Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by jhu72 »

... count me skeptical as well.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:16 pm Canada going full on China with their media control and attempting to pull someone’s ability to practice as a physician:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... 1db92/amp/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnAcBNlo ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Apparently (from more accurate reports than a tabloid :lol: , still confirming), telling someone they're free to kill themselves (leave planet earth at any time) on social media as a psychologist isn't very helpful. It's mildly concerning for medical professionals and psychologists should generally be helpful and do no harm. Of course he's now painting himself a victim as standard operating procedure. A victim of having to learn how to behave as a professional.

Politics doesn't seem to enter into it. I'm sure there are plenty more red pills available...
... Toronto Sun is pretty far right in their bias.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The left, eating their own. Once again. Not just for republicans.

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1 ... kbtw2j4BbA
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Guess that means it’s all the same and acceptable for Republicans to do then. Unless others would like to posit their own other conclusions than that.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nah. Just a Twitter thread of libs all knowing what is best for eachother.

:lol:

And in more big news- SOMEONE made his first campaign stop! …wearing a pretty official looking “Mayor” vest, I might add !

https://twitter.com/fabien_levy/status/ ... OrsHYErz1w
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:09 am Nah. Just a Twitter thread of libs all knowing what is best for eachother.

And in more big news- SOMEONE made his first campaign stop! …wearing a pretty official looking “Mayor” vest, I might add !

I don’t do Twitter. Or insta. My kids are too young and im keeping them to scratch, Minecraft and roblox and that’s it. I do worry about my daughter though she’s a social butterfly. If she behaves in HS like she does now I worry she’d be one of those FR getting invited to the Senior parties and then I’m going to have to commit a whole lot of murders of adolescent boys. I don’t want to do that so she really needs to avoid social media.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:14 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:09 am Nah. Just a Twitter thread of libs all knowing what is best for eachother.

I don’t do Twitter. Or insta. My kids are too young and im keeping them to scratch, Minecraft and roblox and that’s it. I do worry about my daughter though she’s a social butterfly. If she behaves in HS like she does now I worry she’d be one of those FR getting invited to the Senior parties and then I’m going to have to commit a whole lot of murders of adolescent boys. I don’t want to do that so she really needs to avoid social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFjBYjFHUIk
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFjBYjFHUIk
Yes, though I have a few more goals in her upbringing but that is a baseline.

Just let my som watch head of state because he’s getting into chris rock from old SNL sketches so timely selection.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Always entertaining listening to guys trying to manage their daughter's behavior. The guy who had the very first daughter muttered to himself, after a few tries, "not a chance," and that has been the axiom ever since. But good luck.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 am

Always entertaining listening to guys trying to manage their daughter's behavior. The guy who had the very first daughter muttered to himself, after a few tries, "not a chance," and that has been the axiom ever since. But good luck.
She’s 8 so ive got time I just don’t know how she became a social butterfly so fast. I didn’t teach her that. Yes I’m generally fairly sociable and we host my friends when I’m around a bit but she’s like a sorority girl already. It’s worrisome-suppose it’s good she has a lot of friends, one slept over last night.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Beats the no friends problem.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:54 am Beats the no friends problem.
Agreed
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:49 am

She’s 8 so ive got time I just don’t know how she became a social butterfly so fast. I didn’t teach her that. Yes I’m generally fairly sociable and we host my friends when I’m around a bit but she’s like a sorority girl already. It’s worrisome-suppose it’s good she has a lot of friends, one slept over last night.
Keep her busy, set a curfew, be judicious with “sleep aways”. Ran into neighbors the other day and asked about their daughter. Laughed about keeping her busy in high school to limit her ability to go to the frequent town parties….. USNA grad that did well and finished high in her class. The parents were helpful when mine were coming up. Both were in the school system so they had good vision…..$.02…..
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:57 am

Keep her busy, set a curfew, be judicious with “sleep aways”. Ran into neighbors the other day and asked about their daughter. Laughed about keeping her busy in high school to limit her ability to go to the frequent town parties….. USNA grad that did well and finished high in her class. The parents were helpful when mine were coming up. Both were in the school system so they had good vision…..$.02…..
Good advice I think. My challenge is a extremely low energy and inactive wife so that means a lot more work for me on top of digging myself out of a professional hole in 2023 but I'll figure it out I always have. Worry about her a lot more than my son though and not just the dad daughter dynamic - the impetuousness, seeming habitual need for screens, lack on natural inquisitive nature, etc. Maybe that's my fault for not developing more but I assume it's her personality.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:21 pm

Good advice I think. My challenge is a extremely low energy and inactive wife so that means a lot more work for me on top of digging myself out of a professional hole in 2023 but I'll figure it out I always have. Worry about her a lot more than my son though and not just the dad daughter dynamic - the impetuousness, seeming habitual need for screens, lack on natural inquisitive nature, etc. Maybe that's my fault for not developing more but I assume it's her personality.
It’s her personality more than anything else. The fact that it is on your mind is a step in the right direction. We were around a lot of WDGAF parents….
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:28 pm

It’s her personality more than anything else. The fact that it is on your mind is a step in the right direction. We were around a lot of WDGAF parents….
Well save these posts and throw them in my face in 10-15yrs over a beer. I pretty much only exist for my kids these days, if I screw that up then I’m not sure what I’m doing at all.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:28 pm

Well save these posts and throw them in my face in 10-15yrs over a beer. I pretty much only exist for my kids these days, if I screw that up then I’m not sure what I’m doing at all.
It will be fine.
“I wish you would!”
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

My two cents:

Keep their phones in the kitchen or somewhere that they won't have access to until the late hours or all night. Same with laptops and ipads. You can get a modem and put it on a timer too.

Start them with chores as soon as you can, its a real pain to get it started, ("Oh heck, it's easier if I just do it myself"); very much worth it to them down the road.

Family dinner at the dinner table as often as you can, Sundays could work.

Limit sleepovers when possible.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Andersen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:35 pm My two cents:

Keep their phones in the kitchen or somewhere that they won't have access to until the late hours or all night. Same with laptops and ipads. You can get a modem and put it on a timer too.

Start them with chores as soon as you can, its a real pain to get it started, ("Oh heck, it's easier if I just do it myself"); very much worth it to them down the road.

Family dinner at the dinner table as often as you can, Sundays could work.

Limit sleepovers when possible.
I’ve failed 3/4

Sleepovers every 6-8 weeks or so.

Chores are a battle like something you’d see in UFC. And I learned from my dad rather than have them redo their work I fix it (like making the bed poorly, they do it but then I come in behind and clean it up so to speak)

Wife got them tablets years ago. It f’ng pisses me off and the schools provide laptops and it’s hard to know when their screwing around on them vs schoolwork.

The last one is by far the worst and you can’t put that genie back into the bottle
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Bit of advice is to have VERY open and honest lines of communication with daughters. They need and respect it.

The other "smart" thing I did was surround my daughter with 4 brothers (all over 6' tall and ranging from 195 to 235 lbs). ;)

Two benefits:
1) the brothers watched out for her, so did her brother's friends;
2) boys were never a mystery. I watched her friends go boy crazy in/around middle school and she never did. I think there was a lot of - "I've changed the diapers, I've seen their bathrooms, they just are not that interesting....."
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”