A suggestion about trolling...

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Inside Lacrosse Top 50

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 am What Matnum originally said about views was disproven and Matnum acknowledged it. It’s in the exact same thread not much further down..
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=383992#p383992
The specific point Matnum made about what constitutes a view was disproven, but his overall assertion has been more than borne out over these last six months. I'm glad he introduced the significance of views with an excellent musing chuckling Tony Soprano as he walks along the Jersey Shore GIF. I hadn't considered it before. What I write on an exclusive thread--folks want to read. The continuously accumulating views prove that. I'm always surprised and delighted to find hundreds of new views sometimes when I log on in the morning or when I get home from work after not having been active on the site for a while. It continually amazes me that others want to read what I write--but the numbers are the numbers. Can't get much more solid proof than that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just a suggestion but methinks you should add Mr. Blinders to your list of aliases that you use. "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest", I'd add that he also sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest. This might be a bit of a boner kill for you, but have you forgotten what your very own exclusive thread was born of ? Some words used on this thread; creepy, annoying, tempered enthusiasm (regarding seeing your name plastered all over the place when checking in), sick of reading ONW's posts, and your own words of excessive posts. Those are some of the reasons, and there are plenty more, that you and only you have your very own exclusive thread. It's not because there are so many who are interested in what you have to say, or so many who are entertained by your childish gifs, it's the exact opposite as is clearly evident here. Your intent with the thread was to isolate yourself and spare the rest of us of all of your nonsense scattered everywhere on the D1 wlax threads (excessive...and I'd add annoying...posts, as you say). Remember that part while you're patting yourself on your back.

Third request, Admin, lock down and shut down the OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc. thread as it's no longer serving any purpose. The originator of the thread is now abusing said thread's intent and completely disregarding its purpose, shut it down.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ugh...came back and I find the same mess.

ONW, I repeat that I thought your self-imposed discipline was laudable...and was working. For everyone. You were posting heavily (which you clearly wish to do), and which other posters were free to tap into or not, engage with or not,... and some chose to do so... but you were not cluttering up other threads with posts that others find... (lots of words and phrases have been used to describe them...I think I said 'bordering on creepy'...I'd now add 'excessively cloying at times'...others have said 'tedious'...lots of other descriptions, not many being complimentary).

That you've decided to revert to earlier behaviors and patterns in posting, which so clearly annoy many others, is disappointing.
And it's obviously intentional...which certainly seems to fit the definition of 'trolling' under this site's rules.
Not merely opinions with which others disagree.

Ugh.
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm ugh...came back and I find the same mess.

ONW, I repeat that I thought your self-imposed discipline was laudable...and was working. For everyone. You were posting heavily (which you clearly wish to do), and which other posters were free to tap into or not, engage with or not,... and some chose to do so... but you were not cluttering up other threads with posts that others find... (lots of words and phrases have been used to describe them...I think I said 'bordering on creepy'...I'd now add 'excessively cloying at times'...others have said 'tedious'...lots of other descriptions, not many being complimentary).

That you've decided to revert to earlier behaviors and patterns in posting, which so clearly annoy many others, is disappointing.
And it's obviously intentional...which certainly seems to fit the definition of 'trolling' under this site's rules.

Ugh.
And where is one of these "bordering on creepy" posts? That's a nasty, despicable insinuation to make without producing an example. Do you have one?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm ugh...came back and I find the same mess.

Ugh.
And where is one of these "bordering on creepy" posts? That's a nasty, despicable insinuation to make without producing an example. Do you have one?
ONW, the constant fawning over these young women is, to me, "bordering on creepy". It's not a single post, in isolation, that is arguably excessively complimentary...it's the incessant fawning, repeatedly.

Frankly, as much as I'm 1000% cool with enthusiasm for the sport and for those who compete, over the top such seems downright strange. I think I'd asked you previously what your particular relationship with the sport is...former player, coach, parent, paid PR advocate...what? I didn't get an answer that explained, at least to me, the degree of enthusiastic exhortations.

If someone disagrees with me, other than you (who clearly doesn't 'understand'), I'm happy to hear their view...or from those who agree. I could well be all wet. Wouldn't be the first time, and not likely to be the last.

Again, to my basic point, you've intentionally decided to reverse your prior self-imposed discipline, despite the predictable response, which has now happened, and you are pretending that it's anyone and everyone else's problem for being bothered by your posts, taking no responsibility for the annoyance...that's intentionally trolling IMO.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, not all wet, and I'm not alone as one who agrees.
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:19 pm

Ugh.
ONW, the constant fawning over these young women is, to me, "bordering on creepy". It's not a single post, in isolation, that is arguably excessively complimentary...it's the incessant fawning, repeatedly.

Frankly, as much as I'm 1000% cool with enthusiasm for the sport and for those who compete, over the top such seems downright strange. I think I'd asked you previously what your particular relationship with the sport is...former player, coach, parent, paid PR advocate...what? I didn't get an answer that explained, at least to me, the degree of enthusiastic exhortations.

If someone disagrees with me, other than you (who clearly doesn't 'understand'), I'm happy to hear their view...or from those who agree. I could well be all wet. Wouldn't be the first time, and not likely to be the last.

Again, to my basic point, you've intentionally decided to reverse your prior self-imposed discipline, despite the predictable response, which has now happened, and you are pretending that it's anyone and everyone else's problem for being bothered by your posts, taking no responsibility for the annoyance...that's intentionally trolling IMO.
All to say you have nothing to back up that sleazy insinuation. I didn't think so.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:48 pm

Ugh.

All to say you have nothing to back up that sleazy insinuation. I didn't think so.
You're calling my "insinuation" "sleazy"???
I'm so offended... ;) :shock:

Seriously, that's all the explanation you want to offer for your incessant fawning over these young women?
I'd understand if these were pals of yours, pals of your daughter even, kids you'd coached maybe... but...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:19 pm ONW, the constant fawning over these young women is, to me, "bordering on creepy". It's not a single post, in isolation, that is arguably excessively complimentary...it's the incessant fawning, repeatedly...
I don't get it. That certain people don't like certain people, I get. That's just life. People have prejudices and personal tastes and whatever. But what has Outta said that is remotely sexual about these women lacrosse players? Does he really need to be a former coach, player, father, or otherwise to justify passionately loving women's lacrosse?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Post-ers, if you have an issue with a post-er, flag it and send to to me. If you want to make a public suggestion (e.g. locking a thread), post it within the Feedback Forum. And... Discuss issues, players, games, etc., not post-ers. Even if you think it's justified, avoid it. If you think a post-er is posting inappropriately, then flag the post. If a post-er is driving you crazy, ruining your experience, flag the post.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Ugh.

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:01 am Why is this a topic at all in this thread?
Asking for a friend? ;)
It seems you have embraced the meandering nature of many threads on the women's board
DMac

Post by DMac »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:19 pm ONW, the constant fawning over these young women is, to me, "bordering on creepy". It's not a single post, in isolation, that is arguably excessively complimentary...it's the incessant fawning, repeatedly...
I don't get it. That certain people don't like certain people, I get. That's just life. People have prejudices and personal tastes and whatever. But what has Outta said that is remotely sexual about these women lacrosse players? Does he really need to be a former coach, player, father, or otherwise to justify passionately loving women's lacrosse?
MDlax never accused anybody of saying anything remotely sexual about these women lacrosse players and explains himself clearly in the post you quoted. Passion is one thing, obsession quite another.
"That certain people don't like certain people, I get. That's just life." Indeed it is. In this particular case, there were so many other people who found (find) him to be annoying, unable to get along with others, wanting to be the alpha poster who calls all the shots, and just in general to be a huge pain in the asz, that his very own personal thread was created. It was created by him so he could post to his heart's content in one spot which in turn made it a whole lot easier for the many who don't appreciate his style to just ignore him. I think he's forgotten that part, looks to me as if he sees himself as the superstar poster who everyone is anxiously awaiting to hear from. Not. If he stayed in his very own personal thread (nobody else has their very own personal thread as no one else ever had a need for one) these type of discussions would be far less frequent as they were before the need for attention brought him out of his very own personal thread.
njbill

Post by njbill »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:38 am Post-ers, if you have an issue with a post-er, flag it and send to to me. If you want to make a public suggestion (e.g. locking a thread), post it within the Feedback Forum. And... Discuss issues, players, games, etc., not post-ers. Even if you think it's justified, avoid it. If you think a post-er is posting inappropriately, then flag the post. If a post-er is driving you crazy, ruining your experience, flag the post.
Come on, admin. His posts have been reported time and time again. I have been told privately some have been reported using the reporting button. Other posts are reported to you in open posts, not using the report button. If you are put on notice, it doesn’t matter whether it is via a public post or through the report button. Notice is notice.

We go through this very same exercise a couple of times a year on the women’s board. For some reason, you have decided not to take any action against him, yet you take action against others when he reports posts. It’s as simple as that.

The other day you issued a warning (after he reported a post to you) because he had been called “tedious.” I responded that that was not a personal attack, but you said nothing. I’ll bet in all the warnings and suspensions you have issued on FanLax, few, if any, have been based on milder choices of words. As you know, much, much worse is said on the men’s and politics boards and no action is taken.

Why is there a double standard with the women’s board? Why does a post here draw a warning or suspension when it would hardly be a ripple on the pond on the other boards?

This is a small nit, but it is poster, not post-er.
Matnum PI

Re: A suggestion about trolling...

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:23 am
MDlax never accused anybody of saying anything remotely sexual about these women lacrosse players and explains himself clearly in the post you quoted. Passion is one thing, obsession quite another.
"That certain people don't like certain people, I get. That's just life." Indeed it is. In this particular case, there were so many other people who found (find) him to be annoying, unable to get along with others, wanting to be the alpha poster who calls all the shots, and just in general to be a huge pain in the asz, that his very own personal thread was created. It was created by him so he could post to his heart's content in one spot which in turn made it a whole lot easier for the many who don't appreciate his style to just ignore him. I think he's forgotten that part, looks to me as if he sees himself as the superstar poster who everyone is anxiously awaiting to hear from. Not. If he stayed in his very own personal thread (nobody else has their very own personal thread as no one else ever had a need for one) these type of discussions would be far less frequent as they were before the need for attention brought him out of his very own personal thread.
Per Admin's suggestion, I'm moving this thread to the Feedback Forum.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:29 am Come on, admin. His posts have been reported time and time again. I have been told privately some have been reported using the reporting button. Other posts are reported to you in open posts, not using the report button. If you are put on notice, it doesn’t matter whether it is via a public post or through the report button. Notice is notice...
Admin doesn't follow every thread and has said repeatedly, do not post complaints within threads. Flag the relevant posts. You think "notice is notice" and Admin is telling you explicitly, it is not. That is the heart of this issue. The women's forum is treated differently than the other forums because the people within the forum are different. Specifically, different in how, and if, they report issues to Admin.
Caddy Day
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am
Matt,

Most know you are part of the hierarchy here at FanLax. Thanks for the site. My serious question is as follows:

When you post, do we as denizens of FanLax, take your posts as Matnum PI or as Admin?

Because depending on how these are interpreted and in which capacity you are posting certainly means different things when reading some things you post.

I am not real quick on the uptake so I do not desire to run afoul of the rules.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am MDlax never accused anybody of saying anything remotely sexual about these women lacrosse players and explains himself clearly in the post you quoted. Passion is one thing, obsession quite another.
Obsession? How is Outta obsessed?
That certain people don't like certain people, that I can understand.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I didn't say it was sexual.
Just "bordering on creepy".
Obsessively so, it seems.

Yes, it's possible to be a fan of the game, without having been a player, coach, parent...could have been through watching your school's team, having friends who played, etc. But that's usually associated with a specific team, a specific set of friends.

Or, heck, someone could be paid to promote.

Is there another way?
ok, if yes.

But what I've observed, and certainly I could be alone in this observation, is that the posts are overly fawning, overly effusive...and incessant.

Maybe it's a prejudice or personal taste of mine to find this strange.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac made a suggestion, which I have seconded, that ONW’s personal thread be locked.

The idea of his own thread was proposed because many posters on the women’s board did not like the fact that he was posting on all, or virtually all, of the threads on a regular basis.

It was suggested that his own thread would constitute something of a compromise. ONW could continue to post as much as he wanted to, but if his posts were confined to one thread, posters who did not wish to read his posts could easily avoid them.

ONW adhered to that discipline for some months, but has recently reverted to posting on the other threads as well as his own. This has caused the old problem to reoccur and indeed be worse.

If ONW is not willing to confine his posts to his own thread (which appears to be the case), then there is no purpose for having his own personal thread. Accordingly, it should be locked, and it should be made clear to him that he cannot open a new ONW thread.

My two cents.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”