Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:54 pm Nothing OT either
maybe some Jeremiah.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Amazing news coming out that the structure of Notre-Dame has been saved.

Thank goodness they didn't do aerial dumps of water on it like Trump suggested or it would have been much worse. The man is a walking disaster.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm Amazing news coming out that the structure of Notre-Dame has been saved.

Thank goodness they didn't do aerial dumps of water on it like Trump suggested or it would have been much worse. The man is a walking disaster.
So now you're a cable tv fire marshall & structural engineer too ? .:lol:.
If that much of the structure survived, that increases the odds it could have survived a water drop.
The entire Ile de la Cite' had been evacuated.

Their firefighting tanker airplanes are based too far away (Marseille) & i don't know it there are any bodies of water close enough to Paris for them to scoop up water. They have EC-145 helicopters based in Paris capable of bucket drops, but I don't know if they're equipped & trained for fighting structural fires -- probably not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9curit%C3%A9_Civile

The best aerial drop option would have been via multiple helicopter drops. Smaller quantity, more precise.
The Cathedral is on an island surrounded by the River Seine. Helos could run a very tight refill/revisit pattern for continuous multiple drops.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helitack
Smaller helicopters, such as the Bell 206 JetRanger and AS350 Astar are sometimes used for precision water drops to protect specific structures, such as cabins or homes
This is a French made helo :
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

You don’t play odds when you can’t afford to lose
old salt

Post by old salt »

Aerial drops were probably not practical in this situation, but it is not the absurd idea it is being portrayed as.

EC-145 helo with fire fighting bucket
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:03 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm Amazing news coming out that the structure of Notre-Dame has been saved.

If that much of the structure survived, that increases the odds it could have survived a water drop.
Turnabout is fair play - since when is Trump a "cable tv fire marshall & structural engineer"?

I'm not a fire fighting expert, I'm just relaying what the experts said:

"Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircrafts which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral." - French Civil Defense Department

:roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:55 am Aerial drops were probably not practical in this situation, but it is not the absurd idea it is being portrayed as.

EC-145 helo with fire fighting bucket
Thanks Bill!

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am

Turnabout is fair play - since when is Trump a "cable tv fire marshall & structural engineer"?

"Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircrafts which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral." - French Civil Defense Department

Too bad the French Civil Defense Department's fleet doesn't include a firefighting EC-225. They're made in France.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I think part of the issue with using water from aircraft is the rapid cooling from such a hot fire (due to the extremely old wood) is that you might crack the limestone structure badly enough to collapse it - which would likely bring down large portions of the building...
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 am Too bad the French Civil Defense Department's fleet doesn't include a firefighting EC-225. They're made in France.

I toured the company that operates these units back in another life. I believe a key attribute to its effectiveness at the time was is the ability to rapidly refill it's huge water tanks. It did not work out for us but I remember the trip. Learned a lot.

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

According to this, the EC-225 can suck up 1000 gal in 90 sec. The Seine is right there, unobstructed.

It also has a low pressure, slower (more dispersed) release mode.

Post 9-11, there's been a lot of development for helo structural firefighting & high rise rescue.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/embat ... 2019-04-12

2016 "we need a gold standard; we really do"
2019 "im not in favor of the gold standard"

he changed his mind. sorta.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Drain that swamp but replace the former swamp dwellers with bigger,better,great ones. Mooch lasted 2 weeks.Will this guy break the in and out record of TRUMP appointees?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... a_20190416
Typical Lax Dad

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:06 pm https://www.marketwatch.com/story/embat ... 2019-04-12

2016 "we need a gold standard; we really do"
2019 "im not in favor of the gold standard"

he changed his mind. sorta.
Isn't he the guy from TV?
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am

Perhaps this "old salt"can volunteer his time,expertise and extensive "book learning" on the best use of aerial fire-fighting modalities.The 500 folks who were "in the arena" just may have done all they could.IMO,their efforts to prevent further damage to a 12th Century structure was outstanding,if not miraculous.

A question Mr. Salt.How do you FEEL, yes FEEL about this event.Gut feel---not what you can read in a book.I don't expect an answer.
old salt

Post by old salt »

A question Mr. Salt.How do you FEEL, yes FEEL about this event.Gut feel...
Sad : " in France, only 8 percent of Catholics attend Mass once a week. "
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm
AND...? What is your point? Is that an example of GOD'S vengeance?You must have looked that up in " the Bible according to Wildmon,Falwell and Oliver Cromwell.What do you FEEL about the art work,statues and architectural magnificence that were destroyed?
old salt

Post by old salt »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:47 pm
AND...? What is your point? Is that an example of GOD'S vengeance?You must have looked that up in " the Bible according to Wildmon,Falwell and Oliver Cromwell.What do you FEEL about the art work,statues and architectural magnificence that were destroyed?
Like I said in response to your question about how it makes me feel. Gut feel = Sad.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I am so confused, I thought that the r's all say the Meuller report exonerated their hero o d?
o d sure isn’t acting like someone who expects to be exonerated tomorrow.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Wow! FBI made 11 payments to Fake Dossier’s discredited author, Trump hater Christopher Steele. @OANN @JudicialWatch The Witch Hunt has been a total fraud on your President and the American people! It was brought to you by Dirty Cops, Crooked Hillary and the DNC.

4:34 AM - 17 Apr 2019
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”