The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:35 pm Second journalist dies during Qatar World Cup
From CNN's Alex Stambaugh in Hong Kong and Zayn Nabbi in London
A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, according to a tweet from Qatari outlet AlKass on Saturday.

Photojournalist Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam was working for the Qatari channel when he passed away over the weekend, with The Gulf Times reporting that he died suddenly while covering the tournament.

“We’re praying to the God Almighty to provide him with the vastness of His mercy and allow him in his spacious gardens and to provide his family and relatives with patience and solace,” AlKass tweeted.
The circumstances around al-Misslam’s death are unclear. AlKass has not released any further information and has not responded to CNN’s request for comment.

FIFA and the Qatari government have not responded to CNN's request for comment.

Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam’s death comes after American journalist Grant Wahl died Friday after he collapsed while covering a match between Argentina and the Netherlands.

CNN’s Mostafa Salem contributed to this report
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:35 pm Second journalist dies during Qatar World Cup
A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, according to a tweet from Qatari outlet AlKass on Saturday.

Photojournalist Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam was working for the Qatari channel when he passed away over the weekend, with The Gulf Times reporting that he died suddenly while covering the tournament.

“We’re praying to the God Almighty to provide him with the vastness of His mercy and allow him in his spacious gardens and to provide his family and relatives with patience and solace,” AlKass tweeted.
The circumstances around al-Misslam’s death are unclear. AlKass has not released any further information and has not responded to CNN’s request for comment.

Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam’s death comes after American journalist Grant Wahl died Friday after he collapsed while covering a match between Argentina and the Netherlands.

What was the cause of death for the second one?

Another aneurysm?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grant-wahls- ... 29778.html

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:33 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:42 pm

What was the cause of death for the second one?

Another aneurysm?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grant-wahls- ... 29778.html

Jump to conclusions? Yeah, someone should jump all right...

However, a real question would be what is the population of "journalists" present at the WC, and do these deaths represent an unusual mortality rate.

That better, big brain?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"The autopsy found that Mr. Wahl had an ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm, a weakening of the blood vessel that often goes undetected. As the aneurysm grows, it may produce a cough, shortness of breath or chest pain, some of which the doctors consulted by Mr. Wahl in Qatar might have attributed to his cold and a possible case of bronchitis.

In rare cases, the aneurysm can rupture and lead to death. Doctors are now exploring whether Mr. Wahl had Marfan syndrome, a risk factor for this type of aneurysm. He was tall and thin and had long arms, all of which can be signs of the genetic syndrome."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What conclusion should we jump to?

The original post by Kismet was Wahl's bro suggesting the journalist died due to foul play by the Qatari gov't ... because he was wearing a rainbow tee shirt.

That appears to be ruled out by the autopsy.

Are you now suggesting a correlation between covering the WC and journalist deaths? Suggesting a disdain by Qatari Gov't for open and free journalism, or something else?

At this point it seems like the only correlation is unfortunate coincidence. Any more info? What are you reading that suggests otherwise?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:01 pm What conclusion should we jump to?

The original post by Kismet was Wahl's bro suggesting the journalist died due to foul play by the Qatari gov't ... because he was wearing a rainbow tee shirt.

Are you now suggesting a correlation between covering the WC and journalist deaths? Suggesting a disdain by Qatari Gov't for open and free journalism, or something else?

At this point it seems like the only correlation is unfortunate coincidence. Any more info? What are you reading that suggests otherwise?
Well there is evidence of Qutari Govt disdain for open and free journalism. I presume you are aware of this.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:01 pm What conclusion should we jump to?

Well there is evidence of Qutari Govt disdain for open and free journalism. I presume you are aware of this.
Yes. Well aware.
I disdain Hopkins fans.
But I wouldn't off them for it. Seems to me that's a pretty big step.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Yes. Well aware.
I disdain Hopkins fans.
But I wouldn't off them for it. Seems to me that's a pretty big step.
You presumably don’t have slave labor either. They do. You’re not the same when it comes to human rights behavior I sure hope. (Ie bad comparison)

Plus..offing Hop fans is legal. It’s in the Geneva convention.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Well, you learn something every day.
And it's useful information!
Although Hopkins fans prefer to kill themselves with self loathing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 am Well, you learn something every day.
They do eat their young...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 am Well, you learn something every day.
They do eat their young...
There was a former moderator who banned me for a week for using that line from a 60s Smothers Brothers routine. The context was slightly different. Dicky Smothers looked at his brother and said... " Looking at you I can understand why some animals eat their young"
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:49 pm A real Christian.
Obvious question: why aren't ANY real Christians stepping up to stop this sh9T? Anyone have a clue?

Or did I miss responses to these various persistent incidents.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:13 pm Scumbags got their wish.
To whom do you refer? No references of anyone specific in the article wanting this poor young woman to die. The scumbag that is…society?

Sad indeed, but unless there is more to the story, it seems like you, her mother, and employer are all reaching to prop her up as a martyr amid a terrible situation.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:18 pm
Obvious question: why aren't ANY real Christians stepping up to stop this sh9T? Anyone have a clue?

Because they got what they wanted. Likely all read the King James Version.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:13 pm Scumbags got their wish.
To whom do you refer? No references of anyone specific in the article wanting this poor young woman to die. The scumbag that is…society?

Sad indeed, but unless there is more to the story, it seems like you, her mother, and employer are all reaching to prop her up as a martyr amid a terrible situation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Again, for the 1000th time: what part of the first commandment is unclear? Last I checked, that was in the King James version.

These people are putting themselves before G*d, and doing the judging in His place. Not their job....it's a sin to do what they're doing. Clear as day.

It's the first one for a reason. How many times is this stated in the King James in different parables?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:45 pm

Again, for the 1000th time: what part of the first commandment is unclear? Last I checked, that was in the King James version.

These people are putting themselves before G*d, and doing the judging in His place. Not their job....it's a sin to do what they're doing. Clear as day.

It's the first one for a reason. How many times is this stated in the King James in different parables?
You mean the 2nd in this instance? It seems they are following the 1st...probably too damned close, which is why they feel the deep desire to protect Gods' children 'at all costs'.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”