US Lax Mag All Americans

D1 Womens Lacrosse
GratefulRed

Re: US Lax Mag All Americans

Post by GratefulRed »

Much steadier hand this time—or did the ribs move a little slower?
I must say these shots show your complete game. Blue collar work ethic is evident through the meal choice and flatware. High level IQ, finesse and finish with the sauce complexity and garnish.
I don’t think preseason Short Ribber of the year has quite the same panache...
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:23 pm
GratefulRed wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:12 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:49 pm JFTR, the meatballs were award worthy, thnx.
Not gonna lie, I've thought about them a few times
Thought it only right to help get the meatballs out of your head.
Try these delectables. Baby backs with the Asian touch. Five spice,
white pepper, ginger, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine,
rice vinegar, garlic....cooked to tender perfection. The baby bellas are
a burst of taste bud delight too. Pretty crazy good, dipped in duck sauce
puts a fine finishing touch on it.
Note the focus, critical attention paid to that on this shot.
:D
what are those wilted green things to the right? garnish?
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol: :lol: Yup, pretty much nailed it, PA. Those were the "wilted" ends of a couple of scallions I had used that were lying on the counter tossed on the plate strictly for color. Those ribs were actually marinated overnight in all the aforementioned seasonings and liquids, then lightly coated with corn starch and cooked in sesame oil for a couple of minutes on all sides. Then transferred to another pan (I don't mind doing dishes, do them as I go along) with the rice wine, rice vinegar, more hoisin and oyster sauce, a couple of scallions (you'll have a couple of wilted ends from that ;) ), fresh slices of ginger and a couple of garlic cloves, add some water, simmer that for a couple of hours and voi la, mighty tasty ribs...gotta have the duck sauce too. They'll come out looking dark like that because of the hoisin and oyster sauces but that's okay. The fix for that is to add a couple of drops of red food coloring to the liquid you're simmering them in, then they come out with a nice red tint but I didn't do that (this time).
Glad you asked now? :lol:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”