Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Orange Duce

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump Toady "Judge" Cannon Forced to Dismiss Case
“The case ends in what should be humiliation for Judge Cannon,” said Loyola Law School professor Jessica Levinson. “She was resoundingly slapped down by her conservative colleagues who explained that it’s not just that she had a creative interpretation of the law. It’s that she inserted herself into a case where she didn’t belong—and essentially acted as another advocate for the former president of the United States.”

“Her decisions just completely lacked judicial restraint. That’s way out of the bounds of what’s acceptable. And she made political decisions with no legal basis,” Levinson added. “This is about as bad as it can get for a judge who seeks jurisdiction when she shouldn’t, which is to have like-minded appellate judges say, ‘What were you even thinking here?’”

The federal investigation continues, and it is now being led by special counsel Jack Smith, an aggressive war crimes prosecutor who left his post in Europe last month.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Talkingpointsmemo.com is teasing a series of drops starting this afternoon of a whole slew of Mark Meadows texts around Jan. 6. A few have already been published, but the tease article promises a lot of what the Jan 6 committee already has in their possession from Meadows...

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/a ... n-election
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:24 pm First group of texts drop:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/m ... 0-election

Reached via cell phone on Monday morning, Norman asked TPM for a chance to review his messages before commenting.

“It’s been two years,” Norman said. “Send that text to me and I’ll take a look at it.”

TPM forwarded Norman a copy of the message calling for “Marshall Law!!” We did not receive any further response from the congressman.

Says a lot about the kind of people they are and who votes for them...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:03 am

Reached via cell phone on Monday morning, Norman asked TPM for a chance to review his messages before commenting.

“It’s been two years,” Norman said. “Send that text to me and I’ll take a look at it.”

TPM forwarded Norman a copy of the message calling for “Marshall Law!!” We did not receive any further response from the congressman.

Sounds about right from my actual effin congressman...

There are already three stories up about various groupings of the texts (more than 2000 in TPM's hands), and they are doing a great job showing not just the texts but putting them in the context of what was actually happening, often due to the fact that Meadows took this stuff directly to Trump...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:37 am

There are already three stories up about various groupings of the texts (more than 2000 in TPM's hands), and they are doing a great job showing not just the texts but putting them in the context of what was actually happening, often due to the fact that Meadows took this stuff directly to Trump...
Loved this:

“When pressed on conclusions from experts and from Trump-appointed officials that there was no significant fraud in the 2020 election, Brooks hung up the phone.”

It’s remarkable how many of these Congressmen were duped by the misinformation factories that prodded them on and on….
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Some of them were duped, but I suspect a lot of them were so desperate that they just started grabbing on anything they could to muck up the works and use the "question" about the election to actually take over - in other words, they were all in on a coup.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Yes, Context is Important.

"Your" congressman sent that effing text on Jan 17th!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRJ1zUecFuo
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:19 pm

If that's not calling for a coup, evidence of a call for conspiracy against US democracy and the Constitution, sedition, I don't know what would be.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:31 pm

If that's not calling for a coup, evidence of a call for conspiracy against US democracy and the Constitution, sedition, I don't know what would be.
Not to mention that it's MARTIAL Law, bozo. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I have a very difficult time understanding why this and Trump's explicit instructions to the GA SoS to "find me 11,780 votes" haven't been enough grounds to charge Norman or Trump.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Norman responds to TPM:
Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC), whose Jan. 17, 2021 text to then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows called for Donald Trump to invoke “Marshall Law,” has responded to the revelations. 

“Obviously, Martial Law was never warranted,” Norman said in a statement to local South Carolina outlet The State. “That text message came from a source of frustration, on the heels of countless unanswered questions about the integrity of the 2020 election, without any way to slow down and examine those issues prior to the inauguration of the newly elected president.”
Gee, if I am frustrated about lack of enough money, should I be telling my friends we need to rob a bank?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:00 pm Norman responds to TPM:
Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC), whose Jan. 17, 2021 text to then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows called for Donald Trump to invoke “Marshall Law,” has responded to the revelations. 

“Obviously, Martial Law was never warranted,” Norman said in a statement to local South Carolina outlet The State. “That text message came from a source of frustration, on the heels of countless unanswered questions about the integrity of the 2020 election, without any way to slow down and examine those issues prior to the inauguration of the newly elected president.”
Gee, if I am frustrated about lack of enough money, should I be telling my friends we need to rob a bank?
I'm frustrated because I can't get women to have sex with me when I approach them with my tongue hanging out, so....(channeling Geneva here ;) )
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:46 pm

Not to mention that it's MARTIAL Law, bozo. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I said it before. If Nixon's WaterGate happened in 2022, he would NEVER have left office. No chance.

He'd go down as the greatest POTUS of all time. And any criminal activity would be looked at as just no big deal, as his supporters would diminish anything negative about Nixon.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:16 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:00 pm Norman responds to TPM:

I'm frustrated because I can't get women to have sex with me when I approach them with my tongue hanging out, so....(channeling Geneva here ;) )
Have you tried the “one cocktail for her and one water masked as vodka for you approach?”
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:48 pm

I have a very difficult time understanding why this and Trump's explicit instructions to the GA SoS to "find me 11,780 votes" haven't been enough grounds to charge Norman or Trump.
Because he could have meant finding them via legal recounts or re-canvassing. That's the logical defense.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Because he could have meant finding them via legal recounts or re-canvassing. That's the logical defense.
When did he ask? Jan 2.
Was the election already certified? yes.
When did they certify? Nov 21 and again Dec 7, final certification.
Had all legal remedies been exhausted? yes
Did he also threaten Raffensberger? yes

So, that 'defense' doesn't hold water.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, that’s what he meant! Why an exact number? How about find any missing votes….

It is long but you have time…..you can also read this:

https://www.americanoversight.org/docum ... vestigator

“And I won everything but Georgia and, you know and I won Georgia, I know that, by a lot and the people know it.

And you know something happened, I mean, something bad happened.”

Old Partisan just calling balls and strikes….. umped one of my games growing up…
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Another logical defense:
That's a nice house/family/business you got there. Would be a shame if anything happened to it.
Because the mob boss could have meant that he was really concerned for the guy's nice house/family/business. Not making a threat, logically.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm
Another logical defense:
That's a nice house/family/business you got there. Would be a shame if anything happened to it.
Because the mob boss could have meant that he was really concerned for the guy's nice house/family/business. Not making a threat, logically.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”