Maryland 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MoralTerpitude

Re: Maryland 2023

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Wheels wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:17 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:09 pm

You’ve never seen him play? Nice. He has not been an impact player. And college 40 times are not trustworthy.
Wait...not an impact player? Second on the team in tackles (behind his safety battery-mate Beau Brade) isn't an impact player?

While Maryland's defense wasn't elite, 52nd in the nation isn't exactly bad (0.4 average yards per game separated LSU, Texas, and MD).
As was mentioned before, a safety being near the top of the team in tackles is more an indictment of the defense than anything else. They basically never mentioned Trader’s name during telecasts.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

It sort of doesn't matter about NFL at this point for him. He's got a full ride thanks to football and I think that's more of a concern at this point - getting injured playing lacrosse could imperil that...
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

You’ve never seen him play? Nice. He has not been an impact player. And college 40 times are not trustworthy.
Wait...not an impact player? Second on the team in tackles (behind his safety battery-mate Beau Brade) isn't an impact player?

While Maryland's defense wasn't elite, 52nd in the nation isn't exactly bad (0.4 average yards per game separated LSU, Texas, and MD).
And two picks. He's a pretty good DB on a perfectly okay P5 defense that also has a history of putting pretty good DBs into the league the last decade or so. Wasn't saying he'd be a first rounder but he'd have a shot at getting drafted with another two years of improvement and that's different gravy than lax
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:18 pm

And two picks. He's a pretty good DB on a perfectly okay P5 defense that also has a history of putting pretty good DBs into the league the last decade or so. Wasn't saying he'd be a first rounder but he'd have a shot at getting drafted with another two years of improvement and that's different gravy than lax
but terpitude hasn't heard any buzz.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:24 pm

He’s more of a prospect than my cousin was….he played 12 years in the league. Trader has a chance. It is up to him.
“I wish you would!”
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

I’m not the one saying he’s going to get drafted based on… well, pretty much nothing at all. I have, however, watched most of their games, and he is not an impact player.

Since 2011, there have been less than two Terps drafted per class. He is not one of the top two players in the Terps sophomore class.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:53 am

I’m not the one saying he’s going to get drafted based on… well, pretty much nothing at all. I have, however, watched most of their games, and he is not an impact player.

Since 2011, there have been less than two Terps drafted per class. He is not one of the top two players in the Terps sophomore class.
that's funny, because at no point did i say he'd be drafted. we are discussing trader's evaluation of his pro prospects, and how that may affect a decision to play lacrosse. i'm not in the war room like you are, but i suspect teams don't all get together and take an average number of guys from every school from the last decade.

go ahead and pm me with a wager on whether he signs to a camp.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:13 am

that's funny, because at no point did i say he'd be drafted. we are discussing trader's evaluation of his pro prospects, and how that may affect a decision to play lacrosse. i'm not in the war room like you are, but i suspect teams don't all get together and take an average number of guys from every school from the last decade.

Regarding the discussion, yes we are, and I’m just saying there are really no indications he’s either planning his future around playing in the NFL, or that he’s NFL caliber. And my point in bringing up the draft numbers is that a very small number of players ever make it to the pros, particulalry from schools in Maryland’s tier. Almost all of them have been identified as pro prospects pretty early in their collegiate careers.

The level of discourse and collective knowledge on this board as relates to lax is impressive. I learn something everytime I frequent it. I wonder what the response would be if a poster said, “there’s this LSM on Villanova who has 50 ground balls, and is 6’ 2”, 230. I’ve never seen him play, he hasn’t made an all-america team, but he’s got a great shot at making a PLL roster. There’s a good chance he’s going to forego cross country to do fall ball even though he was a top-ten runner in high school.”

Regarding your offer to wager, I don’t make bets with random (somewhat angry?) people on internet message boards.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:07 pm Regarding the discussion, yes we are, and I’m just saying there are really no indications he’s either planning his future around playing in the NFL, or that he’s NFL caliber. And my point in bringing up the draft numbers is that a very small number of players ever make it to the pros, particulalry from schools in Maryland’s tier. Almost all of them have been identified as pro prospects pretty early in their collegiate careers.

The level of discourse and collective knowledge on this board as relates to lax is impressive. I learn something everytime I frequent it. I wonder what the response would be if a poster said, “there’s this LSM on Villanova who has 50 ground balls, and is 6’ 2”, 230. I’ve never seen him play, he hasn’t made an all-america team, but he’s got a great shot at making a PLL roster. There’s a good chance he’s going to forego cross country to do fall ball even though he was a top-ten runner in high school.”

Regarding your offer to wager, I don’t make bets with random (somewhat angry?) people on internet message boards.
he's a film rat though
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:22 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:07 pm Regarding the discussion, yes we are, and I’m just saying there are really no indications he’s either planning his future around playing in the NFL, or that he’s NFL caliber. And my point in bringing up the draft numbers is that a very small number of players ever make it to the pros, particulalry from schools in Maryland’s tier. Almost all of them have been identified as pro prospects pretty early in their collegiate careers.

he's a film rat though
16 has joined the chat.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:07 pm

Regarding the discussion, yes we are, and I’m just saying there are really no indications he’s either planning his future around playing in the NFL, or that he’s NFL caliber. And my point in bringing up the draft numbers is that a very small number of players ever make it to the pros, particulalry from schools in Maryland’s tier. Almost all of them have been identified as pro prospects pretty early in their collegiate careers.

that's weird, i thought you were the one hoo chimed 1st with the sarcastic b.s. in the midst of an otherwise normal back and forth. i thought that was what we were doing now? u don't seem to like it too much on your end, tho? hopefully, that hypo discussion wouldn't be some ******* turning the discussion salty for no reason, but hey! you do you.

you should see the 2 safeties my squad put into nfl camps, one on a roster, after a record-setting (and not in a good way) defensive campaign in 2021. & i see you're still using straw men for stuff i never said, i guess it's now making a roster. kudos.

n.p., we can have a trusted 3rd party hold the $$ as u feel so strongly about the lack of prospect. no worries... u don't have to reply on this wager thingy again... i see you.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:04 pm

that's weird, i thought you were the one hoo chimed 1st with the sarcastic b.s. in the midst of an otherwise normal back and forth. i thought that was what we were doing now? u don't seem to like it too much on your end, tho? hopefully, that hypo discussion wouldn't be some ******* turning the discussion salty for no reason, but hey! you do you.

you should see the 2 safeties my squad put into nfl camps, one on a roster, after a record-setting (and not in a good way) defensive campaign in 2021. & i see you're still using straw men for stuff i never said, i guess it's now making a roster. kudos.

n.p., we can have a trusted 3rd party hold the $$ as u feel so strongly about the lack of prospect. no worries... u don't have to reply on this wager thingy again... i see you.
Dang dude, chill out Moral Terpitude is a level headed and fair poster. He disagrees with you on a point nobody can win for at least 18 months. Move on, this isn't a bar fight.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:41 pm

Dang dude, chill out Moral Terpitude is a level headed and fair poster. He disagrees with you on a point nobody can win for at least 18 months. Move on, this isn't a bar fight.
meh, it's not my obligation to respond to not-so-friendly snark with indifference. maybe i will, maybe won't. generally, i allow the counterparty to set the rules for the road. if he's okay with standing down on his rules here, great. if not...

don't have an issue with terpitude's stance on trader's nfl prospects at all. he might with mine and that's fine.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

So, Terps lacrosse 2023, anybody know why Whittier didn't play against USA? Tills mentioned him in a June postseason interview as a practice squad all star along with Spanos. Makar wore his #13 at the scrimmage; don't know if there's a correlation.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

keno in reno wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:11 pm So, Terps lacrosse 2023, anybody know why Whittier didn't play against USA? Tills mentioned him in a June postseason interview as a practice squad all star along with Spanos. Makar wore his #13 at the scrimmage; don't know if there's a correlation.
There were a few guys on the sideline that day and i believe he was one. Thought someone one said Makar was not wearing his number because of a uniform issue.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Someone posted on another Maryland forum

Ford #3 white helmet; Draley #9 red helmet, Stobaugh #10 blue helmet long pants

Draley goals at 1:14, 2:32

Stobaugh nice assist at 2:40

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

5 Terps select to the US roster
Jesse BERNHARDT
DUNN
EHRHARDT
Rambo
Kelly
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

All the other Big Ten schools have dropped their schedules

Guess at the schedule from what I have seen/heard
Georgetown @ CP January 28 - scrimmage
Richmond guessing @ CP
Loyola away February 11
Syracuse @ CP February 18
Princeton away February 25
Notre Dame @ CP
Albany away March 11 @3
Virginia away
PSU @ CP March 25
Michigan @ CP April 1
OSU away April 9 @7
Rutgers away April 16 @7
Hopkins @ CP April 23 @7
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Including O'Neill on the team is like putting Laettner on the Dream Team. You want to at least put a college kid on the team.

But leaving Wisnauskas off the roster in favor of O'Neill is short sighted for a lot of reasons.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:19 pm
keno in reno wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:41 pm

meh, it's not my obligation to respond to not-so-friendly snark with indifference. maybe i will, maybe won't. generally, i allow the counterparty to set the rules for the road. if he's okay with standing down on his rules here, great. if not...

don't have an issue with terpitude's stance on trader's nfl prospects at all. he might with mine and that's fine.
Fair enough. I was snarky, though I’d argue it was well earned. Anyways, I was wrong on Bernhardt, and I hope I’m wrong with Trader as well - always good to have more Terps representing in the league. And… back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”