Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

More idiocy from the chief twit.

Twitter's Former Head of Trust and Safety Forced to Flee Home After Elon Musk's Tweets: Reports

The alleged threats against Roth have reportedly increased after Musk, 51, apparently supported tweets suggesting, without merit, that the former Twitter employee was sympathetic toward pedophilia, per CNN's report.

Why is it always an obsession with pedophilia?

July 2018: Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:08 pm Question is, can the national interest of the US tolerate his destruction of Space X, given the prominence of its position and the relative inability of the NASA's favorite tax-payer redistribution mechanisms: Boeing, Lockheed, and Aerojet?

While we are at it, when will there be some regulation to the amount of shite placed in LEO? Getting crowded up there. Who needs intentional satellite killers with all of that trash and sloppy clean-up like the Chinese program demonstrates?
Having grown up in Long Island NY, until I figured out that LEO means Low Earth Orbit and not Lox, Eggs and Onion in an omelet at a diner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:13 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:08 pm Question is, can the national interest of the US tolerate his destruction of Space X, given the prominence of its position and the relative inability of the NASA's favorite tax-payer redistribution mechanisms: Boeing, Lockheed, and Aerojet?

While we are at it, when will there be some regulation to the amount of shite placed in LEO? Getting crowded up there. Who needs intentional satellite killers with all of that trash and sloppy clean-up like the Chinese program demonstrates?
Having grown up in Long Island NY, until I figured out that LEO means Low Earth Orbit and not Lox, Eggs and Onion in an omelet at a diner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, should have spelled out the acronym the first time. Sloppy.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... astronomers and astrophysicist have begun to complain about the Musk LEO satellites -- as expected. More space junk.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:33 pm ... astronomers and astrophysicist have begun to complain about the Musk LEO satellites -- as expected. More space junk.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
They must not like Ukraine 'either', since Starlink has been crucial to their success.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:37 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:33 pm ... astronomers and astrophysicist have begun to complain about the Musk LEO satellites -- as expected. More space junk.
They must not like Ukraine 'either', since Starlink has been crucial to their success.
... got nothing to do with Ukraine. They like doing earth based astronomy. Before Musk started with these things there were 2700 active satellites, 3200 junk satellites in orbit. Most all of this above 400 miles. Musk has now put 1400 into LEO and they are starting to interfere with earth based astrophotography. He wants to deploy 40,000, 90% of which he won't need.

Musk used Ukraine as a marketing opportunity, it wasn't about there was no other way to improve internet connectivity for Ukraine. Lots of existing satellite bandwidth that could have been reconfigured if the US had wanted to. Musk saw the marketing opportunity and moved first.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:56 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:48 pm So Musk bans accounts posting the video of him getting booed at the Chappelle show. Great free speech there.

And now Musk banned the account tracking his flights. After, of course, he promised not to. Free speech champion of our times indeed! #Winning

Thermonuclear a-hole. Just another attention grabbing, self-absorbed wingnut whose mother never hugged him enough. :lol:

Some seem to think he will pull another rabbit out of a hat. Others think the jig might be up.

TSLA continues to tank (and its stock underpins much of his acquisition of Twitter) - hit a new 52 week low this morning $155.88 - one year ago it was at a 52 week high of $402.67

Now also raiding SpaceX for staffing and expertise which they likely don't have.

Just canned his personal lawyer whom he installed at Twitter only months ago.

David Frum nailed his latest idiocy -"Not paying bills is not a "cost-cutting" strategy. The costs have been incurred, they exist. It's a "theft through litigation" strategy, and the people who use it are either bankrupt or crooks."
It’s like a 26-28 month low
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:10 pm More idiocy from the chief twit.

Twitter's Former Head of Trust and Safety Forced to Flee Home After Elon Musk's Tweets: Reports

The alleged threats against Roth have reportedly increased after Musk, 51, apparently supported tweets suggesting, without merit, that the former Twitter employee was sympathetic toward pedophilia, per CNN's report.

Why is it always an obsession with pedophilia?

July 2018: Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack
To take focus off Matt Gaetz?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Funny you mention Ukraine, doesn't seem Elon likes them either...

UNITED24 reports problems of Ukrainian users with two-factor Twitter authentication, gets shadow ban
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"All freedumb, all day." --Ellie's news service
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

It's already publicly available information too. Such an idiot.

He's got time between running five companies to tweet all day? If I were Tesla or SpaceX, I'd see about finding a new CEO who isn't distracted and hurting business.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:48 pm It's already publicly available information too. Such an idiot.

He's got time between running five companies to tweet all day? If I were Tesla or SpaceX, I'd see about finding a new CEO who isn't distracted and hurting business.
A dangerous guy.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

You're telling me that you're not noticing that Musk is doing exactly what we told you he would do......ban users and tweets he doesn't like, just like the last guy did?

You're not gonna roll your eyes at Musk's free speech nonsense yet? Give him a pass?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:35 pm
You're telling me that you're not noticing that Musk is doing exactly what we told you he would do......ban users and tweets he doesn't like, just like the last guy did?

You're not gonna roll your eyes at Musk's free speech nonsense yet? Give him a pass?
I have not been following whatever it is that brought you here. I did hear on the radio last night (busy few days) that people where doxxing Musk, his family, and his travel plans, while also linking to other SM platforms. I'll wait and see what comes of it. As an aside, I think we can agree there is free speech and then there is threatening speech.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Bozo the clown Musk had Twitter ban a bunch of accounts including CNN, NYT and WaPo journalists without explanation

Apparently he's ticked off over reports on Twitter by these folks that the social media company had suspended the account of an emerging competitive social media service, Mastodon, which has allowed the continued posting of @ElonJet, an account that posts the updated location of Musk’s private jet.

Not for nothing but his jet location and flight plans are PUBLIC information. Just more fuax outrage horseschidt from Musk who is doing exactly what he used to b*tch about on Twitter.

Big time Buffoonery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

His investors must be rightfully sweating bullets not only Twitter but Tesla and SpaceX, too.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:05 am Bozo the clown Musk had Twitter ban a bunch of accounts including CNN, NYT and WaPo journalists without explanation

Apparently he's ticked off over reports on Twitter by these folks that the social media company had suspended the account of an emerging competitive social media service, Mastodon, which has allowed the continued posting of @ElonJet, an account that posts the updated location of Musk’s private jet.

Not for nothing but his jet location and flight plans are PUBLIC information. Just more fuax outrage horseschidt from Musk who is doing exactly what he used to b*tch about on Twitter.

His investors must be rightfully sweating bullets not only Twitter but Tesla and SpaceX, too.
A quick search this morning found a bit more than the MSM was willing to share....it seems to cut far deeper than his Jet. Maybe it's the crazies following the medias escalation of the new divisive topic du jour. I' sure you'd invite the person over for dinner that was following you or your kid around based on SM sending out doxxing smoke signals. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/160 ... 1iiDXAws5w

https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/elon-musk ... oguls-son/
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:50 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:05 am Bozo the clown Musk had Twitter ban a bunch of accounts including CNN, NYT and WaPo journalists without explanation

A quick search this morning found a bit more than the MSM was willing to share....it seems to cut far deeper than his Jet. Maybe it's the crazies following the medias escalation of the new divisive topic du jour. I' sure you'd invite the person over for dinner that was following you or your kid around based on SM sending out doxxing smoke signals. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/160 ... 1iiDXAws5w

He sure has you convinced of the conspiracy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe he'd get less attention if he didn't act like an a-hole every day on Twitter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:50 am

sure, and Musk filmed the guy and posted the film. Call the police too, Elon.

But he blocked the accounts of journalists who reported that he'd blocked Mastodon's account because they wouldn't block the people posting Musk's private jet's location, itself publicly available information.

Free speech for Elon, but...

Return to “POLITICS”