Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Orange Duce

Post by foreverlax »

Michele Bachmann Praises Trump: ‘I Have Never Seen a More Biblical President’
“We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas,”
“[Trump] has stood up where most Republicans wouldn’t dare to stand up,” Bachmann stated. “Donald Trump has had the courage in the fortitude, and I will say to your listeners in my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump.”
“He has so impressed me with what he’s done, and we haven’t even talked about Israel,” Bachmann said.
“And I would say to your listeners, we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetimes, so we need to be not only praying for him, we need to support him, in my opinion.”
I was wondering where she has been....IF Trump is as she described :o
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am I am so confused, I thought that the r's all say the Meuller report exonerated their hero o d?
o d sure isn’t acting like someone who expects to be exonerated tomorrow.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Wow! FBI made 11 payments to Fake Dossier’s discredited author, Trump hater Christopher Steele. @OANN @JudicialWatch The Witch Hunt has been a total fraud on your President and the American people! It was brought to you by Dirty Cops, Crooked Hillary and the DNC.

4:34 AM - 17 Apr 2019
He's not sleeping well...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:06 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:47 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm
A question Mr. Salt.How do you FEEL, yes FEEL about this event.Gut feel...
Sad : " in France, only 8 percent of Catholics attend Mass once a week. "
AND...? What is your point? Is that an example of GOD'S vengeance?You must have looked that up in " the Bible according to Wildmon,Falwell and Oliver Cromwell.What do you FEEL about the art work,statues and architectural magnificence that were destroyed?
Like I said in response to your question about how it makes me feel. Gut feel = Sad.
So...what's that have to do with church attendance?

It's an interesting topic, but how is it related to your feelings about the fire at Notre Dame? Why couple the two?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 pm Michele Bachmann Praises Trump: ‘I Have Never Seen a More Biblical President’
“We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas,”
“[Trump] has stood up where most Republicans wouldn’t dare to stand up,” Bachmann stated. “Donald Trump has had the courage in the fortitude, and I will say to your listeners in my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump.”
“He has so impressed me with what he’s done, and we haven’t even talked about Israel,” Bachmann said.
“And I would say to your listeners, we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetimes, so we need to be not only praying for him, we need to support him, in my opinion.”
I was wondering where she has been....IF Trump is as she described :o
cookoo
a fan

Post by a fan »

Most biblical POTUS? Jimmy Carter. And it's not even close. There is no second place.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm
AND...? What is your point? Is that an example of GOD'S vengeance?You must have looked that up in " the Bible according to Wildmon,Falwell and Oliver Cromwell.What do you FEEL about the art work,statues and architectural magnificence that were destroyed?
Like I said in response to your question about how it makes me feel. Gut feel = Sad.

It's an interesting topic, but how is it related to your feelings about the fire at Notre Dame? Why couple the two?
Watching the fire, my initial reaction was despair for the future of Catholicism (& by extension, Western Civilization) in a France that seems to be coming apart at the seams. I wondered if this might be a death blow to the Catholic Church in France, which like the rest of Europe is becoming increasingly secular. I feared it might mark an irreversible change.

Initially it looked like the Cathedral would be a total loss. Murf asked for my gut feeling when I saw the fire. That was it.

The response & commitment to rebuild is somewhat heartening, but I wonder how much of that commitment is to rebuild a house of worship & how much is to restore a cultural totem & touri$t attraction.

Unsurprisingly, VDH had a similar reaction :
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Watching the fire, my initial reaction was despair for the future of Catholicism (& by extension, Western Civilization) in a France that seems to be coming apart at the seams. I wondered if this might be a death blow to the Catholic Church in France, which like the rest of Europe is becoming increasingly secular. I feared it might mark an irreversible change.

Initially it looked like the Cathedral would be a total loss. Murf asked for my gut feeling when I saw the fire. That was it.

The response & commitment to rebuild is somewhat heartening, but I wonder how much of that commitment is to rebuild a house of worship & how much is to restore a cultural totem & touri$t attraction.

Unsurprisingly, VDH had a similar reaction :
Ghostwriter?
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

As reported by Mr. Salt,"only 8% of French Catholics attend mass once a week". Ergo,I suggest only 8% of the Cathedral Notre Dame get repaired.That'll show those heretics,pretenders and Palm Sunday Catholics! :twisted:
Typical Lax Dad

wahoomurf wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm As reported by Mr. Salt,"only 8% of French Catholics attend mass once a week". Ergo,I suggest only 8% of the Cathedral Notre Dame get repaired.That'll show those heretics,pretenders and Palm Sunday Catholics! :twisted:
“Anecdotally...churches are packed on Sunday now—at least in the big city and increasingly in the countryside. Ten years ago that was very much not the case…. In some churches you may have to sit on the floor—and people eagerly do!

;) ;)
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

That was 5 minutes wasted.

VDH is a class act....in his opinion, the RS author is an ignoramus, a pygmy and a "he".
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm As reported by Mr. Salt,"only 8% of French Catholics attend mass once a week". Ergo,I suggest only 8% of the Cathedral Notre Dame get repaired.That'll show those heretics,pretenders and Palm Sunday Catholics! :twisted:
“Anecdotally...churches are packed on Sunday now—at least in the big city and increasingly in the countryside. Ten years ago that was very much not the case…. In some churches you may have to sit on the floor—and people eagerly do!

;) ;)
Interesting anecdotal evidence of Zombie Catholics in metropolitan areas.
Got any data for the entire country, including rural parishes which only see a priest once a month, if then ?
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/art ... ttend-mass

A new sociological study conducted in France revealed that only 1.8 percent of the entire French population are practicing Catholics. The survey further determined that "French Catholicism has become a festive reality" for those who do practice their faith.

Results showed that most French Catholics who do go to Church only do so on certain major feast days and for baptisms, marriages or funerals. Just five percent of Catholics in France attend Holy Mass on a regular basis, according to the poll.

Even though so few Catholics in France practice their faith, nevertheless, the poll found that 53 percent of the French population consider themselves Catholic. Roughly half of these self-professed Catholics classify themselves as "involved" in the life of the Church, "because they live out their lives differently." By that they mean they feel attached to the Church because of their donations, their families lives or their commitments.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm

;) ;)
Interesting anecdotal evidence of Zombie Catholics in metropolitan areas.
Got any data for the entire country, including rural parishes which only see a priest once a month, if then ?
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/art ... ttend-mass

A new sociological study conducted in France revealed that only 1.8 percent of the entire French population are practicing Catholics. The survey further determined that "French Catholicism has become a festive reality" for those who do practice their faith.

Results showed that most French Catholics who do go to Church only do so on certain major feast days and for baptisms, marriages or funerals. Just five percent of Catholics in France attend Holy Mass on a regular basis, according to the poll.

Even though so few Catholics in France practice their faith, nevertheless, the poll found that 53 percent of the French population consider themselves Catholic. Roughly half of these self-professed Catholics classify themselves as "involved" in the life of the Church, "because they live out their lives differently." By that they mean they feel attached to the Church because of their donations, their families lives or their commitments.
Most, if not all, of my French friends are atheists.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:05 pm That was 5 minutes wasted.

VDH is a class act....in his opinion, the RS author is an ignoramus, a pygmy and a "he".
Here are the "experts" quoted in the RS article which are generating controversy :
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... e-n2544919

But for some people in France, Notre Dame has also served as a deep-seated symbol of resentment, a monument to a deeply flawed institution and an idealized Christian European France that arguably never existed in the first place. “The building was so overburdened with meaning that its burning feels like an act of liberation,” says Patricio del Real, an architecture historian at Harvard University. If nothing else, the cathedral has been viewed by some as a stodgy reminder of “the old city — the embodiment of the Paris of stone and faith — just as the Eiffel Tower exemplifies the Paris of modernity, joie de vivre and change,” Michael Kimmelmann wrote for the New York Times. (Rolling Stone)

Another historian quoted in the piece, the University of Toronto's John Harwood, says it would be a mistake to view the building as little more than a Paris tourist attraction, according to Rolling Stone.

“It’s literally a political monument," he said. "All cathedrals are.”

Any rebuilding should be a reflection not of an old France, or the France that never was — a non-secular, white European France — but a reflection of the France of today, a France that is currently in the making. “The idea that you can recreate the building is naive. It is to repeat past errors, category errors of thought, and one has to imagine that if anything is done to the building it has to be an expression of what we want — the Catholics of France, the French people — want. What is an expression of who we are now? What does it represent, who is it for?,” he says.
The last reconstruction in which they added the spire was very controversial & political. This may be as well.
Maybe they can reconstruct it as a nondenominational secular space of contemplation & tourist attraction, ....with multicultural art museum, international gourmet food court & a designer shopping mall, featuring stores of each of their high end donors.
Did TouchDown Jesus survive the fire ?
Last edited by old salt on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm Unsurprisingly, VDH had a similar reaction :
:lol: VDH is a real piece of work. It's like he can't open his mouth without unknowingly contradicting himself. This guy would fail his own seminars.

So he bemoans the wiping out of history and past cultures because of contemporary views------while in the same breath praising the Catholic Church?? :lol:

I'm hoping I don't have to point out to my fellow learned posters what a profoundly ahistorical comment this is?

VDH just broke the irony detector. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Ironic only for those who judge history by today's standards & PC sensitivities.

Fortunately, aggrieved French protesters aren't pulling down statues, ...yet.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm Unsurprisingly, VDH had a similar reaction :
:lol: VDH is a real piece of work. It's like he can't open his mouth without unknowingly contradicting himself. This guy would fail his own seminars.

So he bemoans the wiping out of history and past cultures because of contemporary views------while in the same breath praising the Catholic Church?? :lol:

I'm hoping I don't have to point out to my fellow learned posters what a profoundly ahistorical comment this is?

VDH just broke the irony detector. :lol:
People actually listen to this NUMB skull! :lol: :lol: :lol: India, Brazil, any african country.....or other conquered people are the standard by which we are judging the French! Hey buddy, we led with religion when we conquered those folks..... turn the other cheek while we stripped them of their natural resources! Religion and drugs can serve as opiates for the masses..... and you wonder why weed is being legalized..... :lol: :lol: :lol: so we should have had a modern sprinkler system in the cathedral.... Surprised we didn't load it up with asbestos as a fire retardant. Dude is dumb as a rock...one of these people that thinks because he is talking, its important.... sounds familiar!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yeah. Keep it real. Study history with your Black Hebrew Israelite bros. .:lol:. They're descended from kings.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 pm Yeah. Keep it real. Study history with your Black Hebrew Israelite bros. .:lol:. They're descended from kings.
I am not sure what they have to do with me but you consistently bring them up? Keep hero worshiping that fool! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not sure who was less impressive once I saw them open their mouth.... that dude or Brett Kavanaugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:22 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 pm Yeah. Keep it real. Study history with your Black Hebrew Israelite bros. .:lol:. They're descended from kings.
I am not sure what they have to do with me but you consistently bring them up? Keep hero worshiping that fool! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not sure who was less impressive once I saw them open their mouth.... that dude or Brett Kavanaugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your last post echoes their view of history. You indicated you were familiar with them.
You're consistent anti-US/west/imperalism rap is similar to theirs, without their comic irony & clever taunting.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:22 pm
Your last post echoes their view of history. You indicated you were familiar with them.
You're consistent anti-US/west/imperalism rap is similar to theirs, without their comic irony & clever taunting.
You know more about them than I do. :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep hero worshiping. I grew out of that years ago! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS...I indicated their act was old as they harassed my father in the mid 1990s in Times Square. You seem to have seared that into your memory bank for some unknown reason. I had forgotten about it until the stuff with Covington Catholic kids broke out. I worked in Covington... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”