Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Live Game Action

Post by njbill »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:13 pm Philly freshman announced her arrival
Hey, 8m, can't resist. Moorestown held her to three goals last year. She scored five against JMU today. :lol:
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:13 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:38 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:30 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:42 pm Heels looking their age..young, a little frantic on attack, but high energy. Haven’t seen Hillman, does anyone know if she’s dealing with another injury?
JMU is awful. Unc should be winning by 10 Easy
UNC is young ... no Dirks, no Hillman to add some maturity. I am not sure Wutzburger has the "stuff" needed to be the on field go-to. Nice to see some of the UNC upper class players get some time on the field and freshman making an impact. Cuse and NU look much more game-ready as of today. UNC has work to do but would not count them out for a return to the final four.
Philly freshman announced her arrival
Definitely as advertised.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:30 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:42 pm Heels looking their age..young, a little frantic on attack, but high energy. Haven’t seen Hillman, does anyone know if she’s dealing with another injury?
JMU is awful. Unc should be winning by 10 Easy
I only saw bits and pieces of the game, but they looked a little over excited on attack, which I kind of expected.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:19 pm I know its not WLAX, but Hounds just beat the Terps :o :o :o
Saw that too! :shock:
user1020

Post by user1020 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:52 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:19 pm I know its not WLAX, but Hounds just beat the Terps :o :o :o
Saw that too! :shock:
Roll Hounds :D :D
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Clemson 23 - Wofford 1. Embarrassing for both teams.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:16 pm The UNC/JMU game was played at a lower level than the Cuse/NU one. As expected, UNC has dropped back. Maybe switch Casey and Wurzburger? Really odd seeing someone other than Ortega wearing no. 3. Nice debut by Philly girl White. Don't know the nature of the Tarheels' injuries, but if those two are able to return, that will help. Bright spot was goalie play. She played pretty darn well, I thought. Will be interested in seeing how this Tarheel squad does against better competition. They won't be as good as the 2021 and 2022 teams, but then again no other team will be either this year. At this very early point, they look to me like the no. 3 team in the ACC, behind Boston College and da Cuse.
Cuse looked good, not amazing. That attack is filthy with the Tyrells, Ward and Carney. That defense..leaves alot to be desired. I think With Cuse they'll have to win in shootouts. Northwestern looked good too. Scane didn't miss a beat. The Freshman Taylor stepped up as well. But that goaltending..ooof. BC prob looked the best today but i'm not sold on them yet. MD will struggle on offense against better teams. I just don't see the fire power there like i do with other teams. I would agree that UNC is 3rd right now in the ACC. but they have the highest upside and room for growth. Marissa White will be a problem. They'll be competitive but i think next year will be their year with the arrival of lacrosse's appointed chosen one in Chloe Humphrey
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, the Clemson game was a rout but it was their first ever program game so I’m willing to cut them some slack. And soon enough – very soon – they will be jumping into the deep end of the pool.

I thought they looked OK, although not as good as Pitt looked last year. They will have a rough go of it in the ACC (said captain obvious).

No surprise, they sure do sports well at Clemson. Very nice crowd, much bigger than the crowd at the UNC game. The school band was there, although they may have a number of band “teams” to cover all of the events. They will have a brand new lacrosse facility next year.

All in all, a very nice start for the program.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm Yes, the Clemson game was a rout but it was their first ever program game so I’m willing to cut them some slack. And soon enough – very soon – they will be jumping into the deep end of the pool.

I thought they looked OK, although not as good as Pitt looked last year. They will have a rough go of it in the ACC (said captain obvious).

No surprise, they sure do sports well at Clemson. Very nice crowd, much bigger than the crowd at the UNC game. The school band was there, although they may have a number of band “teams” to cover all of the events. They will have a brand new lacrosse facility next year.

All in all, a very nice start for the program.
I agree. Not a pretty score, but in an opening game you want everyone involved.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Just watched BC/USC. A lot to say about BC ... but let's leave it at rusty for sure (and for a 1st game, completely normal). USC proving why the emergence of the PAC-12 is still media-stoked hype.

Anyone have an update on Medjid? Horrible cheap shot (and deserved second yellow) from the Florida transfer. As they say, you can take the Gator out of Gainesville ...

Hoping that the injury is nothing serious.
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:24 am Just watched BC/USC. A lot to say about BC ... but let's leave it at rusty for sure (and for a 1st game, completely normal). USC proving why the emergence of the PAC-12 is still media-stoked hype.

Anyone have an update on Medjid? Horrible cheap shot (and deserved second yellow) from the Florida transfer. As they say, you can take the Gator out of Gainesville ...

Speaking of gators…watching game v Michigan. Feeling like any teams ranked past top 10 are just watered down. It really seems like top talent goes to a few teams and that’s it? Or is it coaching ?
watcherinthewoods

madlaxer59 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:20 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:24 am Just watched BC/USC. A lot to say about BC ... but let's leave it at rusty for sure (and for a 1st game, completely normal). USC proving why the emergence of the PAC-12 is still media-stoked hype.

Speaking of gators…watching game v Michigan. Feeling like any teams ranked past top 10 are just watered down. It really seems like top talent goes to a few teams and that’s it? Or is it coaching ?
I think some teams in the preseason top 10 should not be there ... but at this stage of the season it is not uncommon that many attacking units are still looking to find their flow. IMHO defense unusually comes online sooner. The only attack that has looked good to me is Cuse. 11 of 16 assisted goals and 6 different scorers. Just turned on FL vs. Michigan, looking forward to seeing how the Gators put up 17.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Nice, gritty win by Rutgers down in Jacksonville. Down by two early in the fourth, the Scarlet Knights scored the last four goals of the game to win 9-7.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

To Madlax59,

Really, gotta go there? Calling JMU awful! One of the top 15 teams annually and that is what you do?

"JMU is awful. Unc should be winning by 10 Easy"

I did not see the game but 14-9 is not a blowout. It was a pretty close game and JMU had two major starters out for the game. You are an idiot.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:54 pm

I think some teams in the preseason top 10 should not be there ... but at this stage of the season it is not uncommon that many attacking units are still looking to find their flow. IMHO defense unusually comes online sooner. The only attack that has looked good to me is Cuse. 11 of 16 assisted goals and 6 different scorers. Just turned on FL vs. Michigan, looking forward to seeing how the Gators put up 17.
I feel like Florida defenders a lot less aggressive and chippy than in past. Once Trombetta graduated I feel like they are much less aggressive.
watcherinthewoods

Lax247 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:20 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:54 pm

I feel like Florida defenders a lot less aggressive and chippy than in past. Once Trombetta graduated I feel like they are much less aggressive.
Trombetta was one of the most notorious thugs in all of women's lacrosse ... so this would almost be a forgone conclusion. :lol:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

livelovelax wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 pm To Madlax59,

Really, gotta go there? Calling JMU awful! One of the top 15 teams annually and that is what you do?

I did not see the game but 14-9 is not a blowout. It was a pretty close game and JMU had two major starters out for the game. You are an idiot.
Yea . You didn’t watch the game . I did . Watch it and get back to me . Score doesn’t tell the story . They used to be a good team who was scrappy . Maybe this will change as season progresses .
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

UVA in a dog fight late in the 3rd. Natural let down game but elite teams set the tone early. Got to get hungry
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

livelovelax wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 pm To Madlax59,

The game was close in the first half but UNC pulled away in the second half. UNC had a few major starters out as well. But with that said yes i don't think JMU is awful. They're a veteran and experienced team and they'll win alot of games. I'm confident they'll be a top 10 team most of the year.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:26 pm UVA in a dog fight late in the 3rd. Natural let down game but elite teams set the tone early. Got to get hungry
not to burst your bubble but UVA is far from elite. That word should not be associated with UVA in any form or fashion. They beat a mediocre stanford team. and this is team is more or less the same team that got drummed by 15+ goals last year in the tourny.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”