Crime and Punishment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Crime and Punishment

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:26 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:25 am No, not the novel.

How about this for non-violent offenders to keep them from re-committing more crimes:
Are you sure this isn't just another woke scheme to put pedophiles in all the pizzerias in the DC Metro area?
What a racist assumption on your part. How do you know pedophiles even like pizza? My bad they probably hang out at Chuck E Cheese.
What does pedophiles have to do with racism?
I guess if the pedophile is white and the object of his affection is black how could that not be racist behavior??? If a white cop pulls over a black motorist that is almost automatically labeled as racism from some mind numbed folks on this forum. If that logic is too complex for you to grasp I can pull out some crayons and draw stick figures for you. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:29 pm

How about this for non-violent offenders to keep them from re-committing more crimes:
Are you sure this isn't just another woke scheme to put pedophiles in all the pizzerias in the DC Metro area?
What a racist assumption on your part. How do you know pedophiles even like pizza? My bad they probably hang out at Chuck E Cheese.
I guess if the pedophile is white and the object of his affection is black how could that not be racist behavior??? If a white cop pulls over a black motorist that is almost automatically labeled as racism from some mind numbed folks on this forum. If that logic is too complex for you to grasp I can pull out some crayons and draw stick figures for you. :D
You sound stupid..
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:29 pm

You sound stupid..
Yes
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:34 pm

["cradleandshoot"]

If a white cop pulls over a black motorist that is almost automatically labeled as racism from some mind numbed folks on this forum. If that logic is too complex for you to grasp I can pull out some crayons and draw stick figures for you. :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

reply:
You sound stupid..

If cradle had any intelligence at all, he would have read all the links we've posted here about the subject called selective enforcement of the law where cops deliberately target black motorists. Thus, your categorization of him under these circumstances appear quite apropos.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just watched the full episode of this, pretty tough stuff. Locking people up in cages has always struck me as wrong, feels inhumane to me. Sure, there are some this might make sense for, the serial killers, Manson types, and the like, but those caught up in the ill advised and so wrongly handled war on drugs (480,000 of them), not so much. Plenty of others too, just feels like there has to be a better way to me. Year after year we maintain our number one ranking in the world in prison population....prisons for profit gotta go, so much corruption going on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG7OFmkO0Ag
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:29 pm Just watched the full episode of this, pretty tough stuff. Locking people up in cages has always struck me as wrong, feels inhumane to me. Sure, there are some this might make sense for, the serial killers, Manson types, and the like, but those caught up in the ill advised and so wrongly handled war on drugs (480,000 of them), not so much. Plenty of others too, just feels like there has to be a better way to me. Year after year we maintain our number one ranking in the world in prison population....prisons for profit gotta go, so much corruption going on there.
Our system is completely broken. More guns than any place on the planet and more prisoners. You ever visit anyone in prison?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:29 pm Just watched the full episode of this, pretty tough stuff. Locking people up in cages has always struck me as wrong, feels inhumane to me. Sure, there are some this might make sense for, the serial killers, Manson types, and the like, but those caught up in the ill advised and so wrongly handled war on drugs (480,000 of them), not so much. Plenty of others too, just feels like there has to be a better way to me. Year after year we maintain our number one ranking in the world in prison population....prisons for profit gotta go, so much corruption going on there.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids…

“Section I of the Thirteenth Amendment reads:

“Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

https://www.naacpldf.org/13th-amendment-emancipation/

Familiar with Angola Prison in LA? Not much has changed since the Civil War.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:29 pm
Our system is completely broken. More guns than any place on the planet and more prisoners. You ever visit anyone in prison?
Pretty fcuking grim.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, never have. Spent a night and half a day in the drunk tank though (you've seen me mention that I don't touch liquor, that's a pretty good indicator as to why), that was enough of a taste of being behind bars for me to know I wanted no part of that ever.
I'd agree that our system is broken, I want no part of the judicial system and I don't want to be anywhere near cops.
These two, and there are plenty of other examples like this, spent 25 years in jail for having nothing to do with this murder. Prosecutors will fight tooth and nail to not release innocent people even when a mountain of evidence is put in front of them that they were wrongfully convicted.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/detroit-broth ... ame%20year.
rosinheel

Post by rosinheel »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:48 am
No, never have. Spent a night and half a day in the drunk tank though (you've seen me mention that I don't touch liquor, that's a pretty good indicator as to why), that was enough of a taste of being behind bars for me to know I wanted no part of that ever.
I'd agree that our system is broken, I want no part of the judicial system and I don't want to be anywhere near cops.
These two, and there are plenty of other examples like this, spent 25 years in jail for having nothing to do with this murder. Prosecutors will fight tooth and nail to not release innocent people even when a mountain of evidence is put in front of them that they were wrongfully convicted.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/detroit-broth ... ame%20year.

That's one incredibly depressing article to read, presuming one has faith in the American justice system and its prosecutors (and still, this particular female prosecutor won't let up, even after witness testimony exonerates the two wrongfully accused).

I feel the American justice system has so many ridiculously structural problems...we incarcerate some folks without any real evidence, like this guy:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 552574002/

....on the other hand, we release clearly deranged violent criminals with a 20+ year rap sheet of violent crimes, people who should never be free, who then murder 6 innocent people:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/cri ... 440943002/

...including an 8 year old kid having the time of his life at a Christmas parade:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/jackson-s ... e-tragedy/

We need a better system.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The powers that be in the Rochester NY Police Department are considering hiring an analytics company to use a computer model than can predict any police officer at risk of misconduct on the job. Do you then punish the officer under the assumption he or she is going to do something wrong eventually??? No wonder more cops are bailing out of the profession of law enforcement. Now they want to predict what your going to do before you even do it. :roll:
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:24 pm The powers that be in the Rochester NY Police Department are considering hiring an analytics company to use a computer model than can predict any police officer at risk of misconduct on the job. Do you then punish the officer under the assumption he or she is going to do something wrong eventually??? No wonder more cops are bailing out of the profession of law enforcement. Now they want to predict what your going to do before you even do it. :roll:
Actually, this could be quite positive - allowing the PD to provide training as an advance intervention, for example. I think the idea is not that someone is predicting bad behavior beforehand, but looking for signs it _might_ occur and take appropriate action in advance.

BUT in the hands of the wrong people, it _could_ be problematic.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:24 pm The powers that be in the Rochester NY Police Department are considering hiring an analytics company to use a computer model than can predict any police officer at risk of misconduct on the job. Do you then punish the officer under the assumption he or she is going to do something wrong eventually??? No wonder more cops are bailing out of the profession of law enforcement. Now they want to predict what your going to do before you even do it. :roll:
Actually, this could be quite positive - allowing the PD to provide training as an advance intervention, for example. I think the idea is not that someone is predicting bad behavior beforehand, but looking for signs it _might_ occur and take appropriate action in advance.

BUT in the hands of the wrong people, it _could_ be problematic.
I'm guessing some software is in the works to predict what bad guy is likely to hold up a liquor store. Apparently similar software is being used by other departments around the country. I don't get it but I understand the logic. I can see it causing more problems than it is suppose to solve. Micromanaging police departments to death sounds foolish to me.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder if they can use it for educators and politicians as well?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I was not sure where to post this. While Buffalo NY and its residents were paralyzed by the recent storm the bad people used the opportunity to go out and loot and pillage as many stores as they could. The Christmas spirit of hope was changed to we hope we can find more free chit to steal. Never let a good crisis go to waste. No need for these store owners to worry. Their insurance, if they have any, will cover their losses. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Proud Boys terrorists allowed by cops to skip paying transit fares while patriots are forbidden from doing so:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... on_in_nyc/

I've said before and will say again: NYC cops are the most criminally corrupt institution anywhere. Says one commentator:

The sad thing is that its not just NYPD. From what we saw during the capital riots some of these “patriots” were current and former government employees/police officers. These people have infiltrated our systems and will continue to do be active just as long as the government allows it. I’m not surprised the FBI hasn’t labeled this group a terrorist organization.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Braintree Mom confronts crooked cops who repeatedly violate the law:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... shits_all/

commentators say,

I'm just surprised they're allowed to desecrate the flag and then wear it on the uniform we pay them to wear.

Since when did these fascist traitors need a different flag from ours??? Since when did we give these pigs permission to do this?

the same demographic that got mad at an nfl qb protesting by just kneeling AT the flag, dont give two shits about this. In fact, they support it

Great mom - I also like her Braintree accent.

I notice that there aren't too many people here defending the cops nowadays. I wonder if the delusionalism that we used to have on this forum has finally been trumped by the TRUTH.

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Speaking of crimes........

"The actor Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for handling the gun that discharged on the set of “Rust,” killing its cinematographer, as will the movie’s armorer, who loaded the gun, prosecutors in New Mexico announced on Thursday."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:16 am Speaking of crimes........

"The actor Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for handling the gun that discharged on the set of “Rust,” killing its cinematographer, as will the movie’s armorer, who loaded the gun, prosecutors in New Mexico announced on Thursday."
As I posted on gun safety he just won third prize in the sales competition.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

re Alec Baldwin

Being charged with manslaughter is proof that no intention on his part was found. Perhaps the prosecutor is charging him with criminal negligence for failure to properly supervise the production people who supplied the props and weaponry. I know he was credited as one of the producers but wonder what level of expertise (if any) he had in safety regulation and adherence to them. And where exactly were the New Mexico's OSHA branch? Since the movie production company had been fined for failure to comply with safety regs, shouldn't there have been more oversight? Who exactly committed the crime in this case?

Return to “POLITICS”