really hope she returns to 100% ASAP. Really impressed with her the few times I saw her in high school. Another Long Islander. Very glad she is having a great career at Boston College.
I feel like BC this year looks like UNC last year . Lot of scorers , lot of depth , great ride , and defense causing a lot of TO.
watcherinthewoods

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:49 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:31 pm Really hope she returns to 100% ASAP. Really impressed with her the few times I saw her in high school. Another Long Islander. Very glad she is having a great career at Boston College.
I feel like BC this year looks like UNC last year . Lot of scorers , lot of depth , great ride , and defense causing a lot of TO.
Not too sure about that ... but they have been much more athletic than their first two opponents. McKenna Davis has been largely unheralded, but she has a great lax IQ and is off to a great start in 2023. Nice upside for the Eags as the attack figures out who they are without North.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:32 pm
Not too sure about that ... but they have been much more athletic than their first two opponents. McKenna Davis has been largely unheralded, but she has a great lax IQ and is off to a great start in 2023. Nice upside for the Eags as the attack figures out who they are without North.
always funny when weather is beautiful and BC plays indoors no spectators…
watcherinthewoods

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:43 pm
Maybe AWW is avoiding the porta potties for as many games as possible :lol:
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

Wait. Are you saying BC still is not allowing spectators?
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

LaxThoughts wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:10 pm
Occupancy is limited in Fish. I assume because it's a practice facility, not intended to be a public stadium? Not a COVID thing. Just no seating, limited facilities, etc.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:55 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:43 pm
Maybe AWW is avoiding the porta potties for as many games as possible :lol:
Absurd that they played indoors. 50+ degrees here in NE yesterday. Porta potties at a D1 facility is pathetic!
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

GratefulRed wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:20 pm
LaxThoughts wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:10 pm
Occupancy is limited in Fish. I assume because it's a practice facility, not intended to be a public stadium? Not a COVID thing. Just no seating, limited facilities, etc.
There are walls of multiple garage doors on two sides of Fish. If they had opened those, it would have felt more like an outdoor game and allowed more spectators to peer in.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I'm sure it's frustrating for fans to not be able to attend games in person at least until later in the season. But obviously weather can intercede in Boston in February and March. While on the surface it seems they could make a last minute call as to inside or outside, I doubt it is as simple as that. And key to fans around the country who want to watch the game is TV coverage. The networks need lead time to set up their cameras, etc. The simply aren't going to set up both venues to broadcast a wlax game just in case an outside game gets moved indoors at the last minute. I believe it has happened a few times in recent years that games that were started outside, and were being televised, had to get moved inside (not talking BC here) at which point there was no TV coverage. Fans were really unhappy about that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Finally got around to watching the USC-BC game and my overriding impression was...that USC is bad, plays poor defense, and doesn't play much defense at all when they are down a player. But I do think BC is very good, and -- assuming no injuries to important players like Medjid -- they will just get better and better and more and more comfortable as the weeks go by.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sunnylax wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:00 am
Absurd that they played indoors. 50+ degrees here in NE yesterday. Porta potties at a D1 facility is pathetic!
Would you have put any money on it being that kind of day in NE when the schedules were being put together?
Fully agree on the porta potties.
I don't like the indoor facilities that can't accommodate fans either but I do think it's better than playing outdoors
when the weather is just awful (lot of fans aren't showing up for that either). Seems as if the coverage leaves a lot
to be desired from these facilities too, camera angles are awful.
Gotta love that Dome, plenty of seating, men's rooms, ladies' rooms, beer, nachos, dogs. The best. ;)
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am
Would you have put any money on it being that kind of day in NE when the schedules were being put together?
I don't like the indoor facilities that can't accommodate fans either but I do think it's better than playing outdoors
when the weather is just awful (lot of fans aren't showing up for that either). Seems as if the coverage leaves a lot
Gotta love that Dome, plenty of seating, men's rooms, ladies' rooms, beer, nachos, dogs. The best. ;)
Their “regular field” is field turf, the weather forecasts are very accurate these days 48 hours in advance, there was not a good reason to play that game indoors except that BC thinks it gives them an advantage. It is their home game so they have that prerogative. But as a fan I would rather see the games played outdoors. Three years ago Vanderbilt played at BC, outdoors on their regular field in February, 35 degrees weather. BC won 15-12. The cold weather didn’t seem to bother the players or the fans who looked to be all dressed warmly.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

no, but the weather weeks prior to the game has been warm and future reports indicated just that.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Hearing that it is only an ankle for Medjid...which is great news based on the initial rumors that were floating out there. With her healthy, BC might be the pick to win it all.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

TNLAX wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:23 am
Their “regular field” is field turf, the weather forecasts are very accurate these days 48 hours in advance, there was not a good reason to play that game indoors except that BC thinks it gives them an advantage. It is their home game so they have that prerogative. But as a fan I would rather see the games played outdoors. Three years ago Vanderbilt played at BC, outdoors on their regular field in February, 35 degrees weather. BC won 15-12. The cold weather didn’t seem to bother the players or the fans who looked to be all dressed warmly.
^^ totally agree, gives them an advantage prob. better stats too when you dont have to worry about wind, rain, sun in your eyes (lol) etc. Also is B Smith riding a consecutive goals record? Is that why she had to shoot with like 10 seconds left? just wondering...
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:04 pm
^^ totally agree, gives them an advantage prob. better stats too when you dont have to worry about wind, rain, sun in your eyes (lol) etc. Also is B Smith riding a consecutive goals record? Is that why she had to shoot with like 10 seconds left? just wondering...
has to be right? so clearly wanted to score.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Sunnylax wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:10 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:04 pm
has to be right? so clearly wanted to score.
if that had been north, ortega, etc last yer they would have gotten roasted.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”