D2 Spring Schedules

D2 Mens Lacrosse
pridelax13

Re: D2 Spring Schedules

Post by pridelax13 »

I know its Fall Ball and not a perfect barometer, but like NCLax said-Wingate beat Barton by about 15 in their scrimmage.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D2 Men opens today...

1-Feb Flagler Embry-Riddle
1-Feb Shorter Oglethorpe
1-Feb Tusculum Young Harris
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
greatwhitenorth

Post by greatwhitenorth »

Looks like SAC is using FloSports this year - assuming that means paid subscription necessary (monthly or annual) - anyone have experience using it? Any issues with quality of content, etc. General feedback?
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

I hope not that would be really unfortunate for one of the best conferences out there. I know you need to pay for espn+ and what not but most already have that due to the amount of d1 games and other sports like the nhl they get out of it (and its usually cheaper than most college subscripts like FloSports) Step back for the conference if this is true. BSNgo hurts the big ten lacrosse a little and thats power 5 teams. So many of the SAC teams are must see.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Conferences I have to pay for, I do not watch.
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

greatwhitenorth wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:11 am Looks like SAC is using FloSports this year - assuming that means paid subscription necessary (monthly or annual) - anyone have experience using it? Any issues with quality of content, etc. General feedback?
Can confirm all games will be streamed there. Haven’t used it yet but will start when season kicks off this weekend
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:07 am D2 Men opens today...

1-Feb Shorter Oglethorpe
Tusculum vs Young Harris listed as canceled.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

shaadb-man wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:03 pm I hope not that would be really unfortunate for one of the best conferences out there. I know you need to pay for espn+ and what not but most already have that due to the amount of d1 games and other sports like the nhl they get out of it (and its usually cheaper than most college subscripts like FloSports) Step back for the conference if this is true. BSNgo hurts the big ten lacrosse a little and thats power 5 teams. So many of the SAC teams are must see.
The SAC has been using FloSports since the beginning of the fall semester. GLVC is using it as well, so a subscription will give you access to that content in addition to anything else they broadcast (the subscriptions are not conference nor sport specific).

Pricing is about $13 per month, and I know students within SAC schools get a bit of a discount.
Bob Lawblaw

Post by Bob Lawblaw »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 pm

1-Feb Shorter Oglethorpe
Ya just went and looked it up. Young Harris website says it's cancelled due to wet field conditions and will not be rescheduled.

Must be really wet, as I recall a wet game Tusculum played last year...might have been against Chowan if I recall. Major build up of water on the field.
lilax

Post by lilax »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:13 pm
shaadb-man wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:03 pm I hope not that would be really unfortunate for one of the best conferences out there. I know you need to pay for espn+ and what not but most already have that due to the amount of d1 games and other sports like the nhl they get out of it (and its usually cheaper than most college subscripts like FloSports) Step back for the conference if this is true. BSNgo hurts the big ten lacrosse a little and thats power 5 teams. So many of the SAC teams are must see.
The SAC has been using FloSports since the beginning of the fall semester. GLVC is using it as well, so a subscription will give you access to that content in addition to anything else they broadcast (the subscriptions are not conference nor sport specific).

Pricing is about $13 per month, and I know students within SAC schools get a bit of a discount.
Do not trust FloSports Live. They are scammers. I know in the D1 threads many of the posters said they were ripped off after FloSports charged them $150 for the yearly membership instead of the monthly membership.

They have an "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profil ... 1000108975

"Based on BBB files, FloSports Inc. has a pattern of disputes concerning customer billing issues. Consumers allege they sign up for a monthly membership at $12.50/month which they allege is advertised in FloSports, Inc.'s pay language. Consumers allege they are instead charged a yearly subscription of $150.00.

Consumers allege they are misled by FloSports Inc.'s pay language advertised on their website and allege it as deceptive. Consumers allege FloSports Inc.'s pay language is advertised at $12.50/ month in the middle of their website which is not the price of their monthly subscription.
"
seventy7

Post by seventy7 »

Bob Lawblaw wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:20 pm
River Donkey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 pm

1-Feb Shorter Oglethorpe
Ya just went and looked it up. Young Harris website says it's cancelled due to wet field conditions and will not be rescheduled.

Must be really wet, as I recall a wet game Tusculum played last year...might have been against Chowan if I recall. Major build up of water on the field.
Heard something about Tusculum cancelling the game due to lack of healthy players and used field conditions as excuse. Hence the game not being rescheduled. Do not know if there is any truth to that or not...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

2/3/2023 - Alabama Huntsville vs. Florida Southern
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
d2laxfan

Post by d2laxfan »

Almost all GLVC games are available for free on GLVCSN (not on FloSports, as a previous post indicated). Only the games played at Davenport (a GLIAC member, GLVC associate for Men's Lacrosse) fall under the GLIAC contract with FloSports and will cost you.
greatwhitenorth

Post by greatwhitenorth »

Newberry has released their 2025 Spring schedule - looks like a couple of interesting out of conference matches the first weekend (Fri/Sun) against Lewis and UIndy https://newberrywolves.com/sports/mens- ... e/schedule

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”