Best returning players by position for 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
liongoes

Re: Best returning players by position for 2023

Post by liongoes »

UpperCorner22 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:02 am
NElaxtalent wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 am
smoova wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:29 pm
Slim wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:57 am Yup MVP, we can all thank the good ol NCAA for this lame-brain decision.
Bingo. Silly decision made unnecessarily early by a group of panicked administrators. Wound up being a long-term punishment for 2021-2023 grads who made the terrible mistake of being in high school during the COVID pandemic (which also cancelled their 2020 seasons). Just another example of a governing body doing far more harm than good when it tries to "right" an unfortunate "injustice."
While I agree on your premise re: NC$$, you are skipping the 2020 class which missed their Senior HS season then play their entire college career on bloated rosters of 5th & 6th year players (without getting a 5th year themselves).
Are these kids getting scholarships or grants? My kid has had 1 full season (in three), but I'm not gonna pay for him to stick around and play more D3 lacrosse. He ain't going pro. Time to move on with life...
I would be in your camp, but I imagine that people returning for a fifth season and especially a sixth are from families that have plenty of spare change lying around and don't have a problem using it so their kid can play D-III lacrosse into their mid-20s (and probably get some kind of grad degree, to be fair).
Knowitall

Post by Knowitall »

If the parents can afford it and the kid wants to do it…..why not?? An MBA is worth it (as are most grad degrees) and….you’re a long time working!
smoova

Post by smoova »

Knowitall wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:25 am If the parents can afford it and the kid wants to do it…..why not?? An MBA is worth it (as are most grad degrees) and….you’re a long time working!
Username checks out.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I listened to a very thought provoking segment on xm’s ESPNU this morning. They were discussing/debating the new and evolving college sports landscape. Think; NIL, Title 9 implications, coaching positions and salaries, transfer portal, COVID/eligibility etc.

Be thankful that DIII lacrosse (colleges, teams and players alike) doesn’t have to deal with the level of drama coming down the pipe in other levels and sports.

As far as 5th and 6th years denying younger players opportunity, playing time isn’t guaranteed. If they were better players than the other guys then they would start over the other guys. I hope young people don’t pick their college based on when they think better players will no longer be playing, so as to give them a spot on the field.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”