Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by OCanada »

Apparently the wrong one. I didn’t look at a map i asked a Canadian i know. Some apparently are no better at geography than Americans. Next time i will check personally
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Most surprising development of the off-season. OCanada is, in fact, not Canadian.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:45 am Most surprising development of the off-season. OCanada is, in fact, not Canadian.
Maybe it’s the start of a line like “O Canada, why are you so weird?” Or something like that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

To be clear i was born in Rochester. I graduated HS in Niagara Falls. We played: Canadian football and Canadian schools in hockey. I had a lot of Canadian friends. I had a different screen name when laxpower started. I changed to OCanada as a reaction to some dissing of a couple of Canadian players on laxpower.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:40 pm To be clear i was born in Rochester. I graduated HS in Niagara Falls. We played: Canadian football and Canadian schools in hockey. I had a lot of Canadian friends. I had a different screen name when laxpower started. I changed to OCanada as a reaction to some dissing of a couple of Canadian players on laxpower.
You can never have enough Canadian players on your roster.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:45 am Most surprising development of the off-season. OCanada is, in fact, not Canadian.
Not that surprising. He doesn’t even speak Canadian.

;)
molo

Post by molo »

Original screen name reflected his home area.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

molo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:09 pm Original screen name reflected his home area.
585 Clique?

War memorial stomper?

NickTahousGarbagePlateRocks?

Whatever happened to 6569 and his vino swilling love of Hop?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

He lost his password and become Old Hopper, but I fear his senescence.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:07 pm He lost his password and become Old Hopper, but I fear his senescence.
Ahh, always liked him back in the day. Especially when he’d be a bottle deep enjoying some music in Gamecock land of the wanna be USC.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

As a former clarinetist with the Blue Jay Pep band, he continued to enjoy the finest in music for decades.
I believe he eventually left Columbia for another city in the South, maybe Huntsville?

P.S. When I was in Columbia, I grew accustomed to 'USC', but I could never get used to 'Carolina'.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:40 pm To be clear i was born in Rochester. I graduated HS in Niagara Falls. We played: Canadian football and Canadian schools in hockey. I had a lot of Canadian friends. I had a different screen name when laxpower started. I changed to OCanada as a reaction to some dissing of a couple of Canadian players on laxpower.
And your girlfriend, who none of your friends had met and you met at summer camp, was she Canadian too?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:44 pm As a former clarinetist with the Blue Jay Pep band, he continued to enjoy the finest in music for decades.
I believe he eventually left Columbia for another city in the South, maybe Huntsville?

P.S. When I was in Columbia, I grew accustomed to 'USC', but I could never get used to 'Carolina'.
I had a job offer with a bank in Columbia a half dozen years ago and nearly moved. The girls are criminally underrated compared with many other SEC schools and I like the town a heck of a lot better but regardless of who came first it’s silly to lay claim to USC compared with the Trojans in LA. (When the CFO was taking me around, treasurer gig, I had “settled” on either being around five points or on lake Murray). There’s some town East/NE of Columbia that’s a major equestrian area my wife was interested in VC some debutante chicks she knew from years earlier (from ATl but she debuted in Greenville bc part of her family founded Furman and has roots up there). I’m an in town guy or want to be on water no o horse riding suburb for me.

Hope he’s doing well wherever he is. Took my kids to Cape Canaveral a year and a half ago and Huntsville NASA is next up.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

nyjay wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:57 pm
And your girlfriend, who none of your friends had met and you met at summer camp, was she Canadian too?
[/quote

So middle school….
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:07 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:44 pm As a former clarinetist with the Blue Jay Pep band, he continued to enjoy the finest in music for decades.

I had a job offer with a bank in Columbia a half dozen years ago and nearly moved. The girls are criminally underrated compared with many other SEC schools and I like the town a heck of a lot better but regardless of who came first it’s silly to lay claim to USC compared with the Trojans in LA. (When the CFO was taking me around, treasurer gig, I had “settled” on either being around five points or on lake Murray). There’s some town East/NE of Foumhia that’s a major equestrian area my wife was interested in VC some debutante chicks she knew from years earlier (from ATl but she debuted in Greenville bc part of her family founded Furman and has roots up there). I’m an in town guy or want to be on water no o horse riding suburb for me.

Hope he’s doing well wherever he is. Took my kids to Cape Canaveral a year and a half ago and Huntsville NASA is next up.
My mother moved from Rochester to Aiken SC. South Americans would bring their polo ponies there to winter. Across the river from Augusta
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:26 am

I had a job offer with a bank in Columbia a half dozen years ago and nearly moved. The girls are criminally underrated compared with many other SEC schools and I like the town a heck of a lot better but regardless of who came first it’s silly to lay claim to USC compared with the Trojans in LA. (When the CFO was taking me around, treasurer gig, I had “settled” on either being around five points or on lake Murray). There’s some town East/NE of Foumhia that’s a major equestrian area my wife was interested in VC some debutante chicks she knew from years earlier (from ATl but she debuted in Greenville bc part of her family founded Furman and has roots up there). I’m an in town guy or want to be on water no o horse riding suburb for me.

My mother moved from Rochester to Aiken SC. South Americans would bring their polo ponies there to winter. Across the river from Augusta
Yeah I’ve been through Aiken many times on i20 (was a banker to regional and community banks for a number of years) and did a lot between Lexington and the coast (Lexington, Columbia, Florence, HHI, Charleston, and throw in Savannah but half those banks are gone and SouthState is really all Centerstate Mgt and bore they just kept the SC charter over the FL one in the merger a few years back).

But this town was a suburb of Columbia to the the NE by 10-20mi. Not Aiken. Just looked it up-Camden
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:26 am

Camden-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden,_South_Carolina

If you’re into SC history, on top of founding Furman, in the laws also had a printing company in one part of family, Evans & Cogswell (they are Cogswell) who printed confederate money originally in Charleston then moved it up to Columbi when the north as title bombed the armory off the coast.

https://www.charlestonmuseum.org/resear ... 9966114503

My family, poor farmers on dads side from Savona NY and mother long history but from blue collar Wantaugh LI. Quite the mashup which is probably how I was raised in Binghamton which is basically what you’d get in a science lab if you merged WNY and LI…
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:22 am
[/quote

So middle school….
All my jokes fall flat around here. Was meant in good humor and to illicit a chuckle. Wasn't intended to be mean spirited. Tone doesn't translate in message boards, I guess.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

nyjay wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:27 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:22 am
[/quote

So middle school….
All my jokes fall flat around here. Was meant in good humor and to illicit a chuckle. Wasn't intended to be mean spirited. Tone doesn't translate in message boards, I guess.
My girls are all Scandinavian. May as well improve your lie, winter rules.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCvgMNnM3OA
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

Pet peeve. You graduated "from" HS, or did you (verb) "make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring of your HS, e.g.
“graduate a cylinder”
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”