Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm Exactly. It has no relation to politics. Just a great story.
+1
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:47 pm I like Tiger, and a good redemption song.

It’s like your always wrong about stuff.
Comprehension is a terrible thing to waste.

I said "most" not all, "most"
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 pm If I recall correctly from laxpower most of the same posters that hated Trump also were anti-Tiger Woods.

Gonna be a bad week for you guys. Better take the full tab of Prozac!
Big Tiger fan here. Also looking forward to Trump's 100+ page rebuttal of the heavily redacted Mueller Report. I'm confident Trump's lawyers can successfully refute Mueller's complete exoneration of POTUS.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

THE MANY SIDED STONE: THE INVESTIGATION IS NOT OVER

Mueller may be done, but the prosecutors are not...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:48 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:47 pm I like Tiger, and a good redemption song.

It’s like your always wrong about stuff.
I may be wrong about a lot of things... but I love Tiger. I could not be happier for the man. Watching him walk side by side with his son brought a tear to my eye. Tiger worked so hard to get back to where he was. He earned this moment because he worked so hard for this victory.
Seeing Tiger with his kids was the very best.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

HOW TO READ THE MUELLER REPORT

Very detailed analysis by Marcy Wheeler, who is ALL OVER this document...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 pm If I recall correctly from laxpower most of the same posters that hated Trump also were anti-Tiger Woods.

Huh?

Maybe this is a matter of pre and post scandals Tiger.

I'd be willing to bet that there's a very high correlation with haters of pre-scandal Tiger and Trump voters. Small sample, but the Trump voters in my life all didn't like Tiger pre-scandal.

But sure, post-scandal, a lot of Tigers supporters saw him as an immensely flawed man, rather than the 'hero' he'd previously been. Bunch of folks (IMO rightly) were disgusted by his personal behavior.

But most of those were open to the redemption story.

I suspect the folks who were pre-scandal Tiger haters still are.
How about you 6ft, didn't you always dislike Tiger???
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Huh?

I'd be willing to bet that there's a very high correlation with haters of pre-scandal Tiger and Trump voters. Small sample, but the Trump voters in my life all didn't like Tiger pre-scandal.

But sure, post-scandal, a lot of Tigers supporters saw him as an immensely flawed man, rather than the 'hero' he'd previously been. Bunch of folks (IMO rightly) were disgusted by his personal behavior.

Nope.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Huh?

Nope.
Ok, so when did you like him and when did you dislike him?
Or some proximate feeling to "like" and "dislike"?

As I said, small sample, but all the Trump voters in my life were not Tiger fans when he first emerged, and especially not when he was at his dominating peak. They didn't deny that he was really good, but there was this uneasiness about it. Even some statements about him not being 100% black...None of them celebrated that he represented a hope of greater diversity in the sport.
ggait

Post by ggait »

48 hours until it starts hitting the fan.

Several legal pundits predicting that we will get a pretty full story on the obstruction side. Since most of those folks provided testimony in the form of interviews with the SCO rather than via grand jury. Also, there should be minimal intelligence content on that side.

Probably a ton of blacking out on the collusion side.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The plot thickens. CNN's list of witnesses questioned in Mueller investigation included :
Joseph Mifsud :shock: , Alexander Downer, Christopher Steele, James Woolsey, Nancye Miller Woolsey.
...but no Stefan Halper. :?:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Barr's ethics are abysmal. He's proven himself incompetent for 30+ years.

Regardless of (R) Mueller's findings, even full exoneration, Barr is an embarrassment to himself and to those who have appointed him
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:13 am Barr's ethics are abysmal. He's proven himself incompetent for 30+ years.

Regardless of (R) Mueller's findings, even full exoneration, Barr is an embarrassment to himself and to those who have appointed him
Gee, ya think? ;) Just one more of Trump's "only the best people". I take solace in the fact that these clowns all emerge from their service to president beans stain, highly stained themselves.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Barr really is accomplished and maybe the best they could get to bury this report. a real change for this administration. That said the DC legal community will never view him the same way
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:13 am Barr's ethics are abysmal. He's proven himself incompetent for 30+ years.

Not sure "incompetent" is accurate, if the word means 'ineffective". Unfortunately for the rule of law and the interests of truth and justice, he's actually been a quite 'competent' advocate for the unitary power of the President. More and more is coming out about his prior tenure in the AG job, quite consistent with how he's handling this task for the current POTUS. Lies, cover-up, delay, and obfuscation.

But, yes, this time through the scrutiny is going to be much greater and this is likely to result in a permanent stain on his name.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Frank Bruni's Wednesday Newsletter:

"I have an odd request, and it concerns Robert Mueller’s report, a redacted version of which will be released by the Justice Department tomorrow.

Please ignore it.

Maybe not “ignore” — I’m overstating my case — but please stop treating or at least talking about it as the referendum on Donald Trump’s presidency. Please stop casting or letting others cast it as some definitive judgment about the wrongness or rightness of his ascent to the White House, as some binding verdict on whether his behavior there has gone beyond the pale.

Do you — does anyone — really need the work of Mueller and his team to come to a conclusion about that? How important is evidence not yet revealed when so much of what Trump does is conspicuous, when the essence of his character is proudly unhidden? You know it from his words, spoken and tweeted and intemperate to the point of viciousness. You know it from his aides, current and former, whose nagging senses of patriotism and propriety lead them to leak about the extreme requests that he has made and that they have thwarted.

You know it in your bones.

And that’s the problem with the Mueller obsession. It implies that Trump is defined by whether he actively conspired with Russian officials to attain power. It suggests that the jury on his integrity is out, that the puzzle of his full nature is unsolved.

Are there missing pieces, without which exact degrees of malfeasance can’t be determined? Yes. And some of them will probably be missing forever.
But they’re not necessary, not to appraise him morally as opposed to criminally.

From his spasmodic activism before he formally entered politics, from his furious campaign for the presidency and from his two and a quarter years in office, you have the truth of Trump. You need nothing more to decide that he has been persecuted and is no worse in his way than other presidents were in theirs, or to take a darker view, which I do.

To discuss the Mueller report as some climax and turning point is to empower various partisans — the president and his supporters chief among them — in their efforts to parse and characterize it to their liking and turn it into propaganda for that small but pivotal minority of Americans whose votes in 2020 aren’t foreordained.

That lets political gamesmanship and public relations eclipse common sense. And it’s no way to make America sane again."
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm Frank Bruni's Wednesday Newsletter:

"I have an odd request, and it concerns Robert Mueller’s report, a redacted version of which will be released by the Justice Department tomorrow.

Please ignore it.

Maybe not “ignore” — I’m overstating my case — but please stop treating or at least talking about it as the referendum on Donald Trump’s presidency. Please stop casting or letting others cast it as some definitive judgment about the wrongness or rightness of his ascent to the White House, as some binding verdict on whether his behavior there has gone beyond the pale.

Do you — does anyone — really need the work of Mueller and his team to come to a conclusion about that? How important is evidence not yet revealed when so much of what Trump does is conspicuous, when the essence of his character is proudly unhidden? You know it from his words, spoken and tweeted and intemperate to the point of viciousness. You know it from his aides, current and former, whose nagging senses of patriotism and propriety lead them to leak about the extreme requests that he has made and that they have thwarted.

You know it in your bones.

And that’s the problem with the Mueller obsession. It implies that Trump is defined by whether he actively conspired with Russian officials to attain power. It suggests that the jury on his integrity is out, that the puzzle of his full nature is unsolved.

Are there missing pieces, without which exact degrees of malfeasance can’t be determined? Yes. And some of them will probably be missing forever.
But they’re not necessary, not to appraise him morally as opposed to criminally.

From his spasmodic activism before he formally entered politics, from his furious campaign for the presidency and from his two and a quarter years in office, you have the truth of Trump. You need nothing more to decide that he has been persecuted and is no worse in his way than other presidents were in theirs, or to take a darker view, which I do.

To discuss the Mueller report as some climax and turning point is to empower various partisans — the president and his supporters chief among them — in their efforts to parse and characterize it to their liking and turn it into propaganda for that small but pivotal minority of Americans whose votes in 2020 aren’t foreordained.

That lets political gamesmanship and public relations eclipse common sense. And it’s no way to make America sane again."
Sounds like Franks got an inkling the report will have nothing in it. So who needs to concentrate on an investigation thats held libs breathless for nearly 3 years. That stifled any forward movement by an administration that was accomplishing a great deal.

Nahhh we ain't got to show you no stinking report!
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

Reports of multiple meetings between AG and POTUS to prepare for release of the Barr Report tomorrow, and reports of Pompeo also meeting with Barr today. They must just be deciding what flavor of cake and ice cream to serve at the exoneration party.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Chips O'Toole wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 pm Reports of multiple meetings between AG and POTUS to prepare for release of the Barr Report tomorrow, and reports of Pompeo also meeting with Barr today. They must just be deciding what flavor of cake and ice cream to serve at the exoneration party.
Maybe we should never let the administration see the actual report. After all, making the playing field level is almost not fair. I mean how many times have we heard, from the day he came down the escalator, that "there is no chance" or "this is the end"? He gets 80+ percent negative press. Yet here he is.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”