OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

My Other All Time Favorite from Navy--Jenna Collins

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Julia’s twin sister Jenna started all 84 of the Midshipmen’s games from 2015 through 2018 posting 224 goals, 107 assists, 150 ground balls, 68 caused turnovers and 293 draw controls. A true midfielder who played defense in addition to taking draws. Not many players in the game like her anymore.

Lax101

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by Lax101 »

These are insane stats for a midfielder. Very few 2 way middies in the history of the game put up those types of numbers. Being in an easier conference might be somewhat of a factor. How do these stats compare to some of the best midfielders - McCool, Arsenault, Cummings, Ally Kennedy etc. Also was she ever a Tewaaraton Finalist?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 pm These are insane stats for a midfielder. Very few 2 way middies in the history of the game put up those types of numbers. Being in an easier conference might be somewhat of a factor. How do these stats compare to some of the best midfielders - McCool, Arsenault, Cummings, Ally Kennedy etc. Also was she ever a Tewaaraton Finalist?
Insane, yes. She also had the luxury of playing with/being fed by Kelly Larkin. 8-)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 pm These are insane stats for a midfielder. Very few 2 way middies in the history of the game put up those types of numbers. Being in an easier conference might be somewhat of a factor. How do these stats compare to some of the best midfielders - McCool, Arsenault, Cummings, Ally Kennedy etc. Also was she ever a Tewaaraton Finalist?
Cummings
Goals: 229
Assists: 94
GB: 168
DC: 509
CT: 139

Arsenault
Goals: 146
Assists: 74
GB: 169
DC: 290
CT: 89

McCool
Goals: 183
Assists: 63
GB: 146
DC: 295
CT: 81

Kennedy
Goals: 266
GB: 180
DC: 343
CT: 59

Sondra Dickey
Goals: 205
Assists: 57
GB: 157
DC: 252
CT: 118

Katie Schwarzmann
Goals: 228
Assists: 76
DC: 165
CT: 73
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:27 pm
Cummings
Goals: 229
Assists: 94
GB: 168
DC: 509
CT: 139

Arsenault
Goals: 146
Assists: 74
GB: 169
DC: 290
CT: 89

McCool
Goals: 183
DC: 295
CT: 81

Kennedy
Goals: 266
GB: 180
DC: 343
CT: 59

Sondra Dickey
Goals: 205
Assists: 57
GB: 157
DC: 252
CT: 118

Katie Schwarzmann
Goals: 228
Assists: 76
DC: 165
CT: 73
Dickey - one of the most consistent and underrated players in college, hard to believe she was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on her HS team. Her prowess on the draw circle guaranteed Lehigh victories!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sondra Dickey

And a feature on Sondra from the team website:

https://lehighsports.com/news/2020/4/24 ... -best.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

If I were the photo editor at Notre Dame...

I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power.

https://twitter.com/NDWomensLax/status/ ... n8V7KApS3A

While on the subject of what gets published for consumption, it was advertised on Twitter that IL Women was looking to hire someone for content among other responsibilities. I would never want to have a job where the creative process worked under an impending deadline. Choosing good photographs on the other hand, is much easier as long as someone with a good eye is doing the choosing. Nice example here is Colgate's Alissa Masini.

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunnylax

Re: If I were the photo editor at Notre Dame...

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power.

While on the subject of what gets published for consumption, it was advertised on Twitter that IL Women was looking to hire someone for content among other responsibilities. I would never want to have a job where the creative process worked under an impending deadline. Choosing good photographs on the other hand, is much easier as long as someone with a good eye is doing the choosing. Nice example here is Colgate's Alissa Masini.

I’m confused. Why are these less than flattering?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sunnylax wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:15 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am I would not have chosen two of these three much-less-than-flattering photographs. I see many photographs of players make their way onto social media that I'm sure the players (and those who eventually see them) would balk at if they had veto power.

All in the eye of the beholder...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm

Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
I'm missing what is "less than attractive"....are you referring to these players bodies? That would be a bit creepy...i opened each photograph and nothing jumps out to me...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
It seems like you're purposely being cryptic because you know what you're talking about is either/both inappropriate and/or off-putting...
Last edited by Matnum PI on Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:14 pm...are you referring to these players bodies?...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sorry all. I was making a comment more about high speed photography than anything else. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about players or their appearance. I'll be more careful with my observations in the future.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Julia Collins--War Cry

OuttaNowhereWregget

Full Throttle

8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:16 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm Super high speed photography sometimes enhances details that are less than attractive. That's the best way I can put it. I think if you open each photograph and look at the details of the player being featured, you'll see what I mean.
It seems like you're purposely being cryptic because you know what you're talking about is either/both inappropriate and/or off-putting...
I reported the post to Admin - now let's see how the favoritism plays out. Matnum, you are using kid gloves by calling it inappropriate or off-putting. Why not use the correct terminology?
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Personally I think their bodies look phenomenal — strong, toned, fit, healthy (as are the opponents also pictured). These women exercise 2-3 hours per day and it shows. Yes, it's hard to keep a pretty face during physical exertion. Yes, almost all women have cellulite. Yes, thighs often look undefined from certain angles during some parts of the gait cycle. None of this needs to be avoided in conversation or in social media posts. It is simply the way the human body works. These three women are absolutely beautiful athletes to watch in action. Let young girls see these photos on social media and understand that they capture athleticism and health.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 pm Personally I think their bodies look phenomenal — strong, toned, fit, healthy (as are the opponents also pictured). These women exercise 2-3 hours per day and it shows. Yes, it's hard to keep a pretty face during physical exertion. Yes, almost all women have cellulite. Yes, thighs often look undefined from certain angles during some parts of the gait cycle. None of this needs to be avoided in conversation or in social media posts. It is simply the way the human body works. These three women are absolutely beautiful athletes to watch in action. Let young girls see these photos on social media and understand that they capture athleticism and health.
I meant and intended no comment or criticism of the players appearance--only on the poor choice of photographs (due to high speed photography) picked by whomever has the responsibility at Notre Dame. If I was the editor, I would have rejected two of the three photographs and asked the person doing the submitting to present photographs with better composition and less distortion caused to the subjects by the high speed method of photography used. That is the whole of my intent in posting what I did earlier. If I had it to over again, I would have posted this:

"If I was the editor, I would not have chosen these photographs to showcase these players due to poor composition."

And left it at that.

Period--paragraph--end of story.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”