OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxagainsthumanity

Re: If I were the photo editor at Notre Dame...

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:46 pm I meant and intended no comment or criticism of the players appearance--only on the poor choice of photographs (due to high speed photography) picked by whomever has the responsibility at Notre Dame. If I was the editor, I would have rejected two of the three photographs and asked the person doing the submitting to present photographs with better composition and less distortion caused to the subjects by the high speed method of photography used. That is the whole of my intent in posting what I did earlier. If I had it to over again, I would have posted this:

"If I was the editor, I would not have chosen these photographs to showcase these players due to poor composition."

And left it at that.

Period--paragraph--end of story.
ok
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:02 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:46 pm I meant and intended no comment or criticism of the players appearance--only on the poor choice of photographs (due to high speed photography) picked by whomever has the responsibility at Notre Dame. If I was the editor, I would have rejected two of the three photographs and asked the person doing the submitting to present photographs with better composition and less distortion caused to the subjects by the high speed method of photography used. That is the whole of my intent in posting what I did earlier. If I had it to over again, I would have posted this:

"If I was the editor, I would not have chosen these photographs to showcase these players due to poor composition."

And left it at that.

ok
There are no inconsistencies in what I wrote--your blue font enhancements to the contrary notwithstanding.
wlaxphan20

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 pm Personally I think their bodies look phenomenal — strong, toned, fit, healthy (as are the opponents also pictured). These women exercise 2-3 hours per day and it shows. Yes, it's hard to keep a pretty face during physical exertion. Yes, almost all women have cellulite. Yes, thighs often look undefined from certain angles during some parts of the gait cycle. None of this needs to be avoided in conversation or in social media posts. It is simply the way the human body works. These three women are absolutely beautiful athletes to watch in action. Let young girls see these photos on social media and understand that they capture athleticism and health.
Love my cellulite it keeps all the important stuff safe 👍🏼
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cool angle/Net puff

OuttaNowhereWregget

Great Camera Angle

It's a little bit wide but I could get used to this view...

njbill

Post by njbill »

Perhaps ONW could post a picture of himself so that the college lacrosse players on whose appearances he has negatively commented could comment on his.
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:53 am Perhaps ONW could post a picture of himself so that the college lacrosse players on whose appearances he has negatively commented could comment on his.
Oh goodness no – I wouldn't want to afflict anyone with that visual!
OuttaNowhereWregget

This was their Super Bowl, if you please. They were dragged in three of their next four games by Carolina, Notre Dame and Maryland successively. Very puzzling how a team with all their talent could look so anemic in those three blowout losses. One would think they would've given all three of those teams a better fight.

In any event, I would love to see Duke win it all one time. That would be fun to witness.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gives me chills…

What a great moment that was for Boston College.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1xZR4LnRu ... MyMTA2M2Y=
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:46 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 pm Personally I think their bodies look phenomenal — strong, toned, fit, healthy (as are the opponents also pictured). These women exercise 2-3 hours per day and it shows. Yes, it's hard to keep a pretty face during physical exertion. Yes, almost all women have cellulite. Yes, thighs often look undefined from certain angles during some parts of the gait cycle. None of this needs to be avoided in conversation or in social media posts. It is simply the way the human body works. These three women are absolutely beautiful athletes to watch in action. Let young girls see these photos on social media and understand that they capture athleticism and health.
I meant and intended no comment or criticism of the players appearance--only on the poor choice of photographs (due to high speed photography) picked by whomever has the responsibility at Notre Dame. If I was the editor, I would have rejected two of the three photographs and asked the person doing the submitting to present photographs with better composition and less distortion caused to the subjects by the high speed method of photography used. That is the whole of my intent in posting what I did earlier. If I had it to over again, I would have posted this:

And left it at that.

But you didn't; you posted about how the pictures made the players look "less attractive".

What does that have to do with "high speed photography"? and "composition"?
In what way are the photographs showing "distortion"?
What's wrong with the "composition"?

I see physical exertion, nothing more or less...are pictures of athletes in action supposed to make them look "attractive"?
These aren't poses...

Seriously, I don't get it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Fantastic!

No shot prettier than the no-look backhander. A thing of beauty. And what camerawork!

user1020

Re: Great Camera Angle

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:02 am It's a little bit wide but I could get used to this view...

These are cool shots. Pretty ball movement on this last one.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs...

https://twitter.com/NDWomensLax/status/ ... n8V7KApS3A
I'm not following. What's less than flattering about them?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Great Camera Angle

user1020 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:11 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:02 am It's a little bit wide but I could get used to this view...

These are cool shots. Pretty ball movement on this last one.
Agreed. Won the game for them in OT to boot.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power...
OuttaNowhereWregget, take a rest.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac

Re: 9421

Post by DMac »

Cletus wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:42 pm Image
This is a slap in the face to you Admin, ONW showing complete disregard for authority and willingness to play by the rules.
Minimally the penalty should be doubled plus time for bad behavior.
Dr. Tact

Re: Fantastic!

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:07 pm No shot prettier than the no-look backhander. A thing of beauty. And what camerawork!

I have always understood that a "no-look" shot is often susceptible to a Dangerous propelling foul. I am not saying that this example meets that criteria (as she may have snuck a look), but a generic "no-look" does...

Dangerous Propelling: Propelling the ball with their stick in a dangerous
or uncontrolled manner at any time. Any shot directed at or taken without
regard to the positioning of a field player is dangerous propelling

The other call that is in play with a no-look is a dangerous follow through...it is hard to stop your crosse if you dont know where the defense is...

Dangerous Follow-Through: Following through with their stick in a
dangerous or uncontrolled manner at any time.

Again, this example doesnt jump out as having either of those fouls, it is a good example...but no-look shots often get called when the ball/stick hits a defender.
8meterPA

Re: Fantastic!

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:43 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:07 pm No shot prettier than the no-look backhander. A thing of beauty. And what camerawork!

I have always understood that a "no-look" shot is often susceptible to a Dangerous propelling foul. I am not saying that this example meets that criteria (as she may have snuck a look), but a generic "no-look" does...

Dangerous Propelling: Propelling the ball with their stick in a dangerous
or uncontrolled manner at any time. Any shot directed at or taken without
regard to the positioning of a field player is dangerous propelling

The other call that is in play with a no-look is a dangerous follow through...it is hard to stop your crosse if you dont know where the defense is...

Dangerous Follow-Through: Following through with their stick in a
dangerous or uncontrolled manner at any time.

Again, this example doesnt jump out as having either of those fouls, it is a good example...but no-look shots often get called when the ball/stick hits a defender.
Twizzler!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”