Brown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Brown 2023

Post by bearlaxfan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:25 pm Alright fellas and ladies, used a third round pick in Griffin King. Make me feel good this kid is dropping 30+ this year please
That requires at least 50% jump from last year's 20 pt total when he was a 1.5 middie, as Brown ran a bit of a rolling 4 man group of what could be considered the first midfield. Think he finished the year as a 1, not second line.
Given last years performance, unless some big jumps by underclassmen (and what about transfers?) he should be a 1 mid as a senior, and has shown the most consistent offensive talent compared to the two I would pencil in as his running mates, TYK & J Kelly
Interestingly, Brown used 3 middies on emo and he was one. That should help you. Natural lefty IIRC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:25 pm Alright fellas and ladies, used a third round pick in Griffin King. Make me feel good this kid is dropping 30+ this year please
That requires at least 50% jump from last year's 20 pt total when he was a 1.5 middie, as Brown ran a bit of a rolling 4 man group of what could be considered the first midfield. Think he finished the year as a 1, not second line.
Given last years performance, unless some big jumps by underclassmen (and what about transfers?) he should be a 1 mid as a senior, and has shown the most consistent offensive talent compared to the two I would pencil in as his running mates, TYK & J Kelly
Interestingly, Brown used 3 middies on emo and he was one. That should help you. Natural lefty IIRC.
Gracias.

I needed a veteran middie to offset the wildly spec FR i took in rd 2 and your squad was one of three untouched new teams added as I’m learning how this all works. It’s a carry over type deal like they do in baseball (I think, have done maybe three Football fantasy leagues total in my life). Came down to two brown middies or ine at Harvard

McClane was a very high pick by someone obviously.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:20 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 pm
Gracias.

I needed a veteran middie to offset the wildly spec FR i took in rd 2 and your squad was one of three untouched new teams added as I’m learning how this all works. It’s a carry over type deal like they do in baseball (I think, have done maybe three Football fantasy leagues total in my life). Came down to two brown middies or ine at Harvard

McClane was a very high pick by someone obviously.
Add Jack Kelly to the list of fantasy draft picks. It's personal, my brother was a captain at Brown years ago.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Full roster now posted, as well as the "meet the new guys" article.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Bopping around at coffeetime, Brown @ Vermont Sat 2/25 Time open
Brown @ Villanova Mon 3/25 3pm
Other usual OOCs StonyBrook, PC, Bryant, Quinnipiac not posted yet.
Holy Cross was a regular until last year, no schedule up yet.
Fairfield, BU potential opponents, not posted yet.
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:51 pm Full roster now posted, as well as the "meet the new guys" article.
https://brownbears.com/news/2022/11/11/ ... class.aspx
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I love a roster w a Samari on it.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:26 am I love a roster w a Samari on it.
Even better when its a Samari with the game to match the name! Elite multi-sport athlete whose lax skills are still a bit raw, but he'll be in the SSDM mix in no time.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Brown @ 'Nova Mon 3/27, not 3/25
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Rupert Scofield, '71, recently passed. Here is a link to a tribute to this remarkable man. Oh, and he could play lax too.

https://finca.org/blogs/rupert-scofield ... dies-at-73
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Brown’s schedule for 2023 repeats all opponents from
2022 including another trip to Chapel Hill…all the rest are home and home
series continuations…hope the Ivy title is duplicated as well….intrasquad scrimmage first
weekend in Feb with a TBD scrimmage the following weekend followed by Quin. the next weekend…
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Only 4 home games, and the short jaunt up to Bryant. Keep those road refs honest!
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

5 home games. The PC game is at home.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Schedule is up
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Re-reposting from D3 thread to Ivy thread to here via CanOpener:
Unknown Participant wrote: ↑Tufts v Brown 1 pm
Tufts v Dartmouth 3 pm
Brown/Dartmouth are probably scrimmaging too, but I don't know the time.

Feb 12 in Hanover

I don't remember Brown doing much preseason scrimmaging, maybe I just never heard about it. Losing the starting D and 4 of 5 top scorers, maybe fallball & Brown v White weren't enough to determine the depth chart, or coaches want a little more seasoning before the scores count.
Whatever, will be looking for guys to POP à la Antonelli & Glavin last year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GRIFFIN King for my sons fantasy teams sake!!!!
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:42 am Re-reposting from D3 thread to Ivy thread to here via CanOpener:
Unknown Participant wrote: ↑Tufts v Brown 1 pm
Tufts v Dartmouth 3 pm
Brown/Dartmouth are probably scrimmaging too, but I don't know the time.

Feb 12 in Hanover

I don't remember Brown doing much preseason scrimmaging, maybe I just never heard about it. Losing the starting D and 4 of 5 top scorers, maybe fallball & Brown v White weren't enough to determine the depth chart, or coaches want a little more seasoning before the scores count.
Whatever, will be looking for guys to POP à la Antonelli & Glavin last year.
A LOT to replace in 2023, probably fair to expect an ugly Feb/March while new guys settle in. Saw the preseaon #12 ranking--maybe the Bears will be playing like a top 15 team in April but expectations for early season shouldn't be too high IMO
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Let's go Brown State! Need our veterans to step up and we need the new frosh and sophs to step up in there roles.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

US Lax Mag gives Brown a #12 pre-season ranking with the following commentary:
https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... -brown-men
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Like this

Help from within.

It’s always easy to look at first-year players and transfers for impact, but Daly thinks a couple of returning players are primed for big years in 2023.

Like many of Brown’s seniors, Griffin King finally got a chance to play a significant role after COVID wiped out his first two seasons. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound midfielder finished the year with 20 points (13G, 7A). He scored a goal in each of Brown’s final seven games and has the tools to make a leap this season.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”